Owch :')
 Arachne
05:45:06 Ara/Kat
Urux
Yeahh :')
 Urux
05:41:14 Urox
Ara
How does that happen? Packs get deleted?
 Arachne
05:37:11 Ara/Kat
iÂ’ve lost like 5 paws in the last few days x.x
 kycantina
05:15:51 ky
Urux, ooooh pretty! I can see why you did it lol
 Ace
05:14:19 ace <3
pvp anyone? its for my quest
 Urux
05:10:29 Urox
Hahah, that's true. She was a pretty wolf, but she gave me duds and I needed space. :') I needed the room for these
-WP Click-
-WP Click-
 kycantina
05:09:27 ky
Urux, naw if it were me they'd be bones, you're fine :))
 Urux
05:08:19 Urox
Morning :)

One of my girls is in the sanctuary with her son and I feel mean lol
 kycantina
04:54:03 ky
Good morning chat :))
 Drunken seas
04:38:17 Pera
Katy
Thanks, and you too!
 distant-lands
04:35:01 katy | beetle
it's alright, i was lost when i first started too xD it's a tad difficult at first, especially on mobile since everything's more compact.

i'll talk to you later though, have a good night/morning :)
 Drunken seas
04:33:56 Pera
Katy
Ah ok, I will probably chat to you later xD I am not very good at this.
 distant-lands
04:32:48 katy | beetle
i don't mind :) i may be logging off soon though
 Drunken seas
04:32:15 Pera
DonÂ’t mind if I Pm you if I need help?
 distant-lands
04:29:36 katy | beetle
of course :D
 Drunken seas
04:29:25 Pera
Katy
Thank you so much!
 distant-lands
04:29:01 katy | beetle
Pera,
i found a masterlist of character codes someone put together ^^ it's pretty useful. some of them are mobile-friendly as well, usually the shorter ones with less buttons.

-Click-

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Grizzly Bear : -3
Coyote : -4
Red Fox : -4
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    574    575    576    577    578   ..   605 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionAugust 20, 2024 04:45 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Because I'm curious- What all types of mobility aids would Briar use? Here's a (definitely non-exhaustive) list- Reminder that each of the ones below have a ton of different types too-

Canes

Crutches

Wheelchairs

Scooters

Walkers

Rollators

Whispers Cost | DiscussionAugust 20, 2024 06:12 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
I love the song! And still hate Fintan :)
-
Oooo, nice
Let's see-
Mostly canes and crutches, at least at first
Later on, definitely either a wheelchair or scooter on a bad day.
Though a lot of Briar's pain will be concentrated on their upper body which will lead to some hesitation in utilizing especially wheelchairs and scooters because "It's not that bad, and it's all upper anyway, no big deal. Imma get over it."
Despite not being able to walk or move well because of the pain anyway-
Whispers Cost | DiscussionAugust 20, 2024 06:31 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
As you should, haha
-
Love that information, love that
Garvin probably only uses canes for... Quite a while. And very sparsely, erratically. Like. He has to be convinced every time for a long time. And while he should be using other mobility aids too, and eventually will, canes are the easiest one to convince him on in the beginning. Especially if the pain is worse that day. Not like a bad day, he wouldn't be moving at all then, but worse than other days.
Eventually, crutches would be a possibility too. And, honestly, he would actually probably prefer the crutches to the cane after he starts using them. He'd still be more likely to use a cane though, probably, just because it'd still be a battle to convince himself to use anything at all.
A wheelchair would definitely be helpful, and Bernard definitely would be trying to get him to use one (and trying to get Briar to use one too), but Garvin probably wouldn't use one for like... A very long time. Way too much internalized ableism that runs way too deep.
Honestly, Briar using mobility aids is going to be one of the main things helping to convince Garvin to use them so when they finally start using a wheelchair on bad days, that's probably around the time Garvin could start being convinced to use one too. Or at least when people could try to convince him and him not immediately start to withdraw and lose progress.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionAugust 20, 2024 06:44 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Oh yeah, on really terrible days, Briar ain't moving. They're stuck in bed whether they like it or not... though they're usually too out of it to care anyway-
Yeah, Briar may accept the canes rather easily, partially because of Stellan, and actually in large part thanks to Vee, who uses a cane a lot of the time thanks to her being blind (yes, she also totally uses this cane as a weapon. She even convinces Lux to add some fun new... uh... features... eventually, lol)
But Briar will be more okay with it all than Garvin in general, especially if Aries is in support of Stellan and Bernard on the matter of using aids. Their main problem is actually the mental stuff, which is mostly just because they don't understand it at all (and jump to the conclussion that shit happens to them, there's nothing they can do about it, and they probably deserve it)
Briar will totally start casually nagging Garvin about using something like a cane so they can sword fight though. Because who the hell would pass up that opportunity?!?
Garvin: *Refusing to use aids because of internalized ableism*
Briar, waving their cane: "Dawn your sword and fight, you coward! Your enemy awaits you!"

