I suppose that means you customized at least one lmao
 Continental Wolves
12:23:48 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Techno
Dammit, that also won't load for me e,e let me switch to my computer real quick
 Luna🌕
12:23:27 Silver (She/her)
Bau
Mine is also on crack but also manages to get heroin and abou 7 other kinds I canÂ’t keep track of XDone time I was trying to text my friend a name of a character (one of theirs) and it corrected to heroin
 Continental Wolves
12:23:00 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Bao Buns
Uhh I'm not sure which one that is, I was so sleep deprived yesterday I hardly remember what I did that day
 Salem
12:22:36 Rumi
new gear >:3
-WP Click-
Finally she gets something
 technoblade
12:22:34 Lil Techy | Techno
Emmet

then there's two things to tell you XD

Guess what the next ones going to be: -Click-
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:21:40 Bau
Ems

The one we were talking about yesterday
 Continental Wolves
12:21:17 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Techno
For some reason I can't post on any forums while I'm on my iPad >.>
Just know I'm lurking ...
Bao Buns
Which one?
 technoblade
12:20:50 Lil Techy | Techno
Bau

yup makes sense
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:20:06 Bau
Techno

Crack, unfortunately- I'm not on my normal device due to a few things and this one just doesn't know my weird slang I suppose
 technoblade
12:19:28 Lil Techy | Techno
Emmet!

Bau

WHEEZE! Floor seeks!? What the hell is your auto correct on?
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:19:08 Bau
I hate this device..
Ems***
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:18:57 Bau
Woah
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:18:39 Bau
Email!
Did you ever get round to customizing that stud?
 Continental Wolves
12:16:32 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
You have logged in 313 days in a row
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:16:11 Bau
Floof sneks should under no circumstances correct to that
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:15:46 Bau
Techno

Floor seeks, I've yet to name mine still, sadly
 Serpents
12:15:10 Waterfall,Zane,Pixal
I mean least now im on the dom pack leader board XD my pack happiness is still shit but..
 technoblade
12:14:46 Lil Techy | Techno
Bau

Finally showing off how fluffy they are and taking the wings off for now. Mainly focusing on non-winged ones cause so far none of the moodboards I have make me wanna add em XD
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:12:45 Bau
Techno

No way!! Aaa, nomnomnom, I've eaten ittt

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Grizzly Bear : +1
Green Python : +4
Coyote : +4
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Heavy Rain

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   8 

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENAugust 28, 2024 09:42 AM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award

Kethryll'ia Iliyanbruen Lécuyer

Heir [ Apprentice ] | Male | Eighteen | Mentions : His Mother, Cyrus, Esen, Other Apprentices ( indirectly ) & Akith’ki

The young man stood apart from the celebration, in a way he wasn't in the mood to be an honored guest. He felt a bit more somber, though his father sacrificed himself for what could be seen as a noble cause - it didn't rest well with him. Not to mention, him and his father parted on less than accepting terms which bore a hole in his heart. And he pursed his lip in discomfort, he should be happy - celebrating with the others, but here he was lingering in the shadows, trying his best not to be seen. It definitely was a pity because he quite liked how he looked tonight, his mother had certainly made him look more elegant than reflecting a warrior. His hair was braided into one thick plait ; fragrant flowers and flowering herbs decorated it, and then he had gotten a crown of flowers from one of the younger clan members as a gift and he couldn't say no. The little one had put on the puppy dog eyes, and he was rendered helpless against them ; and the young male was adorned with golden tribal facial paint, and on his exposed back, there was a giant golden sun - it was intricate, one that clearly took time to paint and it had to be one of his favorite body decorations. His mother had even went so far as to pierce his ears, and the fangs of a unnamed creature stuck out from them, and he wore golden bracelets on each of his arm, and they were all the way up to his forearm, each being carefully crafted . And to set off the look were the golden hoops adorning his neck - they were a bit heavy but they were beautiful, it was a gift - from his father, before their relationship soured. And he touched the metal absentmindedly. The sounds of chatter and laughter reached his ears, he was glad the clan was in high spirits. Maybe he should try to be in them as well, and stop sulking in the corner. This was a celebration of things to come, their future, he couldn't change what had been said and done between him and his father before his death, but he could at least try and honor him in these trails. And that is what he is going to do, make sure he achieved his best at these trials. He peered around the corner, and softly smiled at the sight of his clanmates.

