Exist
o-o
I would ask for the chimmy cause, well, yeah, but I do not have den space 😞
 Ace
07:14:41 ace <3
hey, anyone wanna pvp for my quest?
 Existence
07:13:59 Exist / Kuskyn
Rogue, I've gotten a chimera, black phase, crooked tail, 3 melas and a viti 4 no xD
 Rogue Wildfires
07:12:11 Mac and Cheese
Exist
lol
 Existence
07:11:38 Exist / Kuskyn
I don't want Sv pups apparently I want defect pups..
-WP Click-
X.x
 Rogue Wildfires
07:10:36 Mac and Cheese
Hollow,
Many people suffer from anxiety and know how to deal with it. I do.
 Silent Lucidity
07:10:31 Silent, Lucid
Tarnished Desires wakes up from a nap to see Botched Murder? staring at them.

Affinity: --- Strong Like
Mood: Subdued

Already tormenting the pups I see :)
 Silent Lucidity
07:08:53 Silent, Lucid
Hey chat
 Rogue Wildfires
07:08:42 Mac and Cheese
Inej chases Nina

Stats: Battle +1
Affinity: Strong Like
Mood: Fierce
 Hollow_Howls
06:47:52 Brick, Fish, Hollow
Icemoons
That's a really weird and kinda concerning way to start a conversation. Maybe next time leave that "I'm an expert on anxiety" out of your message?
 icemoons
06:31:45 slushy,ice,moon,
hi guys, Prudy Im an expert on anxiety, take some deep breaths, what time are you going to get the boot off?
 purdy
06:27:04 
I'm scared
 Pigeon
06:25:49 Bird
Hey chat how are y'all
 binders united
06:24:04 binders | school
Ok, gotta go to school! Bye!
 Urux
06:24:00 Urox
Sounds about right lol. I plan to bread my DH and SV boosts together but I doubt I'll get either boost often
 purdy
06:23:58 
I'm getting off my boot today and they might have to rebreak my foot:p
 binders united
06:21:38 binders | school
I bred TWO ExW and ExH and Obedient wolves and they failed to produce me a ExW OR ExH
 binders united
06:19:00 binders | school
It gives you motivation to go and do the quests. before, I just explored and hope I finished a quest
 Urux
06:17:43 Urox
I put myself up in the leaves game so you can see :)

Yeah, I like the update too! So many tokens for the halloween boost in wolf part haha
 binders united
06:16:58 binders | school
they changed quests? I like the new version

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Cougar : -3
Ocelot : 0
Black Bear : -1
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Hurricane  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1

Acerbus x Salem | 1x1May 18, 2024 08:17 PM

Acerbus.

Neutral

Give Award

Cryptid-human cat and mouse 1x1 between Salem and myself. Honorary do not post if you are not one of us. Thank you!

