Chatbox
 Demon Mistress
04:25:18 The Scary Mod
@Star
I di like the blog idea though not gonna lie
 Demon Mistress
04:24:36 The Scary Mod
@Starmutt
I keep them under general breeding discussion, I want people to be able to comment under them individually
 Sabbath
04:20:37 Rook
Made it to Jungle level 400 woohoo :D
 starmutt
04:16:16 marsh | they/it
would be nice if they were in the same thread or have a blog of a masterlist? :o
 Sabbath
04:13:54 Rook
Mistress
That's awesome ^^
 Demon Mistress
04:04:15 The Scary Mod
@Rook
I try to do it once a month, I had a lapse but I've been on a roll for 2 almost 3 months now ^^
 Sabbath
04:03:10 Rook
Mistress
I never knew I needed that. It's awesome you keep track of those stats!
 Demon Mistress
04:00:48 The Scary Mod
-WP Click-
Low-Pelt Roster
 Sabbath
03:57:43 Rook
Mistress
I haven't! Show me :o
 Night Shade
03:48:32 Graves | Chaos
I bathed all of my cats tonight. I did a terrible towel dry job but they won't let me do any better. :/
 Demon Mistress
03:46:56 The Scary Mod
@Rook
Have you seen my Low-Pelt roster?
 Sabbath
03:42:59 Rook
Mistress
She's cute! I love Blenheim :>
 Demon Mistress
03:32:49 The Scary Mod
Either pup 45 or pup 57
 Demon Mistress
03:29:51 The Scary Mod
-WP Click-
Thoughts?
 Skibidi Alliance
03:29:49 
What one do I keep -WP Click- -WP Click- -WP Click-
 Clear Sky
03:24:58 Sky / Blue - she,her
zym, a rat in your room?! pfft dont worry its harmless (im actually thinking they are cute lol)
 Nymphology
03:24:00 Nymph/Zym/Rayla
should i start an art gallery?
 Nymphology
03:19:34 Nymph/Zym/Rayla
i saw a rat in my room 😭
oh wait that's my stepsister-
 distant-lands
03:19:10 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
thoughts, criticism?
 Sabbath
03:17:55 Rook
Guys after using 10 Tomes I'm convinced they don't work

or I'm just SUPER unlucky LOL

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Jackal : +2
Mountain Lion : 0
Coyote : +1
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    6    7    8    9 

Edling x Iconium | Fantasy 1x1July 15, 2024 01:48 PM

Edling

Neutral

Give Award

Ruairi | Water | Freyja <3

For the better half of his night, amid the steady decline of his magic’s capabilities, the last words Freyja said to him echoed between his conscious and subconscious mind as all parts of himself tried to make sense of them. Even in the moment it had happened, Ru had only found himself staring at her as if he was waiting for her to walk back on what she said, or tell him she didn’t mean to say it because of the state she was in. It almost felt like one of those vulnerable thoughts she would occasionally only ever share with him if she were drunk, which were comparably easier to digest in the way he could convince himself her loose lips only divulged false sentiments. What she had told him without the accompaniment of inebriation though gave him the dangerous impression that he could trust what she said, or worse, believe it. And if he was any less convinced her mind would change sooner rather than later, he might have let himself hope.

<//////////>

“Ru, wake up.”

Groggy-impaired Ru was not averse to the gentle touch on his face as he opened his eyes, not remembering exactly when he had fallen asleep, but adjusting his waking gaze onto the same face he had fallen asleep looking at. As his functions and slough of thoughts he had traded out for a few hours of sleep caught up to his orienting consciousness, he sat up straighter, distancing his face from her hand - finding it not so easy to relax into her touch when he was greeted by the dull ache of the scar on his back again. To relieve it, and of himself of countless other feelings Freyja often evoked in him, he maintained a level mask with more formality than necessary with her before he had vowed to bring her food, and made what he believed to be the simple request of asking her to stay put.

Ruairi had every intention of invisibly entering the span of the busy dining room, collecting a few light items from the display of food in view onto a single plate and carrying it back to his room. However, he felt himself being preyed upon by the poltergeist of his life and its bride. Standing at the head of the table and discussing private affairs he didn’t want to hear, his parents paused to spectate him. They had always treated him with the distance of a guinea pig that had developed autonomy and an opinion of its own. However, ever since he had brought Freyja home, the scrutiny both silent and non had been immeasurably smothering.

“No good morning, son?” Verlin asked with less offense and more complex amusement.

Having not relented from giving them the view of his side profile, Ru suddenly felt disgusting. He wanted to change the clothes he had fallen asleep in. He wanted to shower and wash away the weight of yesterday. Most of all, he wanted to be cleansed of this parental torment.

“Good morning, Sir,” he addressed, pausing as he absently placed toast onto the plate before addressing his mother. “Ma’am.”

Not even as a child had he been able to grow an attachment to the title of ‘mother’ and ‘father’. It bred unhealthy reliance, they told him. They were his superiors and that hierarchy was to be respected. It was lonely, but he had known no different until the academy. He had been molded to adopt the perception that the stories of ‘mommies and daddies’ and other unnecessarily happy bonds within mundane families were meant for those who were too weak in both mind and body to stand alone. However, that had never satiated the jealousy he had felt when parents had come to visit and praise their children’s achievements, or simply check in with them. Sometimes, in such a sick way, he still found himself craving that same kind of approval from his parents that looked so easily won by everybody else.

“How is it?” His mother, Laoise, asked in a neutral manner of tone despite the blunt lack of sensitivity. She often dressed for the life she wanted and had achieved - wealthily, with her golden walnut-colored hair pulled into neat displays, the formal dresses and shawls she wore, to the rich displays of jewelry that consistently decorated her person. Where Ruairi had considered himself to be more in the image of his father, he found himself having adopted subtle mannerisms and variations of expression from his mother. Where his father made little effort to conceal emotions that would otherwise be better off contained for Ru’s sake, his mother was more careful in guarding her true thoughts, as well as intentions. Something he had learned over time was how to hide himself in her stead, though he wondered whether she was so measured because she was a coward, or if she was a monster to the same degree his father was.

She is still asleep,” Ruairi replied, finding it in himself to casually turn to face them, knowing it better to meet their eyes than refuse whatever challenge this conversation might have been. “I wish I had ample time to conversate, but I still have those files you gave me to review in my study, which I imagine we can mutually agree is where my time is better spent.” It had been a convincing enough declaration to be blessed with a nod from his father.