Esen looked about two seconds from passing out of awkwardness, and he felt her pain, he probably should go say hello. He then decided to make his move, he walked over to find his mother - the Chieftess. A polite smile plastered on his face, and his posture straightened - he walked smoothly as he reached his destination. The soft jangles of the bells on his sandals being muffled by the thrumming of the drums. His eyes, lazily scanned the crowd again, wondering if he would notice anything new, and he spotted Akith’ki , one of his peers, and he took in the young man's appearance, and couldn't help but think he cleaned up rather nicely for the event. Even from where he stood, he could see the features of him rather distinctly - he had grown taller from the last time he saw him, and he had a bit more muscle to him. Thes lb heat of the day causing sweat to outline it more obviously on the older male, he couldn't help but feel the heat rise in his cheeks, was it the fire and humidity of the late evening - yes, he would have to blame it on that. And if one said that his face was turning a shade of red because of embarrassment at the silly thought then he'd be denying it. He noticed a beautiful depiction of the sun on the male, it being in a locker vermillion hue, different than his golden one, but definitely beautiful. It was a curious thing that both of them had decided to wear sun markings, he was probably thinking too much of it. Was the fumes of the smoke getting to his head ? That's when he was met with the amethyst colored eyes of the male, they seemed to sparkle as the light of the pyres caught them, not to mention the reddish undertones of the males earthen hair was more visible under the light, and he couldn't help but being frozen under the other's gaze, their eyes locking for what seemed like an eternity in his mind, his lips pursing, and he could feel the heat slowly traveling to his ears and the thrumming of his heart matching the sound of the drums, shit, he mentally curses, a rare thing, he had been caught staring, if asked later about it, then he'd blame it on the light of the flames and mead ( even though he hadn't even had a cup just yet ). He shamefully turned his face away, and made it a point to make himself disappear, and he found his way to the table where the food and drinks were, and gingerly grabbed a cup of mead. He couldn't let these thoughts plague him, he had more important things to focus on, and besides - this was just wishful thinking on his part, it was one-sided - right ?

He took a swig of his drink, and his finger anxiously tapped the cup - the sweet liquid traveling through his mouth, and a slight satisfying warm burning sensation came afterwards. It was a good feeling, one that made him feel a bit more relaxed - and he took another taste of the drink, before he eventually finished it , and then another, until he was halfway through his third cup of mead. He stared into the amber liquid, and regretted his decision immediately. Rather than drinking this, he probably should he focused on eating, after all he was getting a bit peckish at the moment - and so he quickly downed the rest of his mead , and made his way over to the food. And that's when he realized much to his horror, that Akith’ki, whom at this point he has been trying to avoid was there and eating a piece of meat. He could feel the sweat of his anxiousness starting to form, and he decided to play it cool and so he calmly walked over and got himself some of the bird as well. He bit into a piece of meat, and hummed in satisfaction as the flavors met his tongue - they had outdone themselves this ceremony. And he bounced a little on the hells of his feet, still feeling a bit jittery. He then found himself aimlessly looking around the crowd, and that's when he spotted Cyrus, slinking around the shadows - and his eyes narrowed slightly, the man was staring at his mother and he didn't seem to have a good expression while doing so, moreso one that showed irritability. And he could feel his blood boil at the sight, he felt the urge to go and pour a drink on him, but his mother wouldn't approve at all and he didn't want to resort to petty actions during a time in which they were supposed to be celebrating and enjoying themselves. It would be quite the selfish thing to do at that moment ; he had to keep his composure, and he would do so - not to embarrass himself or his family by acting unsavory.

He exhaled an annoyed breath ; trying to calm himself. And continued to eat his piece of bird, he looked at Aktith'ki , and stood silently for a moment, unsure why it was so hard to start a conversation with the male. But he needed to, after all it would be awkward if he didn't - especially since they were mutual friends with Sarolta. And besides it would be impolite to just stand there and say nothing. So he would attempt to do something. He gave a playful nudge to the side of the taller male as a way to get his attention .

" You excited for the trials ? " he asked plainly, a slightly excited in his tone - his voice sweeter than normal, maybe it was the mead taking its affect but he did feel a bit warmer, " I know I am, while it may be about bringing an ancient tradition back. I just want to bring honor to my home and family ; and maybe, just maybe, we may be blessed by the dragons to achieve our full nature again. After all, why should we be punished for the haughtiness of our ancestors. " he spoke, a slight bitterness in his tone, but also a slight hint of hope there as well, he turned to the male, a smile on his face, " I hope I'm not rambling, I may have had a bit too much mead, " and he gave a mischievous laugh before cleaning himself down, " so, what are your thoughts on the events to come ? "

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENAugust 28, 2024 11:15 AM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Koa Revin || Warrior || M: Catori, Other Warriors, Apprentices (Ind)

The festivities started as parties usually did when it came to Koa: after being cornered by young clan members pestering him for stories, he would dramatically pause and turn away before whipping down to face them and snarling, "Do you know how I got these scars?" And then he would proceed to pull something out of thin air, like fighting a dragon god or a sea monster. The story changed every time, and he was almost positive that the majority of the clan's children now considered him to have selective amnesia. And perhaps he did; after his group had completed the ice dragon trial, he'd slipped and fallen into the dark abyss of the next challenge, where he supposed he'd run into a bogge. The rest of the trials were a jumbled mess of memories and missing pockets.

