Wolf Play : Popee the Performer x Sir Froggington
Chatbox
 Hallow's Eve
03:13:18 Hallow, Eve
Apothecary

Ohh that one is pretty! I am seriously reconsidering making my first custom over again. in my memorial garden, it's Krampus
 Apothecary
03:08:50 Medicinally Autistic
If you look in boos memorial den at rusty skies, I'm gonna snatched that design for the new boost
 Crypto Currency
03:08:42 Ash (he/they)
-WP Click-
sooo IB
 Continental Wolves
03:08:05 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
-WP Click-
I just realized she's given me 3 axanthics
 STS
03:07:22 TS, Speckles
Hello
 Hallow's Eve
03:06:48 Hallow, Eve
I think this will be my next stud design. Though I am considering doing more of a white stud than a dark stud, since Wraith is pretty dark
-WP Click-
 Crypto Currency
03:06:39 Ash (he/they)
tin can, keep. 52AC
 Crypto Currency
03:06:20 Ash (he/they)
-WP Click-
paws?
 Continental Wolves
03:06:05 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
-WP Click-
Hmm keep or no?
 Crypto Currency
03:04:02 Ash (he/they)
eevee, i know. at some point i wanted buffy talents, but...
 Hallow's Eve
03:03:13 Hallow, Eve
List

Oh he's pretty too!
 Continental Wolves
03:03:04 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Tay
>.>
Im broke after mass breeding wolves
 Listless
03:02:51 List
leaf
she looks pretty!
 Hallow's Eve
03:02:42 Hallow, Eve
Crypto

I totally understand, I am considering slowly adding talents to him, theyre just so expensive.
 Tiny Village
03:02:37 Tiny
Ello
 Listless
03:02:32 List
this is my favorite boy <3
-WP Click-
 Leafpool
03:01:56 Leaf she/her
Crypto this is her
-WP Click-
 Crypto Currency
03:01:46 Ash (he/they)
Eevee, i know, but thats about all haha
if he were a lower gen...
 Hallow's Eve
03:01:01 Hallow, Eve
Crypto

Those talents! I'm jealous lol

List

Thank you!! I'm so super excited about him!
 Apothecary
03:00:50 Medicinally Autistic
Mushroom Hole: 116564 Mushrooms

Where I have to stop till after work

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Red Fox : +4
Vicuna Wolf : -3
Bobcat : -4
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Light Rain  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1

Popee the Performer x Sir FroggingtonOctober 9, 2021 12:43 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Only for those listed in the Title

Medieval roleplay

Thief x Princess

Character list

Popee the Performer x Sir FroggingtonOctober 9, 2021 04:45 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Name

Lucretia Olivia Gwyneth Vivienne Montarac

Female

21 (can't be too old to be an old maid, I'm assuming. Also she's going to be kinda immature so I don't want a mature woman)

Appearance

She is rather short and stands around 5' 3." Her slightly stocky build causes her to appear even shorter. She is slightly overweight and weighs around 130 pounds. Her body type isn't very curvy. However, she is slightly wider at the waist than at the bust. She has fair skin with minimal natural blemishes from sun damage. Although she doesn't naturally take the best care of her skin, those in charge of her moniter her outdoor hours, so there is less chance of premature wrinkles forming, other blemishes, or of her becoming unfashionably tan.

On her hands, knees, and arms, she has a few smaller less visible scars from being disobedient and trying new things. The area on her knees is darker because she has a scar from falling on her knees repeatedly as a child. She has a few raised welt scars that are barely raised from scratching herself or getting cut on something on her legs. She has a diamond face and her cheekbones are defined. She has dark glossy raven locks which go to about armpit length. Her hair has slight body, but it is mostly straight. Her hair is layered to frame her face. Her hair is short enough to be manageable, but long enough to do hairstyles with if she so chooses.

Often she has her hair in an updo, because many people think that looks more dignified and it keeps it out of her face, when she is being active. Her eyes are slightly deepset, and they are a dark brown color. Her nose is small, but it itsn't smooth and flat. Her bridge is pronounced. She has medium lips. Her eyebrows are a dark color, and they are on the bushy wide side. Her eye lashes are short but decently thick. Her cheeks are defined giving her face a diamond headshape.

