Wolf Play : Polly x Tene
Chatbox
 Hallow's Eve
03:13:18 Hallow, Eve
Apothecary

Ohh that one is pretty! I am seriously reconsidering making my first custom over again. in my memorial garden, it's Krampus
 Apothecary
03:08:50 Medicinally Autistic
If you look in boos memorial den at rusty skies, I'm gonna snatched that design for the new boost
 Crypto Currency
03:08:42 Ash (he/they)
-WP Click-
sooo IB
 Continental Wolves
03:08:05 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
-WP Click-
I just realized she's given me 3 axanthics
 STS
03:07:22 TS, Speckles
Hello
 Hallow's Eve
03:06:48 Hallow, Eve
I think this will be my next stud design. Though I am considering doing more of a white stud than a dark stud, since Wraith is pretty dark
-WP Click-
 Crypto Currency
03:06:39 Ash (he/they)
tin can, keep. 52AC
 Crypto Currency
03:06:20 Ash (he/they)
-WP Click-
paws?
 Continental Wolves
03:06:05 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
-WP Click-
Hmm keep or no?
 Crypto Currency
03:04:02 Ash (he/they)
eevee, i know. at some point i wanted buffy talents, but...
 Hallow's Eve
03:03:13 Hallow, Eve
List

Oh he's pretty too!
 Continental Wolves
03:03:04 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Tay
>.>
Im broke after mass breeding wolves
 Listless
03:02:51 List
leaf
she looks pretty!
 Hallow's Eve
03:02:42 Hallow, Eve
Crypto

I totally understand, I am considering slowly adding talents to him, theyre just so expensive.
 Tiny Village
03:02:37 Tiny
Ello
 Listless
03:02:32 List
this is my favorite boy <3
-WP Click-
 Leafpool
03:01:56 Leaf she/her
Crypto this is her
-WP Click-
 Crypto Currency
03:01:46 Ash (he/they)
Eevee, i know, but thats about all haha
if he were a lower gen...
 Hallow's Eve
03:01:01 Hallow, Eve
Crypto

Those talents! I'm jealous lol

List

Thank you!! I'm so super excited about him!
 Apothecary
03:00:50 Medicinally Autistic
Mushroom Hole: 116564 Mushrooms

Where I have to stop till after work

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Red Fox : +4
Vicuna Wolf : -3
Bobcat : -4
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Light Rain  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4 

Polly x TeneJune 28, 2021 08:45 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

Eneida felt a strange kind of sympathy for Chinook. She had never lost someone so close to her, and she doubted that she'd feel the same pain if she did lose either of her parents. Neither of them had bothered to grow close to her. They'd had more important things to deal with, like ruling the kingdom. They'd been more focused on conquering and keeping themselves in power than their child and, really, she couldn't blame them.

"No," she responded to his question immediately, eyes hard when they turned to him. "There was absolutely nothing you could have done more than separate yourself from the rebellion. He knew what he was getting himself into when he started leading it, and trying to do anything to defend him would have only incriminated you for a crime you had no part in."

She wished that there was more that she could have done to help Kol. Out of the both of them, she held the most power. Realisticially, she knew that there was nothing more she could do or could have done, but that didn't stop the pangs in her chest.

"I don't know," her voice was quiet, dragging her face away. She didn't know. She could guess that the guards wouldn't be too kind to him, and that her parents would do little about their treatment of him (but it was, really, her job to keep the knights, soldiers and guards in check, so she would be having words with them). She could guess what her father's desired punishment of him would be, and she had to stop herself from trembling at the thought.

Executions were rare, but not entirely unheard of.

"I'm guessing the trial will be a week or so from now. I'll try to push for Colm to get trialled first, if that's what you would like." She'd certainly like to see Colm trialled before Kol. Colm was likely to get a demotion, perhaps a permanent scarring or branding, maybe even extended time in prison.

His final words caught her mildly off guard, and her steps paused for a moment. "You treated me like another dog," she said after a heartbeat of silence, gathering her thoughts. "You saw me as more than just a title, or a female with high breeding, or someone to marry simply to get a higher rank. You saw me as... as another dog. Not higher than you, not lower than you. Just... equal. No one had ever done that before. It was refreshing, to say the least."

Was that the only reason? Chinook had treated her like an actual living, breathing creature? Even she didn't know.

They had found their way to her rooms, and she watched the knight she'd sent to get a bed leave, nodding to her in passing. She only briefly returned the pleasantry, walking into the open, warm space and locking eyes with the two doctors there.

