06:36:43 Amy/Anpmygdala
Well it's almost 2am for me so i should go to sleep

Goodnight chat
 Boeing
06:36:14 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
My main takeaway from WP is just plant and animal identification right now lol
 WindStrong
06:36:04 
Hey guys! I've been working on my wolves personalities! If you guys could read them in my bio and give some ideas for Bone's personality and who you think should be the next alpha!
 Feiella
06:35:07 Fei the writer
WolfPlay teaches us what animals we could recognize in real life
 Amygdala
06:33:31 Amy/Anpmygdala
Plane
Lol🤣
 Boeing
06:32:59 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
I just saw a pheasant cross the road in front of me O.o
And the only reason why I knew it was a pheasant is because of WP xD
 Hugs4Bugs
06:21:22 Ed (he/they)
Enjoy!
 Hallow's Eve
06:20:45 Hallow, Eve
Alright chat I am headed out for my date. I'll catch you guys later!
 Hallow's Eve
06:20:27 Hallow, Eve
Akari
Thank you!!
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:19:30 
Hallows- He is beautiful!!
 Hallow's Eve
06:18:56 Hallow, Eve
Ollie

It looks amazing!
 Hugs4Bugs
06:18:51 Ed (he/they)
S t u n n i n g
 Faulty Demons
06:18:25 Ollie, Gold
Okay, I fixed a few things. How does it look now?
-Click-
 Hugs4Bugs
06:18:17 Ed (he/they)
Ok I changed my mind, my saved mushrooms are for apples again xD
 Hugs4Bugs
06:17:42 Ed (he/they)
den expansions 0.0
 Hallow's Eve
06:17:36 Hallow, Eve
Akari

This is him!
-WP Click-
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:17:23 
Hallow's I havent!
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:17:10 
Not worth the risk then... I want apples for customs and den expansions lol

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bengal Tiger : -4
Cougar : -2
Polar Bear : +3
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4 

Polly x TeneJune 12, 2021 11:20 PM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

The smile on the females maw turned modest, leaning slightly away from the other pup. It had been a long time since she'd interacted with someone that didn't know who she was, and treat her differently because of who she was. They would use titles, refuse to look her in the eye, would talk to her like she was some precious jewel that they couldn't afford to break or tarnish. This male didn't do that, and if it was only because he didn't know who she was, then she wanted to keep it that way.

One of the guards turned, sitting with his back against the wall of the stone rather than facing out, head directed towards the other guard as if they were having a conversation. She would not be decieved, though, spotting the slight turn of his head to keep both juveniles in his line of sight.

Did he think Chinook would hurt her? Sure, protecting the monarchs was his job, but did he really think that another pup would want to, or be able to, hurt her? She didn't have any official training, but she'd spent enough time around her parents Royal Guards to pick up a few things, as well as watching the knights and soldiers sparring. Her mother said that it was improper for a female of high breeding to know the art of fighting, that it was the males that did that. Eneida very strongly disagreed.

Listening to the male stammering over his words, the princess offered another giggle. Truly, he was an entertaining dog. Not in a way that she found his embarrassment funny, but more that she found it endearing. It made her want to hug him and protect him from the world, even if he would be much better at protecting himself than she would be of protecting him.

"Thank you," she replied, tilting her head. "Your eyes are very pretty, too, and so is your coat." Her smile stretched into another cheeky grin, scanning her eyes across the males face and the rest of his body. He was tall and lanky, although he would likely fill out with age if he was Kol's son, and his coat was peculiar. Dark, shades of grey and brown, mixed with occasional white and cream. Nothing like her own rather plain coat, a coat that was quite common among huskies.

"Wind and Soul," she said, giggle growing to a laugh. "The duo that the world will never be prepared for!"

The mention of Chinook maybe knowing her father snapped her out of the tunnel she'd allowed her thoughts to go down. "Ah, you might. He's not a knight, though," perhaps if she didn't directly answer who her father was, she wouldn't have to say that she was the princess.

Eneida watched him demonstrate the jump his father had taught him, tail wagging slightly. "Very impressive for someone our age," she said, grinning still. "My mother says it's improper for a female of high breeding to learn to fight," her tone dropped to a mix of boredom and spite, rolling her eyes. "I disagree with her, and I'm going to start getting the guards, soldiers and knights to teach me when I'm old enough." She paused, before adding: "Maybe I'll be as good as you one day."

The mention of the ruined city and Chinook returning in one breath had her practically jumping with joy, the happiness shooting through her almost violently. She nodded to both sentences, beginning to walk to the entrance of the cave.

"It's very far away, but you can see it. Normally it's all misty and foggy, but today's a really clear day, so we'll be able to see it better than normal," she said, prancing past the guards and preening beneath their disapproving stares. So what if they didn't approve? She was the princess, and they hadn't gotten orders from her parents to not allow her to leave. They couldn't stop her from showing her new friend the views.

She left the cave and turned, nodding in the direction of the city, walking closer to the edge. She sat a little farther from the edge than she normally wood, remembering that Chinook had mentioned that he didn't like heights. But the sight was here, and she was still grinning.

The large, rectangular buildings rose into the air in the distance, some smaller and wider, others higher and thinner. You could rarely make out the colours through the thick fog that hugged the buildings, but today it was clearer, and she could fainlty recognize what shades each building was.

"I want to go there one day," she said off-handedly, keeping her eyes on the ruined city.