She likes the look and feel of flowy clothing, but she finds that it is better for her to wear dark colors and material that is hard to tear. While her clothing may have embroidery, because she tends to be rough on her clothing, she doesn't wear any fringes or extra decoration that is sewn on like lace. She likes a lot of colors, and having colorful embroidery sometimes helps to disguise when she has messed something up. She has a pair of boots that are hidden away for riding. Otherwise, she normally wears slippers. She likes accessories on fancy occassions, but they get in her way otherwise.

Personality

She likes to have fun and a good laugh. Chasing dangerous activities gives her a thrill. She doesn't like to sit around and do nothing. She likes to get attention through making others laugh. It is hard to get her riled and angry. She finds her boundaries boring, and pushes them not caring of the results. Since she likes to get a reaction out of other people, she will do her best to conceal the fact that she is angry when it does happen. She generally has a positive energetic vibe. One of the ways she often deals with being insulted is by sulking. She'll dwell on what had happened, but she won't say anything, because she knows the chances of being reprimanded are high.

She often doesn't think her actions through, knowing that if she stops and reconsiders, she might not actually do it. She likes to do things to needle people or get a reaction out of them. It gives her extra satisfaction to watch her plans perfectly executed. She is quick to come up with a come back, and it is often cutting. While her honesty and bluntness make her appear to be transparent, she is often planning something and sneaking behind people in authority's back. It amuses her when she outsmarts those who are supposed to be watching out for her.

Sometimes she blurts out things that are insulting without thinking, because she likes to tell people what is on her mind. However, she doesn't normally do that when she is mad. While those who know her can call her out on some of her lies, especially the blatant ones, just because she tends to be straightforward doesn't mean that she can't tell one convincingly. She doesn't let people get close to her quickly, because she is used to them not really being friends and only being nice to not get in trouble or to get something out of her.

She likes to execute sneaky plans and if she gets caught finds it amusing when people blow up and lecture her, because she thinks it silly. However, the punishments are often tedious. She isn't told the reasoning behind all of the rules that are enforced for her, and she is oblivious of things happening outside of her palace/castle/home. She is willing to get along with most people, but she can be high handed, making it hard for others to willingly tolerate her.

Family

Vivienne Montarac - Mother

Henry Montarac

Edited at October 11, 2021 10:58 PM by Sir Froggington
Popee the Performer x Sir FroggingtonOctober 9, 2021 09:59 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

❀ Cybele Pastrana ❀

"The books… The stories… I don't understand…"

[ pronunciation ]

Cy-belle Pest-ra-na

[ Cybele = Mistress of Wild Nature ]

[ Pastrana = Rustic ]

[ nicknames ]

Cyb, Syllable, Belle

[ age ]

[ pronouns ]

She/Her

[ personality ]

Intelligent - Empathetic - Untrusting

Cybele has always been the outcast. Growing up with extremely little socialization, she comes off as gauche around others and it's extremely hard for her to make conversation, though she tries very hard to implement herself in dialogue when it's needed. She typically finds herself copying the mannerisms of others as a visceral survival contact, something she developed living around her mother, and finds that it actually helps pretty well. She also has the tendency to be untrustworthy of others, but will immediately attach herself to someone if they do so much as give her a compliment. Even then, she'll find herself smitten by their words though subconsciously still be afraid of their presence. No matter how much she'll want to trust someone, there is always a thin barrier blocking her from that goal.

Because of her timidness, she finds it incredibly hard to have trust in anything. Even simple things like the weather predictions or the someone proclaiming they locked a door, her first thought is that they are either lying or are trying to protect a secret underneath. Even with people she utterly trusts, whatever they say is completely unreliable to her unless it's something as powerful as a promise. A promise is something that isn't broken without consequence on that person's end, but if it is, Cybele is the type to seek quiet revenge but never face confrontation. She is also incredibly sweet, and has a nuturing personality. Though she may not trust someone, she will still go out of her way to help them because she believes that they still deserve good things happening to them.

She can come off as creepy if she doesn't play her cards right. She would rather stand in the doorway and watch as a group of people played a card game rather than joining in. Not because of social anxiety or her immense shyness, it's her lack of knowledge on how to talk to others. Cybele can come off as incredibly blunt (when she does speak) and always take a long time to respond to someone. Before she responds, she thinks about what she's going to say over and over again to the point where it's repetitive in her mind. But even then, her words are just about choked and slip ungracefully off of her tongue. Cybele would like to have friends and a social life, but she's just been so affected by her childhood to the point where it's almost impossible. She is also extremely intelligent, which is hidden by her demure and innocent traits. She is very good at "piecing the parts together," and immediately calculates the problem when she's faced with it. She may not look it or act it, but she is the most deliberate person you will ever meet.