One was a black poodle, one of the masters of the practice, and the other was a golden labrador retriever. Slowly, she greeted the pair: "Socorro," belonged to the poodle. "And Neha," belonged to the labrador retriever. "Socorro, you will be seeing to Chinook. Neha, my wound isn't bad, and you'll be aiding Chinook after finishing up with me."

"Yes Ma'am," came the chant, and the doctors set to work. As she'd predicted, Neha quickly finished with her own found, finding that she, really, only had to clean it and tell her to rest. Chinook had a far worse deal.

Polly x TeneJune 28, 2021 09:40 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

His father, the leader of the Rebellion.

Kol, who took an oath to serve the Kingdom with all of his might.

He was respected. Highly so. Why would he risk everything? Surely he must have done so because he saw what others didn't. What did his father see? Surely if he was willing to risk all he had, then it must have been worth it. Why else would his father do such an idiotic thing? To risk his life? His son? His title? All for what?

What did his father risk getting caught for?

Chinook desperately wished to ask somebody and confide in them. Anybody. But to ask anyone, even Eneida, was practically a death wish. He was now within the very heart of the Kingdom walls. It had ears all over. One mutter of the Rebellion, and he'd be alongside of his father. Chinook couldn't help him if he were in prison next to him. No, he needed to help his father in some other way. Maybe.. Maybe this was all a misunderstanding!

Who are you kidding?

He would go find Frode. That's what he'd do. Frode would help him. He was sure of it. For now, however, he needed to get his wounds tended to. "Don't be a fool, Chinook. Frode can wait. First, get yourself fixed up. You can't help me looking like something the cat dragged in." That's what his father would have said, he was sure of it. Nodding his head firmly to himself as if finishing a pep talk, Chinook followed alongside of Eneida.

Her words did offer him some comfort. Not much, but slightly. He felt as if he owed his father to do something. He only wished he had told him before he was taken. Worry fluttered in his chest worrying about his father. Would he be alright in the prison? Would he be cold? Would he have enough food? Would he be harmed? The mere thought made Chinook release a small whine.

No, stop thinking about that.

He couldn't do anything but honour his father's wishes. Not unless he wished to be held accountable as well.

Glancing up at Eneida, he nodded slightly at her words revolving around Colm. He had no words to offer her, just a simple, easy nod. It would give him more time to think if Colm went first. He could think of a way to help his father. "I just need.. I need some answers, is all." Eyes falling onto the floor, Chinook dragged his paws. He should be more grateful. He was chosen as the Royal Guard. This should have been an exciting day. One worth celebrating, but how can he knowing his father is locked away? Perhaps for good?

Now, stop thinking about all of this. You'll drive yourself mad.

Remaining silent, it wasn't until Eneida spoke once more did he look her way. For a brief moment, a sad smile appeared. "Everybody is so focused on titles these days, they lack noticing ones carrying them. I learned that when I was younger when I tried to befriend some noble pups." Scrunching his muzzle for a moment, Chinook recalled how obnoxious those pups were. All they did was talk and boast about who had the more powerful parents, or who had more trinkets. It was tiring, to say the least.

If titles didn't mean anything, was that why his father so easily stripped himself of his?

As he and Eneida arrived to her rooms, they were greeted with two doctors. Chinook took in a moment, observing the area before his eyes settled upon a black poodle and labrador retriever. The black poodle who would tend to his wounds was named Socorra, as he learned, and the one tending Eneida was Neha. "Pleasure to meet you," he spoke, dipping his head in greeting for a moment.

Chinook gaze snapped onto Eneida, practically pleading as if asking what he should do. However, he learned that it would be best to simply stand as Socorra worked. He twirled when asked, sat when demanded, lay down when told. He followed Socorra's words like a robot, wincing every now and then when a sensitive spot was hit. A grunt was sounded here and there, a soft yelp or whine. But before he knew it, Chinook was all patched up, his wounds stinging, but not as much as before. It made sense. All the dirt was probably cleaned out.

"Thank you," he said, spectating his body with a smile. "It feels much better." All he probably had to do was rest now. He'd find Frode later.

However, he felt the need to double check with Eneida. Chinook wasn't sure how to even act as a Royal Guard. All he was ever told was to listen to any orders given. So, he turned to her, smiling softly. "What now, my Princess?"