Ah, well; all the better to make stories out of. The scars won from battle now provided an extra dramatic overlay to his torn body, and his victories made up somewhat for whatever failings had happened during the trials. He was confident in his abilities to beat up a bogge in the rare event of coming into contact with one again. But now, the children had moved on, and so had Koa's train of thought. He'd joined up with some of the other warriors and was enjoying a drink and heaping plate of food. He was hardly ever hungry during the heat of the day, and he wasn't much of a breakfast eater during the warmer months either, which left him absolutely ravenous in the evenings.

Koa leaned back against one of the tables and observed the apprentices for a time. Their adorned frames held quite a spectrum of emotions, though most seemed to express at least a little anticipation of what was to come. He caught a few glimpses of his many nieces and debated going over to congratulate them, but he was sidetracked as their lieutenant walked up. He raised his mug with a "Hey!" and laughed at her expressed hope of them all showing some decorum. "Ma'am, this is a festival. All good behavior went out the window once the sun food came out!"

He grinned at her, his smile lopsided in favor of the non-scarred half of his face. The lights bounced off his green eyes, adding to the playful gleam they held. Koa took another swig of the ale and bit into one of the slabs of meat he'd snagged from the table. He could hold his liquor well, but maybe he ought to find some water to wash down all the food; he didn't want to end up tipsy enough for another forgotten section of life. Once was enough for him, thank you very much.

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENAugust 28, 2024 01:30 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Aelion Nyrandor
Apprentice || Mentions: Sarolta
Indirectly Mentions: Esen, Others

Aelion lingered at the edge of the celebration, arms crossed and eyes narrowed as he surveyed the scene. The warmth of the day clung to the night, and the air was thick with the mingling scents of roasted meats and fragrant flowers. The beat of drums pulsed through the crowd, and from where he stood, he could see most dancing, mingling, and enjoying the feast. However, Aelion wasn’t interested in the festivities. His mind was elsewhere, occupied with thoughts of the trials and how to prepare for them. He had been ready for this all his life, but as the time drew near, a silent panic began to take hold. It was all happening too soon, and the pressure was overwhelming.

It seemed he wasn't the only one. His eyes settled on Esen, who appeared lost in thought, likely pondering the trials. At least she was scanning the crowd, gearing up to socialize—putting in more effort than he ever did. From the start of the celebration, Aelion had kept his distance. He wouldn't refuse company, but he wasn't exactly seeking it out either.

The stress gnawed at him, driving him toward the outskirts of the gathering, intent on slipping away unnoticed. The idea of finding some quiet corner, away from the noise and the people, became increasingly appealing. He just wanted to be alone, to clear his head and shake off the unease that clung to him. Quieter moments were where he found solace, where he could think without interruption.

But as he made his move and turned a corner, lost in his thoughts, he collided with someone. The impact was slight, just enough to jolt him back to reality. He looked up, ready to mutter an apology, only to realize that the person he’d bumped into was Sarolta. For a brief moment, a flicker of recognition passed across his face, but it quickly vanished.

His gaze drifted over her, almost absentmindedly. He recalled seeing her earlier, moving gracefully among the dancers, her steps light and effortless as she swayed to the music. Seeing her now tugged at something in his chest, though he quickly pushed the feeling aside.

They weren’t speaking anymore. Friends once, but now something far more complicated—enemies, they said, though that word never quite felt right to him. He had convinced himself that distance was necessary, that it was better this way. But now, standing face to face with her, he couldn’t help but feel a pang of regret. Sadness, anger, guilt—all mingled into a bitter cocktail that made his head spin more than the strongest of drinks.

The collision had been an accident, nothing more, but it had brought them face to face for the first time in what felt like ages. Aelion’s expression remained neutral, his usual stoic demeanor firmly in place. He gave a small nod, a gesture that could have been an apology or just a simple acknowledgment. “My fault,” he muttered, his voice carrying little emotion. Then, after a brief pause, a hint of bitterness emerged. “Though you could watch where you’re dancing.”

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENAugust 28, 2024 01:47 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Sarolta Cimmerian

Apprentice | Mentions: Aelion

Indirectly: Akith’ki

Sarolta moved gracefully to the beat of the drums, her body swaying effortlessly amid the celebration. She was a vision of captivating beauty, adorned with fragrant flowers that mingled with her natural dark scent, creating a heady blend of perfume that drifted on the warm night air. Her porcelain skin was accentuated by intricate body paint, a mesmerizing display of reds, purples, and blues that swirled together in fluid patterns, highlighting the graceful lines of her lithe figure and the powerful precision of her movements.

For a brief moment, Sarolta seemed to float with the music. The mead she had consumed earlier infused her veins, fueling her movements and heightening her senses. Her eyes were closed and her mind was quiet, fully absorbed by the rhythm of the music and the surrounding laughter. She swirled and twirled, her feet carrying her faster and faster, lost in the dance. As she spun, the reds, purples, and blues merged into a deep, rich purple that gave the illusion of bruises scattered across her porcelain skin. The effect was both striking and unsettling

As she danced, Sarolta felt the weight of someone's gaze on her. Opening her eyes, she met Akith’ki’s intense stare, their eyes meeting across the crowd. For a few fleeting moments, she held his gaze, her movements becoming even more deliberate. But just as quickly as the connection was made, she was swept away by the crowd, disappearing back into the sea of bodies.