Believe it or not, Cybele is quite the manipulator. She can actively see "shortcuts" to getting what she wants, but her morals are bigger than herself and she would never abuse such things for pleasure. To her, it's quite haunting, seeing all these options to hurt and manipulate those around her nonstop, but that is just a byproduct of trauma and extreme intelligence. She is deeply calloused from the things she has seen, and puts on a "motherly" front when she thinks someone may hurt themselves emotionally. She has literally vowed to herself to never let anyone else become calloused internally. Every single person around her is like a ball of innocence in her eyes--A ball of innocence she was put on this Earth to unconditionally protect. This makes romantic relations for her incredibly painful because she is never not scared about hurting her lover.

Even if Cybele seems persistently upbeat, she is very much suffering internally. When things become too much, she may have a period of depression where she withdraws from the world from somewhere around three days to whole months. She typically refuses any type of help, whether it be people helping her with chores or actually talking to a therapist, because she "does not want to burden them." Her intoxicating optimism that the future will be better is the only thing that has kept her alive. She will give an arm and a leg to see another flourish, because she believes that others have a much better chance at a happy life than her.

[ appearance ]

Cybele's face is a rounded shape with a button nose and strikingly green eyes with faded, brown freckles in the iris. Her cheeks are naturally puffed out with a soft jaw, her appearance easily mistaken for a youthful teen. Her face is quite innocent, with wide, curious eyes that are never not gleam less. Her smile is sweet and demure, with crow's feet at the corner of her eyes and wrinkles forming on her nose. Her cheeks and nose bridge are dappled with extremely light, almost invisible, freckles which are an orangey color. Her hair and bangs are made up of wild curls that are utterly un-brush-able, but reaches down to her mid-back section after years of not having a haircut. The color is a honey-marigold hue, since her parents are a blonde and redhead. Most days, she puts it up in a ponytail or braid.

Cybele stands at about 5'5 or 5'4, though her exact height is unknown. She has an elegantly thin figure though she also has weak, bent posture when sitting. Her physique is proper but frail, though she tries to eat her best and keep down the malnourishment. Her skin is a porcelain white with little to no blemishes, though she does have a semi-large permanent bruise on her ribs that's a deep shade of purple and completely conflicts with her faultless demeanor. She does not tan nor sunburn, and it shows in her pale palms.

Cybele's daily outfit mainly consists of something delicate, like a lace nightgown, or on other days, a thin, white cloth dress. She's made the majority of her clothing and because of her natural love for the delicate figures of snowflakes and dollies, she incorporates a lot of lace into the clothing items she makes. Chantilly lace is the most occurring pattern. She favors brighter colors likes whites, baby blues and pinks, but also loves dark grays and cyans. Most times, her dress is either a baby pink or ivory color. A pair of shoes she tends to wear often are some hand-me-down white slippers that are a size too small, but ones that she still manages to squeeze on.

[ hobbies ]

Cybele enjoys sewing and making clothing. She has made the majority of her clothes, and they are hand-stitched almost perfectly.

[ likes ]

Cybele likes cherries, they're her favorite fruit and she could eat them for hours on end. Cherries are literally the way to her heart. She also likes calm and sweet people, because they seem like the only people she can trust. This does have a downside to it though, because someone could simply be conning her with a "sweet" personality and she would never notice it. And, of course, her favorite thing of all time is nature.

[ dislikes ]

Cybele strongly dislikes loud people, as she has a strong fear of loud noises. She also doesn't like unpredictable, she is already very anxious and has the constant need to know what's going to happen next. Lastly, her biggest dislike of all is being forced to make a choice. She will shut off her brain and go with whatever her gut tells her, which can end in her getting hurt when she puts too much trust into one side.

[ strengths ]

- As seen in "personality," Cybele is extremely intelligent, and is far more clever than most people. Her naïve mannerisms shroud her true intellect. She is not smart in school sense, but more life sense. She could care less about fractions and multiplication, but she can divise a fool-proof plan to rob the White House if she wanted.

- Cybele is an empath. She can understand what you're feeling just by the way you look that day. She has a knack for picking up on microexpressions and it's as easy as breathing to her. She goes out of her way to check up on others and has a very "calming" presence that can easily put someone into a better mood.