“As you were then,” Verlin replied with a serpentine smile, with Ruairi having turned away to try and spare his focus onto putting conscious effort into what to feed someone who hasn’t eaten in so long. The pickiness, he knew, might have struck his parents as a little odd, but not so out of character that they ceased the progression of the conversation they had picked back up.

While he would have been a fool to disregard and block out his surroundings, he lingered when one of his father’s personal lackeys frantically scampered into the room and exchanged some kind of tense conversation. He hoped it was another situation of interest that had arisen and required his attention beyond the estate.

Hope was abandoned when the entrance of another cast a heavy blanket over the atmosphere, and the silence from his parents alone spurred Ruairi to lift his gaze toward the entrance to see Freyja, reliant on an individual in his home he didn’t even know the name of. Swallowing something thick as Freyja’s expression lifted in a smile he wished could have been used in a better situation, he found himself less surprised that Freyja was capable of theatrics regardless of how close to death she still seemed, and more concerned for her well-being in the vicinity of the people he had desperately wanted to keep her away from.

As she announced her status of life, Ruairi felt the subdued heat of unspoken fury directed toward him, but that was a kind of heat he knew how to endure, which he would surely feel the flames of later. With Laoise’s insistence of the help to leave Freyja’s side, Ru found himself a little in awe of her ability to stand with so much authority about her despite how fragile he had seen her just hours ago.

“I'd say it's nice to finally meet you, but that's yet to be decided. I suppose I'm more surprised to find out that you exist considering the fact that I attended school with your son for twelve years and you couldn’t even be bothered once to show up for him when it counted.”

Ruairi observed his father maintain a thin smile of his own, not without knowing there was a tempered rage hidden behind the expression, but more chilling was the morbid fascination he didn’t care to repress. “You speak of attendance as if it can be used as a measure of care. Actions, not presence, define a parent - though I understand if your own, perhaps, instilled a different impression,” the cutting insinuation he delivered hinted at something dark that he was wholly entertained by. “In any case, I think it is lovely to finally meet someone I have heard so much about.”

The end of Verlin’s response ushered in the actions of Ruairi being able to function in a space that seemed so unbreathable as he set the plate in his hand aside and came to Freyja’s side as she became unsteady. Surprised by his own lack of hesitation to wrap his arm around the fire element’s waist to be the crutch she needed, he found it hard to not be a little impaired by the proximity he was to her. Freyja hardly felt as warm as she should have been and that reality made him frustrated that she didn’t stay in bed, wrapped in blankets, to maintain her warmth. As much as he had learned the benefit of practicing detachment in his parent's presence, Ru knew he couldn’t be so cruel as to practice such a thing on Freyja regardless of the dangers it posed.

After her squeak of a greeting, Ruairi couldn’t decide whether he wanted to smile or chide her. “Hi,” the blond parroted in a softer yet level tone. Stuck between a rock and a hard place now between all of the people who had the most impression on his life in one room, he found it impossible to appear comfortable.

“What a touching display of chivalry, son. I was under the impression you lacked that kind of manner from the hysterics of Miss Valestienne following your rejection of such a perfect young woman,” Verlin mused, as if he had been truly amazed by the sight, taking it upon himself to leave his stoically silent wife’s side to pick up the plate Ruairi had abandoned and walk it to where the pair stood together. Ru found himself tensing, and wanting to recoil from his father’s direct presence, but it was overshadowed by a sense of assertive protection he felt toward Freyja. Taking the plate with his free hand, his father’s gaze traveled over both him and Freyja with intrigue, and something else Ruairi could not place.

“I hope we can all sit together over a meal and have a proper conversation when you’re in better health,” Verlin addressed Freyja, smiling before placing a hand on Ruairi’s shoulder and giving it a familiar squeeze. “I’ll be looking forward to a more private discussion with you in my office whenever you’re available after dinner.”

Ruairi could not have ushered himself and Freyja out quick enough, for her sake alone. Once they were a safe distance from where his parents were inhabiting, and wanting to give Freyja a small break from being on her feet, he sat her down at a window seat that oversaw a considerable stretch of the estate’s garden. Sitting beside her following a hand raking through his hair, he turned the focus of his blue eyes directly to Freyja and offered her the plate. “I distinctly remember telling you to stay in the room,” he started, sighing with a subtle shake of his head. “This isn’t the academy, Freyja. Being tolerated or feared here is not enough to keep you safe in a realm where actions taken against users of your kind of magic are cruel and unkind.” Even if Freyja’s magic was gone, it would not change what she was in the eyes of everyone who would refuse to see her as anything other than a threat.

Turning his head away, ensuring the hall was devoid of any activity for now, Ruairi pinched the bridge of his nose. “I will give you a proper tour when you can stand on your own two feet, but you cannot just wander this place without me and I am telling you this for your own good,” he stressed to her, but he couldn’t be worrying about her safety more than he already was by her being anywhere in his home without him. He wondered if he would have been any better than what she already had at the academy if he just kept her locked away in his room, or bound to this place the same way he was. She had been a prisoner at the academy, and the last thing he wanted was for her to be imprisoned here too in the same way that he was.

Looking back at her, his demeanor softened as his gaze took in the sight of the dress she still wore. It was a reminder he no longer wanted to have following him, and so it needed to change. “Maybe in time I’ll get to take you to the inner part of the capital to go shopping for clothes, but until then, I’d like for you to defer your clothing preferences to one of my retainers so they can run the errand on your behalf.” With a thoughtful pause, he plucked a small cube of cheese he had put on her plate and ate it before he added, “At the very least, despite everything, I want you to be as comfortable as possible. If you need anything, I’ll do what I can to provide it.” Even if there was a lot to still be said and shared, Ruairi wanted her to know that he truly had her best interest of care ahead of anything else. In some sense, he wanted to believe that even if she hated him, he could make her stay with him convenient enough that staying would be in her better interest, or at least delay any desire she had to go elsewhere through his attempts.

Edling x Iconium | Fantasy 1x1July 16, 2024 12:20 AM

Iconium

Neutral

Give Award

Freyja | Fire | Ru

“You speak of attendance as if it can be used as a measure of care. Actions, not presence, define a parent - though I understand if your own, perhaps, instilled a different impression. In any case, I think it is lovely to finally meet someone I have heard so much about.”