Polly x TeneAugust 3, 2021 08:17 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

Eneida sat off to the side whilst the two doctors cleaned the wounds of the male. Her new Royal Guard, that's what she had named Chinook. The two doctors were more than used to her sharp eyes and quiet mannerisms--they'd tended to her knights and guards more than enough times to be used to her hovering around, just to be sure everything was fine. It's how she was. Even if she was, technically, Chinook's charge, he was also under her command. She had a duty of care to him, just as he had a duty to protect her.

"You will rest until they think your wounds have healed enough," she said, voice leaving little room for discussion. Sorocco and Neha were busy gathering their supplies, but, still, the Princess approached them, leaning in closer to mutter to them: "If you see him, do send Lothair to my rooms. I wish to speak to him about important matters."

Neha nodded, and the pair left.

"You will stay here until you have healed," she said, turning back to Chinook. "My rooms are yours, and will forever be open to you as my Royal Guard." The male had been alienated his whole life, how was she supposed to make him feel at home in an area full of those that hated him? How was she supposed to make him respected? How was she supposed to make him feel welcome, standing beside her?

"Chinook, if anyone tries to hurt you or say anything to you anymore, I want to know," she murmured, stepping closer, just shy of making physical contact. "I need to know, so I can put a stop to it. It's... disgusting, how some members of my parents' court treat you." It made her sick.

A throat was cleared at the door.

Eneida turned, body tense, fur rising instinctively, but her entire body relaxed when she spotted the white shepherd.

"Lothair," she said by way of greeting, turning her body, but not moving from her position. The shepherd had to walk across the space towards her to greet her back, dipping his head to both her, and Chinook.

"Princess, Royal Guard," he said, before he zeroed his gaze in on her face. "What did you need, Spitfire?"

"I need a favour," she said slowly, gaze sharpening.

"What is it?" His voice dropped, taking a step closer, paw narrowly missing her own with how close he was.

"I need you to make daily visits to the dungeon," Eneida said lightly, watching the confusion on his face for a moment before she continued. "The guards will not be kind, Lothair, you know that."

"To the traitor?"

"Kol is still a respectable knight. He did much for our kingdom--"

"He betrayed it--"

"Do not interrupt me," her voice softened, but sharpened to a dangerous point. The shepherd dropped her gaze, shuffling back half a step in response, but remained silent. "Kol is a respectable knight, and, regardless of his crime, he is a prisoner under my charge. I will not accept any mistreatment in my dungeons."

"Yes, Eneida."

"Disguise the visits under questioning Colm and, later, Kol. I want to find out why Colm committed his crimes, and the King will likely want more information about Kol." She paused, just for a heartbeat, before she continued. "And, Lothair, this is not my asking as a friend." She lifted her maw, as if to remind him of who was in charge. "This is your Princess ordering reports on her dungeon. You will fulfill your duties."

"Yes, Princess."

"Take Yorath with you when you go into the dungeon."

"Yes, My Lady." Lothair's voice had grown hollow, as if he'd given up arguing with her. He shouldn't have tried in the beginning.

"You are dismissed." She said, turning her face away from him, back towards Chinook, as if to completely ignore his presence. The white shepherd stood there for a moment, before he backed away, frowning.

"Eneida--"

"You are dismissed," she repeated, vocals dropping to something just above a growl, whipping her head around to face him again. Her eyes were a glare, face set in a stony expression until he nodded and removed himself from her sight.

Only then did the husky relax, closing her eyes and sighing.

"He can be so difficult sometimes," she whispered, turning back to Chinook and nodding to the bed that the other knight had brought in. "That's your bed for the time being. It should be fairly comfortable. If it isn't, tell me, and I'll get it replaced."

Polly x TeneSeptember 1, 2021 08:47 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

What more could Chinook do but nod at Eneida's words? So, while she went to speak to Neha, the male simply shifted his weight from side to side, head upturned as he gazed around the room. He was exhausted, he had to admit, but also worried. What would become of his father?

His repetitive thoughts were disrupted by Eneida, his head turning to look at her. He nodded once more, a simple, singular movement. "I.. Thank you," he said. It was odd being shown kindness, especially so much of it in a short while. He wasn't used to it and found it odd, which nearly made him chuckle. He found kindness odd, yet not insults? How disappointing. No wonder some pitied him.

For the most part, Chinook watched with a peaceful expression, until he turned away, ears twitching upon her next words. "I'm supposed to protect you, not the other way around," he said jokingly, though his words came out rather weak, almost sad. Glancing back at her, he was surprised at how close they were, causing him to stare for a moment before stumbling back and nearly tripping over his paws.