It didn’t surprise her when she collided with a random body in her path, her rhythm faltering for just a split second before she regained her composure. Her pale green eyes locked onto Aelion with a mixture of challenge and amusement. "Aelion," she purred, her voice smooth and measured, each word laced with an underlying edge. She took a step closer as his bitter tone echoed in her ears, her vibrant paint and floral fragrance mingling with the air between them. Her hand floated up to his shoulder, plucking a stray petal from him with a touch that was light and deliberate, her fingers lazily gliding down his arm.

Her head tilted slightly, a predatory movement. "You may think that distancing yourself will keep you happy," she paused, leaning in closer so only he could hear, "but we both know that's not how this works." Her tone softened, almost mockingly, as if the matter was both familiar and frustratingly simple. At his remark, her grin turned feline. “And as for watching where I’m dancing,” she extended a painted hand toward him, her voice a subtle purr laced with sharpness, “well, as if you could do any better. Why don’t you come and show me?”

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENAugust 28, 2024 01:49 PM

Nevaehina's Den

Neutral

Give Award
Eirlys Myrsky
Apprentice || F || 18
M: Apprentices (Ind.), Niabi (Ind.), Syllivanna, Other
~

Eirlys was a buzz with energy, the festive atmosphere fuelling her happy mood and diminishing her worried thoughts. After all, it was an evening to relax and celebrate before she accompanied the rest of the apprentices on the trials. So far, her favorite part of the festival has been where they all get adorned with various flora and colorful decorations. She had taken to mentally naming each of the flora during the more formal part of the celebration, taking pride in being able to identify nearly all with ease. Her mother had helped her to get ready prior to the festival, painting designs that paid homage to Eirlys' grandmother using colors of black, green, and white. Her pierced ears were decorated with delicate silver earrings that had small black feathers dangling from them.

She had spent the early part of the festival being a more presentable little lady, thanking anyone who wished her luck on the trials, etc. But the rhythm of drums was making her feet itch, spurring her to break from the other apprentices and approach the younger clan members. Some were already having fun, dancing to the music. She easily joined in as she kept with the beat, laughing along with the young ones. Nearly all the flowers in her raven hair had fallen out from the movement though she didn't mind.

Perhaps it was childish of her to join them, to act so carefree. However, this was the only way to fight the troublesome thoughts at the back of her mind. She was trained, and skilled in a few aspects, though that did little to ease her nerves regarding the trials. Her vibrant green eyes scanned the area for the apprentices, noting where they were for the moment. They were a strong group, well-rounded too. Hopefully, she wouldn't let them down. And more than anything, she prayed that they'd all return together.

Her gaze subconsciously sought out the familiar figure of her grandmother, her mind knowing that just simply seeing her calm nature would soothe Eirlys overthinking. As much as she wanted to go to her grandmother, she refrained from going to the Elder with her unnecessary fears. Tonight, she’ll have fun. Tonight, she wouldn’t worry. Or at the very least try not to worry too much. And she wouldn’t let her doubts ruin the fun either.

Having made up her mind, she sought out her best friend and fellow Shaman apprentice, Syllivanna. She left the young ones to their dancing, now being quite parched and hot. She grabbed a mug of mead, taking a tentative sip before heading over to Syllivanna. “Hey, Sylli, having any fun?” Her tone carried the sincerity of the question, while she had her usual playful air about her.

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENAugust 29, 2024 03:53 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Timah Mausi Wyanetta Revin
Apprentice | Female | Mentions: Apprentices [Ind.], Others [Ind.]

Pools of rich turqoise that rivaled the brightest of gems peered among those there celebrating, a look of silent amusement lightening her features. Timah's long blonde hair was worn down, a prisitine flower crown she had spun herself sitting atop her head loosely, while other flowers were in small braid throughout her straight hair. Nimble fingers picked gently at the hem of her sleeves, the frayed fabric there showing the nerves that were building in the young woman.

Timah knew would many others would not say aloud: she was not fit for the trials. She was soft, gentle, and had no experience in hunting, fighting, or anything that trials likely required. But here she was regardless, though she wasn't sure if it was out of duty or out of some innate desire to prove herself. She wasn't her brother, though. Timah revered her older brother, Koa, his strength and skill as a warrior, and admired him deeply. Yet, she was nothing likely him except in appearance.

Instinctively her eyes drifted where she spied her brother, who seemed relatively jovial, and it allowed a smile to stretch across her lips. She had to make him proud if nothing else.

Turning, Timah made her way to an area several paces from the cluster of dancing clanmates, and settled down into a chair. She considered joining the ones dancing, but she was not graceful or practiced enough to not make a fool of herself, so she settled for watching with quiet eyes. Truly, she'd prefer it if she had brought a book, and could find a secluded corner to read. Or perhaps admire the different floral arrangements created for the event, but she didn't want to draw any unwanted attention to herself. So she sat for now.