Acerbus x Salem | 1x1May 18, 2024 08:19 PM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award
Name
Axel Akeldama Aesira
Name Meaning
Father of Peace, Field of Blood, Powerful Fighter
Name Pronounciation
AK-suhl, ah-kel-DAH-mah, ay-SEER-ah
Nicknames
Ax, Kelda, Sira
MBTI
ISTJ
Sexuality
Omnisexual, demiromantic
Pronouns
Anything but She/Her
Languages Spoken
Russian, English, French, Old Norse
Native Language
English
Appearance
Axel cuts an imposing figure, standing at a towering height of 6'5 with a muscular yet lean physique that commands attention. Despite his formidable stature, he possesses the unique ability to shrink at will, concealing his true height to appear as a more inconspicuous 6'0 to humans. His fluffy blonde hair, styled in a middle part flow, cascades down to nearly shoulder length, framing his chiseled features.
Draped in a slim-fitting black long-sleeved shirt and form-fitting pants, Axel exudes an air of sleekness and efficiency. His attire is completed by knee-high black combat boots that add to his imposing presence. Always one to maintain an air of mystery, he often shrouds himself in a cloak of midnight black, the absence of a hood adding to his enigmatic allure.
His eyes, normally pitch black and devoid of pupils, undergo a subtle transformation in the presence of others, adopting a dark and subdued blue hue with distinctly human pupils. Despite his efforts to blend in, his elongated limbs and pointed ears betray his otherworldly nature.
Concealed beneath his cloak are his most striking features: soft grey dragon wings that can be unfurled at a moment's notice, and short white horns that curve gracefully atop his head, reminiscent of cow horns in appearance. These, along with his arrow-tipped tail, are concealed from human sight by his mystical abilities.
Ever prepared for any eventuality, Axel carries a crusader sword at his left side, a symbol of his readiness to defend against any threat. Strapped securely to his back is a thick, square two-handed sword, a testament to his strength and prowess in combat.
Personality
Disciplined. Axel's ISTJ nature makes him highly disciplined, adhering strictly to his routines and schedules, ensuring he achieves his goals flawlessly. However, this discipline can sometimes manifest as inflexibility and a lack of willingness to consider alternative perspectives.
Responsible. With a strong sense of duty, Axel takes his responsibilities seriously, ensuring that he fulfills his obligations meticulously. However, this sense of responsibility can sometimes morph into a belief that he alone is capable of handling important tasks, leading to micromanagement and reluctance to delegate.
Detailed Oriented. Axel's ISTJ mindset means he pays meticulous attention to detail, leaving no aspect overlooked in his endeavors. However, this focus on minutiae can sometimes lead to perfectionism, causing him to become overly critical of himself and others.
Traditional. Axel values tradition and stability, preferring to adhere to established norms and practices. While this can provide him with a sense of security, it also fosters a rigid mindset that struggles to adapt to change or innovation.
Reserved. As an ISTJ, Axel tends to keep his emotions and thoughts to himself, maintaining a stoic and composed exterior. However, this reserved demeanor can sometimes be mistaken for aloofness or arrogance, creating distance in his relationships.
Self Centered. Axel's narcissistic tendencies manifest in his self-centered outlook, prioritizing his own needs and desires above those of others. While this self-assuredness can propel him to success, it can also alienate him from those who perceive him as egotistical or uncaring.
Entitled. Axel believes he deserves special treatment or privileges due to his perceived superiority or achievements, a trait often associated with narcissism. This sense of entitlement can lead to resentment from others who perceive him as arrogant or demanding.
Love Language
Axel's love language revolves around both quality time and acts of service, reflecting his desire for meaningful connection and practical demonstrations of care and support.
For Axel, quality time is essential in fostering intimacy and building strong bonds with loved ones. He values moments spent together, whether engaging in deep conversations or simply enjoying each other's company. These shared experiences create a sense of closeness and affirmation of his relationships, fulfilling his need for emotional connection and understanding.
Additionally, acts of service are a tangible expression of Axel's love and devotion. He demonstrates his affection by actively assisting and supporting his loved ones in practical ways, such as helping with tasks or providing assistance when needed. Through these acts, Axel communicates his commitment and reliability, showing that he is willing to invest his time and effort to enhance the well-being and happiness of those he cares about.
By prioritizing both quality time and acts of service in his relationships, Axel creates a strong foundation of mutual respect, trust, and appreciation. He feels most fulfilled when he can share meaningful experiences with his loved ones while also demonstrating his love through tangible actions that make their lives easier and more enjoyable
Abilities
Shapeshifting. Axel possesses the ability to shapeshift, allowing him to alter his appearance to blend in seamlessly with humans. This transformation is limited to adjustments that enable him to pass as a human, such as changing his facial features, height, or physical build.
Illusions. Axel can create illusions within reasonable limits, using his innate magical abilities to manipulate light and sound to deceive others. These illusions are typically used for purposes of misdirection or camouflage, allowing him to conceal his true intentions or to create distractions when needed.
Glamour. Axel is skilled in the art of casting glamours, enchantments that enhance his appearance or conceal his true nature from unsuspecting observers. These magical illusions can make him appear more attractive, charismatic, or alluring, enabling him to manipulate others and gain their trust more easily.
