Wolf Play : Polly x Tene
Chatbox
 Hugs4Bugs
06:21:22 Ed (he/they)
Enjoy!
 Hallow's Eve
06:20:45 Hallow, Eve
Alright chat I am headed out for my date. I'll catch you guys later!
 Hallow's Eve
06:20:27 Hallow, Eve
Akari
Thank you!!
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:19:30 
Hallows- He is beautiful!!
 Hallow's Eve
06:18:56 Hallow, Eve
Ollie

It looks amazing!
 Hugs4Bugs
06:18:51 Ed (he/they)
S t u n n i n g
 Faulty Demons
06:18:25 Ollie, Gold
Okay, I fixed a few things. How does it look now?
-Click-
 Hugs4Bugs
06:18:17 Ed (he/they)
Ok I changed my mind, my saved mushrooms are for apples again xD
 Hugs4Bugs
06:17:42 Ed (he/they)
den expansions 0.0
 Hallow's Eve
06:17:36 Hallow, Eve
Akari

This is him!
-WP Click-
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:17:23 
Hallow's I havent!
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:17:10 
Not worth the risk then... I want apples for customs and den expansions lol
 Hallow's Eve
06:17:05 Hallow, Eve
Akari

Did you see my Quasar? I love the pelt so much!
 Hallow's Eve
06:16:38 Hallow, Eve
I've gotten better things, Like a butchers Broom plant and a cooktown orchid but otherwise it's all been feathers or knick knacks
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:16:28 
Thank you! Yes I love that and her diamond on her forehead! She will be a breeder for sure lol
 Salom_
06:15:47 Sal, Salmon
Akari
Wow, she's gorgeous! And a Quasar!
 Boeing
06:15:16 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
The one time I gambled with Bree, she gave me an Io Moth Caterpillar :")
 Hallow's Eve
06:14:06 Hallow, Eve
No problem!
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:14:02 
OMG! Look at this female i got from the wolf party game! Not great vitals but she is a beauty!

-WP Click-
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:13:33 
Oh yuck then definitely not going too. thanks!

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bengal Tiger : -4
Cougar : -2
Polar Bear : +3
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4 

Polly x TeneJune 23, 2021 05:52 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

The Princess had a sneaking suspicion that something had happened whilst the competitors were within the weeds. She had no proof to support her suspicions, but the looks on the faces of Colm and Chinook, and the fact that the latter went up to the doberman after the race was finished, said that something had been done or said.

"I think Colm-"

"Did something?" Lothair finished for her, his own eyes trained on the doberman. She nodded, and he grunted. "He seems... aggressive, and like he has a grudge of sorts."

"Against Chinook?" It was the white shepherds turn to nod, but his attention was ripped from the pair when Yorath nudged him, nodding towards the King. The black and white husky was looking at his daughter, and she gently nodded in his direction. Slowly, the King turned back to the crowd, and the contestants.

"The next challenge will be duels against one another." He said, nodding to a space that the spectators had already begun clearing out of. It was a place with rocks around it in a circular fashion, the monarchs having a slightly further away, but higher, vantage point behind the crowd.

"The dueling parts will be Enid and Duane," the King briefly glanced at the pair, but quickly relocated his harsh gaze. "Avon against our own Knight Anex," a large tan Great Dane stepped forward to be beside the competitor, body language relaxed, but face set in a blank, stony expression. "And, lastly, Colm and Kol's son."

"His name-"

"Leave it." Lothair cut her off, murmur quiet against the back of her ear. There was no point argue with her father over something so trivial, but he had named all of the other competitors, and he had simply called Chinook Kol's son. He was so much more than Kol's son.

"The aim of the duels is not to kill," the Queen spoke for the first time, ginger and white figure dwarfed beside her mate. "It is to put your competition into a position where they would be dead, or to get them to surrender. Once either of these things has been achieved, the fighting is to immediately cease, and the winner of the duel will be proclaimed."

The pale dame's voice was quiet, like her mate, but did not hold the same force that the King and the Princess did. Rather, it was the harsh glare that the King passed over the crowd that got many of them to quieten and listen to the Queen's words, otherwise she would have been drowned out by the constant chatter. But she'd never needed to be the tall intimidating one. Queen Verdandi ran the court room, she ran the meetings. She didn't need to be loud and threatening, she needed to know how to use her words. The King was the battle ready brute of the pair.

They'd created a daughter that was stuck between, and had given them hell for it.

"Competitors will get a few minutes to recover from the race, and then the duels are expected to begin," was the last thing the King said, before he turned to the Queen and started quietly talking.

"I can't believe they paired Colm up with Chinook. I would have put him with the Knight because Anex will know Chinook's limits and not push him too hard," Eneida all-but spat, glaring down at the competitors. "Enid and Duane, sure, a collie and a pitbull. Anex and Avon, two great danes. But Colm and Chinook? I hate that."

"You can't do anything about it, Dragon. Don't try. You'll only make him upset," Yorath muttered, still beside Lothair.

"I have to agree," Chidike said, gently nudging her shoulder, sitting on her other side. "You'll only anger him, Vixen, and it'll likely make things worse for Chinook if he sees that you're doing it to defend him."

Quietly, the Princess huffed, looking back to the crowd as the first duel was called to begin.

