06:36:43 Amy/Anpmygdala
Well it's almost 2am for me so i should go to sleep

Goodnight chat
 Boeing
06:36:14 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
My main takeaway from WP is just plant and animal identification right now lol
 WindStrong
06:36:04 
Hey guys! I've been working on my wolves personalities! If you guys could read them in my bio and give some ideas for Bone's personality and who you think should be the next alpha!
 Feiella
06:35:07 Fei the writer
WolfPlay teaches us what animals we could recognize in real life
 Amygdala
06:33:31 Amy/Anpmygdala
Plane
Lol🤣
 Boeing
06:32:59 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
I just saw a pheasant cross the road in front of me O.o
And the only reason why I knew it was a pheasant is because of WP xD
 Hugs4Bugs
06:21:22 Ed (he/they)
Enjoy!
 Hallow's Eve
06:20:45 Hallow, Eve
Alright chat I am headed out for my date. I'll catch you guys later!
 Hallow's Eve
06:20:27 Hallow, Eve
Akari
Thank you!!
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:19:30 
Hallows- He is beautiful!!
 Hallow's Eve
06:18:56 Hallow, Eve
Ollie

It looks amazing!
 Hugs4Bugs
06:18:51 Ed (he/they)
S t u n n i n g
 Faulty Demons
06:18:25 Ollie, Gold
Okay, I fixed a few things. How does it look now?
-Click-
 Hugs4Bugs
06:18:17 Ed (he/they)
Ok I changed my mind, my saved mushrooms are for apples again xD
 Hugs4Bugs
06:17:42 Ed (he/they)
den expansions 0.0
 Hallow's Eve
06:17:36 Hallow, Eve
Akari

This is him!
-WP Click-
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:17:23 
Hallow's I havent!
 \\ Akari Ahava //
06:17:10 
Not worth the risk then... I want apples for customs and den expansions lol
 Hallow's Eve
06:17:05 Hallow, Eve
Akari

Did you see my Quasar? I love the pelt so much!
 Hallow's Eve
06:16:38 Hallow, Eve
I've gotten better things, Like a butchers Broom plant and a cooktown orchid but otherwise it's all been feathers or knick knacks

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bengal Tiger : -4
Cougar : -2
Polar Bear : +3
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4 

Polly x TeneJune 11, 2021 09:03 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Please refrain from posting on this thread if you are not myself or Polly. However, you are free to read along if you'd like.
Thank you for your cooperation. :)
   Polly x TeneJune 12, 2021 09:41 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
NPC's

Polly's
Enok || Male || Knight || Black Dutch Shepherd || 5 Years
Kapua || Male || Noble || Rhodesian Ridgeback || 3 Years

Tene's
Valen || Female || Noble || Afghan Hound || 3 Years
Noma || Female || Knight || German Shepard || 4 Years
   Polly x TeneJune 12, 2021 10:07 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award

Setting

Territory

The territory of the kingdom is expansive, to say the least. It encompasses an entire mountain in its centre, forest stretching out in all directions. Distantly, in the east, a large meadow can be seen, trapped by the beginnings of a mountain range. That distant mountain range marks their eastern border, swinging around to cover a slight bit of the northern border, but mainly slips further east, out of their domain. Larger prey tends to reside in the meadow, larger forms of deer that don't come into the forest.

To the south, the forest extends until there's the slight, almost ghostly shapes of ruins of an ancient civilization (the now-deceased elders used to say that this was the remnants of the 'humans'). It's all in ruins, whatever remained of them had been claimed by nature. The only things that stayed behind were odd little trinkes, like small bits of plastic, glass, or metal. They were valuable for how pretty the dogs often found them, and for their rarity. If someone were to be brave enough to venture that far, they could, perhaps, find themselves something of a fortune.

To the north, there's truly nothing but forest in terms of landmarks, but their border was directly beside that of a wolf pack. They have numbers over the small amount of wolves, but their primitive nature often made them ferocious in a battle, and the kingdom, often, tends to avoid fighting them. Rather than trying to compete for more land in the east or west, the wolf pack has extended their territory further north, removing almost all need for battles between the two.