Edited at June 19, 2021 06:02 AM by Polly
Polly x TeneJune 13, 2021 11:24 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

Chinook was overly excited, his tail wagging and his paws creating little 'taps' against the ground. He had never met a higher-up that was actually fun. At least he believed her to be higher-up, especially given that her father wasn't a knight. He could only assume that he was a noble then. Oh, or maybe a royal guard! Regardless, usually any children of them were stuck-up, hence why Chinook stayed away. But Eneida.. She wasn't at all!

He was basking in the compliments recieved, his small ego rising quite a bit. He was too humiliated to say that he enjoyed her own pelt as well, and how, while it was similar to a husky, was also different. The various shades in her pelt made her strike out in a crowd, Chinook just knew it. Alas, he was too shy to say anything, so he remained quiet, something he'd regret later.

"I like the sound of that," he said instead. "Wind and Soul, they have nice rings to them, don't you think? They can be like.. Our true names! Nobody can see them but us, and nobody can use them." It was like their own little secret. Something that they could only call one another. Chinook could see it now.

"I've never heard of the name Soul. Who is that?" Someone would ask.

"Oh, you don't know her. She's a close friend." Would be his response.

It would be wonderful!

However, his mood shifted then slightly upon Eneida's next words. "I don't think it's improper to learn how to fight." He paused, listening to what she had to say before nodding. "I think you should. Even if you don't want to be a guard or knight, it doesn't hurt to know how to defend yourself. My father always says that." He offered a smile before shrugging. "Nah, I think you'll be better than me."

Following her to the entrance of the cave, Chinook was twitched with excitement. He had seen a glimpse of the sea, but never the ruined city. Wait until everybody heard of that! Passing the guards, Chinook offered a small nod their way. He wasn't surprised that he didn't get one in return. "They're so formal," he whispered to Eneida, shuddering as their gazes followed him and his new friend.

Shaking it off, he stood next to her, gazing out towards where she motioned to. There, in the distance, he could make out the figures. Tall buildings could be seen, and a few smaller ones. It was clear that Chinook was gaping, his mouth opened in wonder and his eyes glossed over as if in a trance. He could faintly see some greenery on the buildings. Perhaps vines or some other foliage. "It's eerie," he whispered, "but it's beautiful." It took all of his might to snap his eyes away and turn to Eneida. We could go together, he wanted to say, but a sudden throat was cleared behind him, causing Chinook to turn around.

"I was wondering where you were. Didn't I tell you to-" His father spoke before cutting himself off, noticing that Chinook was not alone.

Why his father looked at Eneida and suddenly dropped into a bow was beyond him.

Polly x TeneJune 16, 2021 03:31 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

The female grinned at the idea of their nicknames being their 'true names'. She nodded, dancing in place. Wind and Soul. Wind and Soul. Wind and Soul. Already, it seemed like they were to be inseperable, like they would be side by side forever and ever. There was a kind of power in having another's trust so fully that they would trust you with something like a 'true name'.

Eventually, she would have to tell him who she was, but that was a matter for another day. A day that wasn't this day, the day she had met him. One day, though, Chinook would learn the truth behind who she was, what she was doing so high up on the mountain, how she knew which view was in which direction. Eventually, Chinook would learn everything.

"I wonder what it was," she murmured, equally hushed, watching the way the sun reflected off of the odd surfaces of the buildings. Well, obviously it was a city at some point, why else would it be called the ruined city? But what lived there? What had built those structures and then suddenly disappeared? "Do you believe in the legends about the 'humans'?" She asked, nodding towards the city. "I've heard some stories that the humans built that, and it's become debris since they disappeared."

Eneida thought of herself as a more logical thinker than to believe in something she'd never seen or had no reason to believe in. Why would an entire species build things so great, have so much protection, just to disappear?

Hearing a voice, the female looked over her shoulder, panic flaring up for a moment before she sighed, closing her eyes. Of course the adults would recognize her. Why had she hoped that they would either ignore her presence, or not recognize her, just as Chinook had?

"Hello, Kol," she greeted the knight evenly, tone polite but not too friendly. "The meeting is over, then?" Her eyes danced over to the entrance of the cave, sucking in a breath when she saw her parents standing there beside the guards and a young knight.

Her father was a tall siberian husky, black and white in colour, darker hues standing out against the lighter ones with clear lines. The male's dark look was accompanied by dark brown eyes, and a suiting name of Torvald. He was broad, but not in a stocky way, elegance still capturing his body. Her mother was on a daintier side, a coat of white and pale ginger, hues blending together to make the transition smoother than the transition of her fathers coat. Her mother had soft golden-ish eyes, a sweet name of Verdandi fitting how the refined female presented herself.

The young knight, an ebony dutch shepherd of the name Enok, had begun making his way towards them. The male gave her a large grin without her parents prying eyes watching, but his eyes quickly transferred to the form of Kol. The large knight paid little attention to Chinook, something she was grateful for, and dipped his head when he got close enough to be heard.

"Princess Eneida," his deep, baritone vocals addressed her, and she felt her spine stiffen, ears perking to catch his words. "King Torvald and Queen Verdandi wish to speak with you."

"I'm not in trouble, I hope," she said, voice taking on a sickeningly sweet aspect. Those that knew her would, perhaps, pick up on the filtered annoyance riddled throughout the sentence. Her eyes softened, and her smile held genuine kindness, when she looked back at Chinook.

"It was fun meeting you," she said, allowing herself to grin. "I hope we can spend more time together whenever you're up here next, Wind."

And, with that, the female set off towards the disapproving stares of her parents alongside Enok, trotting to keep up with his long, even strides.