Polly x TeneJune 23, 2021 10:04 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

While the outcome of the obstacle course frustrated the male, Chinook chose to ignore it. He couldn't have won, but at least he may have come second. It would have reflected his agility and swiftness, and perhaps swayed some opinions when it came to him.

"Chinook, you'll do fine," his father spoke, interrupting his thoughts as the dueling matches was announced. "We've practiced this. You know how to move with your body and come into tune with it. This won't be very difficult." Kol attempted to put confidence in his son, especially considering how the past challenges had turned out. "You don't have to win, simply put up a fight. Try to impress everyone with your skills." Chinook nodded, absorbing his father's words. He could do that. He could play it out and make a fight last.

"Shh, son, listen to who your partner is," his father suddenly said just as Chinook was about to speak. Kol motioned to the King, causing Chinook to turn and focus upon him.

"Colm and Kol's son."

From the corner of his eye, he saw his father's face turn into a frown, Chinook's own dropping from an easy expression to a somber one. The King himself refused to say Chinook's name, as if he didn't deserve any respect or kindness. What had he ever done to receive his hatred from everyone? Was it because he did not fulfill standards? His own father was proud of him. Why was it so difficult for others to be as well? To make matters even worse, he was paired with Colm.

Glancing towards the doberman, he noted Colm's face already turned his way, a sick smile dancing around his features. Chinook had felt something form in his stomach. It was the same feeling he got when he was in a high place. Dread, maybe? Stress? All of his hope deteriorating?

Worried, the canine glanced to the Queen now, listening to the rules and nodding to himself, making mental notes. "Your entire body is essential and can assist you, remember that." Kol turned his head as the other contestants had begun approaching their partners, each a few meters away from the other pairs to offer room for a proper fight. There would be no fighting one at a time, but all at once. "I guess I should go now, huh?" Chinook said, glancing at Colm before turning to his father, who nodded. "Look prideful," he reminded him, making Chinook automatically lift his head higher as he began to walk off.

"Use my whole body," he mumbled to himself, Colm's body slowly growing larger as he approached. Chinook was the only one walking. Colm simply stood, expecting him to be approached.

"Lucky me." He said when Chinook arrived, words dripping with sarcasm and menace. "Hi, Colm," replied Chinook, attempting to come off as kind. The doberman stood, giving Chinook a once-over. "I have to admit, it will be fun humiliating you even more in front of everyone. The King, the Queen, the Princess, your father. Well, humiliating you more anyways. You do a marvelous job of it yourself, but when I'm through with you, well, it'll be over for your reputation."

"What do you have against me?" He suddenly asked, trying to sound forceful, but his voice cracking in the process. He felt uneasy in the doberman's presence.

Colm studied Chinook for a moment before smiling. "You bother me."

Opening his mouth, Chinook was forced to snap it shut as the presenter approached.

Colm didn't like him because he bothered him? Impossible. There had to be more to it, or was he simply that unlikable?

"Contestants, you should now be with your partners." The presenter spoke, assessing everyone before proceeding. "At this point, you will turn to face your partner's on opposite ends." He silenced, allowing the competitors to do so. "You will now take three steps back exactly." The others listened. "Three steps back," the presenter repeated, watching Chinook, who had accidentally taken four.

He dipped his head apologetically, hearing Colm snicker.

"Remember, the word 'when' may be said if an opponant wishes to abruptly stop. In this case, both must stop sparring and step back. The one who uses that word ultimately loses. Now, you will begin dueling on my count. "

"One.."

"Two.."

"Three!"

Sounds of others growling could be heard immediately, but he and Colm? Well, they were currently circling one another, each one waiting for the other to move first. Chinook observed, assessing his body and playing out different moves in his head. He had done this hundreds of times. He could do it another. Slowly, they watched, the air thickening as they remained circling.

He was patient, and judging by Colm, he wanted him to make the first move. Then again, Colm was good at mind games. Regardless, Chinook refused, until the doberman released a deep growl and charged. The canine saw it coming, managing to dodge Colm's attack slightly, but still managed to receive a small blow to his side. Grunting, Chinook brushed it off, whipping around immediately, Chinook had the advantage, as Colm was still turned.

Using his hind legs, he twisted his body and sharply turned, pounding his shoulder into Colm's hind legs, causing them to give out. "You'll regret that," he hissed, picking himself up immediately, and lunging at Chinook, who used his speed to side-step. Colm paused, realizing he dodged and suddenly snarled, baring his teeth. "When will you stop trying? You'll never amount to anything. What, you think that you'll be better than Kol? Please, you're nothing more than a commoner. In fact, I think I saw some resemblance the other day in a passerby. Maybe ask mommy dearest." Colm snapped, his teeth clicking near Chinook's ear, who had stumbled back at the sudden movement.

Suddenly, it clicked for him.

"You're intimidated by me," he spoke, the two circling one another once more. "That's why you target me. You're afraid that I'll be better than you." Colm only chuckled, shaking his head. "The day I'm intimidated by you is the day I've finally lost it. I feel bad for you, Chinook. You try so hard and where does it get you? You're not Kol's son, you're a nothing. The sooner you face that the better." Chinook only shook his head, but something within him felt.. Angry? "Why target me then? Why single me out? Not Enid, Duane, Avon, not any of them, but me?"