Her dress draped over her willowy frame, the dark brown material mimic the rich soils of the earth, with different beads of green and blue sewn into it's simple skirt. The long sleeves hung off her shoulders and reached down passed her fingers, and she often had to push them up when doing anything. It wasn't her nicest dress, but it was her favorite, and has been a comfort pick. The waist of the dress was cinched tightly to her, allowing her relatively flat chest to appear more filled out in the top that ended a bit below her collar bones. Her feet were glad in a comfortable pair of strappy sandled, their dark turqoise color slightly scuffed off from use. But, Timah still felt rather pretty in the simple get up, and was much more comfortable in the flowy skirt of the dress than she would have been in fitting pants and a shirt.

Brushing blonde hair over her shoulder, Timah looked down to the hand folded in her lap and pursed her lips thoughtfully. What would the trials be like?
Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENAugust 29, 2024 05:26 AM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Akith’ki Terosh | Apprentice | Mentions:

Directly Kethryll’ia Indirectly Sarolta, Aelion,

Akith’ki had drawn his eyes away from the heir to watch as Sarolta flitted out of the dancing group, slipping into the shadowy part of the clearing across from him. His foot took a small shuffled step forwards, instinct to go after her. She had looked at him, in that twirling flurry, it made something in him want to follow her. Yet, he took no further steps towards her. Aelion had rounded a corner and they had collided. Akith’ki’s eyes blinked slowly as he watched the interaction, honing in on them. He knew about their past together, Aelion was like a brother to him, he had seen them come together and then rip apart with a vengeance he avoided like a wildfire. With his attention completely taken by the pair across from him, he did not notice the heir creep up beside him to get a meal. Instead, Akith’ki’s eyes narrowed as he watched Sarolta draw her fingers down Aelion’s arm, his own arms flexing, only displaying his muscles more.

That was when Akith’ki felt the nudge in his side, completely taken by surprise, the man jumped slightly, his hands moving to his front, half forming a guard before he realised who it was. His purple eyes snapping down to the younger man, his shock at the sudden appearance of the nobility clear on his face. He turned his body to face Kethryll’ia as the heir spoke, he had to crane his head down slightly to be able to see the man properly. He gave a small, appropriate nod of his head in respectful greeting to Kethryll’ia. Listening attentively to his future leader’s words as they came, and came they did, the young man was rambling a little. And at that thought Kethryll’ia commented the same before giving a laugh to accompany his words. Akith’ki shook his head adamantly, he would listen to whatever the man wanted to say to him, out of respect and perhaps something else he wasn’t aware of.

“I don’t know if excited is the term I would use, but yes I am…” He contemplated his next words carefully. “I am honoured to be commencing tomorrow, especially on such a momentous trial journey.” Akith’ki offered before stammering for a moment. “By which I mean, that you are gracing us with your company.” The tall man cleared his throat, he wished there was another drink other than mead nearby.

“I believe that it will be difficult, there is no doubt about that. But the opportunity to develop into esteemed members of our tribe together is a blessing.” Akith’ki attempted a smile, but it ended up crooked and not quite wide enough. He did not spend much time talking to others, beside Elariel and Aelion. Not many people approached him, not that he minded. He suspected his father’s constant looming presence had something to do with that. He looked across the clearing to where his father was glowering at the Chieftess, now left alone that Catori had departed to join her warriors. His eyes narrowed ever so slightly, he reached a hand up to his jaw and shifted the skin there, relaxing the muscle along the sharp bone.

“Besides, that is what I was trained for. A weapon to defend you.” Akith’ki turned his attention back towards the heir, his eyes flashing in the movement as the orange light caught them. “A-And Ivan, of course. You are both extremely important.” He amended quickly, not before it was obvious that the older heir was a secondary thought.

Edited at August 30, 2024 05:26 AM by Urux
Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENAugust 29, 2024 10:50 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Aelion Nyrandor
Apprentice || Mentions: Sarolta
Indirectly Mentions: Esen, Syllivanna, Akith’ki, Timah

Aelion’s gaze remained steady as Sarolta closed the distance between them, her movements deliberate and confident. He stood still, unmoved by the challenge in her pale green eyes, even as she reached up and plucked a stray petal from his shoulder. Her fingers glided down his arm, the touch light and deliberate, almost mocking in its tenderness. He barely reacted, only the slight tightening of his jaw betraying any sign that he’d even noticed the gesture. It was typical of her—bold, unafraid to test boundaries. Aelion resisted the urge to brush off the lingering sensation of her touch, keeping his expression neutral.

Sarolta’s voice echoed in his ears as she leaned closer. Her words hung in the air between them, and for a moment, Aelion considered simply walking away. It would have been easy enough to leave her standing there, hand outstretched, waiting for a response that would never come. But then she smirked, that familiar feline grin, and extended her painted hand toward him with a challenge in her voice.