To the west, the kingdoms territory runs all the way to the distant sea. If one were atop the mountain in the middle, and the day was incredibly clear, one might see the slight twinkles of the distant sea. Some venture far to collect fish, the types that are only found in the ocean are considered delicacies among the kingdom. Others venture that far in search of the prettiest rocks and shells, hoping to get a good trade for the rare, beautiful objects.

Rivers flow in almost all directions as run-offs from the melting snow in the mountains. During summer, the rivers and streams fill with more water, during winter, when the snow is freezing again, they move slower.

On the eastern side of the base of the mountain, there is a large clearing. This is where most of the kingdom dwindles and 'hangs out'. Off to the left side (if you're looking from the mountain, that is) is where the Knights and soldiers train, the commoners predominantly staying off to the right side. Some set up stalls to trade for their goods that they've found or hunted, although it's often exchanging something rare or pretty for food, or services for food. It's the general mingling area, where other dogs are more likely to be found.

The Housing

In terms of housing, the classes of dogs are very obvious.

The mountain in the middle of the territory has a few cave systems, those that are higher-up in the system often residing within the mountain. The cave closest to the top, just a few minutes climb from the top in fact, belongs to the monarchs. It's extensive in terms of size, it having been hollowed out in a way that acted almost like a corridor with 'rooms' off to each side.

One of the first little 'rooms' that juts off from the side is the meeting room, a place where anyone of importance that needs to have meetings with the King and Queen say what they need to say. Slightly further down the corridor and across the space is a small chamber, spread out with different dens in different directions. This is where the Royal Guards sleep, unless their assigned monarch has requested that they stay nearby. The next room down belongs to the High Priest, built in a two-room fashion. One for sleeping, and the other for storage purposes.

Further down still is the rooms of the actual monarchs. On one side of the 'hallway' is the King and Queen's shared chambers, with three different rooms. One is for sleeping, one is for storage of whatever valuable items they have, and the other is simply for them to exist and relax in. Across the 'hallway' is the Princesses chambers, built almost exactly like the King and Queen's. The corridor of stone contains more rooms further down, in the case that there were ever more monarchs than just the three.

People like Nobles and Knights are the ones likely to have little caves of their own further down the mountain. Nobles are likely to have theirs higher than the Knights, but it's not entirely impossible for a Knight to have been able to swindle their way into a higher placed cave to show their status.

The rest of the kingdom makes similar shaped dens in the ground around the kingdom, normally pretty close to the mountain. Soldiers are likely to have theirs at the base of the mountain, whilst commoners are more likely to have theirs a little further in the forest.

Polly x TeneJune 11, 2021 09:50 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

Chinook

╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

meaning: a warm dry wind which blows down the east side of the Rocky Mountains at the end of winter

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Breed: Siberian Husky X a bundle of breeds

Rebel Rank:* Rebellion Leader

Thoughts On Rebellion: He has long grown tired of the poverty and starvation seen throughout the people of the Kingdom. Being a royal guard, one would be surprised at the whispers within the walls of how the monarchy truly is. He has seen first-handidly the cruelness within them. He began a Rebellion to take them down and hopefully restore peace in a corrupted world.
He leads the whole thing, so must he elaborate further?

Appearance:
I'm not a Wolf
[credit goes to Khalliysgraphy on da]

Large for his breed, Chinook stands at over 28 inches tall, perhaps due to other breeds in his bloodline. His ancestral heritage is basically unknown. His father was a seppala, his mother a husky. The rest? He isn't sure. He is mainly part Siberian husky, and is more muscular than lean, his physique being a rather powerhouse. His body is best used for strength over speed, but Chinook makes up for it by his stamina, agility, power, and intelligence.

His physique resembles that of a Siberian husky, but the colouration and his size makes it appear as if he has other bloodlines in him. Perhaps Mackenzie river husky? Greenland dog? Who knows, but if one thing is for certain, he certainly isn't a purebred. His height and colouration being a prime example.