Colm, shrugged. "You don't realize how much everybody despises you, do you? How they wish they wouldn't have to see you at all. I'm simply trying to fulfill the wishes of the people." That one hit hard, Chinook had to admit, but the anger within him only built to the point where he used it to propell himself forwards, crashing against Colm.

The two toppled to the ground, battling it out and giving one another blows. Colm was now on top of him. "I'm going to win, and you're holding me back," he hissed at him, drool dripping and falling onto Chinook, so he did what anyone else would do in his position. He used his hind legs to throw him off.

Hopping onto his paws, the canine stood over Colm, preparing to put him into a position that would allow him to win, but he paused. "Alright, alright," he heard Colm say, which had made Chinook stop. "I admit, I'm jealous of you. You're father is Kol, how could I not be," he sighed with sadness, lying against the ground. "You have everything you've ever wanted. You can do anything you want. And I think.. I think I'm bleeding on my head.." Chinook only watched, blinking. "I'm not perfect, Colm. Far from it.." he paused, approaching the doberman. "Where did you say you were bleeding?" Lowering his head, he inspected Colm's head, passing over his eyes, which had suddenly turned dark.

"You're pathetic." Colm said, causing Chinook's gaze to grow confused. Before he knew it, Colm had used his paw to swipe at his eyes, causing Chinook to stumble back with a yelp, pawing at them. "What did you do?" He asked, managing to open them just in time to see Colm mid-air. Feeling himself connect with the ground, Chinook battled with his paws, attempting to get Colm off of him, but the doberman refused to come off. Chinook couldn't even use his hind legs, as Colm had learned from the first time to pin them down with his own.

"Never make me look bad again in front of everyone. Do you understand me?" Then, Colm did something unexpected. He peeled back his lips, and sunk them into Chinook's shoulder. "You made me look pathetic and weak. You put me in a very bad situation," he mumbled between his fur. Releasing a groan, Chinook struggled under the weight of the doberman, managing to nudging him off. "When," he mumbled, wincing.

Just as he managed to get onto his feet, he was forced back down, feeling a sharp pain in his side.

"I'm tired of you. God, why won't you give up already?" Now, there was sharp pain all over as Colm's claws and teeth continued to inflict injuries. Chinook struggled to stand, managing to crawl away slightly before being slightly thrown to the side a foot away. "When," Chinook repeated, this time, louder.

Colm didn't stop.

He continued, tossing Chinook around like a ragdoll, snarling and sinking his teeth here and there. "When, I said when!" He practically yelled, attempting to use his paws to dodge anymore attacks. "Get off of me!" Chinook growled, Colm only aiming for his face now, knocking his muzzle to the side. "Do you think anyone cares enough to stop me? If so, why hasn't anyone done anything yet? Easy, nobody cares about you." Eyes widening, the canine raised his paw, swiping it across Colm's face, drawing a bit of blood.

Slowly, the doberman turned back to Chinook. "Did you just.. Scar my face? You keep making me look bad. You just won't stop, will you?" Eye twitching, Colm stared down at Chinook, pinning him down. "You won, Colm! You won! See? You pinned me down!" He said, nodding his head, only to feel something connect with his face. Colm didn't stop. Didn't make a move to stop. No, he continued, using all of his force to bruise and draw blood on Chinook.

"Somebody get him off of my son!" He heard in the distance, but Chinook didn't pay much attention. As of now, he was curled up in a ball, trying to minimize the injuries he was receiving and hiding his neck, face, and underbelly.

All that could be heard from Chinook was a series of 'whens' being muttered.

Polly x TeneJune 23, 2021 10:38 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award

[ Eneida ]

The Princess felt something shift in the air the moment the competitors stepped into the makeshift ring. Something was different. Something had changed. It wasn't the appearance of the Knight among them, they'd been fine when Anex had first stepped up, so what had done it?

Her eyes jumped to Chinook, taking in his form and that of his competitor, Colm. There was a rivalry there. Something made the others dislike Chinook, and it was going to ruin him in this competition, she could feel it. Something would spark the final flames of anger or hatred, and someone would get hurt. She could only pray that it wasn't Chinook, and that it was one of the other dogs, despite the fact that they all seemed to be friends and excluded the husky mix.

It wasn't too long into the fights that things turned viscious.

Colm had Chinook pinned, and she was watching for only a moment when she saw the doberman sink his teeth into the latters shoulder. Stones plummeted to her stomach, weighing it down with a nawing anxiety. She couldn't step in, she couldn't help, she couldn't save him unless he surrendered and-

When, I said when!

There it was.

"Someone get between them!" She barked, snapping her head towards Anex, only to see the tanned Great Dane had paused his own spar and was looking at her father. "Anex!" The males name brought his attention to her, and she bared her teeth with all the authority she could muster. "Get between Chinook and Colm! Now!"

"No."

The King's words stilled all movement except for Chinook and Colm, brought everyone to a standstill as they stopped and stared. No? No?

"What do you mean 'no'?" Her words were loud and accusatory. "Stop this nonsense or I'll do it myself!"

"I'd like to see you try." A challenging glint entered her father's eyes, something that dared her to disobey. She had never been one to back down from a challenge, and so she nodded, descending from the raised platform of the monarchs and making her way into the ring.

"Get out of my way," she snarled at those blocking her path, watching them part to give her a clear way into the arena. Good. Great. Fantastic.