Pausing to recover, he cleared his throat and shrugged meekly. "I can handle it, don't worry about me." Offering a smile, he felt that it wasn't the proper answer that Eneida wished to hear, so, his expression grew more serious. "I'll tell you if anything happens," he added on, and he was true to his words.

Head spinning as a throat was suddenly cleared, Chinook watched the white Shepard called Lothair standing at the door. Glancing back to Eneida, he could tell that she trusted him, given her sudden relaxed posture, though when he approached, it was an understatement to say that Chinook was no shocked.

He acknowledged him. He dipped his head to him in greeting. He had never been greeted by others like this, not in a long time. Blinking, Chinook nodded at him, his heart dancing around with excitement. Lothair had actually used his new title! It wasn't Son of Kol, but Royal Guard. A smile twitched at the corner of his mouth, though he forced it back to seem less.. well.. inexperienced.

Eyes darting from Lothair to Eneida, his smile nearly returned.

Spitfire?

What kind of name was that? A chill ran up his spine. Never mind the name, how did Eneida get it. Did he want to know? No, no he didn't. However, his mind didn't remain on that topic for long, as before he knew it, Chinook found himself staring down at his paws.

To the traitor, was what Lothair has said. Traitor, meaning his father. Even now, while he should be the one speaking for his father, he allowed Eneida to fight his battle yet again while he stood off to the side listening in.

Well, at least he knew how she obtained the name Spitfire.

He had watched her speak, rather mesmerized in a sense. He could never speak like that, with a voice that demanded respect and to be listened to. It was a persuasive voice, one that, if told him to jump off a cliff, he would do so without another thought. It was a dangerous voice, yet Chinook wasn't afraid. If anything, he was drawn in.

When she spoke to him, he found himself observing with an intrigued expression. "That was impressive," he mumbled back, "The way you handled it. I can see why they call your Spitfire." Even if something wasn't Chinook's fault, he found himself apologizing, so the way Eneida stood her guard was impressive to him. He wished to be like that. To be listened to.

A moment of motivation had hit him. He would become like that. He would become somebody worthy of respect, he was sure of it, and when his wounds healed, the first thing he would do was train. He would become better. He would become the best, so he could help the few that had helped him in his life. Eneida and his father.

"I appreciate what you did and said about my father. Not many would.. defend him after today." Eyes softening, they turned to the bed that had arrived for himself. This time, he didn't hold back his smile. "This should do just fine, Soul."

Polly x TeneSeptember 30, 2021 03:32 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

"Just because you can handle it, doesn't mean you should." She stated, face going blank. "Even the strongest people have breaking points. I want to help you before you reach yours." She didn't want to watch the male go through grief whilst also dealing with the hatred of those around him. It was no way for anyone to live, much less someone she regarded as a friend. She paused, and then: "Perpetual pain is no way for anyone to live, Chinook."

Would he understand?

She hoped so.

After the brief interaction with Lothair, the dame brought her full attention to Chinook. His comment, I can see why they call your Spitfire, had a small, almost cheeky smile alighting her face. "I got called that when I started training with them," she muttered, flicking a short glance towards the entrance, just to make sure Lothair wasn't lingering. "I absolutely floored Yorath in my third session, because he'd underestimated me." Something just a little less joyful than a giggle came from her maw, and she quickly redirected her attention.

"I'm a princess. I would get nowhere if I let people talk over me." She explained, shifting her weight slightly. "It's a skill I learned early. Now, get to bed, and rest. The sooner you heal, the sooner you'll be off bed rest."

------------------

It was a few days later, maybe closer to a week, she didn't know. It was hard to tell times recently, with everything blurring together.

"Lothair," her voice was hushed, so as not to wake Chinook, but dropped closer to a growl. "What do you mean?"

"I was not permitted to enter the cells." The white shepherd replied, voice equally hushed, but not as angry.

"By who?"

"The guards."

"The gua- Lothair you are a knight! You are a knight under the orders of the princess, do they have no respect?"

"I suppose not, Princess."

Eneida paused, blinking slowly.

Lothair hadn't tried. He hadn't tried to get into the cells. He was not angry, he was not upset about being disrespected like that, nor was he upset about her orders being disregarded. He had allowed himself to be pushed out of the prison, had allowed himself to be bossed around by the guards.

He'd let-

"You are dismissed." She stated, leaning away, voice turned to ice. "I want Sokra to lead the training today. Make sure it happens."

"Yes, My Lady," if Lothair was surprised by the sudden change in tone, he didn't show it, merely turning and leaving the room.