Fear Manipulation. Axel possesses the ability to manipulate fear in others, tapping into their deepest anxieties and phobias to instill terror or paranoia. This power allows him to sow discord and confusion among his enemies, weakening their resolve and making them easier to overcome.
Teleportation. Axel can teleport himself over short distances, instantly moving from one location to another with a mere thought. This ability grants him unparalleled agility and speed, allowing him to evade capture or ambush his foes with swift and unexpected strikes.
Dreamwalking. Axel has the power to enter and manipulate the dreams of others, delving into their subconscious minds to influence their thoughts, emotions, and memories. This ability enables him to gather information, extract secrets, or even torment his adversaries in their most vulnerable state.
Healing. Axel has limited healing abilities, allowing him to accelerate the natural healing process and mend his own injuries at an accelerated rate. While he cannot heal others, this power grants him increased resilience and endurance, enabling him to endure greater punishment and recover more quickly from wounds.
Flight. Axel possesses the ability to fly, either through the use of wings or through levitation, allowing him to travel swiftly and gracefully through the air. This aerial mobility grants him a significant advantage in combat and reconnaissance, as well as providing him with a means of escape when necessary.
Strengths
Photographic Memory. He has a photographic memory, enabling him to recall detailed information with extraordinary accuracy, making him an invaluable asset for gathering and retaining knowledge.
Natural Linguist. Axel has a talent for languages, effortlessly picking up new dialects and accents with ease, facilitating communication and diplomacy in diverse social settings.
Empathetic Insight. While not typically associated with changelings, Axel possesses a keen empathetic insight, allowing him to understand and empathize with the emotions and experiences of others on a profound level.
Intuition. Axel possesses a strong intuition, often relying on gut feelings and instincts to guide his decisions, enabling him to navigate complex situations with confidence and clarity.
Determination. Axel possesses an unwavering determination and tenacity, refusing to back down in the face of obstacles or setbacks, and relentlessly pursuing his goals with single-minded focus and drive.
Weaknesses
Crowd Tolerance. Axel has a severe aversion to crowded spaces, experiencing overwhelming anxiety and discomfort in densely populated areas, making him vulnerable to sensory overload and panic attacks.
Prone to Burnout. Due to his perfectionistic tendencies, Axel is prone to burnout and exhaustion, pushing himself beyond his limits in pursuit of perfection and validation, leading to physical and mental exhaustion and making him vulnerable to exploitation or collapse.
Addictive Personality. Axel has an addictive personality and a compulsive need for adrenaline and excitement, often seeking out risky or dangerous situations to satisfy his cravings for stimulation, making him vulnerable to reckless behavior and exploitation by others.
Impulsive. Axel's impulsive nature often leads him to act without considering the consequences, making rash decisions that endanger himself and others, leaving him vulnerable to manipulation and exploitation by those who prey on his impulsiveness.
Sensitivity to Cold. Axel has a heightened sensitivity to cold temperatures, experiencing discomfort and physical weakness in chilly environments, making him vulnerable to hypothermia and frostbite in extreme weather conditions.
Possible Offerings
Protection Offerings; Amethyst, Selenite, Citrine. These crystals are associated with protection, purification, and spiritual energy. Offering them to Axel could symbolize a desire for his guidance and safeguarding against malevolent forces.
Salmon, Bell Peppers, Marigold, Rue, White Holly. These items have historical or cultural significance in protective rituals and traditions. They could be offered to Axel as symbolic tokens of warding off harm and ensuring safety within his domain.
Offerings to Enter his Territory; Basil, Mint, Jasmine. These herbs are often associated with hospitality, peace, and welcome. Offering them to Axel could signify a respectful request for permission to enter his territory and a willingness to abide by his rules and customs.
White or Black Roses, Sodalite. White roses symbolize purity and sincerity, while black roses represent reverence and respect. Sodalite is a stone of communication and harmony. Offering these items could convey a sincere desire to establish a peaceful and respectful relationship with Axel.
General Offerings; Cheese, Fruit, Honey. These food items are often associated with abundance, sweetness, and hospitality. Offering them to Axel could symbolize a gesture of friendship and goodwill, demonstrating a desire to foster positive relations and mutual respect.
Gladioli, Howlite, Onyx, Smoky Quartz. These items have various symbolic meanings, including strength, protection, and grounding. Offering them to Axel could represent a gesture of admiration and reverence, acknowledging his power and wisdom. Additionally, blood could symbolize a deep personal sacrifice or commitment, demonstrating loyalty and dedication to Axel's cause.
Affiliations
TBA
Other
Axel's voice resonates with a deep, velvety timbre that captivates those who hear it, like the rich tones of a cello in a symphony. Each word flows effortlessly from his lips, smooth and fluid, like satin sliding over silk, drawing listeners under its enchanting spell. Like honey dripping from a golden comb, his voice carries a subtle sweetness, wrapping around the ears like a warm embrace, comforting and soothing even in the darkest of times. Whether speaking softly or with commanding authority, Axel's voice exudes an irresistible allure, weaving a seductive melody that lingers in the mind long after the words have faded into silence.
He goes by Zylix with other cryptids.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Edited at May 18, 2024 08:31 PM by Salem
Acerbus x Salem | 1x1May 18, 2024 08:28 PM