"Colm!" She barked the dobermans name only once, and uttered a noise of irritation when she went ignored. She'd been right to never consider the male as guard material. If he got this lost in his head on a regular basis, what good was he to her? Absolutely none.

Once inside the arena, Eneida broke out into a run, shooting towards the still-fighting pair at dizzying speeds. She dropped her shoulder, smashing directly into the doberman and sending him skittering away. Her own body bounced back a bit, jarred from the sudden stop and collision. She bared her teeth at the large dog, eyes widening when he turned on her without really looking.

His teeth sank into the fur between her shoulder and neck, claws scratching into her leg. Really, it didn't hurt too much. Definitely enough for her to grit and bear. But, born as an actress, Eneida played it up. She tipped her head slightly, yelping loudly and feigning desperate struggles to push the male off. He dropped her, glaring down at who he thought had just been a Knight or guard, and she could never describe the joy she felt as she watched the horror light up across his face.

Her yelp was all the indicating that Lothair, Yorath and Chidike had needed to send them bolting across the arena, smashing into Colm and pushing him to the ground. She lifted her injured leg off of the ground, seeing her mother coming trotting towards her, her father not having moved. The ginger and white husky fretted over her wounds, muttering about how brave she was. In the mean time, Eneida met her father's stare and said:

"I want Colm disqualified."

Gasps came from the crowd, and the King only tilted his head.

"I have no use for a guard that will get so lost in his head during fights that he may kill an innocent civilian. I have no need for a guard that will not listen to me. I have no need for a guard that will attack me if I stop him from committing murder. I want him disqualified and trialled for his crimes of assault and attempted murder."

"Attempted murder?" The King echoed.

"He would have killed Chinook if I hadn't stepped in, Father."

The King paused for a moment, a frown on his face whilst he considered what she'd said. Slowly, he sighed, nodding.

"Seize him. He is disqualified and will be trialled at a later date. Kol's son will be seen by a doctor after the competition."

Polly x TeneJune 23, 2021 11:42 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

"Stop," he whined, wincing as he felt a surging pain shoot through his back. What would his father do in this situation? What would Kol do? Surely he would try and get up, wouldn't he? No, but Chinook had tried that already, only to be knocked down. He could take Colm off guard, whip his head around and snap at his paws or face. Yeah, maybe he could try that.

Chinook waited, timing the pauses it took for Colm to attack. Every few seconds he would pause to catch his breath, so he waited. Chinook waited until.. There. Turning his head, the husky mix bared his teeth, snapping up at Colm, whose eyes were narrowed and foam spilling from the sides of his mouth. The doberman flinched, ears turning as his name was announced. Chinook, having grown distracted, turned towards the direction of the other individual. He recognized that voice..

"Eneida," he mumbled, thankful.

When he turned back to Colm, his head was knocked down once more. The pressure of the doberman upon him caused his body to begin falling asleep. His hind legs were numb from being pinned down, and his head hurt something awful. He was also sure that he was getting a cramp in his left leg..

But suddenly, the pressure of Colm was off of him.

Taking it as a chance, Chinook scurried a few feet away, managing to pick himself up, blood spilling from a few open wounds scattered around his body. His legs shook, and he spat blood out. Then he..

Running his tongue along his teeth, his head raised. "You knocked my tooth out," he growled, feeling a missing gap on the right, back side of his mouth. "What was that, Colm?" He suddenly snapped, hobbling towards the doberman in attempt to knock him over as a final piece of revenge.

He should have made his way over sooner.

Without looking, Chinook watched as Colm had spun towards Eneida. "Hey!" He snapped, eyes widening as his teeth and claws met hers. Hurrying his pace, Chinook was prepared to jump him before pausing, watching her face remain calm before suddenly releasing a yelp.

She's faking it.

Hiding a smile, Chinook couldn't describe the feeling within him when he watched Colm's face transition upon noticing what he had done. Moments later, the knights had arrived, shoving Colm to the ground. Panting, Chinook wobbled before practically collapsing into a sitting position, his back bent. His eyes stung, and he wanted to close them badly, but he refused to miss the sight of Colm being punished.

Raising his head slightly, he saw his father in the distance make his way through the crowd, but his attention didn't stay upon Kol for very long. Instead, he turned to Eneida, offering her a gapped smile. "I knew you'd do something, Soul. I knew you wouldn't let me get too hurt. You have my back in that way." He could feel his face swelling slightly, and Chinook feared to see his own reflection. If everyone thought he looked bad at first, they should see him now.

Lowering his head, he saw from the corner of his eye as the Queen hurried over, the King remaining sitting. Chinook noticed that he didn't move, but he radiated something. He wasn't sure what. "Son, are you alright?" His father's worried tone took over the silence around him, observing the wounds he had. "Good grief, he did a number on you," Kol said, shaking his head and continuing to observe. "It was my fault," Chinook replied, "I shouldn't have trusted him." He should never had checked on his head. Should never have believed him. Pausing, Kol shifted his gaze onto Eneida.

I want Colm disqualified.

"Rightfully so," mumbled Chinook to himself, watching Colm and his reaction to the news. He listened to Eneida, his head snapping up abruptly as she mentioned attempted murder. Wincing at his sudden movement, his eyes snapped back onto Colm, who looked defeated, lost, humiliated.