Edited at June 19, 2021 06:02 AM by Polly
Polly x TeneJune 19, 2021 11:11 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

The young canine stood, staring at his father while inching closer to Eneida. "I do believe the legends," he whispered as his father remained in a bow. "I wonder why they left sometimes.. Why they vanished so suddenly." Chinook did believe the legends about these.. Humans. Whatever they may have been or whatever they may have looked like, he believed they existed. What else could build such towers? Such odd things? Unless somebody had a better idea as to what built that place, Chinook would remain believing.

Meanwhile, Kol stared at his son, a look of shock and perhaps fear looming over his face. His father cleared his throat, motioning to the ground. "What?" Chinook asked, obviously confused. "Get.. Down," Kol hissed, causing even more confusion in the pup. Was he telling him to bow? What for? Were the King and Queen nearby?

Chinook simply stood there, head tilted in confusion before Kol ultimately rolled his eyes and shook his head. Any emotion of annoyance he had left when Eneida addressed him. "Greetings," he spoke, raising to all fours and offering a smile. "Yes, the meeting has finished." Why was his father acting so formal.

"This is my new friend, Eneida." Chinook decided to suddenly say, grin forming on his face. He wouldn't say her 'true' name. It was a secret. However, the juvenile's face had dropped slightly when his father's own appearance turned into a look of disapproval and shock. "You address her by her title, son," he said, nodding his head. Chinook, still obviously confused, turned to her. "What's your title?" Did she go by Eneida the Noble or something ridiculous like the other pups he knew did?

Chinook waited, his eyes watching as young knight approached.

"Princess Eneida."

He paused, eyes widening slightly as he glanced at her, this time, him being the one wearing a shocked face.

"King Torvald and Queen Verdandi wish to speak with you."

Chinook blinked, glancing back to where the knight had come from, only to see two Siberian huskies. Gulping, he glanced back to Eneida. "You're the Princess?" He whispered. Oh no. What had he done! Would he be punished? The King and Queen saw him talk to their daughter like an improper fool. Where were his manners! He sauntered right up to the Princess and talked to her casually!

Mind racing, Chinook glanced from Eneida to her parents. "I didn't know," he practically gasped. Was this against the rules? He should have minded his own business! However, when Eneida's eyes softened and looked at him, Chinook realized then that he was alright, and that he wasn't in trouble. A sigh of relief escaped him as he offered her a rather.. Humiliated smile. "It was fun meeting you as well, Soul." Well, there was that. Chinook was prepared to go with his father until he caught her final words, his own lopsided ears perking up.

"I hope we can spend more time together.."

The juvenile's tail wagged, a kind look gracing his eyes. "I hope so as well. I'll see you later, Princess." He watched her approach her parents and walk off with them before glancing up at his father sheepishly, who looked down with disappointment.

"I didn't know," he said, repeating his words from earlier. Kol simply shook his head, sighing. "That's alright, son. That's quite alright." And with that, he began to walk off, expecting Chinook to follow.

Polly x TeneJune 19, 2021 12:02 PM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

The air at the top of the mountain was often frigid during the early mornings, regardless of season. It took longer for the snow to melt, and less time for it to accumulate at the top of the high peak. Just as always, the husky found herself grateful for her breed and its thick coat, blue-grey and white pelt helping keep out the most biting temperatures.

It made her almost sorry for the dogs that had thinner or shorter pelts, such as the rottweiler guard that sat at the entrance of the large meeting room. It was his job, but she could see the way he tensed and untensed his muscles in an attempt to get warm. It would warm up quickly, given that it was spring, but that didn't stop her pity for the short furred brute.

The meeting room was quickly filling up with nobles and knights, creatures there to spectate the competition of who would get the honour of being her Royal Guard. She cared little for it. Even if she was the Princess, the dame had been training with the guards, knights and soldiers for enough time to defend herself, even if she was only a year old.

Without a word, Eneida strode away from the front of the room, which is where her parents sat. The front had a slightly raised area of rock, a place that the royals had long ago adopted as their 'thrones' of sorts. It was just another thing that the yearling held little care for, not unlike the piece of coloured glass attached to her throat by leather, designed similarly to a loose collar. It was something to show off that she was a royal, something to show off rank and high breeding. She hated it.

The dame was nimble whilst moving amongst the growing crowd of bodies, avoiding being bumped and jostled. Whilst she'd inherited some of her fathers almost intimidating presence, and some of the males ability to be listened to without speaking, the Princess had taken mostly after the Queen. She had long ago gained her mothers graceful movements, allowing her to flow and move like water, like she were floating over the ground rather than walking.

A black body purposefully bumped into her side, and she recognized the male as one of the knights that had been teaching her how to fight. Without a word, the large male used his shoulder to direct her to the corner where the soldiers, knights and off-duty guards were standing and talking.

"Hello to you too, Yorath," she muttered, returning the grins that greeted her with a small smile and a few nods.

"Greetings, Princess," was all the male said, directing his attention to another canine to begin talking.

The title took her by surprise for a moment, used to the name 'Spitfire' coming from the male, or the dogs around her in general. Although, it did make sense. Around the nobles and her parents, she was Princess Eneida. Around just the knights, soldiers and guards? Well, they'd given her the name Spitfire the moment she'd stepped onto the training grounds and demanded to be taught.

"Are you excited for today, Princess?" A pale dog asked, stepping up to be beside her.

"Of course," she returned, tone only portraying some of the humour that the reply held.

"You're picking someone that's going to be your stalker for the rest of your life," the soldier said, bumping into her shoulder with a grin. "Make sure you pick the right one."

"Very reassuring, Lothair," she mumbled, rolling her eyes, smiling when the male practically cackled. "I'll definitely be able to sleep tonight knowing that my Royal Guard is my stalker."