His coat is a mixture of browns and whites, the pattern taking after a wolf. His head consists of a darker brown, while the rest of his body contains a lighter one mixed with hints of gray and black. There is also evidence of a light rusty brown around his body. His legs are pure white, and his nose is pitch black. His eyes are perhaps the most striking thing about him. They're a pure blue, not light, but a darker one, striking out against his darkened face.

His fur is thick and long, best used for insulation in the winter, and being nothing short of annoying in the summer. Chinook's nose is a pure black, and his facial features are defined with a few scars littered around his body here and there. It's to be expected, after all, he is a guard. His scent is an earthy smell, almost like a mixture of pine trees and rain, and his voice is deep and raspy.

Personality:
Chinook is known to be determined, confident, and friendly. He has a booming voice known to be heard across an entire group. He is a leader, but he doesn't present himself as one. It's more seen in how he acts towards a situation.. How he manages to come up with ways to solve issues and help others. He is what others call a natural-born leader. He knows right from wrong and knows when and when not to test one's limit.

He is also very reserved when it comes to himself, but one has to be when they're a leader of a secret Rebellion.

Chinook is very friendly and open. He is approachable and offers advice to anybody who needs it. He strives to help others, even if the situation seems inpossible. The male is one to make sacrifices for himself in order to help others, even a stranger. To put it bluntly, Chinook is the type to do anything for anyone, but the male, like everybody else, also can be more fierce if somebody he cares for is threatened or in danger. He prefers respect and order. The rules are simple. Don't respect him? Then he won't respect you.

Chinook is very careful about others. Cautious and weary, he won't trust others unless they prove themselves to him. Not anybody could befriend him, certainly not under the current conditions, him being the leader of a secret Rebellion. When it does come to those he cares about and trusts, Chinook would do anything for them, simply ask and he shall deliver. He is never one to grow enraged. Not easily, of course. He has a way of presenting himself in a calming manner when in the face of a fight, and never dives head first into things without thinking. As a guard, he must be weary of his surroundings and have a strategy, so he's used to planning.

Intelligence is also on his side. He is cunning and swift when making a decision, as well as descreet. He knows how to dodge things and motivate others, falling into his natural-born leader and selfless category. This male is a gentle giant, unless somebody pokes in the wrong place.

Affiliations:
Eneida - His Assigned Monarch - Closest Friend
Chinook had known Eneida since a mere pup. She was his best friend before he even knew the meaning of that word. Of course, he didn't know that she was the Princess at the time, so imagine his surprise when he found out not long after. They had lost touch for a little while, and when Chinook was a yearling lined up waiting to be chosen as a guard, you could imagine his surprise (again) that Eneida had remembered him and actually chosen him as her guard. I mean, he was lanky, awkward, and clumsy, but that was before he grew into his body. She saw something in him. He wasn't sure what, but she took a chance on him, and he was eternally grateful for it. Since that day, they have been close. Hell, he even has nicknames for her. Indeed, they are close. Very close.

Other: I like 'em all
Theme Songs:
Polly x TeneJune 11, 2021 10:32 PM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
My Princess
inalu-by-khalliysgraphy-d4dwba1-fullview.jpg
Name:
Eneida
Meaning: "Soul".
Sexuality:
Pansexual
Breed:
Siberian Husky
Princess
Rebel Rank:
N/A
Thoughts On Rebellion:
Eneida has very little opinion on the rebellion. Perhaps her parents deserve it, perhaps they do not. She is not necessarily in a position to deny the people their voice, not that she would want to if she could. If they think they're being mistreated, she will stand alongside the masses.
Appearance:
Eneida is a canine barely above the average size for her breed, standing at 24 inches at the shoulder, and weighing a slim 53 pounds. Compared to a lot of other breeds, she's not overly tall or hefty, built for speed and endurance over brute strength. She doesn't have broad shoulders or a bulky head, body muscle-coated and lead beneath her thick pelt. For her body, she has rather long legs, and a long, angular face, ending in a proportionally long muzzle.