Good, thought Chinook.

He watched Eneida, noticed how she said his name. She put respect on it. Said it without a tone. She didn't say it with disgust or anger. She said it like a name should be said, and Chinook was grateful for it. There was a heavy silence as the crowd listened for the King's final word.

"Seize him."

Chinook released a sigh of relief, seeing Colm release a small sob as shock flowed through his body. That was what he deserved.

He couldn't help but notice how the King still refused to speak his name.

Polly x TeneJune 24, 2021 07:33 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

Eneida met her father's gaze for a few more moments, locked in a staring competition that held blank faces and vacant eyes. If her father could see her pretend pain, he didn't say anything, allowing the Queen to fret over their offspring as if she were still a pup. The King was the first to look away from her, gaze darting towards Colm, something darker overtaking his features. Anger. Anger that he'd been disqualified, or anger that he'd hurt her? She could never guess, and it was more exhausting to try and guess than to let it go.

She saw Lothair haul the doberman up by his scruff, voice more of a growl than anything coherent. When her eyes jumped to Chinook, seeing the wounds that littered his body and the exhausting that dragged at his bones, the Princess decided that the rough treatment is what Colm deserved.

"Are you alright, dear?" Her mother continued to fret, and the young husky decided to ignore her, testing her leg on the ground before striding closer to Kol and Chinook, only a slight limp afflicting her. If it hadn't been clear before that she'd been playing it up, it certainly was now. But that didn't stop the Queen from following her, muttering about her injuries.

"Of course I would step in," she muttered, glancing up at the knight that stood beside the husky mix. "We're the duo the world would never be prepared for, remember? Wind and Soul." Her expression darkened, voice dropping into something far more serious with her next sentence: "I'm just sorry I couldn't stop it sooner. I tried to get the knights to intervene, but my father stopped them, so I did it myself."

Of course the King would refuse to help Chinook. He had been at the disadvantage the entire competition. The large husky likely believed that it would be good for Colm to beat or kill Chinook, The thought had one side of her maw wrinkling, flashing her teeth for only a moment before her face relaxed.

"You've got some pretty serious wounds," she said, rather than voicing her anger. "Father said you'd be seen by a doctor after the competition," which, once again, was simply insult to injury. "I'll make sure that you're seen to as soon as this is over. Disobeying him too many more times today is only going to make him angry."

Making him angry, especially when the things she was doing were on behalf of another, was dangerous. He would likely do something to undermine Chinook at another point in time if she displayed much more of a desire to help him.

"We've got the questionnare next. I might ask if we can skip it," she said, turning to face the Queen, who had stood a body length or two away. "Ma?" She called, voice raising just slightly. "Can we skip the questionnare? I think I've seen enough of them to make a decision."

"That's up to your father, sweetheart," the ginger and white husky replied, voice ever gentle and sweet, feigning an innocent, kind persona. Eneida knew that her mother was really very similar to her father. Hard, calloused, cold, greedy. They wanted what was best for themselves. The Queen was just better at hiding it.

"Can you ask him for me?"

The Queen nodded, and trotted off towards where the King had remained seated.

Polly x TeneJune 25, 2021 11:36 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

"You'll be fine, son. Scars will make you look tougher." Kol attempted to make light of the situation, introducing a positive side to what had just transpired. "You'll definitely be more intimidating, that's for sure." Smiling, the darker knight circled around Chinook, ensuring that no wound was too deep and would bleed out. If it was, then he'd need immediate attention.

When satisfied with the results, Kol paused before Chinook, standing. Then, a darkened look crossed his features as he turned to Colm before he was dragged off. "In all my years, I have never witnessed anything like this. You, boy, do not have what it takes to be a knight, never mind a royal guard." They were simple words, but ones that had the potential to sting, especially if one had trained to become a guard for their entire lives.

Shaking his head, disappointment formed upon Kol's face before turning back to Chinook, and then, to Eneida, dipping his head to her and the Queen. "Please accept my deepest gratitude. I cannot thank you enough for taking action." Something wavered in Kol's voice, but Chinook wasn't sure what. Fear? Worry? "And you, son.." his father released a sigh. "You'll be just fine." Smiling softly, Chinook only grew more confused. His father always spoke in odd sentences at times, ones that he was never able to understand. It was as if he were offering hints to something. Only he didn't know what.

However, his attention didn't focus upon his father for long. Now, his eyes were on Eneida's, an immediate smile upon his muzzle. "I remember quite well. Wind and Soul," he repeated, chuckling lightly before his smile, too, fell. Chinook shifted, eyes leaving Eneida's for moment to glance at the King. "You don't need to apologize, Eneida." Pausing, he glanced at her for a moment, as if forgetting about her title. "I should be apologizing. You got hurt, even if minor. You shouldn't have had to intervene." Chinook should have handled it. He should have fought more.. Fought harder. Then again, he had long ago accepted that he was simply unlucky.

Eyes snapping back onto Eneida, he took it as a moment to glance at his own body when she mentioned his wounds. "I don't really feel them if I'm being honest," he said, smiling weakly. He still felt adrenaline at the moment, and Chinook refused to move his body. "I'm sure I'll feel it soon though." Blinking, he shrugged, then glancing at the Queen, dipping his head to her like his father had done. Would it be bad to say that he hadn't noticed her until now, his attention being only on Eneida?