Acerbus.

Neutral

Give Award
Full name:
Eleanor Marie Davis
Nicknames:
Ellie, El
Sexuality:
Bisexual, demiromantic
MBTI:
INTP
Pronouns:
She, her, hers
Eye color:
Dark green, accented with lighter green throughout and a near black ring outside.
Hair color + texture:
Light brown hair with minimal highlights, slightly curly; can become unruly in high humidity
Height:
5'6
Languages Spoken:
English, Spanish
Native Language:
English
Appearance:
Standing at an average 5'6, with an athletic build often covered by a rain jacket, Eleanor tries to make herself as inconspicuous as possible. Light brown hair reaches just below her breastbone, and is upkept with faint blonde highlights to achieve a modern amount of dimension. With a slight wave, her hair can quickly become unruly in humid areas, and is often kept back in a ponytail or bun as a precaution. Green, almond-shaped eyes are constantly observing the surrounding area, never hovering over one thing for too long. Varying shades of sage and forest green seem to appear with different lighting, causing her eyes to seemingly fluctuate in color constantly.
Tan skin is often covered by a fitted long-sleeve shirt, often black or green to match the environment. Tan, baggy cargo pants sink into black army boots, creating a beautifully cut upper body figure and an hourglass appearance at the waist. Delicate hands are adorned with various scars and bruises from Elenaor's traipses through dense undergrowth, and a black tattoo of a deer skull can be found under her watch on her left wrist.
A backpack typically hugs Eleanor's shoulders, full of surivival equipment that may prove useful in the field. A black holster snugly grips her right thigh, holding her handheld dart gun and a balanced knife within grabbing distance.
Personality Traits:
Eleanor has always been a bit timid - not in her actions or words, but in her decision making and confidence. She may debate for weeks on whether she should go to a location, stuck on the potential consequences. In situations like this, she will often follow her gut feeling - most likely saying to stay away.
She has never had a dominant personality, instead choosing to agree and follow what others say - unless it comes to cryptids. With a vast array of knowledge on the subject, and various hands-on experiences in the field, Eleanor knows how to handle the otherworldly creatures. She is well versed in offerings, greetings and dismissals, and how to avoid dying at all costs. She can be a bit stubborn when arguing about how to handle certain creatures, but only because she truly believes she knows how to handle them - it is both a blessing and a curse.
She doesn't speak much unless conversation in required, choosing instead to observe her surroundings and the people she is with. Eleanor has developed a gift for reading people over the years, and uses it to her advantaage whenever she can. She would rather understand the people around her, because they can often be more unpredictable than the creatures she hunts.
While her job is to hunt and remove cryptids, she has an unending respect for the beings that haunt the land; never has a human struck her in the way a skinwalker has, never has she felt a connection like she did when she found her first mimic. Eleanor knows that these creatures are far beyond intelligent, and she knows that without respect, she would be dead.
Love Language:
Eleanor's love language is words of affirmation. The necessity of reassurance had kept her from forming stable connections with many people in her life, as the constant need for validation tends to drive others away. With this comes a strong reaction to negative remarks; she will internalize the response and spiral if given the opportunity, removing herself from the situation and distancing herself from the commenter.
With this comes a strong desire to make positive comments to others; Eleanor won't hesitate to inform someone that she is proud of them for the most mundane task, or throw a compliment at anybody she passes. Though she can be bashful about it, she adores compliments directed to her, and will take them with pride internally.
Strengths:
Tracking: From a young age, Eleanor was taught the various signs of creatures native to her home and the surrouding forests; whether it be a raccoon or an unknown entity, knowledge of how to best face it was crucial. Through this, she also learned to track by following the signs - while easy in theory, some creatures lack a distinctive trail, and can be difficult to spot in the wild.
Observing [both cryptids and humans]: Silence is a virtue best learned young. Always quieter in crowds and in solitude, observation came naturally to Eleanor. Behavior can often be tracked throughout a species, and various actions and cues tend to lead to similar results. Understanding these behaviors may determine life or death in a climactic situation.
Close combat with a knife: Self taught through hunting for various creatures, close combat is best fought with a weapon suited to the holder; in Eleanor's case, a small, well-balanced dagger is ideal over a gun or bow.
Comparing pros and cons of various locations: Always timid, Eleanor tends to scope an area prior to arrival, and can determine whether it's worth risking her safety. This may lead to some missed adventures, but life is much preferred over death.
Map reading: Hand in hand with comparison, knowing the terrain may determine whether escape - or pursuit - is plausible in a given area, and can therefore determine the likely outcome of a hunt. Knowing to read both directions and topography allows Eleanor to make the right call.
Back country survival: With any outing in the wilderness, becoming stranded is always a possibility. Knowing the ins and outs of back country survival - such as edible and poisonous plants, which animals provide the most meat, and what to do [or not to do] when faced with an otherworldly creature - has proved helpful throughout the years.
Weaknesses: WIP
Hard-headedness: When her mind is made up, there is no deterring her from her plan, opinion, or belief. Even when given hard proof, Eleanor will refuse to acquiesce another's stance, simply believing she will be proven right in time. This creates problems both with connecting to people and preventing arguments.
Speed and stamina: Though average height and build, Eleanor has never been able to run, and certainly struggles with extreme distance. She is capable of hiking various terrain for a few miles, but anything more causes too much strain an exertion for her to then be able to protect or defend herself.
Upper body strength: Again lacking in physical hardiness, strength has never been Eleanor's defense. She is able to wield various weapons, but can tire quickly with too much weight.
Lacks socialization skills: Eleanor has never been good at making friends; she lacks the skill to create meaningful connections that are long-term, and instead creates fleeting relationships with little meaning. Due to this, she does better alone, and tends to spend most of her solitary time watching various species native to her current location.
Anxiety, inability to make decisions: Although determined once she sets her mind to something, the process of reaching the decision can be long and tedious, as Eleanor's anxiety often prevents her from making a straightforward decision.