The comment had the group that could hear her bursting into small chuckles, the refusal to disturb the other quiet conversations arising like an unspoken law.

"You should probably go back to your parents, Princess," a tan creature said, nodding towards the front, where the King and Queen had their eyes flicking between herself and the entrance of the meeting room. "I think the competitors will be here soon."

"Good catch, Chidike," she said, nodding. Her body almost sighed with the realization that she would have to sit beside her parents and watch a few dogs show off how strong and smart they were for the next few hours. "I'll talk to you later, then. Have fun watching the competition."

"Have fun choosing your stalker," was the reply she got as she turned and made her way back to her parents. Just as she got back to her original position, seated on the left side of her father, whilst her mother sat on his right side, the dogs that had been gathered in the middle of the room dispersed to the sides, giving room for the competitors to take up the center space.

She was already bored.

Polly x TeneJune 19, 2021 03:38 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

It had been months since he had traveled to the top of the mountain.

Not long after his visit, his father had sent him training. All of Chinook's past friends had grown apart from him. How could they not? He trained seven times a week, several hours a day. And even then, he truly didn't get anywhere. He had watched others his age train, their bodies bulking up. Their strength, agility, and swiftness improving, but him? Chinook was still the same, perhaps even worse than he started if that was possible.

While only a year old, he was awkward in size. He was tall, his legs thin and body lanky and lean. The only thing that had changed was his size and face, which had become more structured and masculine. Well, his fur had as well. He had more colours now, evidence of other breeds seen throughout his appearance. However, his body? It was feminine and twig-like. Pathetic, really. Everybody wondered how somebody like Kol, strong, powerful, tall, could produce such a son. Chinook wasn't blind nor deaf. He could hear the whispers of how his mother must have been unfaithful, for he couldn't possibly be Kol's son.

Kol still stood at 30 inches tall and was mixed. He was proud and honourable, earning respect from everybody he encountered. So surely Chinook, who was lanky, clumsy, and rather an idiot couldn't be his offspring. As far as everybody was concerned, it was genetically impossible. Sometimes, Chinook agreed. He felt guilty about it. He knew that his father would have wanted a better son. One who was like him and who would become a proper knight. Instead, he got Chinook. A disgrace, a humiliation, a nothing. After all, everybody thought that about him. Even his father didn't know of the comments he received while training at the base of the mountain.

"Take a look at that! What a freakshow!"

"Are you sure mommy dearest didn't have another?"

He didn't think much of them anymore. If anything, it had taught him how to focus during distractions.

And he could use a distraction right about now.

He was walking up the mountain once again, his father by his side and four other competitors around him. Chinook was at the front due to his father's position. The others behind him with their own families. "Pick up the pace," his father said, noticing Chinook slow down upon looking over the edge of the path.

Turns out he was still afraid of heights.

"Sorry," he mumbled, his voice a high-pitched squeak. Everything about Chinook screamed pup. Even his voice still cracked and sounded young, versus his father's which was deep and professional. "I don't think I should do this," Chinook said, glancing behind him at the other competitors. "I don't think I could even be a knight, nevermind a Royal Guard." Meeting the gaze of another contestant, Colm, he was shot a dark look, causing Chinook to gulp loudly.

"You need to remain positive, son. You may not have.." His father eyed him once, stammering slightly. "The qualities?" Chinook finished, earning a sheepish look from his father. "That's not what I meant. I mean that although you may not have what others do, you still have your own strengths. It doesn't matter what's out here, but what's inside. Do you understand, Chinook?" The younger canine nodded, although it didn't make him feel much better. He's been telling himself the same words for months now.

"You're young. You still have time. Why, when I was your age, I looked worse than you." His father chuckled lightly before pausing at his son's saddened gaze. "I- I didn't mean that you look bad. Simply that I didn't grow into my body yet." Kol offered a small smile, but didn't get one in return. Instead, he cleared his throat. "Well, regardless, you'll do alright son. No matter the outcome, I'm still proud of you."

"Thanks, dad," was all Chinook managed to say before reaching the top of the mountain. "Remember, look prideful." Nodding, he straightened his posture, raising his head as he entered.

Immediately, he was greeted by rows of guards stationed in a straight line.

Panic struck Chinook upon the sight of a large crowd. Suddenly, he wanted to go home, but it was too late. His father had begun speaking to another knight, leaving him alone. But not for long. "Good luck," a voice suddenly whispered in his ear, causing his fur to rise. Glancing to the side, he noted that it was Colm once again, a large doberman who took pride in making others feel small. He and the other four contestants had a clique of sorts, one that Chinook wasn't invited to join. "This will be an interesting event, don't you think, Enid?" Motioning to a female pitbull by his side, she sneered. "When I win, I won't forget about you, little Chinook," she added on, causing both of them to giggle.

"Er, I wish you two the best," he offered, attempting to be kind. "And what about me?" A deep voice boomed behind him, causing Chinook to whip around and practically bump into a solid body. "Avon," Chinook spoke, his words nervous and eyes widening. Avon was a large male. A Great Dane to be exact, and to say his presence didn't intimidate Chinook was an understatement. "You didn't forget me now, did you?" He asked, glint in his eyes. "No! Of course not! I meant you as well!" Nodding his head, he grinned before being nudged to the side. Hard. The four and final other contestant had inserted himself into the conversation. Duane. He was a border collie, and a vicious one at that. All four of them were horrific, and good guards nonetheless.

"Now, this won't be much of a competition with Chinook involved, will it?" Duane chuckled, the four of them snorting and eyeing him before their grins dropped, Kol having approached. "I'm back, son."