Eyeing the mother and daughter, Chinook listened to what they had to say before watching the Queen walk off towards the King. "Thank you, Princess," he spoke, appreciated etched in his tone. "You've been defending me this entire competition." Why, Chinook still didn't know, but he wasn't complaining. "It's nice to have somebody on my side." Pausing, he glanced at Eneida. Was that to pathetic? That sounded pathetic.

He noted Kol conversing with someone in the crowd, feeling guilty that he didn't even notice his father's departure. Now, it was just him and Eneida. Together.

Gulping rather loudly (a disgusting sound from him), he turned back to her, studying her. He had realized that he came off as creepy, so focused his eyes on his paws. "You sure look lovely. I don't think that I had a chance to tell you." Raising his eyes for a moment, he let them drop to his paws. Gah, he was so humiliating. Who says that? "Er, your eyes haven't changed yet. They still remind me of land and sea," he continued, horror crossing his face for a moment.

Shut up, Chinook.

Clamping his mouth shut, he supposed he could excuse this behaviour. He could say that it was the adrenaline talking, or the exhaustion, or the loss of blood. Yeah, that would work! However, before he said anything, his eyes met his father's, who had finished conversing with a member of the crowd. Kol's own eyes were locked onto Chinook's, pure fear in them.

Kol was never afraid.

What was wrong?

Polly x TeneJune 26, 2021 01:19 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

Eneida flickered an ear to catch Kol's words, although they were not directed at her. She followed his gaze, eyes narrowing into a glare towards the doberman and the knights surrounding him. "What is he still doing out here?" She spat, watching Colm flinch from her harsh tone. Lothair simply met her stare, the scruff of the attacker still in his maw. "Take him away to the jail."

The jail was a cave nearby the main hub of the monarchs. It was still close to the top of the mountain, but just slightly off to the side. It went far back and a little down, delving the prisoners into darkness that was only brightened by the flicker and glow of flames on sticks. The 'cells' had been carved into the walls far down in the cave, leaving only a small opening for dogs to enter and leave the cells, and those were plugged by 'doors' of woven sticks and grass. The prisoners were constantly monitored whilst they were in there.

"I do need to apologize," she muttered, dragging her eyes back to him when the knights finally dragged Colm away. "I had the power to help you and I waited until I knew you'd tried to back down and he hadn't listened." I should have helped when I knew something was wrong. "I'm always bound to get hurt. If not now, then tomorrow, or the day after, or when I'm training. They know what I can handle, and push me past that. This isn't the first time I've ever gotten hurt, Wind."

The Princess wished that her father hadn't demanded that Chinook be seen by a doctor after the competition. It was horrible, disgusting, how everyone seemed to be picking on him, seemed to have something against him. "Of course I've been defending you." She said, voice hardening. "Everyone mistreats you--and for what? No reason. I know you can fend for yourself, and that you've likely been dealing with this for a long time, but it's... disgusting that they mistreat you and that no one does anything about it."

Had Chinook expected her to just... not do anything? She had power, she knew she had power, of course she was going to use it to defend him, one of her only true friends, one of those people that hadn't cared about her title or her power, but had cared about her. Nobody really did that.

Her smile towards the husky mix was pleasant, warm, real. His presence kindled something warm in her chest, made her feel safe and welcome. "Your eyes still remind me of the brightest blue glass," she said in reply, flicking her gaze up to her father when she heard him loudly clear his throat, eyes jumping between Chinook and herself, and Kol.

"Upon request of the Princess, we will skip the questionnaire," he said, but Eneida didn't celebrate. Rather, she felt something inside her turn to ice at his small, wicked smile. "But I have one question to everyone."

"What is he-?" Her voice was hurried, whispered and small, as if she were just a child.

"Can anyone spot the traitor among us?" The King paused, allowed the silence to envelope them, before he continued. "Seize Kol for leading the rebellion against us."

Kol-? Kol was leading the rebellion?

"Seize his son, too."

No.

"No!" Her word was spat out, baring her teeth at Anex when the Great Dane approached. "Stand down," she snarled, flicking her attention back to her father. "What is Chinook's crime? Guilty by association? That's absolute-!"

"Like father like son, Eneida," the King interrupted, still smiling. "It can only be assumed that Kol's son is part of the rebellion, too."

"Assumptions lead to innocents killed!" She yelled, moving to put herself between Chinook at Anex, watching the regret flash across the knights face. He had to follow orders.

"Chinook, come quietly with us, and it will be easy," Anex said, voice a deep, powerful boom.

"You will not take him," she snarled, glaring at her father. "I-"

I can't help Kol, but I can help Chinook.

"I choose Chinook as my Royal Guard!" She said, whipping her head around to Anex. "He doesn't answer to you. He doesn't answer to anyone except me. All matters concerning him must be ran past me first."

Anex froze.

There was a silence.

The crowd started shouting.

"Fine," the King spat, a similar venom in his voice to that of Eneida. Like father like daughter. "Leave Kol's son, but take Kol. He will be trialled for treason."

"I'm sorry, Chinook," she said, body shaking, turning back to the darker husky mix. "I can't- I can't help him. I could- I can help you, but I can't help him. I can't stop them from taking him."

I'm sorry.