The princess uttered a growl before she remembered that Chinook was in the room, tucking her chin agaisnt her chest.

"Goddammit," she whispered, closing her eyes. She would have to check on Kol and Colm herself. She would have to remind the guards that she was in charge, not them.

She needed time.

"Chinook," she called, voice soft as it bounced across the room. "We're going to go to the prison today."

Polly x TeneOctober 19, 2021 10:03 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

For a moment, the large male felt peace. For a moment, he had forgotten everything. In his mind, there was serenity and he was a pup again without a care in the world.

Then, he woke up.

At first, Chinook was confused, his ears turning and picking up a series of mumbles and murmurs. His eyes remained closed, his breath slow. He was trying to make it seem as if he were still asleep, when in reality, he was eavesdropping. Was it the right thing to do? No, but it was talk about prison, and therefore, talk about his father. Chinook needed to know everything. When he was sure Lothair had left, only then did he shift his lanky body around, head raising slightly to peer Eneida.

"No luck?"

Eyes remaining glued upon her figure, he could tell from the way she looked that she hadn't had a successful conversation. Glancing at his paws for a moment, Chinook rolled onto his stomach and lifted himself up. It was but a week since everything in his life turned around. It was a week since he had seen his father. He dreaded to know how he was being treated.

Glancing back at the female before him, Chinook broke out into a slow walk, stretching his hind legs as he moved. Only a short amount of time, and he felt himself growing stronger. Since the day after he was treated for his wounds, Chinook was determined. He had gone to the training grounds each morning and evening, where he remained for at least an hour working on his skills. He wanted to do better. Needed to do better. For his father and Eneida's sake.

When the male finally stood before her, his head tilted slightly. "How do you plan on getting to the prison?" Pausing, the male shook his head. "I don't want to risk you getting in trouble for my sake." As much as he wanted to see his father, how could he rely on Eneida to help him again when she's done so much already?

"If you are seen, then you're father will be noted. Isn't that right?" The King hated him enough already, Chinook didn't want to risk himself and his father potentially being treated worse. Unless.. Did she have a plan? A way to either move past the guards or swear them to secrecy? Was there a secret rule among the royals that they had to be confidential?

His eyes seemed to ask all of these questions as they stared at her.

Polly x TeneOctober 19, 2021 11:33 PM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

His concern, although unneeded, allowed a smidge of warmth to enter her icy brain. How had Lothair allowed them to- Her maw wrinkled, and she almost spat out foul words that rose in her throat. How dare she be so obviously disobeyed. How dare the guards disobey her, how dare Lothair disregard her orders, how dare they harm prisoners.

"No luck," she agreed, voice dropped to a cold kind of anger. Frighteningly calm is what her anger had been called by many, and it did not disprove of that claim now. "Gods above- Lothair has found a way to convince the guards to go against my orders. Or he just didn't tell them about my orders. Either way, he hasn't been going into the cells to check up on your father and Colm."

Eneida's jaws snapped harshly against air, and she turned towards a different room in her rooms. She needed to be ready, to look presentable in front of her guards. "Regardless of their crimes, prisoners will not be hurt under my watch. Your father may be a so-called 'traitor', but he is still a prisoner under my command. The guards have no business doing what I suspect of them doing."

The guards were hurting Kol.

The sentence didn't need to be said.

It was obvious.

She grabbed the leather and glass contraption that every royal was given to wear, to show off their status. Should she wear it? The guards knew who she was, she wouldn't need to prove to them that she was the Princess. And if they were hurting the prisoners, she intended on getting messy.

She put it back in its place, turning back to Chinook, eyes hard. If Chinook didn't wish to go with her, fine, but she was going regardless. She'd never, ever been one to back down.

"I will say it's a routine checkup on how they are keeping the prison, how sanitary and tidy it is, and the status of the prisoners. Kol and Colm are my prisoners, inside the prison under my command, guarded by dogs that follow my orders. My Mother and Father left me in charge of most of the smaller things when I turned a year old. Learning responsibility or something like that; they focus more on their war campaigns with the wolves now." They don't have time for petty crimes, they had told her.

"The guards are in no position to refuse my orders. They think they can get away with this," she stalked closer to the taller dog, pausing when she was right in front of him. "And they will not."

And, as with all things, Eneida didn't wait. She turned and left the rooms, expecting Chinook to follow her. The walk to the prisons wasn't short, but it wasn't a long one either. It was nearby the top of the mountain, but on a side with less housing than the other sides. A singular, thin path led down to it, and it was angled in a way that sunlight almost never got in.