He’d spent the entire evening trying to escape, seeking a quiet corner where he could clear his head from the noise, the pressure, and the overwhelming thoughts that refused to leave him alone. But now she was here, blocking his path, refusing to let him slip away unnoticed.

The memory of their last confrontation still lingered in the back of his mind, the bitterness, the sharp words exchanged. The hatred. He didn’t need to be reminded of how things had changed between them. It was easier to keep his distance, to pretend that she didn’t matter. But Sarolta had always had a way of pushing him, of forcing him into situations he didn’t want to be in. And this was no different.

Aelion’s first instinct was to refuse. He wasn’t interested in this game, this back-and-forth that had defined their interactions for so long. But something stopped him. Perhaps it was the way she looked at him, daring him to rise to the challenge, or maybe it was the sudden realization that walking away now would be admitting defeat. He didn’t like losing, especially not to her.

With a short, resigned breath, he reached out and took her hand, his grip firm but impassive around her own. “Fine,” he muttered, his tone edged with reluctance. The grip was light but not affectionate, more an acceptance of a challenge than a gesture of connection. He wasn’t here to dance with her—he was here to prove a point, whatever that point might be. This was just a dance, nothing more. He would go through the motions, prove his point, and then move on. There was nothing more to it. But even as he told himself that, he could feel a familiar tension gnawing at him, a tension that had always been there whenever Sarolta was involved.

They began to move, falling into step with the beat of the drums that pulsed through the air. Aelion kept his movements precise, controlled, refusing to let her see anything more than what he wanted her to. He wasn’t doing this to rekindle their old friendship or to indulge in whatever game she was playing. No, this was about proving her wrong, about showing her that he wasn’t affected by her presence, that he could keep his distance even while being this close.

He kept his eyes upon her out of sheer stubbornness. He wasn’t about to let her see any weakness, any hint that her presence unsettled him. He knew what she was doing, trying to get under his skin, to draw out some kind of reaction. But Aelion wasn’t going to give her the satisfaction. He’d built up walls, strong and unyielding, and he wasn’t about to let her tear them down.

The rhythm of the dance pulled them closer, their movements more fluid and in sync as the music swelled around them. It was just a dance, and when it was over, he would walk away, leave her behind, and find that quiet corner he’d been seeking. But even as he tried to convince himself of that, there was a part of him, deep down, that knew it wasn’t that simple. Sarolta had always been more than just a friend, more than just an enemy. She was a challenge, a force that he couldn’t quite ignore, no matter how hard he tried. And now, here she was again, drawing him in despite every instinct telling him to keep his distance.

Sarolta’s movements were graceful, her steps light and seemingly effortless, but Aelion matched her pace with a deliberate precision that left little room for error. He wasn’t here to admire her skill or to get lost in the rhythm of the music. This was about holding his own, about showing her that he wasn’t the type to be easily rattled, no matter how close she stood or how confidently she moved.

Here he was, dragged back into the thick of it by the very person he’d been trying to avoid. Sarolta’s presence was a complication, an irritation he hadn’t planned on dealing with tonight. And yet, he found himself here, locked in this dance with her, his body moving almost on autopilot as his mind wrestled with the weight of his own thoughts.

Every time Sarolta’s hand brushed against his, every time she moved closer, he forced himself to maintain that stoic façade. There was a part of him that wanted to shove her away, to retreat back to the solitude he craved, but that would be giving her the satisfaction of seeing him flinch. And Aelion didn’t flinch.

The crowd’s murmurs and laughter buzzed around them, but Aelion barely registered it. His focus was on maintaining that distance, on keeping whatever was simmering beneath the surface from boiling over. He wouldn’t let Sarolta get under his skin—not tonight, not ever. Whatever connection they had once shared, he was determined to bury it all beneath layers of indifference and detachment.

His grip on her hand remained steady, guiding her through the steps with an almost mechanical precision. Or was she guiding him? He couldn’t tell. The challenge she had issued, that sly invitation to prove himself, had been met, but Aelion wasn’t about to let her think she’d won anything. This dance was a battle of wills, a silent contest where neither would emerge victorious, but neither would back down.

As the dance continued, Aelion couldn’t help but notice the subtle changes in Sarolta’s expression, the way her eyes flickered with something he couldn’t quite place. He didn’t dwell on it, though. Whatever it was, it wasn’t his concern. She had her reasons for challenging him, just as he had his reasons for accepting, but beyond that, he refused to read into it.

When the dance finally neared its end, Aelion’s grip loosened slightly, signaling that this little encounter was drawing to a close. He kept his gaze locked on hers, his expression still unreadable. He could feel the weight of the unspoken words hanging in the air, but he wasn’t about to break the silence first.