Immediately genuine smiles formed on their lips.

"Kol, it's always a pleasure to see you!"

"Yeah, we were just wishing Chinook here luck!"

"He'll breeze by it easily!"

"We love being friends with him. This way, we all cheer one another on!"

Kol offered a wide smile, nodding. "Well, thank you all. Chinook and I appreciate your kind words, don't we, son?" What more could he do than offer a small nod? He never did tell his father about it. He didn't feel in the right place to complain. He was supposed to tough it out like anybody else. "Anyways, I came to remind you that it's starting soon. We need to get you to your spot." Without another word, Kol motioned for his son to follow.

Glancing behind his shoulder, Chinook took in the hateful stares from Colm, Enid, Avon, and Duane, malicious grins forming on their faces once more as soon as his father's back was turned. A moment past before they all broke away from one another, most likely to get into their places.

"Er, where are we going?" Chinook asked, his father nudging past others. "We need to get you into position. Hurry up now. We're running late. Now, I just wanted to say good luck son, and don't panic. In a moment, they're going to announce that-"

His father couldn't even finish his words before a loud voice boomed across the place.

"Presenting, the contestants!"

Immediately, the crowd grew silent, splitting apart to reveal a larger area where the others already stood. Everybody but Chinook, that is. "Go," hissed Kol, nudging his son forwards into the open. Eyes landed upon him as he was pushed, small gasps being heard as he stumbled slightly and nearly tripping in front of everyone. Head dropping slightly, he crept forwards before raising his head in a prideful manner and scurrying to his position.

Oh, the humiliation!

Glancing around, Chinook then noticed where he was standing.

The King and Queen stood before him, followed by..

"Eneida?" He whispered, seemingly louder than he thought, as a few gazes turned his way. Flinching, he eyed her, blinking slowly. Gee, she looked pretty! Definitely not like the last time he saw her! Granted, she was pretty then as well, but now? Wow, he could get lost in those eyes and-

"Huh?" He asked, glancing at another individual looking at him who not looked appalled. "I asked if you're ready there," the individual repeated, disapproval laced in his words. "Yes, sir. I am. Apologies."

Could this day get any worse?

Polly x TeneJune 19, 2021 11:30 PM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

"Father, is this whole thing truly necessary?" The Princess muttered, turning her head slightly to address the large husky sat beside her. At a year old, the young dame was still growing, but already she looked to stand a little taller than her mother, and shorter than her father. Given that her mother was just below the largest average height and her father well beyond it, Eneida thought she'd done quite well genetically.

"You must pick a Royal Guard that you believe suits you, Eneida." The males voice, as always, was rough and low, practically stony, when he addressed anyone but his wife. "Someone that is the strongest, smartest, most reliable, and someone that you could see being around you for the rest of your life."

So it really is just choosing my stalker.

"Yes, Father, I understand," she said, refraining from rolling her eyes whilst the male had his own dark ones aimed at her. "I will choose the best option."

"Hush, you two," the Queen's gentle voice carried over her fathers back, bringing her to a displeasured silence. "They're going to be here any second."

In the crowd, the dogs that she trained with had gathered near the front, giving them a good view of the contestants when they entered. Bitterly, she made eye contact with a grinning Lothair, wanting to make a face, but refusing to do so under so many scrutinizing eyes.

"Presenting, the contestants!"

The female snapped to attention at the loud announcer, watching the four large, powerful-looking dogs file into the room. A doberman, a pitbull, a great dane, and a border collie. Looking at them, there were none that she could really see herself hanging around for the rest of her life. Imagine if she had that great dane following her around for eternity!

One final contestant stumbled into the room, tall and lanky, not quite filled out as much as the others were. He seemed to have a mixture of colours to his coat, a familiar manner of modesty, and, when he looked up, she spotted eyes that she could, really, only compare to glass.

Chinook.

"Name the contestants," her fathers order was not shouted, but in the quiet that had encompassed the room, it seemed to boom across the walls.

"Colm," the presenter said, standing in front of the doberman. A brutish sounding name for a brutish-looking dog. "Enid," was the pitbulls name. "Avon," belonged to the great dane. "Duane," was the border collie. "And Chinook." The presenter seemed less than pleased with saying the last males name, and it twinged a cord of dislike in her stomach.

Eneida kept her eyes mainly on Chinook, but flickered to the other dogs whenever their names were said, putting a name to a face. A few dogs around the room were making faces at Chinook, chuckling quietly to themselves or each other.

"Father, please tell them to remain cordial to the contestants," she muttered quietly, catching the males contemplative stare.

"You tell them," he said after a moment. "Show them the Princess that they are fighting to guard."

Eneida sighed, nodding, and turned her head to face the crowd again. Show them the Princess that they are fighting to guard. What did he want her to do? Scream and shout? Show them how difficult she could be for them if she wanted? Or did he want her to show them that, although young, she was the Princess? That she was both politically powerful and physically powerful? She didn't doubt that the muscles in her legs and chest were visible, they'd been building up during the months of hard work at the training grounds.

"I would like to remind everyone," her voice had remained like water over the months, flowing from her mouth and into the ears of those listening. But it had lost it's soft, gentle qualities. Rather, it seemed closer to the kind of river where it seemed calm on top, but had raging, fast currents beneath. Her voice had adapted an edge of danger, lethality, perhaps even coldness, over the months, steeling her into a Queen-to-be. "To remain cordial, welcoming, or apathetic towards the contestants. You may have favourites, or think that one is going to win over another, but do not make jest or laugh at them."