Freyja scoffed at his remark, feeling the sharpness in his icy stare but only allowing the ludicrous sentiment of his words to egg her on further. She was surprised to find herself empathizing with Ru more than she was finding the humor in the monsters who had created someone whom she’d formerly found to be such miserable company. In a ruthless tone that somehow seemed to contain all the confidence in the world, Freyja shot back, “I don’t have parents, and being in the same room with you for five minutes is making me glad for that for the first time in my life.”

Although the smile never fell off of her face, her general countenance demonstrated all that she’d been through, and having even some semblance of an argument with Verlin was the most herself Freyja had felt in ages. As she briefly processed the implications of the latter half of the statement, she refused to allow her gaze to waver anywhere remotely in Ru’s direction, willing herself not to give his father the satisfaction of believing that he’d affected her in any manner. “All terrible things I would hope.”

Although the next few exchanges between Ru and his parents were things that intrigued her, primarily the mention of his rejection of a girl that Freyja was certain was utterly horrific and unlivable, she found herself feeling weaker by the moment and was grateful that the blond had stepped in to support her. The room was beginning to spin, and she felt relieved when he finally managed to get them both out of the conversation, not bothering to respond to Verlin’s comment about dinner when she was still in the mindset that she’d be gone sooner rather than later. Despite this, she paused in the doorway for a moment despite Ru’s insistence that they were done making a scene, calling over her shoulder, “oh, and by the way, if you valued actions as much as you say you do, you wouldn’t have insisted on such a horrendous haircut for your son. I know it was you two.”

As the blond helped Freyja to sit down, she barely registered the beautiful estate beyond the window through the spinning of the room and the frequent fluctuations in temperature that had come on with the fatigue. She was starting to feel like she’d overdone it, although a rational person might’ve foreseen that before she’d even left the bedroom. Despite this, fighting with Verlin was the first thing she’d done since waking up that made her feel like there could be some semblance of normalcy in her life, if even for a moment. Even if her body was failing her, her mind was definitely as sharp as it had ever been, and this was the first time she’d had the opportunity to utilize it.

It wasn’t like she didn’t understand why Ruairi wasn’t acting like his normal self. He seemed to have been through a lot, although Freyja wasn’t entirely sure how much of that was her fault and how much of that had to do with circumstances well beyond her influence and control. In some act of something that might have resembled love, she listened to his lecture about her safety without interrupting, allowing him to release whatever was going on in his brain into the atmosphere even if it bored her terribly. It was in this moment that she realized that his normal state was one of caution, and that it was her ability to make him crazy that had led him to do every risky or dangerous thing he’d ever done. In order to entertain herself while he went on and on about safety and danger, she went through her mental checklist of memories of him to validate this theory, feeling the deep sadness hit her once again at the idea that this would all be over and she’d never see him again soon enough.

Although she wanted to test his statement regarding making plans for the future to see if she could get any interesting information out of him that went beyond rules and regulations, she closed her mouth as soon as she’d opened it, initially paralyzed by his expression when he took in her dress, and then silenced by yet another proclamation of things they would be doing together in the future. Was he stupid? Did he really think that she could be playing house with him for eternity while he was yet to find his soulmate and hers was in another realm entirely? This thought almost got her past the confusion of whatever action he was suggesting with the word ‘shopping,’ something she assumed had to do with the making of clothing. Yet, overall, the thing that grabbed her attention more than anything else as she tried her best not to tune him out was how matter-of-fact he was being, and how little he seemed to display any sort of emotion. She could handle his hatred with no problem, but indifference and calmness were two things she had no idea what to do with. They reminded her of Henriik, and the idea of her only escape from him treating her in a similar manner caused something inside of her to break.

She studied him for another moment, attempting to confirm her suspicion before responding with a knowing look. “Why won’t you fight with me? Your dad doesn’t know how to hit me where it hurts like you do. The parent comment was a good try, though.” Then, as if it was the same thought, she continued, “you’re still mad?”

Shaking her head in disbelief at the idea that he would be spending whatever of the last of their time together being actually mad instead of fighting with her like they had for the entirety of their relationship–except for a few key moments in between–Freyja continued, hoping that any explanation she offered him would help him to see her as less frail than she was, looking like the image of death as she slumped against the window, struggling to keep herself up after the effort of walking all the way there. “Look, maybe I was a little bit mean to you between the party and my inevitable death. I would never be sorry, but I am sad that you’re taking that so hard. Shouldn’t I be the one to be mad at you, though? You permanently ruined the only chance I have ever had to know anything about my family that might give me any shot at having a future beyond the academy and when Henriik threatened my life if I didn’t comply with his plans, I figured I was dead either way and I might as well have gotten to throw a huge party out of it. Sue me for going out on my terms.” Then, in a more resentful, low tone, she admitted, “I didn’t think it was going to work, I thought I’d be dead right now.”

As she briefly processed this and once again shifted her thinking so that she was the one who was right and he was the one who was wrong, essentially the way she thought things should be all the time, she watched him with a blatant, cold stare. “And, by the way, if some part of you is mad at me for more than the way I treated you after you killed any chance of a future for me, why do you get to be mad that I made a decision about my life that didn’t involve you? You made it perfectly clear how you felt with your actions, and I went on with my life. Did you think I owed you something because of what happened at the cabin?” She allowed the next words to slip off of her tongue far too easily. “It was just a kiss, they were just words. None of it really mattered in the end, did it?”

Drawing in a deep breath, she forced herself to take in the pain on his face without rubbing in the fact that it had meant something to him. Deep down, it meant something to her too, but the stronger she felt, the more she realized that their time together was coming to an abrupt end and none of it could be anything if she was alleged soulmates with Henriik. In some distorted way, Freyja thought that she was doing the more caring thing by trying to hurt him so much that he couldn’t help but move on and find happiness somewhere else. She hated the idea that it wouldn’t be her, but if whatever his parents had discussed was recent, she hated even more the idea that he was denying himself a future for her sake.

Standing up and summoning another staff member who hadn’t witnessed the scene in the dining room, Freyja got to her feet, once again trying to force herself to look him in the eye after all of the pain she’d caused in a few short sentences. “I have no idea what I’m doing here or what’s transpired, but it seems evident to me that you’ve had some role in saving my life, and, in my mind, that makes us even. I’m willing to forget everything if you are, I don’t want the last few days I ever spend with you to be any different than the first twelve years.”