Edited at August 20, 2024 06:47 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionAugust 20, 2024 07:18 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
I love these two so much- Garvin will probably end up liking platform/gutter crutches and/or lofstrand/forearm crutches the most.
Yeahhhh, bad pain days are absolute shit for sure. Garvin probably ends up just trying (and most likely failing) to sleep those days.
Aries is definitely in support of using aids, though he won't be as upfront about it as Bernard will be. Aries doesn't want to pressure anyone on... Basically anything. Bernard doesn't either, of course, but he also isn't above giving more of a nudge than others.
Garvin has issues with the physical and mental stuff- He doesn't know, like, anything about... Health in general and his internalized ableism knows no bounds. He's even shitty to himself about his aquaphobia without even knowing that's what it is. Especially once he gets that ability of breathing underwater. It does not get rid of his fear of water and he is so upset about it. Like. It's one of the things he's most upset about.
I so love that of Briar. Yes. Nag the tall child to use aids because battle. There's two ways that could go though. Either it totally works. Like. Completely. Garvin gives up and listens for at least that day because yes, that's hilarious, let's do that.
Orrrr, it's a day where internalized ableism is kicking his ass and that only helps to make him feel worse about himself because he knows that would usually work and (in his mind, on a day like that) it's so dumb. Childish, and immature, and just- Stupid.
Usually though, unfortunately, if he's having a day where his internalized ableism is kicking his ass, then depression probably is too. Which also means this chronic fatigued and pained guy is also dealing with the fatigue and pain that comes with depression.
-
Also, have some incorrect Garvin quotes where I still don't tell you if they're T8P 2.0, GGR, or AFCS.
--

Garvin, eating a chocolate waffle at 7PM; “Is this what you desire, oh prison of flesh?”

-

Garvin; “Rest assured, rational me and impulsive me are having a fucking smackdown 24/7 100% of the time.”

-

Garvin; “If I go to your place and the vibes are wack, I’m stealing something from your fucking house.”

-

Garvin; “Some of y’all never had a breakdown in a public bathroom and it shows. Like, grow up.”

-

Garvin; “Sure. Blame the guy who’s a huge idiot that causes a lot of problems, again.”

-

Garvin; “I’m so glad Earth only has one moon. If there were more I’d have to pick a favorite and that sounds too emotionally taxing to even fathom.”

-

Garvin; “I’m dealing with my shit the way I’m dealing with it. Are my methods unhealthy? Yes. Are they effective? No. Am I going to change what I’m doing? No.”

-

Garvin; “Anytime someone talks about ‘double texting’ I’m just like. Sorry. Can’t relate. Every single person I actually text will receive 14 texts in a row at 11PM about whatever random thing I’m thinking about.”

-

Garvin; “A weighted blanket isn’t enough, I need to be vacuum sealed.”