Eneida's gaze could only be described as a glare when it cut across to the first three dogs she'd seen laughing when Chinook's name was said. One of them looked up at her, met her gaze, and immediately avoided eye contact.

"If I see it from here on out, I will be personally removing your right to spectate the competition. That kind of behaviour is not expected of Nobles, Knights, Guards and Soldiers. Be better. Any of these competitors could become your future comrade and superior."

She glanced to the dogs closer to her, spotting the knights she trained with looking at her, questioning gazes meeting her own. Ever so slightly, she nodded, accepting their silent offers of helping her keep a look out for dogs breaking her new rule.

"The first stage of the competition is the test of strength, the boulder rolling." The King announced, nodding to the door.

Eneida could already picture the outside world. Part of the top of the moutain had had boulders, or just larger rocks, rolled onto it, and the contestants would line up behind one each and race to the end. Another part had been adapted into an obstacle race using stones, boulders, sticks and other things found on the forest floor beneath them. Then they would fight one another to prove themselves as physically and mentally trained, and finally it would be a questionnare within the meeting hall before she made her decision.

"Lead the way, Princess," came the murmured words from her father, and the dame sighed, picking herself up and beginning the walk towards the door. Some of the knights fell in behind her without a word, taking the place of the guard that would soon be by her side.

"Any ideas for a stalker yet?" Came a whisper, and Eneida shot a glare that was nothing but playful at Lothair.

"Do your job," came the reply, watching her parents rise to follow her. The contestants would be expected to come after her parents, and the crowd after them.

But yes, she had a very strong idea of who she would be picking already.

Edited at June 20, 2021 02:34 AM by Polly
Polly x TeneJune 20, 2021 09:55 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

Chuckles and snickers could be heard all around him. He didn't need to ask to know that they were directed at him. Chinook lowered his gaze to the floor, daring not to locate his father in the crowd and see his face. Beside him, the other contestants threw glances his way. Looks of amusement and rather.. pity seemed to grace their faces, causing Chinook to look away. He couldn't meet anybody's eyes, and yet he knew that everybody's was on him. He could feel it. He could feel hundreds of eyes on him and suddenly he felt so claustrophobic.

"Name the contestants."

The King's voice filtered across the room, echoing off the walls. At least the eyes weren't on him anymore. Chinook watched as the presenter made his way across them all, starting with Colm, then Enid, Avon, Duane, and finally..

"Chinook."

His head was raised, refusing to flinch as his name was spoken. Hearing the way it was said.. As if he had nothing to be proud about, causing a pit to form in his stomach. His father's name was pronounced in a mighty tone.. A tone with respect, but his? His was pronounced with a hidden. disgust.

He couldn't even meet the eyes of Eneida.. Of Soul. What would she think of him? She had grown up with elegance and grace, but him? He was a humiliation to the Kingdom as a whole. Did she even remember him? No, probably not. She was the Princess, she had to remember several names throughout her lifetime. Why would she remember him? A small, clumsy, twig of an individual?

And yet, somehow, he fought up the courage to glance at her, only to notice her eyes already upon him. Oh, those eyes. He remembered them well. One was blue, the other half brown half blue. He had compared them to land and sky, if he was correct. Resting upon her for a moment, he looked away. She must think him an improper fool. How could she not? She was-

She spoke then, causing all of Chinook's attention to fall upon her. Her voice was smooth and flowed beautifully. It wasn't like the King's nor the Queen's. It made everyone listen, even if they didn't want to. And something was hidden behind her tone. A forcefulness of sorts, one that said if you don't listen, then I'll make you. He wasn't sure what it was, but it captivated him, only to nearly flinch. Her words were about him. He caused so much chaos, that she needed to step in.

But then again, she was defending him, and that never happened.

Chinook gained back a slight confidence at her words, puffing out his chest and posture straightening. And, to make matters even better, she glared at those that laughed at him. An actual glare. Chinook glanced at Eneida, a look of appreciation etched in his eyes as he nodded slightly. A silent thank you.

The feeling of peace he had didn't last long, as immediately after, the first stage was announced. Fear struck Chinook once more. Strength? Strength??? He had none! He was tiny as could be in terms of muscle, but alas, he had to try.

Everybody waited as Eneida and her parents led the way, followed by knights, and then them, the contestants. He awaited until it was time, and Chinook then departed, following after everybody. As he walked, he caught a glimpse of his father, who was staring at him, nodding once. It was a small motion, but it made Chinook feel better. Slightly.

As he went outside, his gaze narrowed as the sun shone in his eyes. It took a moment for them to adjust before he saw them. The boulders. So, the first one was a race. He could do that. Chinook observed the boulders, trying to find a weakness in one of them before noting that they were all rather identical. Pity, he hoped that he could have found an easier one to roll. One that wasn't as flat on one side, or one slightly smaller.

It took a few minutes for most to filter into the area before the presenter spoke.

"Contestants, line up!"

That was his cue.

Walking forwards, he lined up next to Colm and Avon, who met his gaze for a moment, a flicker of something flashing across their faces. Uh oh. That didn't look good. Were they planning something? Clearing his throat, Chinook approached the boulder, standing inches away.

"Contestants, are you ready?"

Loud cheers from his competitors were heard, followed by a weak "yes," from Chinook.

"Contestants.. On the count of three, begin,"

Chinook inhaled sharply, lowering his body slightly.

"One.."

Chinook narrowed his eyes, determination upon his face.

"Two.."

Chinook placed his paws firmly on the ground, getting a grip.

"Three! You may begin!"

Grunts were heard from the others as they made contact with the boulders. His own body crashed with his, his paws moving across the ground but.. His boulder didn't move.