Edited at May 19, 2024 01:22 PM by Acerbus.
Acerbus x Salem | 1x1May 19, 2024 01:04 PM

Acerbus.

Neutral

Give Award

Eleanor grumbled to herself as she swatted another fly from her face, glaring at the foliage in front of her. The mountains were her least favorite area to hunt for cryptids, in part due to the difficult terrain, but mostly due to the bugs that seemed to cling to her skin in the humid air. She wasn't high enough for the moisture to evaporate, and her slick skin was a magnet for mosquitoes and flies.

It didn't help that something smelled like death herself had reincarnated five feet away.

The nearby townsfolk had mentioned multiple livestock disappearances when she sat in the local tavern, and a few signs were too interesting for her to ignore. At first, she had thought it to be a skinwalker, given the area - old mountains, not-quite-right creatures slinking through the night - but she quickly changed her mind at the mention of dead, blackened plants at the attack sites. Without her books or internet access, she couldn't be too sure what was going on.

She had debated for her first two nights whether or not she would pursue the creature. Without proper knowledge, she could find herself with something beyond her expertise - after all, she only did this for fun. But the townsfolk were scared, and she was here right now. She had been itching for adventure anyways, and had nearly made her decision when the dawn of her third morning exposed another attack, more gruesome than the last. Three cattle missing, one eviscerated and left in a circle of black ferns; it was a warning, clear as day, and damn her determination, but she ignored it.

