👁👄👁
 Hallow's Eve
04:06:31 Hallow, Eve
Man its been awhile since I heard about DT! I used to play that one as well
 Voxtexy
04:06:05 Vox, Corey
techno,
I wish I had that issue right now lmaoo

I have one dye that I will one day accidentally use on a wolf. I need to use it or get rid of it before I ruin a custom with it but I'm just too lazy to do that xD
 The Amethyst
04:05:19 Dart
Techno

What do you want gone?
 Serpents
04:05:00 Waterfall,Zane,Pixal
anyone up for an rp pm me
if you see my wolves in explore please pm me
 technoblade
04:04:54 Lil Techy | Techno
Stalk

Nah I mainly just throw jasmine in there
 le stalk
04:04:31 stalker or stalk :)
aye so techno you've been the one chucking a whole bunch of cool stuff in the falls
 technoblade
04:04:24 Lil Techy | Techno
Vox

I want em gone! They take up so much space!
 Voxtexy
04:03:47 Vox, Corey
techno,
pfff- 20?? That's a nice stack of jasmines lol
 technoblade
04:03:08 Lil Techy | Techno
Vox

I have 20 of them so it's no sweat off me
 Voxtexy
04:02:40 Vox, Corey
techno,
Ooo, that's gonna get snatched so fast lol

Ormous,
It's a really nice photo! I'm a bit biased to photos of the ocean, I swear it's all I ever get photos of nowadays lol

The palette looks nice! Have you just started to make palettes or have you been makin' 'em for a little while now?
 Ormous
04:01:23 Zephyrus (he,Him)
Vox

no I'm in the process to find the credits for it may have to change it even though this palette is just a practice one
 technoblade
04:01:07 Lil Techy | Techno
Vox

Good, just about to go yeet a jasmine into the falls cause I have no room for it
 Gallifrey Falls
04:00:38 Allons-y / Myth
That's a shame. If it had a better chat it could do so well. :-(
 Voxtexy
04:00:36 Vox, Corey
techno,
I'm good! Just ordered myself some food :>

How're you?
 Voxtexy
04:00:08 Vox, Corey
Ormous,
Ooo, is the photo used taken by you? :0
 SixBears
03:59:40 evebot
I don't have any plans to update DT.
 technoblade
03:59:36 Lil Techy | Techno
Vox

How're ya?
 Voxtexy
03:59:19 Vox, Corey
techno! :D
 Ormous
03:58:50 Zephyrus (he,Him)
how does this ocean themed palette look?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Black Bear : +1
Coyote : -5
Jackal : +5
    Spring   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3 

Honey & Urux | The MarkedSeptember 3, 2024 01:14 PM

Honey

Darkseeker

Give Award
Oleander grimaced. "I know. The royals depend on the merchants to keep the city running. I've never heard them talk about Cazador, though, and they are typically pretty open about their dealings with the merchants." He was certain that there was something else going on with this man, but if the royals were keeping quiet about their work with him and Sorren didn't know, then he wasn't sure how else he was going to find out.

"Has he stolen from the royals before?" Perhaps they would let one instance slide, but Oleander couldn't imagine the royal family willingly allowing a merchant to steal their jewels. He doubted that the theft would be limited to jewelry, either; Cazador could very well be stealing from the royal coffers as well, taking money that was meant to go towards bettering the city.

Oleander sighed and took a defeated sip of his mead. He paused as Sorren questioned him, asking why he'd bothered to come back. "Well," he said slowly, trying to figure out the answer to the question himself, "if you were caught, I assumed you would have told the guards that someone within the palace had helped you get out. I was just protecting myself." He took another drink and grimaced at the watered-down taste of the alcohol. "And I wanted to be sure you got back safely. Cazador... whoever he is, you don't deserve to be working for him. He sounds abhorrent."

He drained the dregs of his mug and pushed his chair back from the table as he stood. "Listen, I need to get back before somebody realizes I'm gone. If you get any more information on Cazador... I'll try to make it back here to meet you. Be safe." He pulled the hood of his cloak over his head and slipped out of the tavern door, back into the dark.

The moon was at its peak overhead, illuminating Oleander's path back to the castle. He stopped abruptly as he approached the side door used by the guards. Someone was posted out front, their hand resting on their weapon. Oleander cursed softly, and the figure's head swiveled towards him. He stepped swiftly behind the stone guardhouse, hoping that whoever was inside couldn't see him. As the guard proceeded to where he'd been standing before, he circled the guardhouse and made a break for the side door, sprinting as fast as he could.