Polly x TeneJune 26, 2021 09:03 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

Something was wrong. He could feel it in his father's gaze, as if he had just learned some horrible news. Who had he just spoken to anyways? Chinook narrowed his eyes, staring into the crowd, but the stranger previously speaking to his father was no longer there. It's as if they simply vanished. Slowly, he turned his gaze back to Eneida, nodding his head. "Even if so," he began, replying to her words on getting hurt, "I didn't like that you got hurt on my behalf." It was natural to feel guilty over it, and Chinook certainly did.

His body seemed to tense for a few moments when she mentioned him being mistreated. "You've noticed, eh?" Attempting to make light of the situation, he shrugged. "Everyone likes a chew toy," he added on, releasing a small huff of annoyance at the thought. Why was he picked on? Because he was easy and didn't meet the standards expected for him? Because he was Kol's son, only a small, weaker, scrawnier, humiliating version of him? Pah, he didn't understand it. However, he was also glad at having the part. He was strong in that sense, able to take mistreatment and harsh words. What if someone else was chosen? Someone that couldn't stand it? No, Chinook was grateful that it was him and not another.

Suddenly blinking, he turned to Eneida as she spoke of his eyes, a small flutter in his chest present. One small compliment was all it took for him to become flustered. "My eyes? I.. I suppose they do look like blue glass.. Because my eyes are blue so they would still look like blue glass if that's what you mean."

What does that even mean? Did that even make sense?

Eyes widening, Chinook slowly turned away from Eneida, hoping she didn't hear his words properly.

Idiot. Making up another language, are you?

However, luckily, he didn't frolick in embarrassment for very long, for as soon as he turned, he saw his father racing towards him, faster than he's ever run before. Chinook, managing to stand up, stepped forwards, confusion on his face. When Kol reached him, he glanced around, leaning into Chinook. "I've been found. You have to listen to me, and listen well." There was a pause as the King began to speak before Kol turned back to his son. "What-" Chinook began, only to be hushed by Kol. "Find an old dog. He goes by Frode, but that isn't his true name. He lives amongst the commoners and-" Another pause as the King spoke.

Chinook glanced at Eneida and back to Kol, not understanding entirely. "Slow down. What do you mean you've been found? Whose Frode?" He turned to the King, who was staring at him and his father.

"Seize Kol for leading the rebellion against us."

Chinook's entire body froze, chills racing up and down his back. Time seemed to stop as he processed this information, confusion etched in his eyes. Now it all made sense. His small comments. Why their den was located closer to the commoners. He didn't meet Kol's face, not until seconds after, and even then, he had no words. "You never told me this?" Chinook suddenly said, hurt on his face. "Why would you do this? Put yourself in danger like that? I don't understand.. I don't know why.." He was confused. So confused. Kol proceeded to lead the rebellion, knowing he had a son, and knowing that he could put them in danger? Who did that?

"I'm sorry. It had to be done. Find Frode, that's all I ask. Frode. He'll explain."

Chinook shook his head, eyes widening before his gaze snapped onto the King.

"Seize his son, too."

Kol shook his head, staring at Chinook and turning to the King. "No! Chinook didn't know about me until now. Please, leave him. He has nothing to do with it!" His father's voice crossed the entire place, hoping to reach the King. He only stood there, glancing around with confusion and shock.

His eyes landed on Anex, shaking his head. "Don't take him. I don't have anyone if he's gone," he mumbled, pausing as the knight told him to come quietly. "No, I-I had nothing to do with this! I'm innocent!" Backing away, he watched his father not move as he himself was seized. "My son knew nothing." Kol didn't even try to run.. To defend himself. Chinook stared at him, mouth agape and eyes widened. "You lied. You.. You betrayed me." It certainly felt like betrayal. His father didn't tell him anything, and now? Now, he was being taken away, perhaps even killed. He would leave Chinook behind, for what? A rebellion? Was it more important than him? He would risk his life for it? Risk never seeing his son again?

Anger filled Chinook's face now as he glared at his father, who looked down. "Forgive me. I wanted to do good, son, that's all." Chinook's gaze hardened. "You risked everything for it, including me." He couldn't understand. Why would his father do this? Pausing, Chinook backed away more as knights forwarded. "I didn't know about this!" He continued, speaking partially to the King, and partially to his father. Everything was happening so fast he couldn't.. He didn't..

"I choose Chinook as my Royal Guard."

His head snapped to Eneida, now even more confused if that was possible.

Everyone was silent until the crowd began to protest.

"Trialed for treason."

His father? So many emotions flashed through him. Turning to Kol, Chinook was now sad. Heartbroken, really. As if reading his mind, his father smiled. "I'll be just fine." He swore he saw a hint of pride in his eyes before he was taken away.

Chinook blinked, not moving. He could have said so many things to his father before he left. He should have told him that he loved him. He should have said something.

Instead, he watched his father slowly vanish from sight.

Glancing slowly at Eneida, he shook his head. "It's alright. Everything will be alright." He was in a daze. So much happened in so little time.

What was he supposed to do now?

Polly x TeneJune 27, 2021 06:56 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

Everything happened so quickly.

Kol was dragged off by the knights, the ones that had been coming for Chinook simply stopped in their tracks, and her parents were furious. But she couldn't pay much attention to them, turning back towards Anex at the speed of light itself, eyes a glare and maw wrinkled.