With a heaving breath, she pushed a rather large branch out of her path, noticing the previously sparse dead undergrowth had now become too numerous to count, and that wretched smell of decay only seemed to grow stronger, stinging her nostrils. Clamping a clothed hand over her mouth, she attempted to staunch the smell. Though it may not be harmful, it was giving her a headache.

She began to take in her surroundings as she came to a stop, wanting to process as much information as she could. Her watch, a snug presence against her wrist, indicated she stood apprixmately five-thousand feet above sea level. Not enough to narrow her list definitively, but it did eliminate a few creatures - elevation seemed to affect some otherworldly beings as much as it did her. Pine trees stood tall around her, and as she approached the closests, she noted the bark was healthy and the tree appeared normal, aside from a small blackened area along the root nearest the decayed plants.

The pattern of decay had no rhyme or reason, seeming to be random in its design but increasing everywhere except behind her. Without an aerial view, she would only be able to guess the extent of the damage, and she prayed this section of forest would be salvageable once the creature was found - if she could kill it.

Looking to her left, Eleanor noticed a rather large pile of boulders piled against one another, and as she made her way towards the rocky plateau, she noted the cliffside behind the boulders. Unsure of the stability of the edge, she deigned to leave its height a mystery, and examined the boulders once again. There was minimal plant growth around them, but the rocky ground was more than likely responsible for that. Quite a few boulders had crevices large enough for her to fit through, and as she peered into one, a cold gust of wind reassured her that she was headed in the right direction.

With a sigh, she began to unstrap her backpack - it was too heavy for her to carry through the boulders, especially if they went as deep as she believed they would. Rummaging through her pack, she grabbed the necessities - a flashlight with two spare sets of batteries, her GPS, a bottle of water that clipped to her belt loop, and a snack bar in case she was lost. Her thigh holster held a small dart gun and her beloved knife, and her phone was in her back pocket - not that it would be useful halfway up a mountain, but its presence was well met. As she finished stowing her gear, Eleanor felt a chill seep through her skin, reaching for her bones. Eyes widening slightly, she felt her breath hitch as her hands stilled and her back went rigid.

The birds had stopped singing.

Acerbus x Salem | 1x1May 19, 2024 04:43 PM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award

Axel had been a wanderer, not for long but ever since his forest had lost interests to the humans. His main source of fun was hunting the humans that brought offerings, and failed to complete the rituals needed or didn't bring a certain something. Although those people never got found, the cryptids that lurked in the forest with him sure gave him hell for leaving them on their territory. Oh well.

Of course there were a few people that always ended up lost in the forest, or were just plain idiots and stumbled their way into his territory. The activity levels overall were down to a new critical low, and he didn't take much time to debate his choice of leaving before he inevitably left. The locals also slowed down traffic, warning everyone t stay away from the forest.

Time went by and Axel travelled through many different towns. He walked openly among the townspeople and nobody seemed to notice, nobody bothered him and only small children gave him weird looks. Of course they would, they always seemed to know that he wasn't human, something other.

He had learned of another town that seemed to be having a rise in activity that was scaring many people, and so he made his way there. He had found a nice little inn that welcomed him and he took it as his temporary home. He slept all day, since the travel had been tiring and he was only active during the night if he had his own choice in the matter.

The inn was nice, fashioned to look from another time period. That or very run down, but he wouldn't accept that option because service was good and everything was kept clean and tidy. On his way out for that night, he noticed the sound of wind. Not just any wind but the sound of someone, or thing, running. It was fast enough to rival Axel himself but he wasn't concerned. This was likely the sound of the cryptid who roamed these grounds, the other cryptids territory and he would avoid it in order to stay here.

Aesira went the other direction from where the footsteps were going, the direction that lead up a mountain. Not ideal for a first trip but.. oh well. Maybe he'd find something interesting along the way even if it was just a giant pile of rocks with a few leaves on it.