Sighing once more and giving him a brief smile, she added, “I hope you’re not mad that I talked to your parents like that, it’s the only opportunity I’ll ever get and someone needed to stick up for you, even if it’s out of character for me to be so kind and humanitarian.” She gently patted his shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze in a way that was almost the exact opposite of what she’d watched his father do. “I’ll get enough clothes for a week, I imagine I won’t be here much longer than that with the rate I’m recovering.” Then, in a way that demonstrated humor rather than a serious inquiry, she added, “unless you know something I don’t, which is extremely, extremely unlikely,” giving him little time to respond before she allowed herself to be whisked off toward the bedroom by one of the staff.

“I would tell you not to lose sleep on account of my safety, but that would require you to be getting any at all,” she called over her shoulder, her breathing ragged and voice shaky despite the humor that was evident in what she was saying. “Seriously, though, you should get some rest. You look terrible, and it’s hypocritical to say it to me when you should be saying it to a mirror. There’s enough of them in this place, I’m sure.”

Freyja spent the better part of the afternoon consulting some of the staff members on various things to keep herself away from boredom. While she wasn’t necessarily treating them like humans, she was taking far more interest in the knowledge they had to offer than the family had in a long time, and they seemed fearful either of her or of the way she was interacting with them. Since Freyja had only ever worn the academy uniform, extremely formal gowns, and pajamas, she first inquired about what clothing would be appropriate to wear on a daily basis in their culture, which expanded to a discussion about the culture and the history of their realm and this city in particular. Although the staff seemed reluctant to discuss the relationship between the different people groups in this realm considering the fact that they all possessed earth magic, they were employed by individuals practicing water magic, and speaking to the first person they’d ever met who formerly possessed fire magic, Freyja used her charm to coax them out of their apprehension, satiating her appetite for controversy for the better part of a few hours before even that became tiresome and she longed to leave her room again.

After confirming with the staff where Ruairi had been living and sleeping, Freyja discovered a new corridor opposite of the way she’d traveled to go to the dining room earlier in the day, and was slightly surprised to see the blond hunched over his desk, every mannerism she could witness from behind revealing itself as one of his tells of being extremely keyed up and upset about something. Approaching slowly from behind and taking in the intricate architecture of an otherwise extremely drab and sterile space, Freyja stood behind him at his desk, softly placing a hand on his shoulder in case he hadn’t previously realized she’d entered the space.

“If this is what resting looks like, I’d hate to see you working,” she teased gently, smiling at him as he turned to face her. “You look upset, which is why I’m going to ask you to take me for a tour of your house instead of taking a self-guided tour and making you angry later. Or, at least a few rooms? Are you in or am I going to have to walk around this dangerous warzone all on my own, which I hear from my sources is absolutely terrible for someone of my status, looks, and charisma?”
Edling x Iconium | Fantasy 1x1July 16, 2024 10:12 PM

Edling

Neutral

Give Award

Ruairi | Water | Freyja

“Why won’t you fight with me? Your dad doesn’t know how to hit me where it hurts like you do. The parent comment was a good try, though. You’re still mad?”

Ruairi returned her studious gaze, trying to determine what exactly she was looking to accomplish with what she was saying. Perhaps he’s just spent so much time lately around people who always concealed their own agendas and withheld their intentions when interacting with him, but he suspected Freyja was attempting something similar. Why couldn’t anything be superficial? Why couldn’t anyone just say what they really meant to him? All too quickly he realized he was a hypocrite, though. Especially when it came to Freyja, having his own vast collection of information he hadn’t been privy to sharing with her. He was mad to some degree for various reasons, yes, but more than that he was afraid.

“I’m mad, but not for whatever reasons you may think I am,” the blond replied factly, unwilling to elaborate any further, if only because he was still dodging and weaving a conversation that was eating away at him for neglecting. As Freyja had slumped against the window, Ru found himself more invested in wanting to ask how she felt and getting her the rest of the way back to his room, only to be shut down by the premise of her mouth opening. Initially, Ruairi had found himself watching her expression with suppressed anxiousness, only to avert his attention forward when she referenced what he had done to Heris. It’s not as if he could have ever forgotten such a pivotal moment, not when he wouldn’t let himself. Consciously curling his fingers, he applied pressure to the hidden marks of his gloved palms, assuring himself that forgiveness was not something he could ever treat himself to.

“I didn’t think it was going to work, I thought I’d be dead right now.”

It was too little too late for him to realize the fatal error in wishing to hear anyone say what they meant, especially with everything pouring out of Freyja’s mouth. Of course, he had been waiting for this, but he did not feel any level of comfort knowing that the thing he had been anticipating from her was actually happening. More unbearable than the resentment she held toward what he perceived as him and the reality of living, was the idea she thought that she and Henriik were truly paired. The notion made him feel more ill than she looked.

Silence on his part was something he considered a brooding stoicism, though as she refused to let up in verbally tearing him apart, the guilt he’d been harboring and the implications of her words were making him angry, though still not entirely in the way she had accused. A barely contained outburst was boiling beneath his surface, only tempered by focusing his internal rage into the action of tightly clenching his jaw. He had thought it easier not to look directly into her eyes as she spoke, because he didn’t want to see the genuine loathing she was unmasking for him.

“It was just a kiss, they were just words. None of it really mattered in the end, did it?”

Having found the ability to turn his storming gaze onto her, for just a moment there was a color of devastation that trickled into the blue abyss that had fixated on her, only for him to counter the feeling with rage. “Whatever you say,” he found himself replying with a cold resignation. Even being told something so frustrating, for a brief moment he tortured himself with the idea that it truly could have just been him who made a mountain of a moment out of a molehill of an act on her part. After all they had learned together, he had believed things could be different. But never did he stop to ponder whether Freyja actually wanted that to be the case.

No longer finding the emotional capacity to offer his help to her for the time being, he silently stewed on the one-sided conversation. Why did he always let her do this to him? It was pathetic how dedicated he was to living out the definition of insanity with her. Even as she began talking toward him again, he guarded himself from being any more afflicted by what she had to say. Rising from his own seated position after there seemed to be a longer break in her assault, Ruairi found anything but Freyja to be something to fixate his gaze on.

“I hope you’re not mad that I talked to your parents like that, it’s the only opportunity I’ll ever get and someone needed to stick up for you, even if it’s out of character for me to be so kind and humanitarian.”