He slipped inside as quickly as possible, shutting the door silently behind him and jogging up the winding stone stairs to his quarters. He threw off his cloak, stuffing it haphazardly in his wardrobe, and snuffed out the candle sitting on his nightstand.

Footsteps sounded outside of his door. Heart pouding, Oleander stood frozen in the center of his room. They had found him out for sure this time. They knew he had helped Sorren escape with the necklace, and they were coming to arrest him-

The footsteps moved on. Oleander strained to listen, and he heard them begin to descend the stairs. Heart still thudding painfully against his ribcage, he collapsed onto his bed in relief.
Honey & Urux | The MarkedSeptember 3, 2024 07:56 PM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Sorren carefully lifted his mug to his lips again, suffering through another mouthful. His eyes kept a steady gaze on Oleander as he justified his reasoning for hunting Sorren down. It seemed believable enough, it was certainly a decent enough reason, he was right. If Sorren was caught, he may have mentioned a guard that told him where to get the necklace, but he would not have specified Oleander by name. At the little added sentence about Cazador and concern for Sorren’s health, the man quipped an eyebrow into the air. His tail tip curling up, the fluff peeking over the table.

“Cazador may seem the cruellest, but that is only because he is forthcoming with his cruelty. The other merchants,” He waves a hand around, the other still holding his mug. “Coates, Agnelli, Schultz, they’re all as bad as each other. They just keep a beautiful facade over their sinister dealings.” Sorren finished, giving one last flick of his hand before letting it fall back onto the table. Drinking down another portion of the mead, gulping it down quickly to avoid the taste lingering. “Cazador steals from whomever he likes, I don’t think he targeted the royals for any other reason than the fact that Schultz wanted the damn thing.” He cleared his throat, running the tip of his tongue along his fangs for a moment. “I think one of their marked were at the ball too, I couldn’t get a clear look, but they were…I don’t know.” Sighing, he took in another mouthful of mead. “She was flitting around, it just looked strange.” Sorren shrugged, glancing down at his mug, he had almost managed to finish the entire thing. Thank goodness.

At the shift of movement in Oleander’s chair, Sorren looked up to see him finish his drink and stand quickly. Well, that was short and sweet. His eyes followed Oleander as he headed for the tavern door, he leaned back in his chair with another heavy sigh. What mess had he gotten himself into.

From the other corner of the tavern, a shorter woman with her hair pulled back out of her eyes began striding towards Sorren, keeping close to the wall to remain in his blind spot for as long as she could. Her eyes were wide, solely focused on the strange man lounging in his wooden chair. Rat. Her cloak flicked as she pulled a short dagger from her hip, snapping the silver metal into her palm. She slid behind Sorren, drawing the blade up to his throat in a single fluid movement, her other hand gripping his hair and pulling his head backwards. Her eyes were blazing, lips pulled taut in a grimace.

Sorren yelped as his head was pulled backwards, almost falling out of the chair, his eyes stretched open in panic, pupils slitted. He went to pull himself forward but then he felt the cool kiss of the blade at his neck. He gulped and drew his panicked eyes up to the woman. For a moment, he thought about striking out with his tail to knock her off balance, but then she spoke.

“Where is the necklace?” She hissed from between her teeth, pressing the blade further into his tender skin, the beginnings of stinging pain as it pierced the surface of his skin.

“Necklace? Lady, I don’t have a necklace.” He gritted his teeth, trying to control his breathing, but it was no use, his chest was heaving despite his efforts to calm himself. As he spoke, the woman’s eyes snapped down to where she was holding the blade. A knowing glint shifted in her eyes as she saw the snake wrapped around his neck, just above the blade.

“A Cazador.” Her voice was lined with venom, she drew her dagger away, the act slicing Sorren's neck. Not enough to cause a serious problem, but enough to make him baulk at the pain, hand flying up to his neck, fearing she had truly killed him. She whipped herself away, as quickly as she had appeared, she vanished out of the front door of the tavern.

Sorren jolted upright, tail whirling, he pulled his hand away and saw the blood. But he wasn’t dying or dead. Just bleeding over the table. The man staggered out of his chair and moved towards the bar. “Get me bandages.” He called out to the man behind the bar, leaning on the wood with his free hand.