- She is awfully bold with her opinions. Whatever she's thinking, she'll say. Especially if something doesn't feel right and she believes there's a better way to do things, Cybele will offer alternative, though will refuse to take the lead. She doesn't talk about her opinions often and lets other people talk over her, though.

[ weaknesses ]

- Despite being incredibly smart, she is quite easily to manipulate. She has the tendency to get attatched to a singular person and follow them like a lost puppy if she truly believes that their intent is good. She will refuse to believe anything "off" about said person and continues to see them under the spotlight.

- Cybele is overtly giving. She will sometimes give too much of her time to others, and ends up hurting herself in the longrun. If someone has a chore they're complaining about, she'll immediately pick it up for them. If someone needs a massive favor no one else is willing to give, she will bend over backwards for it.

- She's hard on herself. Not the "modest" kind of hard-on-yourself, but genuine, painful self criticization that leaves her feeling less than human. She is a massive perfectionist, no matter the context. She strongly dislikes anything that even has to do with herself, but never speaks about it out of fear.

[ mannerisms ]

- Cybele tends to use her hands a lot when she talks. She's very vocal with her body language to make up for her soft voice.

Popee the Performer x Sir FroggingtonOctober 11, 2021 11:42 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Her home was a cold mountainous country, and she lived in a castle near a steep mountain in a sheltered valley. The room she was in was full of light and shadows. The many candles flickered their light. The lively music filled the hall and drifted up to the ceiling where it echoed down and bounced back around so that everyone corner was filled with the tantalizing music. Many were chattering, and she could hear laughter during the more livelier dances.

A ball was underway celebrating, her mother, Vivienne's birthday. Her father, Henry, was presenting her mother with the Emerald Forest necklace, which had been in the family for generations. It used bright green emeralds as the top of trees. Starting from the back of the neck they were tiny pieces, and they got large coming around to the front until it got to the centerpiece which rested in the center of her chest. They necklace didn't look the most like trees, but it was expensive and gaudy. Just the style her parents expected from everyone.

Because of the cool weather and her station, she was layered in a thick woolen dress with elaborate embroidery giving her clothing vibrant colors. Her dress was mostly a solid navy color and she had different floral embroidery including pink and yellow flowers and bright green leaves. She had a few necklaces of plain gold around her neck and three large rings with fat white diamonds on her solid hands. Her shoes were a white silver color, which wouldn't last long, because she wasn't good at staying clean.

Her eyes were closed, and she swayed to the music until someone tapped her on the shoulder. Afraid that she wouldn't want to dance with them, she kept her eyes shut until he gave up, too polite to tap again. She missed that dance, but she was relieved to see an older man leave her area having not been accepted a partner. Lucretia had a sneaking suspicion that she was a favorite dance partner not only because of her position and her liveliness, but she was small, compact, and lightweight, which would make it easier to do lifts.

In the great hall she was standing waiting for the next person to offer to dance with her. The great hall where they were dancing was wide open. Tall windows with an arch at the top at least two people tall lined parallel to each other on two walls. It let in some much needed light during the day. Hanging from the high ceilings were large candle chandeliers to provide light, when it got dark. The other two walls had tall double doors that led elsewhere. The great hall was large and open.

The floor was a smooth gleaming wood with lighter and darker floorboards interlaced to create decorative patterns. There was golden filigree on the walls and golden crown molding. It wasn’t necessarily all gold, but most of the decorations had a gleaming yellow tone. There were tall stone pillars closer to the walls with windows about every two windows giving extra decoration and a little space off of the dance floor where you could safely take a reprieve without being bumped into by dancers. The musicians were at one side of the hall near a wall with doors and the refreshments were on the other side.

Her parents were sitting near the musicians, and the heirloom was on a pedastool in front of them laying out gleaming and shiny for everyone to admire. People would turn and look in one direction. Even from here Lucretia was aware of their looks of disgust. She had noticed someone coming from the side where her parents sat and being pursued by some guards who were closing in on her. She doubted that the one who was fleeing would be able to escape. The whole castle was buzzing with those who were nosy and didn't belong.

Not wanting the blame put on her if something ended up missing, and not wanting to interrupt someone else’s business, she left them to it. Edging closer to the dance floor, she began to search for someone to dance with, so that her innocence would be more believable. Finding someone without a partner, she prepared herself to make eye contact and smile, until she had his attention, and he realized her importance. Tearing her eyes away from him, she realized that they had caught the culprit by now. She wouldn’t be blamed, so she began to creep in that direction.