Whispers Cost | DiscussionAugust 20, 2024 08:54 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Yeah, Briar will for sure opt for the same thing, especially considering their metal arm, actually. The phantom pain is so real-
For sure. On days like that, Briar's brain goes into full dissassociation mode. Like, I'm pretty sure I've decided on OSDD-1 (not necessarily determining 1a or 1b at the moment) and on really bad pain days they're practically stuck either in constantly switching due to trauma triggers or just in a literal state of in-between where they're just completely disconnected and stuck on the same thought (usually a name, and usually Aries-). So much fun
That's great, and honestly, even that would help. When I tell you Aries' opinion (which was always very important to Briar already) goes up x100 after exile, I mean it becomes the absolute most important thing to Briar for a while. At first it's guilt, but it settles into a more healthy thing after a while, especially after Stellan shows up
I will say, if we need to, I can totally throw Vee at Garvin. Girl will have zero filter, so I'm not sure if it'll be helpful, but if Briar's offer to fake fight with canes doesn't work Vee will totally step in and be like "Bitch, fuck friendly fire. You can knock assholes out with these things. And it's never expected. Best weapon, hands down."
Also, she can totally be brought in about Garvin's visual problems. Though Stellan may protest letting her do so-
"What the fuck do you mean you don't want glasses?! Are you out of your fucking mind, you absolute dumbass! Glasses and contacts were the best things to ever be invented, you motherfucker! Take what you can get! I don't care if you've gotta squeeze two pieces of class between your cheeks and your eyebrows to make it work! Take the fucking glasses! I swear to god, you're all absolute idiots around here!"
So, yeah-
Vee's a character XD
-
I love the quotes, they're so awesome, lmao
-
Also, I'll most likely do them both at some point, but choose :)
Still Holding My Hand from Matilda (Briar and Aries hurt/comfort)
Call It What You Want by Grace Vanderwaal (T8P polycule angst- Nico centered)
Whispers Cost | DiscussionAugust 20, 2024 09:27 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Yeah- Garvin's pain tends to be just... Everywhere. There isn't really a specific area it groups around. Probably legs if anywhere though-
Garvin has a system bud! But- Yeah. On bad pain days, it's either thought looping, usually negative self-talk in Garvin's case, or continuously splitting off new fragments that very quickly collapse or split or fuse together. Which. Only causes some more pain in the form of very, very annoying headaches.
Aries will probably be pretty careful about that then, honestly. But, of course, he'll still totally be in favor of mobility aids haha
Well, it's more so just that the idea of using a cane is already tainted as bad on those days. Something he shouldn't do. Not because he doesn't need them, though he'll totally argue that, but mostly because it's just- Internalized ableism. In his mind on those days, the type of people that use those are things that he doesn't want to be, that he just can't be. (That, unfortunately, in the midst of a bad depression day, his mind is already trying to tell him he is, and using them would only prove it right and he can't-) And that's just based off physical shit. The moment Briar starts talking about fake fighting him, mental shit gets added in there too. Because that's such an 'immature' thing to use them for and suddenly he's starting to think about that too, and that it'd worked in the past to get him to use it (which the fact he's used them in the past before already isn't helping) and from there, any mention of fighting using them just... Wouldn't be helpful. Because that idea has already been labeled by then. Frankly, days like that? Stellan probably has the best chance. Again, as shaky as those two start out- Stellan's going to have the easiest tine convincing Garvin of stuff most of the time. Just. In general. And, yeah, okay, most of that's because Stellan reminds Garvin of Flood by a lot and has a lot of unprocessed grief and, probably most confusingly, guilt concerning all of that. Like- Garvin misses them, and on some level totally blames himself. Like, if he'd just known how to swim, or even just if he'd never fallen into the water, like- How hard is that??? Hm??? So. Uh. Stellan accidentally gets the best shot at convincing Garvin of absolutely everything and anything.
As for the glasses bit-
Oddly enough... Garvin has a lot less problems with glasses. That's more of him not realizing he needs them. Like. He has no idea that his vision is worse than other people's vision. He legit just doesn't know. And at that point, any time he does refuse to wear glasses, it's more so because depression is beating him up. He's thinking he shouldn't wear them because... He just. Shouldn't have them to begin with. They had probably cost money to get, and any money spent on him is a waste and he should really just try to sell them and give the money to whoever got him them and really, he shouldn't even be around at all- And it's really just a sort of spiral. But yeah, for the most part, he doesn't actually mind the glasses at all. Lots of people wear glasses. Some of the people that caused his internalied ableism to be as bad as it is wore glasses even. People wear glasses. That isn't as big of a deal to him.
-
Glad you like the incorrect quotes haha
-
Hmmmm- Still Holding My Hand, we need more even slightly wholesome stuff.
-
I'm going to do Drugs by Adam Jensen, I think. Only, uh. That one has a version that works for GGR, T8P 2.0, and one that works for AFCS. So... Pick a version?
Whispers Cost | DiscussionAugust 21, 2024 05:27 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Fair
Yay! System buddies! :)
The thought looping is so real for Briar. Like, negative self-talk too, but the thought looping is so bad. It's kinda heatbreaking too because the main thought they get stuck on is that Aries is going to leave like everyone else has, so they're just in a state of constant pain, panic, and desperation while calling out to Aries, even if he's literally right there.
When the PTSD episodes decide to jump in as well though-
Oh boy, those are fun, lol
Yeah, that makes sense, good idea on Aries' part, haha
Yeah, that all makes a lot of sense. Hopefully it can be helped over time though! :)
-
Very fair XD
I'll get that up soon!
Hmmm, let's do GGR this time :D
Whispers Cost | DiscussionAugust 21, 2024 06:05 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Yeah- Garvin basically gets looped on negative self-talk just in general. Usually for him it's also a lot of internalized ableism that gets looped. A lot of his thoughts looping on being a burden, basically. So, he actually kind of prefers the days where he's just completely dissociated and splitting off fragments. Those days are just a lot of him blankly staring, not noticing anyone/anything.
Oh jeez, yeah- The PTSD episodes jumping in are just great
For everyone. Mhm.
Aries is such a good boyfriend. He helping out as much as he can. Ignore me in the background researching OSDD-2, haha-
Yeahhh- It'll be something that's slowly chipped away at, probably. The more he uses aids, the easier it gets. At least for the most part.
Honestly, even on antidepressants, and even if he's actually taking them, his depression is still going to beat him up sometimes. Even ignoring the whole July issues. He's just got that treatment resistant depression.
On a much happier note! At least in AFCS, though probably every other timeline too, Garvin becomes a huge fan of dyeing his hair after that first time. Definitely starts to do, like, every color or color combination he can think of to do. His hair in general gets to go through a ton. At one point, he'll end up shaving, like, at least half of it off actually. Totally impulsive decision that he feels terrible about basically immediately but uh, yeah- Revan ends up giving himself an undercut like an hour later because of... Mostly wholesome reasons, actually.
-
Ooo, fun choice, alright then!
-
Also- Before we start GGR, we should probably figure out at least basic affiliations lol
Whispers Cost | DiscussionAugust 21, 2024 06:16 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Yeahhhh, it's all so fun for everyone involved, lol
Aries is the best boyfriend, we love him
Lmaooo
Depression do be like that sometimes-
It's so much fun, haha
I love that, honestly
Akira is going to have such a great time when Garvin starts experimenting with dye. Like, after that whole first, panicked experience, they're gonna be so excited that someone else wants to dye their hair. Especially if Revan was starting to lean toward not dying his anymore, lmao
And that's honestly so adorable-
-
Oh, yeah, true-
I mean, what I know for sure right now is Vida hates Giles guts
And she's either besties or mortal enemies with Lucia, not sure which, lol
That's as far as I've gotten though. I mean, other than the twins relationship with each other, obviously
-
Also, here's the song! :)
-