Her pelt is similar to that of a classical husky, grey markings along her face and back, white lining her underbelly and throat, reaching up to cover parts of her face. There are light greys, dark greys, creamy-greys, and tan-greys all along her body, other than the parts that are white, and it adds some gradient to her coat. Her pelt is thick and fluffy, witholding strong against the cold, and it makes her appear larger than she is in most cases, adding a bulk to her figure that she doesn't actually possess.

Her eyes are an oddity about her. The right is a clear, icy blue that is well known among huskies, practically an icon for the breed, and the other has sectoral heterochromia. The top half is a deep brown, the lower half is the same crystal blue [it's more clearly seen in the second picture, but can be seen in all three]. Her scent is a fresh kind of pine, mixed with freshly fallen snow.

Her sphere of glass is a pale purple colour, attached to her chest at almost all times.
[Credit for Images: Khalliysgraphy on DA. Stock Images.]
everlasting-by-khalliysgraphy-d6r1no2-pre.jpg
Personality:
Eneida is, in short, a selective canid. She picks and chooses who gets into her inner circle, sussing out another before she begins to even think of letting them in. She'll be friendly to them, sure, but there's a line between being friendly, and being friends. She won't let anything slip, allowing herself to be closed off and have her walls remain high and strong. She's never going to drop them--someone has to clamber over them if they wish to see the real her.

The husky demands respect, and gives respect when it is given. You'll never find her gossiping behind another's back, or attacking someone for no reason, or discredit someone without a cause. If she's given respect, she'll very willingly give it back. It could be the dog that she hates the most in the whole world, but she'll offer them basic respect and dignity if they return the courtesy. If someone is rude, or disrespectful, or outright mean to either her or the rest of the team, Eneida has the capabilities and mental fortitude to give them the same treatment, and she'll do it. Treat others as you wish to be treated is something she lives by, and she'll help and respect others until they've simply gone too far.

Despite the calm nature, every being has their limits. When hers are reached, Eneida can turn into an aggressive, fiesty dog. If she's set herself on a warpath, she's passionate enough to have nothing stop her except death itself. Often, this limit is damage being done to her friends, either actual mental damage, or physical damage.

Eneida is, in many cases, can be stubborn. Once she's set her mind on something, she'll stick to it. Determined is a nicer word for it, but stubborn is realistic. Only those closest to her can swerve her views and decisions. But it's a quiet, calm kind of stubbornness. The kind that many don't even recognize until much later.

With those she cares for, the dog can be a little on the louder, more energetic side. With those in her close circle, she can be a little louder, exciteable, joking and offering some forms of affection. To get to this point in her close circle is a true marker of how much she has bonded with you.
Affiliations:
[Blank] - The King - Her Father
>
[Blank] - The Queen - Her Mother
>
Chinook - Her Royal Guard - Her Closest Friend
> Chinook is someone that Eneida has known since, seemingly, the beginning of time. She's known him since they were pups, and saw him again as a yearling when she was picking her Royal Guard. He was thin and stringy, not as well trained as the other options, but Eneida remembered the kind pup he had been, and picked him regardless. She is glad she made that decision, making the male one of her life-long friends. Don't tell him that it might be a little bit more, though.
Pandora - Soldier - Female Best Friend
> If Chinook is Eneida's best friend, then Pandora is a very close second place. The rough collie is someone she can confide in, someone that she actively searches for among crowds, someone that she demands to spar with, someone that she demands the attention of. The female made her way into her heart, and Eneida doesn't regret letting her there.
behind-blue-eyes-2-by-khalliysgraphy-d31hz8x-fullview.jpg
Other:
I'm kinda in love with how Eneida turned out *^*
Polly x TeneJune 12, 2021 11:05 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

"I don't feel so good."

A young brown-pelted pup stood queasily on the edge of a mountain staring down at the land below him. "Don't look over the edge then, son." A shadow overlooked the pup, picking him up by the scruff and dragging him a few feet away from where he previously stood. "It's so.. high up," the pup gulped, staring at the land that stretched around. What if he fell? What if he wasn't able to get down? Oh, he didn't feel very good at all.