Eventually he managed to wrap the old white cotton around his neck, it took a few attempts and he felt a little light headed but it was doing the job. Now he sat on the edge of his bed, staring at the cracked floorboards. Whoever that was knew he had the necklace, and recognised him as a Cazador. The implications of the interaction did not bode well for his health in the coming days.

Honey & Urux | The MarkedSeptember 4, 2024 10:45 AM

Honey

Darkseeker

Give Award
Oleander spent most of the next day thinking of Sorren and the necklace; whether he'd be caught, if he'd be sent to steal more items from the royals, what other crimes Cazador would force him to commit. He was incredibly distracted; his fellow guards had to snap at him several times to pay attention to his post.

It was around noon when the whispers reached Oleander's ears. The guard standing watch next to him reached out and tapped his shoulder, startling him. "Sorry," the guard said as Oleander jumped. "Did you hear? One of the jewels from the princess's room is missing. They think it was stolen during the ball."

"Wow," Oleander said stupidly, what felt like a spike of ice piercing through his heart. How had they narrowed down the time of the theft so quickly? He supposed it was the most obvious time for the burglary; all of the royals had been in the ballroom rather than in their chambers, so no guards would have been posted along the royal quarters. Oleander had just happened to catch sight of Sorren as he crept up to the second floor.

"Captain sent out one of the brigades to put up reward posters, but I doubt anyone'll answer them," the guard said eagerly. "I hope they find some suspects; I want to carry out a raid."

Throughout the day, the news of the stolen jewel only spread. The entirety of the guard was called to the throne room several hours later, where the royals were listening to citizens who believed to have information on the theft of the necklace. Oleander leaned against the wall, bored despite the severity of the situation, as the residents of the city gave varying false narratives about what had happened that night, including one woman who tried to pass off a dusty, cracked ruby as the missing jewel.

Oleander had nearly dozed off when the next resident came forward. He jolted awake as the man began to describe a figure he'd seen leaving the castle around the time of the theft. "They were quite tall, and though it was dark and I couldn't see well, I believe their skin was purple."

Oleander's chest clenched. He was describing Sorren. So someone had seen him escape from the castle. Luckily, the royals seemed to take no special interest in the man's story and dismissed him with the rest of the group.

Oleander had hoped to sneak into the city later that night to meet with Sorren and describe what he'd heard, but his plans were quickly interrupted. The royals were increasing security around the castle in the wake of the theft; for the next several weeks, all guards were to be on duty overnight, prowling the halls of the castle for any would-be thieves with thoughts of stealing from the royal jewels.

Oleander cursed under his breath when he heard the news from his fellow guards. He couldn't afford to leave Sorren in the dark for several weeks; the man needed to know that he was a possible suspect in the theft.

Oleander considered abandoning his post and sneaking out of one of the castle windows, but it would be far too easy to get caught that way. He leaned against the stone wall of the palace grumpily, trying desperately to think of a way to tell Sorren what was going on here in the castle. He supposed he could always pay one of the servants to take a letter into the city and to the tavern, but who's to say they wouldn't bring the note straight to the captain of the guard? He was at an impasse.
Honey & Urux | The MarkedSeptember 5, 2024 02:04 AM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

As per usual, Sorren had risen at the crack of dawn, however his early bird tendencies this morning were driven from panic. The cloak hanging from a small hook besides the door had looked suspiciously like a small woman ready to kill him. He jolted out of the bed, tail swinging wildly and panting, hands extended and prepared to defend himself. That was when he realised his mistake. Cheeks quickly flushed a deeper, vibrant purple as he realised what he had done. Luckily no one was around to witness that horrifically embarrassing moment.

Surprisingly, Sorren had little planned for the day. He had money, he had given Cazador what he wanted and when he wanted it. He was free until he was called upon again. Pondering his way down to the main tavern room, his eyes scanned quickly in search of that little cloaked woman. Safe. How she knew it was him that had taken the necklace and that the necklace had been taken at all was beyond him. He offered a friendly smile to the woman sweeping the old wooden floorboards, earning a grunt of acknowledgement in return. She was working her way around the few passed out forms of men that had had one too many the night before. Likely to have had their pockets picked clean before last call, Sorren stretched out a leg to step over one by the front door before he vanished out into the early daylight.