Rather than expressing any shred of appreciation he might have felt earlier, he couldn’t help but stare at Freyja like he might have resented her as much as he did his parents. “Your thoughtfulness never ceases to amaze me,” was the sarcastic comment he chose to make, releasing a sharp sigh in unison to the tilt of his head away from her again. She was ignorant of the full scope of the situation, and that was his fault, but he hated how it felt like he was being emotionally tossed around. For every one thing she did or said to soften him, Freyja managed to do a thousand more to cripple him. The gentle touch she offered on his shoulder was probably the first time he did not allow himself to react to her touch, not when he had the urge to grab her wrist, sit her back down, and tell her how wrong she was about everything. About them. About him. Everything.

The irony of what she chose to humor herself with about the span of knowledge he allegedly lacked, a small scoff captured a fraction of the growing desire he was beginning to have to shove down her throat just how much truth he carried. Staring with a blank expression as Freyja decided to toss her last few comments she had for him over her shoulder, he decided out of some spark of childish spite that he wouldn’t rest at all. If she could make such strong decisions about her life, her death, plans to live without him, then at the very least, he could make a decision that didn’t cater to her in any way.

<////////////////>

In retrospect, so adamantly deciding against rest to stare and study legalities and contracts unique to the ways his realm's government operated just seemed like a punishment intended to bore him to death. It was an excruciating death, completely unlike the one he had already experienced. His head found itself tipping into the comfort of his hand as he turned the hundredth page to something he found himself hating for comprehending, he also could not deny the exhaustion that had come with what he had done prior to this commitment in a fit after he had stormed into his study.

While it had been a nice break to shift dull aches from the scar on his back for a while, his right palm burned in protest of having been sliced open for little more than to soothe an emotional outburst. The moment they shared at the cabin didn’t seem like nothing though, which was all he had been desperate to prove to himself. Indulging in that memory Freyja seemed to have found so easy to discard only walked him down the road of reliving Heris’ death again, and while he sat here dwelling on these things for the millionth time, he had to ask himself whether he might have been some kind of closeted masochist who enjoyed torture of varying degrees.

Tensing as he felt a light hand on his shoulder, he hated that he knew who the hand belonged to before he even turned and inclined his head to look at her. Freya’s tease only beckoned a subtle scowl to claim his countenance before he rolled his eyes, too tired from his own personal escapade to not react in the ways he wanted to.

“You look upset, which is why I’m going to ask you to take me for a tour of your house instead of taking a self-guided tour and making you angry later. Or, at least a few rooms? Are you in or am I going to have to walk around this dangerous warzone all on my own, which I hear from my sources is absolutely terrible for someone of my status, looks, and charisma?”

“Don’t pretend you’re asking something of me for my own good,” the blond started his response with as he stood from his desk and turned, though looked past her and toward the door versus actually looking at her. Being stuck on memories and how she had looked at him within those, he knew his weariness was dangerous in terms of sharing what he was feeling through expression. “I’ll walk you through a few rooms, you don’t look capable of being able to endure a full building walk-through.”

Deciding to only guide Freyja to places he actually valued, among that list was the wine cellar, to which he went into a brief history and rules, as well as information on which wines were even worth getting into. Dodging the dining room he decided she had seen enough of for the day, Ruairi showed her the pantries which never went a day without holding enough food to feed an army. As he decided to end his tour with the manor library, which was easily one of the largest rooms of the building, he found its privacy relieving. There was little need for anyone else to enter the space, and only lately has Ru been the one to utilize the library for his gain.

Running a hand over his hair as he watched Freyja take in the new space, he found himself agitated by it, and for no current reason, upset she had only criticized his haircut. It wasn’t that bad. She was wrong, Freyja was so wrong about so many things, and knowing he had the power to shatter whatever pleasure she had in the illusion of being right was more attractive than he had previously let himself believe. “You’re not always right, you know,” Ruairi abruptly inserted into the silence. “I’m not mad about you being mean, you’ve been like that for practically the entire time that I’ve known you. No, what makes me angry is that you so selfishly believe you know everything, so much so you don’t even ask why I killed Heris in the first place, you assumed I did it because you believe I’m capable of hating you to the same degree that you very clearly hate me. There’s no room for explanation though when Freyja is always right, isn’t that true? There couldn’t possibly be any other reason besides the one you came to the conclusion of.”

Ru felt like he had a delayed reaction to the conversation he had previously remained primarily silent in, though perhaps it was his own varying levels of exhaustion and months of internalization that were clawing their way out in the form of a heated vent. Pacing a portion of the space in his immediate vicinity, he flexed his hands in and out of fists as he continued his tirade. “If none of it really ever mattered to you, if you so desperately wanted to die, then at the very least I do owe you an apology for saving your life on so many separate occasions. But I’ll start specifically with being sorry that I killed Heris that night before she killed you first, I should have been a better boyfriend and turned a blind eye to her homicidal conquest. Most of all, I’m sorry that I intervened in the pairing ceremony after you tried to kill yourself, because it just might drive you to insanity knowing who you’re truly tethered to, for what I’ve been told is forever, is me.

Slowing his angry stride, mostly because being angry was only further exhausting himself, he began to cool, though he couldn’t meet her eyes. “I can’t discard things that happened as easily as you can. I don’t know how you expect me to forget, when I have spent months remembering,” gesturing toward her loosely with a flick of his hand, he continued in a lower tone, “The worst part about any of this is that I am still incapable of despising you in every way I should, in every way I’ve wished I could. I just can’t. I can’t let you go. I couldn’t stand it when you mouthed goodbye at the ceremony. I couldn’t yield to accepting you were never going to wake up, and couldn’t bring myself to believe that trying was a waste.” Running his hand down the length of his mouth, he momentarily covered his mouth as he briefly reflected on everything it had spilled, yet he could only bring himself to sigh.

“The only thing I hate about you, Freyja, is that I can’t actually hate you, no matter how hard I’ve tried.” Ruairi ended as he turned himself away from her, feeling as if he might have shed ten pounds he had been storing in his chest. There was no response of any kind he expected from her, especially after bombarding her so abruptly. Quite frankly, Ru wasn’t even sure he wanted to hear anything she had to say, anyway. It would be easier if she acted in the way that seemed all too easy for her to indulge in, which would be to forget he said any of this. As much as he had thought it possible to at least keep her in his company, even at arm's length, he came to the realization that what had been killing him the most was the fact that he knew he couldn’t.

In the end, maybe everything he had done and whatever more he could do wouldn’t matter. Maybe it never had the potential to. If Freyja says so, then surely it must be true.