So torches, thick sticks and cloth on fire, lined the sides of the tunnel leading down to the prison.

It was cold, damp, and dark. All things that she hated.

The guards at the entrance had done nothing to stop her, and she met their stares head on. The guards at the entrance to the cell rooms only looked at her, straightening up when she paused between them.

"If someone carrying out my orders is refused access again," she said lightly, airily, as if she wasn't angry. "There will be consequences." Her wording betrayed her emotions more then her tone did. "Am I understood?"

The guards nodded.

Eneida carried on without looking back at them.

She found Kol and Colm quickly. For some reason, they had been put in neighbouring cells. She would change that. The cell doors were branches woven together with rope and vines, holding them together and stuck harshly into the wall. They had never been easily removed, especially from the inside.

"I want access to Kol's cell," she stated, looking at one of the guards inside the room. He didn't move. A growl rose in her throat, rumbling deep in her chest. "I want access to Kol's cell," she repeated forcefully, watching one of the others jump to his paws to move the door aside for her.

Her smile was venomously sweet towards them, until she turned her gaze and peered int othe cell.

Kol looked like he had been a lone soldier in a war against thousands.

He was torn and bloodied, bruised and hurt. Eneida didn't say anything, didn't allow her facial features to change, didn't make a noise. Instead, she merely turned her face to Chinook.

"You interview him for information about his crimes," she said, turning away, back towards the guards. "I have business to attend to."

She was going to give the guards hell for this.

Polly x TeneOctober 20, 2021 02:21 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Chinook
╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

The masculine blinked, his blue eyes observing Eneida with a sense of hesitance and unease. He had never witnessed the female before him grow so peeved to the point where her own maw scrunched with distaste. What more could Chinook do but watch? He was never good at comforting others, especially those provoked.

Though, at her words regarding his father, the male's ears pinned against his cranium, his eyes falling to the floor. No luck. "I expected it," he spoke, head shaking a few times before lowering his haunches to the floor in defeat. A sense of anger filled him, but was taken over by mostly pity and guilt. So, while Eneida snapped the air, Chinook's head hung low, shoulders sagging, until her next words made him pause.

Paws against cold stone, the male rose, staring at the female before him as she spoke.

"The guards have no business doing what I suspect them doing."

Muzzle lifting slightly to reveal sharp teeth, Chinook understood her anger then, and knew of what she was hinting at. Those guards, these noble individuals, were harming his father. His sire. The one who had raised him and had been the only one not to turn away from him.

Standing tall, he watched as Eneida stalked up to him, a new hardness reflecting in his eyes as she did so. "As your Royal Guard, I have an obligation to go with you." Nobody would suspect him with her. It was his duty, his task, his role. "Then again, we both know that in danger, you'd be the one protecting me." Pausing, he glanced at the leather and glass attire that the Royals wore. "Maybe I should be the one wearing that." A small hint of humour could be heard in his tone before a stern expression appeared upon his features, his head bobbing once in a nod.

He followed after her, his claws clicking against the ground as he did so. This time, rather than following like a lost puppy, he walked beside her, standing tall like his father used to instruct him to do. Chinook was a guard, and not just any guard, but a royal one. It was about time he began acting like one. So, the male's gaze remained sharp and full of scrutiny as he passed others, letting them know that he was the chosen one.

He had to admit, it felt good.

As the duo reached the prison, Chinook's look of confidence fell away for a moment when he nearly jumped as a spider crawled alongside of the ground beside him. Clearing his throat, he frowned, shaking out his pelt as he walked. It was so damp in here, and gloomy as well. However, he didn't let it bother him. If he was able to pass the guards at the entrance with confidence, he could face a few moments within a cellar.

Standing as Eneida spoke to the guards, he offered them no nods. No, he actually was bold enough to offer them a glare. They deserved it. Kol was his father, and anybody who mistreated him earned no respect from Chinook. Well, not that many cared for it anyways, but still.

Regardless, the male was no longer focused upon the guards, but his father. The familiar pelt of his was easy to espy, however, the sight of him made Chinook's face drop. His father, once so mighty and strong, now looked weak and diminished. He looked frail and small, his body torn apart as if he were used as a toy. Chinook suspected that his father would be bad, but not this bad.

His eyes twitched, lips peeling back once more as a quiet snarl escaped his throat. He had never felt such anger.. Had never been filled with such indignation to hurt another. It was as if Chinook had been taken over by a stranger from the way his claws dug into the ground and hackles rose. He hardly even responded to Eneida, though managed to break away from his father and face her. "Make them regret this," was all he said in a chilling monotone before blinking. Without another word, he left Eneida's side and stepped towards his father, who sat in the corner among the shadows.