It was at that moment that Chinook had discovered his fear of heights.

"You're the one that insisted on tagging along. Are you having second thoughts?" Chinook's father spoke, his voice low yet powerful. Kol was a well-respected knight of high status. He was everything Chinook wished to be when he was older. Strong, tall, powerful, wise, and so much more. He wished nothing more than to make his father proud, so when he asked if he was having second thoughts, Chinook shook his head rapidly. "No, sir. I'm alright." Standing up, his legs shook slightly but he managed to take a few steps forwards.

"Er, how much farther do we have to go?" He asked, staring up at his father.

"Not too far now. We just passed where the nobles and knights reside," Kol responded, a grin teasing his muzzle as Chinook practically turned green. "Listen, keep your head up and don't look down. Make sure to watch your step as well. I was the same way my first time arriving." Nodding once firmly, Kol continued. If he were tired of rapidly stopping for his son to catch his breath, he didn't show it. While Kol was able to have his family reside higher than the nobles, he chose to live farther down the mountain, closer to the bottom. Chinook never understood why, but his father always said that it was easier to move around, whatever that meant.

Chinook, both dizzy and dare say nauseous, followed behind with his tail tucked between his legs. "Look prideful, son," his father spoke, eyes remaining forwards. "Yes, sir," replied Chinook, adjusting himself so that he looked presentable. With his head high and tail untucked, he strutted alongside of his father.

"Do you think that I'll get to meet the King and Queen?"

"That is possible." Was the response he received.

"What are they like?"

"Very mature and elegant. You must remember your manners, son. What were the rules we talked about earlier?"

"Oh, uh.." Chinook took a moment before remembering, "I mustn't speak first, I must bow before them, and I must always say 'please' and 'thank you' when spoken to." Glancing up at his father, he eyed him with excitement.

"You missed one."

Chinook paused, excitement fading. "I did..?" He couldn't remember.

"When I go into the meeting, you must remain outside at all times. I don't want you wandering around. No eavesdropping either," his father sighed, reminding him of the last rule. "Oh, right!" Pausing, Chinook's ears pinned back slightly. He hated getting things wrong and disappointing his father.

"Lighten up, son." Kol turned to Chinook, bending his neck down to peer at his son eye-to-eye as a smile crossed his features. "We're here. You ready to see your old man at work?" Chinook couldn't help but smile back, nodding eagerly. "Yes, sir. I can't wait." Content with that answer, Kol raised his head and continued, nodding to the two knights posted outside of the top cavern.

Everything was so intimidating, or so Chinook had discovered. Staring up at the two knights posted outside, he smiled at them, only to let it drop. They didn't even look at him. Was everybody this professional? Feeling uneasy, he stepped closer to his father, bumping into his leg. "Be proud, son," he mumbled under his breath, a reminder for Chinook to not act cowardly.

"Just to the right down the hall," he told Chinook, who gazed around in awe. "It's like a maze," he whispered back, staring at the halls and rooms twisting around. That had received a small chuckle from Kol.

"Did you get lost?" A sudden voice spoke as a large figure approached. "Arne," Kol greeted, a wide smile upon his face. "Is everybody inside already?" The tall male, perhaps a rottweiler of some sorts, nodded. "We've only been waiting a few minutes. Come on in." Pausing, Arne gazed down, noticing Chinook. "My son," Kol replied, smiling. "He's been insisting to come for a while now, and I finally caved. You don't mind him just standing outside waiting, do you? He's a good lad, no trouble at all."

Arne shrugged. "No issue at all, Kol. Pleasure to meet you, Chinook. You planning on being a knight one of these days?" The pup, obviously starstruck, nodded once. "That's the plan, sir. Gee, you look really awesome." That had struck Arne, causing him to laugh. Chinook liked his laugh. It was a deep rumble that came from his belly. "Ah, well, work hard and you'll get here. Well, your father won't be very long now, it's a quick meeting." And with that, Chinook watched his father and Arne walk into a large room. From where he stood, he could see a few other individuals crowded around, but he dared not look further. He promised that he'd be good, and Chinook always kept his promises.