Noting that the guilty one appeared to be a girl, her interest was piqued. Her parents spent many hours in the day lecturing her about her behavior, and how girls were never as wild as she was. If this girl was actually stealing the heirloom that was being held in the guard's hand, she appeared to be portraying the opposite of meekness. Moving as quickly as her many layered dress and uncomfortable shoes allowed her, she got closer to the guards who held the girl.

She had to elbow a few people, and they glared at her. A few became a little bashful, when they realized who the transgressor was. “Wait!" she shouted, trying to be heard above the raucus, but not wanting to be revealed. "Wait,” her voice became less panicked once she had the guard’s attention. “Where are you taking her? What did she do?” Her parents were sitting regally, but they weren’t looking in her direction for now. She didn’t have long before she attracted unwanted attention. “I can deal with her. Bring her to me. If you take her to my parents, you are going to ruin this whole ball, and no one is going to be happy. I'm not doing anything at the moment.” One of the higher ranking guards, which she could tell from his uniform, decided to risk voicing an option, “We could just put her in a cell until tomorrow and let your parents deal with her then.” Lucretia’s face remained neutral, as she weighed her options.

She didn't need to know what this girl was here for, even though she was beginning to die of curisoity. However, it would only make her potential lies harder and less likely to believe. Simple was better. "Wow," her voice was admiring. "I can't believe you got so close. You've got skills." The guards had backed off where they couldn't hear the princess over the music as she conversed with the prisoner, but the guards were near enough to help. "Why on earth would you want such a funny looking piece?" she shook her head, forgetting because of being surrounded by privilege that it had value beyond its looks. "I'm sorry, but I think you might have to spend the night in a cell." Unlucky for the girl, but Lucretia was more interested in getting to know her than creating a scene, which she normally preferred. "I think you might be more interesting than drama," Lucretia gave a quick smile before wiping it away into impassiveness.