Edling x Iconium | Fantasy 1x1July 17, 2024 01:02 AM

Iconium

Neutral

Give Award

Freyja | Fire | Ru

The fire element had remained more or less quiet as her companion walked her around the house, feeling grateful that another few hours had bought her the slightest increase in stamina and strength, two things that led to her ultimate goal of independence. Although she took in the wine cellar and the pantries with little interest considering the fact that she, firstly, wouldn’t be here long enough to get into any sort of trouble where knowledge of these locations was necessary, and secondly, had been hoping for a tour that was more personal and seemed less like something she might receive at a museum, she remained largely intrigued by the fact that Ru’s tells were screaming at her that he was some sort of emotional explosive just waiting to be set off.

Much to her disappointment, the blond waited until the first room that had captivated any semblance of her attention to actually explode, and she couldn’t help but stagger her movements as he began to speak, slowly closing a book she’d opened and turning with an amused expression at his first words, which had been spoken to her back. An unconcealed smirk was plastered across her face as she leaned against one of what appeared to be a thousand towering bookshelves that seemed to evaporate into nothing at a level of the grandiose manor that was out of eyesight, on some other level that was exponentially taller than the feeble girl. Since she knew him well enough to know that it made no sense to attempt to speak on the first, second, or even third rant, she simply sat back and took in the view, some small part of her beyond the smugness of being right–which allowed her to miss the initial point of the words he’d spoken, which sounded better as fact than as the sarcasm he was attempting to convey–feeling relief that he was finally getting out emotions that seemed to have been glued to him since the actual moment she’d walked away from him in the boathouse so many days ago. Since her recollection of time was different from his, she could hardly fathom how these feelings were still so fresh since it felt like last week for her and she’d already managed to forgive and forget.

As Ru rambled on, Freyja hadn’t given the blond the respect of staying rooted in one place, instead continuing to do what she’d allegedly been brought here to do, which was to explore a small facet of her favorite rival’s childhood home, and thus, his childhood. Her interest only piqued when he made mention of the pairing ceremony, which was the first time she’d looked up from an entire shelf dedicated to propagandist literature about the extermination of individuals wielding fire magic. Turning to face him for the first time in a few moments when his overly dramatic monologue shifted to contain fragments of content that resembled sought-after answers, Freyja was brought to a brief moment of seriousness and neutrality in expression before reverting back to humor and amusement at what was, in her mind, so clearly a joke.

Snickering quietly to herself for a brief moment, Freyja rolled her eyes at the idea that he could’ve been her soulmate for eternity. She brought a small stack of books over to a desk that sat off to one side in the center of the room, rolling her eyes as she put down the first few. “Ha. Good one, you almost got me,” she replied, cutting the tension from his dramatic pause in half with her untimely movements. In doing all of this, she’d not once stopped to look at his face. She was used to being around people for whom lying was a way of life at the academy, and it wasn’t until she considered how easily she could see through Ru’s lies that it struck her that it was even a possibility that he could be telling the truth. As she looked up to meet his unyielding expression, she dropped the book in her hand, suddenly feeling weak from more than just the effects of whatever they’d done to bring her back to life. She dropped into the desk chair that had been positioned beside her, inhaling slowly as if the sudden sense that she had a grasp on this situation would come to her on a single breath. Studying the stormy and brooding quality in his bright blue eyes, she finally said, “you’re not joking, are you?”

Perhaps if he’d given her even a moment to process the massive bomb he’d just dropped on her that changed everything she’d believed since she’d woken up, she would’ve had an easier time following the anxious rampage of thoughts that followed from the point where he’d gathered her attention again to where he’d lost it so soon after. Her mind was growing increasingly foggy as she tried to concentrate on trying to visualize what had happened in the aftermath of when everything had gone black for her, knowing full well that she didn’t exactly have the energy levels to process such concepts when she’d literally been dead less than a day prior. As he continued to speak, the words that were coming out of his mouth seemed to come faster and faster as the thoughts inside her head became louder and louder until his declarations of his feelings for her became little more than a rich hum, going strong for a matter of minutes until they eventually tapered off into silence.

After a new kind of silence filled the space for a matter of moments, the insistence in Ru’s stare caused Freyja to speak. Her throat was thick with emotion that she wouldn’t have dealt with unless it became tangible in the form of tears, and when she noticed that they didn’t sting for the second time, no longer masked by the searing pain of having her magic stolen away from her, she only began to panic more at what seemed to be a tangible validation of Ru’s otherwise irrational claims.

“I don’t know what to say,” she snapped, her voice demonstrating a harshness that starkly contrasted the childlike quality of vulnerability and fear in her eyes. She didn’t have to admit to the barrage of feelings about him and their situation that this brought on–things she’d otherwise locked away with the skeletons in her closet for good given the impossibility of their former situation–when her eyes betrayed her so. “The way that you’re looking at me right now is not fair, I don’t even know what I feel and, to make matters worse, I have no idea how you feel about any of this. You’ve had months to process this, I just got it sprung on me. Clearly it wasn’t just a kiss for you, that much is certain, but what does it change between us? How does it change our circumstances other than making them last forever? We can’t even be in the same room without trying to kill each other, how could you possibly imagine that anything to do with the two of us trying to be happy together would end up in any manner other than tragedy?”

It was only at these last words that tears that had turned back into anger liquified into tears once more, the sentiment behind what she’d spoken holding a deeper meaning than what she actually said. It was written all over her face that what she was actually processing was the grief she’d been pushing down since that night at the cabin regarding not only what had happened to them in their youth but at the idea that she’d spend a lifetime mourning a future with him that seemed impossible to both of them after graduation given the circumstances. She’d heard Arah tell her a million times that their realm was not a place for fire elements, and while Freyja had jokingly accused her roommate of saying this in order to scare her into being far enough away from Ru that he might consider being sworn enemies with the earth element, she’d taken to heart the notion that their realm was not a place where there was a future for her. She’d known for years that graduation from the academy would be the end of her relationship with both of them, but it hadn’t hurt her until things started going her way with the water element at the cabin. It wasn’t until then that she truly felt the weight of what it would mean to lose him forever, just when things were beginning to turn in their favor. Considering how easily she’d pressed this down after how things had gone with their return, it was no surprise that these heavy feelings began to come up and suffocate her at a moment such as this.