He enjoyed the feeling of the morning sun on his bare skin, it just felt right. Enriching him with some sort of freedom, to enjoy the small amount of nature this city allowed within its boundaries. As the day passed, his sightseeing was coming to an end. Ready to return to the tavern for something to eat. Casually making his way along the stoned path beside one of the canals, a woman in a long red dress caught his attention. The colour grabbed him initially, but the flirty smile she gave him kept his attention. His lips slid into an easy smile, head turning to follow her form as she passed him in the opposite direction. Her hair was like honey, shining in the morning light, a beautiful sight. One he would love to stare at for - smack. Sorren recoiled in pain, his tail flicking sharply down towards the ground. A hand slamming up to the side of his head, right on his temple. Good Gods, his horn too. It burned with an aching throb. From behind him, he heard a lilting feminine giggle fading away.

Sorren slowly opened his eyes to see what had hurt him, still holding a hand to his head, winced in pain. A lamp post, still smoking from being extinguished that morning. Mumbling to himself, he rubbed at the sore spot, taking step backwards as to not be so close to the damn thing. That was when his eyes moved down towards the lower portion of the post, where one’s head may be if they weren’t freakishly tall. A fluttering piece of paper with large, bolded words printing on it. Particularly, the reward value plastered at the bottom caught his attention. Excitement rising in his chest as he ducked his head down to get a better look. Perhaps it was something that was lost or stolen, he could steal it right back and get the money. Scanning the words, his grin quickly fell from his face. Replaced with dread, jaw slacking. “Oh fuck.”

A rendition of the ruby necklace was scrawled into the middle, a huge “STOLEN” printed above it. And just between the drawing and the reward, a small description. “Possibly male, tall.” And then in an even smaller font. “Dark or purple skin tone.” His tail began to thrash behind him, panic rising in his chest as though he were drowning in it. He had never been caught before, or even seen. Who had seen him? He thought only Oleander had? Perhaps a vexed competitor of his? Trying to rat him out for something, without knowing he actually did it?

Sorren gulped, his spine snapping straight as though a metal rod had been plunged down it. His eyes frantically shot around the area. Surely no one would pick him. This city was huge. He had certainly seen others that looked similar to him, but it certainly narrowed down the pool of suspects. That was when from the corner of his wide eyes, he spotted a familiar figure. His heart dropped impossibly further. It was Cazador’s eldest son, beckoning him towards him like a dog.

Reluctantly, Sorren picked his way across the path, ducking into the alleyway his master stood in. Keeping a wary distance, he waited for Cazador’s son, Floren, to snap orders at him. He kept his gaze down at the floor, tail forced still, but he couldn’t help the small twitch of the tip. The anticipation, panic and fear whirling inside of him like a cruel cocktail.

Honey & Urux | The MarkedSeptember 9, 2024 09:36 AM

Honey

Darkseeker

Give Award
Oleander hurried through the dark streets, feeling his way through the winding alleys as quickly as he could. He hadn't been able to leave the palace to visit Sorren in days; he was concerned about the man, especially with the rising suspicion regarding the stolen necklace. Wanted posters had gone up all over the kingdom, detailing the crime and describing the thief as tall with purple skin. Oleander knew that there weren't many lavender half-demons in the kingdom; Sorren would raise suspicion wherever he went.

Oleander rounded a corner and sighed in relief as the warm lights of the tavern came into view. He had written out several letters explaining the locked-down situation at the castle to Sorren, and had almost employed one of the royal servants to deliver them to the tavern, but had decided against it at the last moment. It would be far too easy to be caught that way, especially if the servant turned around and brought his letter to the captain of the guard rather than delivering it.

Oleander yanked open the tavern door, a warm blast of air hitting him in the face as he did so. The tavern was sparsely crowded; groups of patrons sat in clumps in the corners and along the walls of the large room. In the hearth, a massive fire blazed, warming the room and providing a respite from the bitter cold outside.

Oleander slipped his hood from his head and made his way to the bar. The barkeep leaned against a stool behind the counter, looking bored, but she perked up a bit when Oleander approached and ordered a mead. He glanced around at the various patrons of the tavern. Sorren was nowhere in sight; Oleander had long assumed that he rented a room above the tavern, but he did't want to waltz right up and check.

As the barkeep brought him his mead, Oleander leaned towards her. "Excuse me, is Sorren here?"