Popee the Performer x Sir FroggingtonOctober 12, 2021 09:07 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Cybele was never one to come off a thief. Yes, she was sneaky, but she wasn't noticeable. If anything, Cybele often traversed the village streets as nothing but a passing blur of oranges and cream whites, just another civillian going through her daily civillian lifestyles. Most days, she tended a small cloth and seaming booth on the corner down the Royal Avenue, where the street with the highest activity was placed down the pathway of the royal gates. The gates and walls themselves were lined with other booths--vegetables, gardening, woodworking, tanning, hunting--any booth that could be possibly imagined. Cybele's booth was a bit farther down the way, but still managed to get enough intake to keep her, and the booth going.
-
Recently, a small bought of illness spread through the civillians. It was a soft cough with symptoms that read as the following: wooziness, dehydration, and a hint of dizziness. Cybele was lucky enough to not get down with the illness, but because she remained inside so often otherwise to avoid it, she had significantly lost funding for her shop. She had gotten only a handful of hemming orders, just enough to keep food on the table, but not enough to restock her fabrics. Cybele felt a pang of anxiety waking up each day, or just in general remembering keeping her shop afloat, and suddenly that food that was on the table slowly shrunk to scraps, and then to crumbs. The day that Cybele did make her way outside, she inquired to the other boothkeeps about their businesses, and she was informed that they were struggling, just the same, but if not a bit better because they did not decide to take off the same amount of safe time at home.
-
So, the little seamstress came up with a plan when the funds were so low, they dipped into the negatives. Cybele had learned from one of the boothkeeps near her, that the royals would be planning a ball soon, and all of those of higher importance would be able to attend. A masquerade ball, at that. She had come up with the idea to design her own dress--stitch by stitch--and pay one of the porcelain carves in clothing to design her a mask. Immediately, when Cybele finished the orders that had stocked up in her booth while she was gone, she started to slave over the perfect dress for such an occassion. This was, perhaps, her greatest plan yet.
-
The dress was a sheen, emerald color that reflected the light source as it moved with Cybele's pace. The fabric was a thin, polished cotton fabric that was layered over white, fluffy tulle and ruffles underneath. The dress was meant to poof out, reaching from one arm's length to the other, with a small train following behind in pursuit. The fabric was embroidered with white daisy-like flowers, careening up the base of the dress and curling up to the corset portion around the waist. On the bust were white ruffles, and the fabric that was also similar to the rump part was separated into a jacket portion that hung loosely off of Cybele's shoulders. The dress was small, or at least small enough for Cybele, but still noteable for the amount of work and effort put into the piece.
-
The mask was the next most important piece. It was a plain, thin porcelain mask that could've shattered with enough of a throw, but it held up well otherwise. It was painted a palen white, and covered the area around her eyes, cheek, and nose bridge. It was held up with a ribbon that tied around the back of her hair--an orange ribbon to blend in perfectly. The mask was decorated with oriental paterns carved into the eye sockets, dancing around the lids and settling over the nose bridge like patterened freckles. There was no noticeable design in the mask, other than the oriental, spotted patterns. With Cybele's own touch, she used some hoof glue and extra beaded tendrils to hang from the bottom of the mask, and cover her lips. The beads were clear, tiny, and meant to look like small crystals.
-
That night, Cybele snuck into the royal crowd with the masses, feeling incredibly alienated from the other, truly royal people, but she swallowed her doubt hard and soldiered on. With the other royals, the crowd was introduced into a large, hollowed out ballroom area that was sectioned off with large-pane windows and skylights. Cybele's guess was that anyone who wasn't able to participate in the party and watched from the outside, experienced a great amount of illumination despite the pitch-blackness of the night. When the crowd walked into the ballroom area, Cybele paused, scanned the area to check out the others' expressions, but they all paled in comparison to how she felt. She felt… large, tall, and any synonym of "important." It was beautiful… simply breathtaking, and she could almost not take herself to move a step forward.
-
Cybele tapped herself once on the side of her head, as if to knock her out of her awe-struck daze. Stepping forward, she started to join into the symphonous dancing, pretending to find a partner along with the rest of the royals. Two steps to the left, and another to the right, she shifted awkwardly through the crowd, shouldering her way forward to the heirloom poised near the royal couple. Thankfully, all of the ruckus and amount of people shrouded Cybele in the cacophony of sound, nearly hiding her mischevious actions from the rest of the people. Suddenly, completely out of the blue, a large, strong grip clasped around Cybele's sleeve and pulled her roughly away from the heirloom. "H-Hey! I--Stop it!" Cybele cawed, taking her other hand to push the gaurd chest's away, but it was to no use.
-
Flickering her gaze around to see if anyone else was witnessing this, she was pleasantly surprised to see someone--another woman--come to her aid. Someone… incredibly familiar. She spoke harshly to the gaurd, who she verbally waved off, and he dismissed himself. Cybele watched the gaurd remove himself from the situation, as she awkwardly rubbed the area on her arm that he had gripped, and she turned back to the royal. Was this… the princess? Is that why she had so much authority, and how her voice was so familiar? Cybele's mouth parted slightly, sucking in a small gasp of air upon realization. She found herself unable to find the words to express how she felt, and thankfully, the woman started to speak for her.
-
"Why on earth would you want such a funny looking piece?"
-
Cybele pursed her lips. "I…I need it," she cooed underneath her breath, barely audible compared to the bustling crowd and music. When the princess spoke once more, this time about the woman probably having to spend the night in the cell, she dipped her head down in defeat. "I'm--I'm sorry. I understand, m'lady."
Popee the Performer x Sir FroggingtonOctober 16, 2021 02:18 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Her head darted up, sneaking a peek for anyone thinking that she was doing something unusual. Normally, they were quick to anticipate her, and stop her shenanigans. Apparently, the guards nearby were offering her some credence. Her brow furrowed and she frowned, when she noticed a male struggling to rush to her side through the shifting crowd. Her right hand began to fidget with a fold of her dress crumpling it and smoothing it back out. He was probably coming to ask her to dance. She knew from her mother’s complaints that she wasn’t gorgeous. When her father was in a good mood, he tried to comfort her by saying that she was fair enough, and paired with her high position, would make her appealing to anyone.

While it might not matter in the long term, for those who wanted a fun turn on the dance floor, she was vivacious and friendly. This time however, she pointed the man out to the guards, and a more senior guard with grizzled hair at his temples stepped forward to discourage him. Her frown deepened at the negative thoughts, because she had been telling herself for years that she didn’t care that she didn’t live up to anyone’s expectations. She had only begun to actually believe it. At least she did until reality hit her. Everyone would have preferred her to be comfortably stupid and oblivious to the machinations of court, because they didn’t want a daughter with brains (those girls weren’t enticing to prospecting in-laws). It was much easier to deal with a girl, when she had no opinion or input on the matter. While she wasn’t oblivious to what was going on, she hadn’t learned how to manipulate anyone beyond the average toddler’s abilities. At that, she had neither the looks or the youth to cause people to indulge her, but she did use her position in replacement of that.