Standing still, the pup sat down a few feet away from the room out of sight. To say he grew bored quickly was an understatement, and within moments, Chinook was counting how many pebbles he could see. He was on his twentieth when he paused, seeing a small figure in the distance. Someone similar in age to him. Curious, he stood.

No, he couldn't. He promised he'd sit still.

But the figure was only a few meters away. Just down the hall. Were they bored like him? Maybe they were also waiting. Maybe.. Just maybe.. They could wait together! Slowly, Chinook took a step forwards, flinching when he heard a rumble of laughter coming from the room his father was in.

Quietly, he continued, walking down the hall, the figure becoming clearer. Chinook was right! It was someone similar in age to him! She was smaller and a husky, he could see that clear as day. Did her father also come for the meeting? Maybe her mother?

"Hello?" Chinook called, still a little far away, but approaching quickly. "Er, are you waiting for the meeting to end as well? I was thinking we could wait together if so."

Polly x TeneJune 12, 2021 11:38 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

Had she wanted to be inside the meeting? Not particularly. But did that mean that she wanted to be left outside of the meeting room, told to sit and wait patiently like some servant, forever to await the beck and call of her parents? No. Out of the two options, she would have preferred to have been sat beside her regal parents and listened in on the meeting.

But no, she was told to sit outside and wait patiently and not to bother the guards stationed nearby. So she was alone and bored--a horrible combination for any juvenile, herself included. Status did not remove the boredom or temptations from her mind, nor did her status as Princess Eneida stop her from wanting to mindlessly talk at the guards. They wouldn't humour her, they never did, but sometimes she could swindle a ghost of a smile from the stony guards. Sometimes, they were so immovable she could even convince herself that they were just statues made of stone rather than living, breathing dogs.

Perhaps it was her lack of company that made her acutely aware of the other juvenile that strode into the cave alongside the figure of a large, powerful knight. If she knew the knights well enough, and she knew them fairly well, that was Kol, and he had a son. The name of his son escaped her entirely, which isn't her proudest moment, but at least she recognized the knight. That was an accomplishment.

The attention of the husky puppy snapped to the other juvenile when his voice carried towards her, ears shoving themselves forward to catch his words amidst her distracted thoughts. Her posture, even whilst she was sitting, suggested a creature of high breeding--head held high as if by second nature, shoulders back and body seeming both ready to react and entirely relaxed. She did not flinch or quiver in the presence of the larger male, even if she saw the guards at the end of the hall move from their positions, just slightly, to send brief, discrete glances in their direction.

The males words finally registered after a heartbeat, and Eneida found a well-practiced smile already on her face. Her parents had made her very good at practicing different facial expressions, each one having a purpose when conversing or in meetings.

But the way the pup phrased his words--did he not know who she was? Did he not know that he was talking to the Princess? Perhaps it was better that way. Would he treat her differently, talk to her differently, if he knew?

"Hello," she greeted, voice soft and sweet, high and even in a gentle, flowing manner. Was she waiting for the meeting to end? Really, there was nothing for her to be waiting for. She lived here. "Yes, I am," the male didn't need to know that if he didn't already know. "I would be delighted to wait with you." The smile made her voice shift into a feigned friendly, open tone, a practiced, fake tone.

"What's your name?" She asked, taking a step closer to the larger pup. "Is that your father? The male you walked in with?"

Edited at June 19, 2021 06:01 AM by Polly
Polly x TeneJune 12, 2021 12:49 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

The closer he grew, the more he questioned his decision. This other female similar in age to himself looked pristine, he could see that now. Perhaps she was the daughter of a noble? Maybe the daughter of a knight of high status, like his father? Maybe their parents knew one another? Whatever the reason, Chinook had never seen her before. While she looked oddly familiar, he had no recollection of ever encountering her.