"Well, look who decided to show up," came a familiar voice from the neighbouring cell. Chinook allowed his gaze to sweep onto the familiar figure of Colm, who too was injured, but not to the same extent as his father was. The male offered him a singular look before ignoring him, his main focus upon his father and- "Still a weakling, I see," came a taunt, perhaps some petty words to gain revenge over being placed in a cell.

Before approaching his father, the male sidestepped, instead, facing Colm first. "With all due respect, Colm, I'm not the one behind bars." His sentence was quick and calm before beginning to walk off. "Yeah, and you're the reason I'm behind them, but I'm not too worried. Considering who your father is, I expect to see you down here soon alongside of the traitor himself." That made Chinook pause, ears erect upon his head as he turned slowly. Approaching Colm's cage once more, the male stared at him with a blank look. "You should watch who you're speaking to, Colm. I'm not just anybody now, I'm a Royal Guard. Do you know what that means?" An almost.. wolfish grin flashed along his face. "That means that I alone rank higher than the knights, soldiers, and guards combined. With one word, I can convince them do anything to you, and if they don't listen to me, then, well, they'll listen to her." Motioning to Eneida speaking to the guards, he turned back to Colm who had turned quiet, and seemed to be, for once, speechless.

Lingering for a moment, Chinook threw him a final look before placing his undevoted attention onto his father. Walking, he paused before his father's cell, making eye contact with him. The male watched as his father slowly rose to his feet and stumbled to the side before managing to regain his balance. Hobbling towards his son, even in these circumstances, offered him a weak smile, to which Chinook frowned in response.

"What have they done to you?" Was the first thing he said, giving his father a once-over before the two greeted, heads pressed together through what little gap they could find between them. Chinook had to bend down to meet him, his father's form hunched over and too weak to stand tall. "I'm alright, I-" Chinook cut his father off. "Why did you do it?" Kol offered a blank look before releasing a grunt, sitting back down. It was quiet for several moments until his father broke the silence once more.

"You haven't seen how the others suffer. You haven't had any beg you for food as you passed them. Everybody else looks past at those at the bottom of the mountain. Nobody was doing anything, so I had to." Another pause. "You haven't gone to see Frode, have you? No, you wouldn't be asking me these questions if you had." Chinook only stood, staring. "Why is it so important that I do?"

"He will explain with more detail. He'll tell you why it was so important for change to take place." Kol's eyes hardened. "I ask you to take a walk at the bottom of the mountain. You haven't been that far down since you were younger. Walk there and tell me you don't see an issue. They are suffering." His father looked at him, practically pleading. Chinook broke contact. "But a rebellion?" His voice cracked slightly, hurt evidence in his tone. "You risked everything, including me. They almost arrested me." His father simply sighed. "I thought I was more careful I- You don't need me anymore." Chinook's face twisted into a confused one. "Of course I do. Even if I didn't, what, go get yourself killed? Have you gone mad? Did you hit your head in the process?" Voice turning into a whisper so that Colm nor the guards could hear, he faced his father.

That seemed to have offended Kol, for a hardened expression crossed his features as he slowly rose, returning to the corner of the cell. This anger clearly wasn't expected, especially not from Chinook. The male himself didn't think he had it in him, but goddamnit, he was furious! Clearing his throat, he was prepared to leave, but he couldn't, not like this. So, he took a moment to calm himself. "I'm.. sorry. I didn't mean to snap. I just- I don't understand and- Can you look at me while I'm speaking, please."

"I'm trying to tell you," responded Kol sharply before his head hung, not meeting his gaze. "I didn't think that I would get caught," he confessed, tone full of guilt, "I didn't think that your life would be in jeopardy. Believe me, if I knew that you'd be in danger, I would have been more careful or strayed away, but Chinook, you need to meet with Frode. Tell me you will. It'll be more clear then." Again with this Frode.

The male inhaled sharply before nodding. "I'll find him I-" Turning to face Eneida, he glanced back to his father. "I can't stay for much longer." Chinook was afraid then, not angry, not sad, but feareful. This might be the last time that he'd see- Kol seemed to have read his son's mind, for he approached once more. "It'll be alright," he soothed, "I have confidence in you, I always have. I heard you stand up to Colm, you'll be just fine."

Without me, his sentence seemed to say.