"Go get the doctors and tell them to meet us in my rooms," she ordered, watching him nod and run off, turning her newfound temper on the rest of the knights that had gathered. It wasn't their fault, not really. They'd just been following orders. "Three of you, go and collect the other competitors and see them safely home. The rest, go get other knights, guards and soldiers and disperse the crowd." Gods knew that her father wouldn't be doing crowd control after that. "We do not need a fight to be breaking out because of what's happened today."

"Yes, Princess," came the chant, and she watched the knights go off to their various, newly assigned duties. She turned an icy gaze to the crowd, walking forward and doing a small circle around Chinook, as if to solidify to them that she'd chosen him.

"Show's over, move on and go home," she called, before directing her attention to the dark husky mix. "Can you walk? We need to get to my rooms so that your injuries can be seen to in a place that isn't here."

We need to get you out of the public eye. Gods know you need it.

The Princess flashed another snarl at the fleeing crowd, ignoring muttered words about her arrogance and disgrace. Their opinions mattered so little to her at the moment that she hardly heard them, in fact.

"Once we get there, we can get you settled in a comfortable place. I'll- in fact-" She cut herself off, gesturing to one of the nearby knights. Her smile was anything but pleasant, no longer having the energy to fake kindness, when he came over. "Bring a spare bed from the knights quarters to my room; emphasis on spare." Gods forbid he steal one from one of the knights, she'd never hear the end of it.

"Come, Chinook, we'll go to my rooms now," she said, using her nose to give him a gentle push, similar to a push that one would give a tired puppy. "I'll walk at your pace, so whatever you're comfortable with. Do not make your injuries wores."

When Chinook had healed at least somewhat, perhaps she'd bring up the possibility of visiting his father.

Polly x TeneJune 27, 2021 09:33 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

How he wished to run after his father, or maybe try to persuade the King to have a change of heart. Instead, Chinook did nothing. Absolutely nothing. He didn't even try to stop the knights from taking his father. He hadn't even said anything. What was wrong with him? Why didn't he do something? Why didn't he say anything? All he had done was defend himself, not his father. Who did that? Who tried to put themselves before a family member?

He was an awful son.

Chinook raised his head, gazing around at everybody. He thought that he was the center of attention before, but now? Now, he was in the main spotlight. Everybody was staring at him the moment Kol left the area. Did they think he was part of this Rebellion? He had hardly even known about it. All he learned was from his father, which made sense now.

"One day, son, when you're older, take a walk to the commoner section. Take a look at all of them and tell me what you see. Behind smiling faces and kind heart you'll see poverty, starvation, weakness, and emptiness. They are the voiceless, and somebody must speak for them. With their ranks, nobody will listen."

He remembered his father's words clear as day. Back then, he was young, perhaps four or five months old. He wasn't sure what his father was ranting about, or what it meant, but now Chinook understood. Of course he did. It was so clear now. Why didn't he see it sooner? Why didn't he question it?

He had heard Eneida say something, but he was too lost in thought to even glance at her. It was all so confusing. He did hear her commanding orders. What she was saying, Chinook didn't know. He was focusing on his father and how he missed all of the hints. And who was this Frode individual? Where was he even meant to search for him? Didn't his father know that it would make him suspicious if he went to the commoners? Surely then everybody would think that he was part of the Rebellion. But could he simply deny his father's final wish to him?

Pah, he didn't know what to do!

Raising his gaze, Chinook paused as the crowd had seemed to walk forwards, circling him. Hopefully they could see from his gaze that he didn't know anything. That he had no part in any of this..

"Huh?" He asked, turning to Eneida, pausing as he listened to her words. She had asked if he could walk. Like a zombie, Chinook picked himself up, a few grunts sounding from his throat, but managing nonetheless. "I can manage," he replied, a little lost as everything finally clicked. He was the Royal Guard.

He couldn't help but wonder if she would have chosen him in the end if none of this happened.

Head lowering, he walked alongside of Eneida, his eyes glancing from the ground to the crowd, picking up their small words and comments. Then, glancing at Eneida, he watched as she ignored them, so, he followed suit. "I should have done more, right?" Lifting his head to look at her, he needed some sort of solidification that he had done the right thing, even though he didn't believe that he had. Shaking his head to himself, he frowned. Of course this happened to him. Everything bad always did.

Then again, he did become the Royal Guard, but look at what it cost him.

Feeling a gentle push, he glanced at Eneida and nodded. "Alright.. I'm sorry if I keep you behind." Apologizing in advance, he began to walk as if in a daze, his thoughts floating around like a cloud over him. "What do you think will happen to him?" He asked Eneida when they were a few meters away already and away from prying ears. "When will the trial be?" He had so many questions. So many worries. What would Kol's punishment be? Prison forever? A demoted rank?

He dared not think about the worse one. He couldn't even bring himself to let it cross his mind.

Clearing his throat, despite the circumstances, he knew that he needed to thank Eneida. "I owe you my deepest gratitude. You've done more for me in a few hours than anybody has done for me in my lifetime. I don't know what I did to deserve your kindness, but I appreciate it." And he truly did. Eneida and his father were the only ones that showed kindness to him.

It was at that moment that he knew what he must do. He would become the best Royal Guard for Eneida to repay her, and for his father, he would find this Frode individual and hear him out.

It was the least he could do.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us