As the final beats of the drums echoed through the night, Aelion lingered for a moment before releasing her hand, moving it instead to a loose strand of her hair. Curling it around his finger, he blinked before taking a small step back to reclaim his space. He gave a curt nod, a gesture that could have been an acknowledgment of the dance or simply a signal that it was over. “There,” he said, his voice low and flat. “Satisfied?”

Without waiting for a response, he turned on his heel, already intent on making his exit once more. This time, he was determined to find that quiet corner, to shake off the tension that had only grown since the dance began. Sarolta had wanted to see if he could do better, and he had, but Aelion wasn’t about to linger. Perhaps he would find Esen, or even Syllivanna. They always were a safe space for him, and he needed that now. Or maybe he’d search for Akith’ki, who was practically a brother to him, having grown up together. Then again, a quick glance his way told him that Akith’ki was occupied, currently speaking to Kethryll’ia. Ah, there. Timah. He could approach her, but oh, she looked deep in thought. Did he want to disturb her?

As he walked away, he pushed down the thoughts that threatened to rise to the surface, the ones that questioned why he had agreed to dance in the first place. He told himself it was just a matter of pride, of not letting her have the last word. But deep down, buried under layers of denial and stubbornness, Aelion knew there was more to it. He just wasn’t ready to face that yet. Not tonight.

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENAugust 30, 2024 12:33 AM

Sanania

Neutral

Give Award

Syllivanna Zylqirelle

Apprentice
Mentions: Eirlys (dir) Catori, Cyrus, Akith’ki, Kethryll'ia, Esen, Koa, Sarolta, Aelion, Other apprentices (ind)

The preparations for tonight's festivities had long begun into the day prior. The tribe it would seem had truly outdone itself this year. The night was still much into its youthful hours of beginning but today had drawn something out of Syllivanna. Despite her generally quiet and docile nature whether it had been the wine she had partaken or the rhythmic pounding of the drums; she felt stronger, more powerful than the timid female she was only a day ago.

Earlier into the day she had selected to wear a tasteful backless cami crop top that plunged down between her breast, merely upheld by two thin straps above her shoulders, a single loose thin string across her back kept the garment in place as its material lightly flowed beneath her breasts. Her top was paired with a form-fitted skirt that left little to the imagination with laced sandals that reached just below the knee. The paint she bore consisted of thin streaks of white paint lining her arms stopping at her wrists and thick streaks of white paint lining the sides of her waist thinning her all the more against the shadows that loomed against the firelight. She beared silver streaks along the center of her chest intermingled with white and black. Small black handprints littered her thighs courtesy of the tribe's children whom she adored to spend a decent portion of her time caring for. Only two blue hand prints upon her shoulders would remain the only piece of colored paint upon her body courtesy of Catori. Along her spine silver and greyish-black painted streaks would be found shimmering against the firelight fiercely to match those of her face. On her face small silver streaks of paint circled around her right eye mimicking something similar to dragon scales, and a similar pattern of black would match upon her left eye. The markings from afar would appear to be twins to the last quarter moon and all the more allow the true colorations of her bi-colored eyes to stand out more, when kept away from the firelight, seeing as their pale pigmentation would be engulfed by the red-orange hue of the flames that danced wildly around the apprentices. Flower petals littered her body with a single hibiscus flower resting itself tucked behind her left ear. The scent of such floral attire intermingled with the lavender and cinnamon fragrance of her own. Her ears were littered with small silver hoops that hugged against the edges of her ears.

She could sense the growing tension within everyone. While this ceremony served as a celebration for them, perhaps one of the only celebrations outside of a wedding ceremony, it would fail to drown out the many thoughts of impending death or perhaps failure to bring back our full form. Syllivanna didn’t allow such thoughts to permeate or swirl in her mind. She was incredibly fortunate to have trained beneath Catori being a near twin to her shadow. She was confident in her ability and those of the others who would be joining her. Everyone had something to bring to the trials whether it was cleverness or physical strength.

Much like the others Syl had also curled into the shadows observing and watching the joy of the tribe; dancing, feasting, talking, children playing. She read into the disappointing gaze of Cyrus upon Akith’ki, gave an approving nod to the golden paint littering Kethryll'ia, Timah seated not very far drowned in thought, and noted Esen being the first of the apprentices to truly move to the feasting table and watched as all the others followed, those including herself.

She had smiled and nodded toward her cousin Esen, grabbing her own share of four spare ribs, some vegetables, and a portion of potatoes. Finding her corner again to consume her meal in peace swaying her skull tastefully to the music. After some time finishing her meal she would return to another table to find Catori and Koa exchanging conversation as well as find Akith’ki and Kethryll’ia engaged in a similar conversation of sorts at the prior table she stopped at earlier. She would fill her cup with more wine and slink over sure as a flame and gave a smile and wink toward Catori before disappearing once more.

Her wine had nearly spilled out of her nose when she had caught a glimpse of the early interaction between Sarolta and Aelion. The tips of her pointed ears grew rather hot as well as likely drooped down the slightest bit as a knot would now sit at the center of her throat threatening to constrict. She shouldn’t have been as surprised when Aelion had accepted the female's offer to dance. Everyone knew of the pair's history, it would be a miracle for someone not to know of the alleged falling out afterward.