"Whatever my punishment will be, I am proud to be your father. Remember that. And I know your mother is proud of you as well." It was an odd thing to hear mention of his mother. The two hardly spoke about her, for she had died when he was under a year old, though when he was younger, he recalled small glimpses of her, so the sentence struck him as quite meaningful. "I don't want to leave," Chinook mumbled then, whining like a pup again before glancing at Eneida once more. "I'll try.. I'll try and figure out a way to help you," he added on, though deep down, both Chinook and Kol knew that there was little he could do, but his father nodded in agreement anyways. "You go, son, I'll be just fine."

Chinook eyed his father for a few moments before nodding, pressing his forehead against Kol's for the final time before turning away, not looking back.

"I'm ready to go now," he told Eneida as he approached. He had gotten all of his answers, the rest he was confident this Frode could explain.

Polly x TeneOctober 21, 2021 06:30 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃
Eneida
⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒⌇⌇ ⟒⋏⟒⟟⎅⏃

'Make them regret this,' were the words Chinook uttered to her, and she didn't need to vocalize the fact that she very much intended to. The guards had not only injured, nearly killed, a prisoner, but they had directly disobeyed her previous orders. Kol, although a prisoner, was an important dog. He was needed for further investigations, needed to answer further questions. And she would be damned if she let him die in this hellhole.

"I am going to ask questions. You are not permitted to speak unless it is to answer the questions," she stated as she stalked towards the gathering of guards. "Am I understood?" A few nods met her words, and she kept her face blank for only a moment, before her maw wrinkled and she bared her teeth directly in front of the canids.

"Fantastic," she hissed, lifting her head and shoving her ears forward. "Who the hell gave you permission to hurt the prisoners?" She paused, waiting for an answer. There wasn't one. "Well?"

"Uh- No one-" Someone answered, flinching beneath her gaze when it darted across to him.

"No one gave us permission," another said, voice shaking.

"No one hurt the prisoners," a third snarled, daring to step forward towards her. "How dare you make accusa-"

Eneida lashed out quicker then any of them could see, or any of them bothered to see. Her teeth latched around the dogs maw, pushing her chest towards the floor, dragging him down with her until his legs gave out beneath the sudden change in his centre of gravity. When he was on the floor beneath her, she spat his muzzle out, putting a paw on his shoulder and uttering a growl against his throat before she lifted her head.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that," she snapped, digging her teeth into his cheek in a swift movement when he tried to talk back. "And don't you dare lie to me. If none of you have hurt the prisoners, then what in Gods name has happened to Kol and Colm? How in the name of everything holy has Kol gotten that injured if you didn't hurt them?"

The male, intelligently, remained silent as she turned her attention to another dog.

"So," she started again, keeping a paw on the canids shoulder to keep him on the ground. "No one gave you permission, hmm? No higher-up? Not the, say, King or Queen? Not any of their court?" Multiple dogs shook their heads, and her smile was venomous and sharp, voice dangerously sweet when she next spoke.

"So, why did you do it?"

"The traitor deserves it-" One spat, shrinking beneath her gaze. She gave him no time to prepare, or to run away, before she slammed him into the wall behind him with her own body, growl stuttering with the impact.

"Talk like that will get your rights to speak revoked," she snarled, allowing her threat to hang in the air, watching their eyes dart to the ground when her own swept over them.

"Sorry, Princess," the male sandwiched between her and the wall muttered, and she released the pressure, watching him slide down to the ground with short, gasping breaths.

"Just a reminder," she stated softly, managing to draw their attention to her with her soft tone as she picked her way across the two dogs laying on the floor. "That you are still considered missing if there is no body found." She looked up at them, grin bright. "And if I get reports of this kind of thing again, or if I come here and witness it first hand, or if you ever disobey me again, or if you ever touch my goddamn prisoners again," she paused, gaze dancing across their shocked faces. "You will be considered missing forever."

There was no need to finish her threat. She knew they understood.

"Do not touch my goddamn prisoners." Her tone was a snarl, and she turned her face slightly to acknowledge the lingering presence of Chinook. She didn't know how much he had heard, but she didn't really care, twisting her neck around to peer at Colm's cell, shaking her head. "And, whichever dumbass put those two next to each other, you're on yard duty. I want Colm moved away from Kol."

She watched as they began moving, smiling snarkily at them. "And I want Kol's injuries seen to. He will not be dying under my care, am I understood?"

"Yes, Princess," came the droned words.

Eneida nodded sharply, looking back at Chinook.

"We can go now."

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us