Song: Still Holding My Hand from Matilda

(With some adjustments to the lyrics in some spots to better fit the characters and avoid so much repeating)

Characters: T8P Briar and Aries. Misfits and other protectors mentioned.

Context: This song is meant to outline Aries' and Briar's relationship along with both of their mindsets that others don't (or shouldn't) care about them at all and thinking they would forever be alone. Basically showing how they support each other even during hardships that may drive others apart. This takes mostly place during and shortly after the Exile Arc of T8P (2.0). Enjoy!

Also, this song skips around a lot in the timeline, so just be aware of that :)

---

Briar, looking slightly distant, dealing with new wounds but slowly allowing themself to lean against Aries for support: "I was sure that I would never escape the story I had written for me..."

Aries, referring to the arena: "I couldn't find a way out, I couldn't see beyond the clouds that swirled around me..."

Aries, referring to Briar rescuing him and shielding him from the scene as many of the other protectors resort to violence immediatly: "Then one day, I opened my eyes and looked up to find that the sky had turned blindingly blue, and right by my side, there was you quietly taking your stand. And you were holding my hand..."

Briar, after taking up the leadership position in the Misfits, finally allowing themself to recognize that Aries had stayed and would stay and they could rely on him to be there: "I believed that I would never be able to rely on anybody else , and I was sure that I would just have to learn to survive all by myself..."

Aries, also allowing himself to recognize that Briar might actually love and care for him and that, though Briar was struggling, he could still trust them and depend on them if needed: "I believed that I would never find anybody else. I was sure that I would always be all by myself..."

Briar, comming to the same realization that Aries had in the arena after watching him vow to stick beside them even if it meant leaving the larger group: "And one day, I opened my eyes and looked up to find that the sky had turned blindingly blue, and right by my side there was you quietly taking a stand, and you were holding my hand..."

Briar and Aries, in unison, learning to trust and lean on each other in the hardest of times, never giving up on each other and supporting each other: "You were holding my hand! You were just there for me! Quietly taking a stand, changing the end of my story for me!"

Aries, about Briar: "You were there as I battled my fears."

Briar, about Aries: "I fell and you helped me to stand!"

Briar and Aries, about each other: "When the storm finally cleared you were there. You were still holding my hand."

Briar and Aries, growing stronger together and becoming an unstoppable couple: "You kicked down the doors for me, you helped me understand there was another version of me!"

Briar, in a much better mental state as the Misfits join (and rejoin) the protectors, feeling secure in their relationship and leadership position thanks to Aries' support: "You were still holding my hand, you were just there for me! Quietly taking a stand, changing the end of my story for me!"

Aries, watching with a smile, now feeling secure in the relationship as well, willing to hope that they could do just about anything together: "You were still holding my hand, you were just there for me. Quietly taking a stand, changing the end of my story for me!"

Briar and Aries, yay, a happy, healthy couple, goals for real: "You were still holding my hand!"

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    574    575    576    577    578   ..   605 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us