He could feel eyes on him as he neared. Why the guards were now looking at him when they didn't offer a glance prior was beyond him. It wasn't as if he were about to run around and explore. He wasn't even far from the meeting, only a few rooms down. Did they think he was going to steal something? Disrupt the meeting? He was brought up better than that, his form spoke it. Chinook had remembered to walk pridefully, like his father instructed him to do.

"A well-respected individual must walk with pride, but never with too much."

And so he had adapted his own walk. Head high, chest puffed out, and tail untucked. While the walk didn't compliment him well due to his awkwardly long body and legs, it did make him seem a tad bit more presentable.

When he finally stood before her, he was taken aback by her smile. He hadn't had anybody smile that quickly. As a result, Chinook broke out into a wide grin, his teeth practically taking up half of his face in his attempt to smile. "Wow, you have really blue eyes," was suddenly said. "I've never seen any so blue. It looks like a river I've seen down in the forest. Oh! Or the sea! Did you know that I saw a glimpse of it once?" Chinook often bragged about that fact.

Not many friends he knew had seen it, especially since most were commoners. He had a few friends down where he lived. Most were commoners, but he did have a few high-ranked pups that were children of nobles. He stayed away from them though. The commoners had better games and knew more interesting places. The nobles refused to be anywhere near the bottom of the mountain, and spent their time talking rather than anything else. It was a bore.

Any sense of manners he had vanished the second this new acquaintance spoke, agreeing to wait with him. His smile remained toothy, and his tail thrashed behind him. Not a pleasant sight indeed, especially for one as awkward as he. If she were speaking in a fake tone, Chinook didn't notice. He was too consumed over the fact that she broke out into conversation.

"I'm Chinook. My father said it means.." Pausing, he pondered. What did his name mean again? "Er, something to do with wind and winter.. How about yours?" Tilting his head after asking, he took in her other questions before looking behind him at the meeting. "Yep! That was my father, Kol. He's a knight." He wasn't sure if she knew already, so he figured he'd tell her anyways.

"He brought me here today. I've never been to the top before. Gosh, how many rooms even are in here?" He spun around slowly, gazing around. He didn't expect her to know, after all, wasn't she visiting like him? He looked back at her. "Say, did you also feel sick being in this high altitude? When I was walking up here, I peered over the edge once and that was all it took for me to nearly hurl. I still feel like I might," he admitted, not a proper conversation for a Princess at all, but hey, he didn't know. "Do you know what the meeting is about?"

Polly x TeneJune 12, 2021 01:37 PM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

In the time it took the young male to reach her, the grey and white husky opted for studying him. He was larger than her, definitely, and not just in the way that makes were normally larger than females. He looked to share some of the siberian husky breed with her, but undoubtedly had others mixed in, purely judging by his coat and build. There was no way to tell without asking, and overly personal questions when first meeting someone was regarded as impolite.

The males wide grin and kind words had her own small, polite smile widening into something a little more real. How long had it been that she'd spoken to someone for the sake of speaking to them? Meetings, even involving Noble Pups, always had a meaning and a reason for happening. Often, the conversation drifted to marriage, and if she'd considered anyone to take the throne beside her, even as young as she was.

The statements about her eyes had her blinking for a moment, cheerfully going: "My right eye is blue, and my left eye is only half blue!" She moved her head so that her left eye was closer to the light from the entrance of the cave as explanation. "The top half is brown, and the bottom half is blue. My mother said it was... sectoral something?" Her tail shifted just slightly from side to side to express her own happiness, smile softening as she took a step closer to the male to insoect his eyes.

"You have blue eyes too," she said, almost as if he didn't know that fact. "They remind me of the sky, or the ice that sits on the rivers in winter, or little spheres of blue glass." And the words were true. His eyes were not pale, they were a somewhat darkish blue, but they remained extremely bright, reminding her of when sunlight would go into a glass sphere and reflect out.

The male, Chinook, telling her what his name was caught her attention again. "Chinook," she muttered, as if trying the name in her mouth. "Or should I call you My Wind?" Her smile turned cheeky, a soft giggle following her words. "My name is Eneida. My mother says it means 'soul'."