His eyes gaze whipped around at the others. Avon was moving. Colm was moving. Duane was moving. Enid was moving. Was he the only one that wasn't? Panic struck him and Chinook took a step back before sprinting forwards, crashing against the boulder once more as he strained to move it.

Finally, it shifted.

The others were already ahead, so he had a lot to do to make up for lost time. Releasing a series of grunts, he managed to slowly move the boulder forwards, his breath straining as he struggled to move. He had little strength, so he hardly budged while the others were already halfway done.

By the time he was halfway, everybody had finished, Enid having been the one to finish first. Now, everybody was waiting for him, bored looks upon their faces. Slowly, he made his way to the end. He had hardly crossed it before the presenter spoke.

"And that concludes the first event!"

Obviously he didn't expect the race to have taken that long, his words rushed slightly.

Chinook, panting up a storm, raised his head and allowed a grin to seep upon his muzzle. He had completed it, and that was all that mattered.

Polly x TeneJune 21, 2021 06:31 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

He may have come in last, but Chinook finished the strength test. The contestant Enid had finished first, but the Princess truly wasn't paying that much attention to the other competitors. She was too focused on the familiar pelt, the familiar eyes, the build that hadn't changed all that much since she'd last seen him. He was still thin and tall, lanky in a manner that made him seem uncoordinated. But she still held onto her opinion--Chinook was a son of Kol, she had no doubt about it despite the whispered rumours, and he would fill out with age.

"Don't you think that someone ought to tell that Chinook kid that he's not meant to be here?" She heard someone mutter, flicking an ear towards it rather than turning her body. Her body tensed, and she felt Lothair's fur shift with the tensing of his own muscles. He'd heard it, too.

"How did he even get in? Can't they see that he's unfit to even be considered as a Royal Guard? I'd do better as a Royal Guard than him," another dog said, a hearty chuckle following their words.

"Chinook is a son of Kol," she said, loud enough for those she was addressing to hear, but also loud enough for anyone that cared to listen. "And you will not disrespect the son of a Knight." She turned her head to face the two dogs, seeing two round, young Nobles. The side of her maw twitched, wanting nothing more than to growl her irritation at them. "It has taken more for him to be in this competition than it has for you to exist. It is an honour to be included and considered for the position."

Lothair shifted beside her, and she felt his warm, wet breath fall over the top of her head, signifying that the pale brute was openly snarling at the pair. She doubted that it was the contents of their words that set him off, rather than the blatant disregard for her rule.

"If you were so much better than him, why aren't you in the rankings?" She finished, face falling completely blank and remaining that way when she turned to the knights. "Lothair, escort them off. Chidike, check on the contestants, and inform me when you think they're all ready for the obstacle course."

The two nodded at her words, the tan shepherd walking up to the contestants and talking. She didn't catch what he was saying but prayed that it was respectful as she, rather, turned to deal with the two nobles who were now loudly protesting.

"We did nothing!"

"We were saying the truth!"

"You will listen to your Princess," were Lothair's words, the male looking tempted to just grab them and drag them off of the mountain. "Her rule was imposed, and you blatantly ignored it. You will face these punishments."

Lothair could deal with them, she decided, pushing their words out of her head and, instead, focusing back on her surroundings. Her eyes danced across the competitors, lingering on Chinook longer than the others.

He was certainly curious. He'd grown up, but not out. Perhaps he'd do better in the obstacle course, a place meant to agility and speed, than the larger, heavier dogs would. Perhaps he'd do better than them in the combat test, using a slimmer size to outmaneuver the bulkier creatures. But no matter what, he'd completed the challenge, which was certainly better than nothing.

"They're ready," Chidike was back, standing nearby her. She nodded, sending a glance across a small space to her father. He turned his head to her only moments later, watching her nod her head.

"The next challenge will begin. An obstacle course, to test speed and agility." The King's voice carried out loud and clear, even outside of the cavern. The obstacle course wasn't far away at all, the beginning being near the finish line of the boulder rolling, and the end being behind her, the track being an odd half-oval shape.

Polly x TeneJune 21, 2021 02:08 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

The scrawny canine stood panting, his head lowered and back bent over. "Hey, congratulations, Enid," He said, speaking to the brindle female. Chinook wasn't a sore loser. He knew he wasn't the best at these things, and despite how he was treated, it was rude not to congratulate the winner. "What's it to you?" She responded, her words icy and cold. "Yeah, we wasted time in the competition thanks to you. Why don't you just forfeit and save all of us some time," Duane mumbled, having come in second and forced to wait for several minutes for Chinook to complete the race.

"Now, now, don't be mean to Chinook here," Colm tutted, shaking his head with false kindness. "Without him, all of us don't look half as good." Chuckling, the others grinned. "Really, we should be thanking you old pal," Colm continued, peeling back his lips and flashing his white teeth at him laughing, causing Chinook to flinch. "Look, look at him cower!" He spoke to the other competitors, who all broke off into quiet chuckles to avoid attention.

"Quiet, Colm. They're going to continue in a moment. Last thing we need is to get booted off due to him," Enid said, nudging the doberman in the side, resulting in a grunt to be sounded. "Yeah, but he's so.. So-"

"Quiet!" Enid snapped, her eyes motioning over to Eneida, who was currently speaking to a few nobles. Craning his neck, Chinook watched her. He couldn't hear what she was saying, but he had a hunch that he knew what it was about. "You remember what the Princess said earlier. If she catches you talking like that, it's over. See? See? They're getting escorted off!" The other competitors whispered amongst themselves, leaving Chinook out. He didn't mind. He was fixated upon Eneida, feeling humiliated once more. If it were about him, then this would be twice that she defended him.