As he was wandering the mountain, taking in the scenery while the night still ruled Axel found the black markings on the ground once again. They seemed to be everywhere, perhaps more than one of the same type of cryptid? It wasn't uncommon, in his forest there had been more than one type of Changeling, the cryptid he was.

"Interesting." Axel breatheed, deciding to track these black markings. Would this lead him to the cryptid, or cryptids? He could only hope they didn't attack him while he was there. He had no real goal here, rather exploring the area to find vantage points and if today was lucky he might be able to find a target or some new prey.

Just as he finished that thought, his eyes landed on a human. She had tan skin and was very small compared to him. Maybe 5'6? He wasn't hiding himself at this time so he stood at a comfortable 6'5. This human carried what seemed to be a couple weapons and less meaningful items such as water, a backpack and a GPS.

As the bird silenced, he took that moment to disguise himself to look more human. He shrunk down to 6'0 and his eyes changed to be a nice, deep dark blue. He couldn't hide his limbs and pointed ears but he could only hope she didn't look too closely. If she screams and ran, he'd have to chase her, which wouldn't be much fun. It'd draw in the other cryptid. Now, he'd just have to wait for her to either turn around or pretend like there wasn't anything here and leave quietly.

'Damnit. I left my swords back at the inn..'

Acerbus x Salem | 1x1May 19, 2024 05:11 PM

Acerbus.

Neutral

Give Award
Something was in the woods with her.

Heart thrumming rapidly against her ribs, Eleanor slowly stood to her full height - not much of a threat, but perhaps the creature would understand she had sensed it and flee.

As the seconds ticked by, she realized she would have no such luck.

Taking two deep breaths to calm herself, she began to slowly scan her environment. First the crevice - peering into it, her eyes strained to pick up anything in the quickly fading light of the sun, now below the horizon. "Shit," she whispered, skin prickling along the back of her neck. "Think, think, think."

Not many creatures caused her to fear them from a distance - most of the base cryptids simply existed, and felt the same as a coyote or raccoon. That is to say, potentially harmful but not always. This, though, was a leering, ominous presence that seemed to breathe ice down her throat.

Turning to her left, she faced the direction she had yet to explore. The ground was blackened, shadowed more by the canopy blocking the little rays of light left, but nothing was out of place. She could only pray she found the creature before darkness fell entirely.

Her next turn brought her to face the gentle slope downwards. She could run, try to escape the creature. It had only been about three miles from town, she might stand a chance of outlasting it. If only she was able to keep a consistent pace over such a distance.

'I should have listened to my mother about taking running more seriously.'

Eyes down, she turned in the final direction, following the path back to the trail. Slowly, she lifted her eyes to the being, careful to avoid its face at first - some creatures were capable of instilling fear so great you would be paralyzed if you looked into their eyes, and she had no desire to die tonight.

She frowned as her eyes caught on... shoes. No, army boots, the kind that laced to your knees. The kind that never fit her right, no matter how hard she tried. His clothing, however, were shrouded by a cloak, fluttering softly in the wind. Brows furrowing, she continued her journey up until she took in his face.

She tried not to gasp, soaking in the intimidating beauty of the creature before her. Blonde hair fell just above his shoulders, swept in a way that made him look rough, rugged. His eyes looked nearly black, so at odds with his hair, yet fitting so well. His build was fierce, and even without being able to see, Eleanor knew his figure would be nothing but taut, corded muscle. A weapon, honed to perfection.

Slowly, her hand clasped around her knife, and she found comfort in the weapon. Using it to ground her, she drew a steady breath. Many creatures were removed from her list of what this thing might be, and she felt confident enough to hold his stare.

He almost passed as human. Under the cloak, his figure was imposing, but not overtly other. His face was angelic, but didn't appear too perfect to seem uncanny. She couldn't see his limbs to tell if they were other yet. The only indication he was not quite right, aside from her gut screaming at her to run run run away was his ears, pointed tips sticking out just past his hair. Her list narrowed further still, which didn't help her much. His eyes held an intelligence not common among other beings, and Eleanor couldn't help but feel as though she had just entered a terrrible game.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us