“Hey, Sylli, having any fun?” The familiar vocals would hit her near flaming ears as she did her best to mask whatever emotion was attempting to seep its way out of her, perking her pointed ears once more.

Clearing her throat and running the back of her hand beneath her nose to ensure the remenants of her drink didn't escape her nostrils. She would wear a warm smile as her gaze was now directed toward her shaman companion, Eirlys.

“Eiri! The night is young, I may find more fun to come soon enough.” She gestured jokingly to Eirlys, nudging the female with an elbow.

“Your paint suits you my friend.” She’d add studying the black, white, and green, near twin colorations to herself.

Eirlys knew virtually everything there was to know about Syl, spending endless hours together learning all things there was to know about a variety of herbs, flowers, and fauna. Esen would also know all there was to Syl as well. The three were actually unsurprisingly very close. Drowning herself in a third cup of wine she would gesture to her friend.

“I may be due for another refill.” She grinned, aiming her pale pools to the table once more which now simmered like the flame before them. This would likely serve as her last cup for the evening now planning to sober herself with water for what was to come.

Edited at September 4, 2024 01:41 AM by Sanania
Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENAugust 30, 2024 01:27 AM

Sanania

Neutral

Give Award

Alvaerelle Wynzorwyn

Queen
Mentions: Esen, Sarolta, Koa, Catori, Cyrus, Aelion (ind)

Dressed in nothing but an obsidian tube top accentuating her swollen breasts and a form-fitted mid-thigh length skirt that rests itself just below her swollen belly she would be glowing against the firelight of the pyres. Her russet red-orange hair shimmering like embers and her skin glistening with sweat. Her pale violet pools would glow against the flames' light only adding to her breathtaking beauty. Draped across her hips a seashell and pearl belly chain which was once worn across her waist, when she was much slimmer, now swayed at her hips. The paint she adorned would consist of black, white, red, and grey. White dots above her eyes and streaks of black and grey beneath them juxtaposed each other allowing her pools to all the more stand out. Beneath her lip a single sharp thin red line of paint stretched to reach her chin. Her swollen belly would have the small white hand prints from children in the tribe all eager to see which of the triplets would greet them with a kick. Her arms slithered with an intricate line of black paint that swirled in and out of her arm only to be lined with grey dots and her legs would bear black and white striped markings giving some form of an illusion.

Early into the ceremony Vae had gifted Esen a seashell necklace the twin to her own and as for Sarolta she had given the fiery female a dagger to suit her personality, the only hint of Vae would be the lone seashell that dangled from its hilt. She had personally engraved it with ancient warrior writing; a prayer for protection and safety against all evil that may lurk. She thought both of her gifts tasteful for the pair. Gifting two talismans of bird feathers, seashells, and shimmering ores and rock to the altar for the girls safety during their trials. She would find her half-brother, Koa, talking with Catori grinning like a cat consuming his ale. She would eye a self-loathing Cyrus sauntering to a shadowed corner presumably to pass judgment on all for having such joy in their lives while he had none to express. She gave the male a harsh glare before sighing. A part of her knew what it was like to lose a part of your soul, your mate, however having her family and others like Catori to support her she managed to rise out of the dark place she once was buried in. Her gaze shifted slightly from the bitterness that was there and eventually drifted entirely.

Smirking like a frenzied and hungry feline she would throw herself into the hoard of dancing bodies finding her mirrored image younger and lighter in skin tone beside her. The Wild Sarolta she’d always tease the girl, a girl no longer. Vae was confident in both the girls ability to surpass the trials. While Esen’s nature may worry others, Vae knew that if it all boiled down to action, Esen would do what she needed to. She helped provide her with the tools she’d need anyhow, long gifting her several daggers of lighter weight so that should she ever need to wield them nothing would hinder her ability to. All engraved with some form of prayer for protection, wisdom, might, and motherly love. Dancing herself silly being and feeling all the more freer, remembering a time when her beloved Samblar embraced that part of her and released it for all to see. She noticed Saro had managed to find her twin flame Aelion, more or less abruptly stopped by the boy in question. A smirk would reach her face as she would take her leave keeping mental note of the pair. A befitting pair when viewed from afar however, mildly questionable as to where their friendship stood as many adults doted endlessly on the two in their much younger years, Vae questionably no better.

She would reach the table where Koa and Catori exchanged friendly banter. Soon quenching her thirst and fulfilling a hunger only the triplets could induce, picking from just about anything and everything on the table. Her mint and pine scent would dance and linger likely all over the table were it not for a nearby sitting area. She would walk over and take a moment to allow her feet to catch themselves. A foot rub was much overdue with the amount of dancing she had done, yet perhaps a dip in the ocean nearby would be more of what she needed.

Edited at August 30, 2024 02:58 PM by Sanania

Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   8 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us