It wasn’t until the silence that followed Freyja’s emotional words and pleading green gaze that she was able to properly observe a new sound that seemed to have come out of nowhere, a heavy pounding noise that seemed to be coming from the roof. When she gazed out the window that the blond stood in front of, she saw clear droplets of water coming down in a massive shower not dissimilar to what she remembered Ru going out in that first night they’d reached the cabin in the dark. The strange thing that she noticed was that it only seemed to be coming down over the roof they were under as the sky still appeared blue and bright over the gardens. This brought her attention to a faraway fountain, then another, noticing that water was exploding everywhere across the massive garden as well as above their heads.

Looking down slowly to find her fists clenched in a posture that she might’ve taken if she were wielding her own fire magic to keep herself calm in an argument, Freyja looked to Ru as if to ask him if all of these things, each completely out of control and hemorrhaging power in a way that was reckless and taxing, were his doing. She could feel that the power was coming from both of them in a way that she’d never felt before, and because she was already lacking in strength and energy, it wasn’t long before everything went dark for Freyja once more, her limp body slumping and sliding out of the chair, onto the floor with a thud. As she did, the storm showers ceased and the fountains returned to their normal state, leaving only one conclusion about who had wielded such massive amounts of power that seemed impossible, even for a couple who now shared the same reservoir of magic.

The next time Freyja awoke, it was dark and she was back in the bed with a sharp pain radiating from one side of her head. From the dim glow of the lights in the room, she made out Ru’s figure sitting in his usual chair beside the bed, and she turned to meet him with a weak smile. “Hi,” she spoke softly, as if it were more taxing than she wanted to give off the impression that it was. Still, she smiled at him gently, unsure of how he’d treat her given the rollercoaster of emotions that the pair had expressed in one short day. “It was a terrible idea to give me a tour of the house, I can’t believe I let you talk me into that,” she teased, her expression still light on the surface but masking a very noticeable level of emotion that couldn’t be denied. She had a million questions and other things that she wanted to say in that moment, but none of them seemed appropriate when it was difficult to read where he was at with everything and whether or not what she’d done in the distant and recent past had been enough to bring him to allow her to push him away forever. Deciding to let him be the one to break the ice yet again, Freyja turned on her side to face him, an innocent and soft expression taking hold of her features as her eyes locked onto his, attempting to find an emotion to latch onto other than the ever-evident exhaustion and concern that seemed to consume him as of late.

Edling x Iconium | Fantasy 1x1July 17, 2024 11:17 PM

Edling

Neutral

Give Award

Ruairi | Water | Freyja

“I don’t know what to say.”

Looking back at Freyja and witnessing the fear in her eyes only made more of a mess of everything he was feeling. Ruairi didn’t want to make sense of what he saw in her, possessing some fraction of self-preservation that could safeguard him from the things that could cripple him was all he wanted to hold onto. Even so, as she continued an emotional yet crushingly more pragmatic approach to their reality, Ru found himself locked in a state of painful realization. In all the time he spent waiting, he never thought further ahead than the possibility of her waking up, declaring her loathing, and leaving. His perspective for the entire time he had worked through processing everything was warped by feelings versus logic. As he considered their situation more critically, his gaze fixated on the presence of Freyja’s tears and the expressions she wore, he felt his heart begin to palpitate.

A sudden rain began to fall and Ruairi had found both his sight and attention straying upward before it drifted toward the window. With an adjustment of his standing position, the impossibility of what he was watching made his mind momentarily blank. The simultaneous volatility of the fountains was something he was slowly striving to accomplish the mastery of, but what he was watching was not something he could manifest. Turning back toward Freyja, more prepared to defend himself about what was occurring, the stance she had taken was synonymous with how she would carry herself with her own magic when arguing. He knew because it reminded him to be on guard enough to avoid getting burned.

Finding himself at Freyja’s side after she hit the floor, the abrupt cease in the aquatic chaos outside left Ruairi with so many more questions and concerns than he had walked in here with. While he knew it was expected to be able to share in small amounts of magic when paired, it didn’t take a genius to see that what had just occurred was not by any means a small usage of magic. How she could use such an intense extent of what he could, he wasn’t sure he could even begin to fathom.

</////////////>

As much as Ruairi didn’t enjoy leaving Freyja alone, he couldn’t help but to step outside into the garden to survey the aftermath for himself. While the areas of the garden affected by the water surge weren’t terribly flooded, what was leftover was a clear indication of something completely unfeasible. Using his already strained magic for the purpose of evaporating the excess moisture in an effort to clean up the mess that Freyja had seemed to have made, he was not surprised to find himself joined by his father.

“I’d say I’m impressed,” Verlin would begin with an expression of both intrigue and scrutiny, “but I know your capabilities well enough to know you’re not the executor of this event so deserving of my amazement.”

“We’re supposed to talk after dinner,” Ru replied in a flat tone, choosing to calm himself in the moment through his focus on his magic.

“And you were supposed to have thrown this girl’s company away years ago,” he replied, with Ru having little need to look at him directly to hear the smile in his tone. “However, things seem to change.” After a pause, just for the appeal of watching Ruairi try so hard to feign indifference, he continued, “Your mother and I have decided we should have that dinner together between us and the walking disaster you brought home tonight. Establishing a clearer path of what your future holds is important enough to be addressed as soon as possible, and I have no doubts you and your most precious possession are equally looking forward to celebrating what your sacrifice led to.”

Saying all he had come to, and getting no verbal engagement from Ru, Verlin had only chuckled to himself before granting Ruairi the peace of his absence. Feeling nothing short of dread, the water element found himself too out of touch with self-control to use his magic any longer, feeling its use flicker and fade from his grasp and becoming more acutely aware of his heartbeat.

<///////////>

Wishing Freyja wouldn’t wake up after the aftermath of something he genuinely didn’t know how to process or explain, he hoped it would give him the only viable excuse to skip dinner. After what happened in the library Ru didn’t particularly want her moving around, let alone eating with his parents, which Ruairi was also not fond of doing in general. Finding it hard to close his eyes as he grasped in vain toward a peace that did not exist within him, after only a handful of moments did he hear subtle moving in the bed. Why wouldn’t she wake up and further inconvenience him? He had the strange urge to laugh quietly to himself about just how unfortunate most waking moments of his life have been lately.

Seeing Freyja smile in the darkness of his room brought him at the very least something to study. The evident weariness that came with the simple expression was something that further convinced Ru that she shouldn’t be getting up at all, that dinner was an unnecessary event to be endured tonight. “Hi,” he replied, offering her a thin smile that was empty of emotion.