"We were saying the truth!"

Chinook turned away, his back facing the crowd. "Don't cry now," Colm said. "I mean, yeah, it is embarrassing having our very own Princess defend you. Somebody has to, I suppose. Even your own father doesn't. I guess he sees your true worth like everybody else." Shrugging, Colm motioned to the others before silencing as the presenter approached, checking in on all of them. Once they nodded that they were prepared.

The next challenge was an obstacle course. Something to test speed and agility. Alright, Chinook could probably do that. He knew that he was more agile than Enid and Duane, but this was Avon's main strength, having been faster than the others. He was a border collie, after all.

Slowly, they made their way to the beginning of the course, Chinook following behind like a useless puppy.

"Contestants, line up!"

Chinook took a moment to study the course.

"The beginning of the course includes large branches. Contestants must jump over and crouch beneath them." The presenter spoke, walking the obstacle course and explaining each part of it. "The second fraction includes several rocks. Contestants must jump across these rocks, watching their steps. They must use all four paws at once." He proceeded forwards once more, where a large wall of the mountain stood. Behind it, a small waterfall and pond, which flowed into another, much larger waterfall. "This next part is a favourite. A rock wall. Positioned near this wall are several boulders. Contestants must use these boulders to jump and climb over the wall, landing in water, where they must take a detour and swim across the pond and back to the half-oval track." Continuing to walk, the presenter nodded. "The final stretch contains several weeds. The contestants must weave through these weeds, doing their best not to make physical contact with them."

"And that, folks, is the course. Contestants, are you prepared?"

Once again, small cheers were heard from his competitors, this time, Chinook including his own.

"Well, then, you may.. Begin!"

Chinook, having been lined up with the others already, sprinted forwards, ignoring anybody but himself. The first part of the course was easy. He effortlessly managed to hop over and crouch under the branches, head down to move forwards faster.

Taking a moment, Chinook glanced around to see where the others were, and.. He was first? He was ahead them all! Wow, maybe he could win! If he kept this up, he could-

Chinook, having been so caught up in watching everybody else, managed to trip over the final branch in the first section, allowing Avon and Colm to take the lead. Stumbling onto his paws, he picked himself up and continued, shaking his head at his fumble. Even he heard a few groans from the crowd having seen his fall. Continuing as if nothing happened, Chinook now reached the rocks.

Placing his paws upon them, he began to swiftly transition from paw to paw, dancing his way across them. "Slippery," he mumbled, one of his paws falling off the edge of the rocks and nearly causing him to fall. Luckily, he recovered and continued, managing to pass Colm, who he heard snarl as he did. Now, it was just Avon, who was already halfway up the wall and reaching the pond.

Determination set in Chinook's eyes as he sprinted forwards, leaping up the first boulder and beginning to climb the wall. He hopped and jumped, using his hind legs to propell him upwards, speed and agility on his side. He was lanky, and that made him move quicker until he reached the top. Avon was already in the water, but he could get ahead if he could only jump farther-

Chinook felt himself being pushed, falling face-first into the water. Beneath it, he struggled to break surface, paws moving but his body not going anywhere. He remained beneath it for several moments before he finally gasped, breaking the surface, and when he finally did, he saw Colm ahead. "Sorry, pal, I didn't see you up there," he said, loud enough for the audience to hear. "Are you alright? Do you need a hand?"

What a fake.

"No," Chinook spluttered, frusterated but moving forwards. Avon and Colm were far ahead at this point, and two splashes behind him made it known that Duane and Enid were right behind him. Using his legs, he managed to move, quicker, and quicker, and quicker, until finally, he passed Colm. At this point, Avon was out of the water, shaking out his fur to take off any extra weight.

Chinook still had time to catch up..

"Ow, what's wrong with you?" He suddenly growled, having been kicked in the chest by Colm. "Not my fault your in my way," mumbled the doberman. Both were now racing against one another, trying to surpass the other. Chinook, however, climbed out first. Shaking out his pelt, he dove forwards towards the weeds, weaving through him and using his paws to plant into the ground and allow his body to make sharp turns.

"And the winner is.. Avon!"

Dang it.

"Right behind ya," somebody suddenly spoke. Chinook turned, only to be met with Colm's legs as he was slammed to the ground. "That's for making me look bad in front of everyone. Pity, nobody can see much with these weeds. I'd offer a hand, but I have a race to finish," giggled Colm before sprinting off and vanishing behind more weeds. Grunting, Chinook picked himself up once more and continued.

"In second place is.. Colm! And what's this? I see somebody else.. Chinook takes third place, followed by Enid and Duane!"

Cheers were heard all around, everybody's name being chanted.

Everybody's but his, that is.

"You purposefully messed me up. That's against the rules," Chinook hissed with annoyance, approaching Colm who was basking in victory and taking in all of the cheers directed his way. Glancing at him, Colm chuckled. "What can I say? I play dirty. Besides, nobody saw, and who do you think they'll believe? Me, a noble with honourable status, or you, somebody that is abominable socially. Now, step aside, you're blocking my view." Both conversed quietly until Chinook was at a loss for words, having no choice but to back down.

The crowd seemed to have divided into sections. Colm had the largest group of fans, followed by Enid, Avon, and then Duane. His own? Well, it consisted of his father and a few commoners, all of whom he knew personally and received nothing but kindness from. Approaching them, he offered a small, gentle smile. "Thank you all," he said, then glancing to his father. "I would have won, you know. You saw, didn't you? I was pushed," he mumbled, receiving a saddened look from Kol.

"I know, son. I know."

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us