Ah, so it was Kol.

"I've heard a lot about your father," she said, flicking a glance to the meeting room. "He's an extremely respected knight. My father speaks of him sometimes." Kol was someone that could easily get himself a cave higher up in the mountain, but he preferred to be near the bottom, to mingle with the commoners and soldiers. She found them to be quite relaxing, whilst also being fun at the same time. There were no expectations among them, just existing.

"There's a lot of rooms," she agreed, nodding. Truly, she'd never really bothered to count them all. They'd just become a part of the morning routine, a blur of motion that she hardly paid attention to them now.

"I'm quite used to the heights," she murmured, glancing, again, at the meeting room. What they were discussing had to be seeious topics if it called doe Knights, Nobles and Momarchs. What could it be? What could be that serious? That much of a threat.

"No, sorry," is what she settled on, moving her gaze to the entrance of the cave before switching it back to Chinook. "Say, did you know that you can see some of the ancient ruined city from here?" She was already walking past him, towards the entrance of the cave. "The adults won't be upset, I promise. Do you want to come see the view, My Wind?"

Edited at June 19, 2021 06:01 AM by Polly
Polly x TeneJune 12, 2021 08:35 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

Chinook stood, his posture slightly bent as he leaned in, peering at the husky's eyes and studying them carefully. Brown and blue? Pah, he didn't believe that for a moment. Such a thing didn't exist and- "Hey, you're right! I've never seen that before. Your left eye reminds me of land and sky." Gazing at them, he shook his head in disbelief. "I didn't know anybody could have eyes like yours. They're very unique." His words were nearly cut short when she suddenly stepped closer, causing Chinook to stumble back.

Blinking, he studied her own eyes as she watched his. "Sure, I have blue eyes, but they're more bland. Yours are the first thing I noticed about you." Pausing once more, Chinook smiled rather bashfully upon getting a compliment. He hardly got many of those from strangers, so the sudden choice of words nearly made him red if it were possible.

"Blue glass? Gee, I always thought they were boring. My father also has blue eyes, but his are like yours. They're large and pretty to look at. Well, no, not pretty. I mean, yours are pretty, but not pretty to look at. No, they are pretty to look at, but my father's isn't that's just weird.. well, no, they're pretty but.." Stammering slightly, Chinook released a small grunt of annoyance with himself. He often stammered when he messed up, a fault of his that bothered him greatly. Not only that, but he potentially humilated himself in front of a possible friend.

Gulping rather loudly, he cleared his throat, until his ears perked slightly upon receiving a nickname. In fact, his mouth nearly dropped. "I've never had a nickname before," he whispered, quite in awe before breaking out into a grin (another bashful one, that is). Matching her giggle with his own voice-cracked one, his ears perked upon receiving a name. "Eneida," he repeated, eyes lighting up. "If you're giving me a nickname to do with my name meaning, I'm going to call you Soul."

Flicking his tail with excitement, he tilted his head upon the mention of his father. "Yeah, he's pretty well known. Do I know your father? Mine sometimes talks about other knights as well and how honourable they are. I want to be like him when I'm older. He promised to start teaching me a few moves next week. I only know one right now." Crouching down, Chinook demonstrated, using his hind legs to leap into the air and pounce in place, only he landed rather clumsily. "I'm still working on the form," he mumbled, "but I've got the jumping part down!" Clearly proud with the sad excuse for a jump, he offered another smile before his mouth fell open.

"You can see the ancient ruined city from here?" He whispered, leaning in with curiosity. "I've only heard of it from others that have explored it. My father went there once and brought my mother and I back two odd trinkets. Hey, maybe I can bring it next time to show you!" Surely he'd tag along on his father's next meeting. Then again, his father did say that his training would begin soon, but he'd have enough time to hang out, right?

Lost in his own thoughts, he his eyes landed back onto Eneida. "Huh?" Was all he said before remembering her question, followed by his new name. Bowing lightly, he grinned. "After you, Soul."

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us