Her face immediately contorted into a frown. "Who's asking?"

Shit. He quickly adjusted his cloak, making sure that no part of his royal uniform was showing. "Um... a friend."

The barkeep scoffed and snatched a rag from a nearby shelf, wiping out a freshly-washed mug. "Nah, he's not here right now. Not sure where he went."

Oleander frowned as she turned her back to him and crossed the room. Sorren had never not been at the tavern when Oleander had arrived for their meetings; had some terrible fate befallen him. Oleander briefly considered rushing to Cazador's mansion and pounding at the door, demanding to be let it, but he knew that would only get him into a heap of trouble. If Sorren was in danger, he certainly wouldn't be able to help him that way.

Perhaps he was just late, Oleander reasoned, leaning back on his barstool and sipping at his mead nervously.
Honey & Urux | The MarkedSeptember 9, 2024 10:07 PM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Sorren had slinked back to the tavern that night, blood dripping in his wake as he ambled along the uneven path. Using whatever wall he could reach to prop himself up as he shuffled closer and closer to the comfort and safety of his tavern room. It was the early hours of the morning by the time he had arrived, no one was waiting for him, not even drunkards asleep on the sticky floor. His head hung low, hair concealing his battered features as he crept his way up the stairs and into his room, the sweet relief of his bed. Crashing down onto it, crumpled into a ball on top of the covered he willed the sweet release from his pain, coaxing sleep towards him.

For days he lurked in that room, only leaving to scrounge up food and drink from the bar beneath him. People had swivelled their heads dramatically, his swollen cheekbone, the bandaged wound on his forearm clearly in need of a change of wrappings. No one had asked him what had happened, they knew. That snake coiled around his neck was enough of an advertisement of his position that no one had to inquire further.

It was days later that he felt less abhorrent enough to venture outside, to see the sun and feel its glorious warmth on his skin again. It was a brief outing, not wanting to draw any unwanted attention to himself. Those posters had only increased in numbers, plastered on every surface. Why did he had to be the one that was chosen to steal the damn necklace. He had never done wrong by Cazador, why give him such an impossible task. He was giant and purple, how much more obvious of a thief could you get. The sky was darkening, the beautiful purples and oranges dancing like swans in the sky, it was a picture perfect image. How he wished he had inherited wings, he could simply disappear into those inviting colours and never return. Alas, that was impossible, resigning himself to his more cynical thoughts, he dipped his head, watching his bare paws hit the ground. The outing had taken the energy from him, sapped it from his veins, he wanted to sleep.

Eventually, the enticing smell of the tavern graced his nose, pulling him to walk a little faster. His left leg had the hint of injury, jolting as he used it. Using one giant hand to push the door open, he ducked inside. As per the last few days, he kept his head lowered. Letting his mane fall into his face to conceal his battered and bruised face. Most of the smaller injuries had sorted themselves out by now, but the more severe ones were blatantly obvious. Around his neck was a dark bruising, curled all the way around his neck, perfectly in line with his mark, small spots of haemorrhaged blood splotched around the bruising indicating the brutality of the assault. His forearm, still wrapped up, was dirty with old and fresh blood spreading from the central slice beneath the bandages. In clear need of disinfection, if infection had not already taken hold. His leg dragged lightly with each step and his tail did not move, hanging limply behind him, the tip dragging along the floorboards. A brief hitch in conversation as he entered, he knew they were looking at him, but he didn’t care.

He wanted a stiff drink to take upstairs and lick his wounds, to wish death upon himself. Slowly, Sorren lifted his gaze as he reached the bar, parting his cracked lips to speak to the bar tender when from the corner of his bloodshot eyes he saw him. A crack of his neck as he span his head around, Oleander was sitting at the bar, mead in hand and staring at him. The movement made his neck scream in pain and his hand went flying to hold the injury, grimacing. His lips pursed to let out a harsh hiss of pain. His thick eyebrows scrunched up into a tightly knitted line over his closed eyes. How pitiful. How weak. Sorren gritted his teeth, feeling the sensation run along his jaw. He cracked open his eyes, pupils dilated slowly but surely as he watched Oleander and his clear approach. Surely, he was done for. Posters were everywhere, Oleander was here to drag him by the horns to the royal family and then his head would be mounted in their trophy room.

Edited at September 11, 2024 07:57 AM by Urux

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us