Turning back to Cybele, a little distracted, she leaned forward trying to understand, “Pardon me. I didn’t hear what you said.” The thief’s lips were moving, and she could hear some incoherent sounds blurred together, but no individual words.The music was drowning out the thief’s soft voice. Her eyes burned a little as the mask slipped and rubbed them.Taking a moment to inspect the prisoner, she had to readjust her dark blue mask with golden embroidery on the sides.

“Wow!” Lucretia gave the thief a hard look, wondering if her eyes decided her. That should be a cheap knock off. “Sh...” she changed the pronoun so that the thief was being directly addressed and it sounded less rude. “You are dressed nicer than I am.” Her voice went higher at the end, and she reared back slightly from her. Lucretia's dress had lots of layers and embroidery, but so did the thief’s. The small girl’s dress even had lace.

It was convicting that a thief put more thought into her outfit than the princess did. Her mother often reprimanded her for dressing inappropriately for different occasions. She simply wouldn’t learn, even though she had ladies-in-waiting to help her with her outfits. An idea popped into her head. If the thief needed money, perhaps she wasn’t so bad. Perhaps she just needed a second chance. If the thief made the clothing, Lucretia could commission her. She knew her mother would be delighted to see her wearing what she deemed was more proper clothing. Proper clothing was supposed to be expensive, elaborate, and if you got dirt on it, it was completely ruined and everyone wouldn’t be able to ignore the mar.

Staring at the mask, she believed it was porcelain. To her, it seemed that would cause a lot of unnecessary sweating and slipping. “That’s an interesting mask. Seems like it would be uncomfortable. Mother would love for someone to teach me how to dress. I might even listen to you.” Her voice was full of innocent curiosity. She was not trying to get Cybele in trouble or deliberately being rude. “Where did you get that dress? It’s very nice.” As the guards gave her dubious looks, she realized that she needed to put on her formal voice again.

“Why do you need the heirloom? It’s very renowned and you wouldn’t be able to sell it easily.” She felt like she was pointing out the obvious, but perhaps it would discourage her from trying again. She wanted to interrogate mostly due to her curiosity, because she thought it might lead to some ideas for entertaining pranks, and she wondered if she would be able to get more out of her than a guard or her parents interrogating. However, she knew it would make her parents annoyed, that she had thought for herself, so she refrained from going all out. Her parents started to look her way, and she dipped her head gracefully.

Her parents might have wanted her to think, if she hadn’t proved to be mischievous, selfish, and immature. It was her own fault, but she hadn’t chosen to be a princess. It seemed rather wrong that normal people could choose what unimportant jobs they wanted to do, but the highest rank in the land the people didn’t have a choice. “Excuse me. It seems I need to return to the ball.” Turning to the guards, she gave them their orders, “Take her down to a cell. Feed her. Keep her well. I shouldn’t see any new injuries on her, if I see her again. Once you have her out of view of the dancers, please remove her mask.” She didn’t want anyone to notice anything out of the ordinary, but she wanted people to see her face just in case she managed to escape.

She noticed how thin her clothing was, and she remembered how dark, dank, and gloomy the dungeon could be. Quickly gazing around, she double checked that no one would notice as she slipped away. While the guards were taking the prisoner down to a cell, Lucretia snatched food from the tables, and headed to her closet. She grabbed a warm woolen coat of hers to let the girl use, and wrapped the food in a clean handkerchief.

She headed down into the dark dungeon. “Hello,” she called, hoping the jailor had snuck away for food. Hearing no one, her footsteps softly made a padding sound, as she looked into each cell checking on the occupant. After a few doors, she found Cybele’s. She peered through the bars, trying to see through the gloom. “Hello. I brought you a coat and some food. Anyone would notice the coat is mine, so I’ll have to take it with me. I wouldn’t want to get you in more trouble, but you can have this food,” she held it up waiting to see if Cybele would accept it.” She had forgotten about the mask, and removed it now. “What are you doing in the palace?”

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us