“It was a terrible idea to give me a tour of the house, I can’t believe I let you talk me into that.”

Maybe if he didn’t know what was to come in such a short amount of time, Ru might have actually appreciated her humor, even if it was only a little. As he came to survey her features though, he saw more of himself in the way Freyja was concealing what she might have been both thinking and feeling, but now was definitely not the time he wanted to know whatever it was that she was keeping to herself. Rubbing the back of his neck as he further braced himself to accept what was to be expected of them, he sighed. “I have an even worse idea,” he said with a pained smile. “The only proper end to such a disastrous tour should be dinner with my parents in the dining room.” Allowing the time for it to filter that what he said was less of a suggestion and more of an impending reality, Ru's foot began to tap while his hands grasped the top of his knees.

“There's still an hour, give or take, until dinner is scheduled to begin. If you want more time to gather yourself, I'll stall,” rising from the chair, flexing his hands in and out of anxious fists, he added, “until then, you know where I can be found resting.”

<///////////>

Dinner felt more like an opportunity for Ruairi’s parents to talk around both him and Freyja rather than to them, and in ways Ru understood all too well, was more of an act of subtle retribution. It was hard to focus on a conversation he wasn’t really meant to have any say in. Giving only rehearsed nods and throwaway words that held no meaning, he felt like he was a spectator of his own life, while his mind drifted elsewhere. In all the places his mind had tried to seek refuge, it only found islands of confusion, despair, and rage to crash into. There was no happy place for him to go to, and he wondered when exactly he had lost that.

“As much as I understand how soon and insensitive this may seem to push for, given the circumstances,” Laoise had begun, particularly allowing her hazel eyes to note Freyja in a way similar to how she had watched her more closely throughout dinner. “I very much suggest we invest in the finalization of your pairing through hosting the traditional celebrations here. This will have been leaked more publicly sooner rather than later anyway, I’d suggest we stay ahead of any weeds of gossip before it spreads.” While Laoise did not smile, she didn’t particularly sound cold or unkind. That is what Ruairi found most difficult when dealing with his mother, however. Superficially she seemed neutral enough to mean no harm, and yet her past actions otherwise were a stark contrast to the facade.

“It doesn’t really matter who offers the news to the public, they’ll digest it all the same and come to the conclusion that Freyja - former user of fire magic or not - is still a lingering threat to their safety and livelihoods because it is the only education we have never relented in shoving down the throats of everyone within the realm.” Ruairi had found himself replying, shaking his head in disagreement. While he should have known the celebrations were bound to happen, or be addressed eventually, he didn’t understand why there was so much urgency in ushering it all in right now. Not when he couldn’t think properly, not when he was sweating in an excessive way that was not lost on him, and not when he could barely manage to hold the utensil in his hand without repressing the betrayal of his hand's tremors.

Even in such a state, the sheer gravity of holding celebrations that would only place Freyja in a position both uncomfortable and dangerous did not escape him. Would she even be willing to smile and pretend, or would she find pleasure in publicly leveling him for both his people and parents to see? Not to mention the fact he could very easily be thrown to the wolves when it comes to addressing concerns by people of both power and non about the pairing, especially as the alleged successor of his parent's authority. Who would accept the mere idea of even a former fire magic wielder as their superior here? Ruairi could only see ridicule and protest in his future now that he was daring himself to think about it all, and if he didn’t have the future he had been groomed to believe was the only thing fate had in store for him, what the hell was the point to anything?

Knowing his parents were offering counters to his concerns, he couldn’t hear them over the sound of his heart pounding in his ears as he abruptly dropped his silverware onto the untouched plate he had in front of him. Being crushed by what felt like the weight of an ocean was a difficult kind of pain to tolerate, and as he wiped the back of his hand across his slick forehead, the sensation of every bone being broken in his chest and his ribs being shattered became too much to not react to. “Excuse me,” was all he could force out of his throat in what he had struggled to get out in a controlled tone, rising from his seat and wasting no time before leaving the room.

As he felt like he was dying on the way to his room, he told himself he had no one to blame for this searing agony but himself. Every decision he’s made for the better half of a decade has led him further and further into a derailment of the life he had so easily planned out for him. He could have lived without needing to think, it could have been so much easier. It could have hurt so much less, even if it had been a life weathered alone. The closer he got to his room, the more he felt like needing to crawl in order to make it the rest of the way. Ru couldn’t breathe beneath the weight of what was killing him, and he could hardly see straight as he stumbled through the door and clumsily managed to get into the bathroom.

Having turned the water of his shower on, the only collectively conscious thought he had was to step into the lukewarm rush of liquid, fully clothed and falling back against the wall. The blood rushing to his head made him feel hot and disorientingly dizzy, his ability to speak at all taken and strangled into a tormented silence. His eyes closed, restraining whatever tears could have manifested from the excruciating level of distress and pain he found himself in as he slid down the wall soaking wet, succumbing to an impossible pressure breaking apart his body from within. In previous attacks like this, he had usually found himself being able to think rationally enough to know he was not dying, but this time he could not convince his body that what it was being put through was anything other than its end. Helplessly he found himself at the mercy of shallow breaths that didn’t seem to fill his lungs, and his hands grasping at his chest as if with enough focus they could tear it open and relieve him of this impossible weight. This time though, he didn’t have the strength to fight for himself, not when in a moment of such immense weakness he didn’t even know what he truly had to fight for at all.

Edling x Iconium | Fantasy 1x1July 18, 2024 08:50 PM

Iconium

Neutral

Give Award

Freyja | Fire | Ru

At the mention of an even worse idea, Freyja’s eyes lit up, clearly more interested in getting into trouble with Ru than in being stuck in a sad and emotional place over things they had no control over. Her mind was still a mess from all of the new truths she was processing that still felt like lies, and although Ruairi didn’t seem to be in the space to bicker with her like he might’ve been in times past, his father was an easy target too.

“No way, no need,” she replied at the mention of stalling. She practically leapt out of bed, forcing herself to be more careful than she really desired to be so that he wouldn’t worry and she wouldn’t give him more to worry about. “Enjoy your rest,” she parroted back, placing emphasis on a task she wasn’t even sure he’d manage if he were competing with her in it.

After he promptly left her to her own devices to prepare for what he knew from experience as a traumatic event, Freyja was thrilled to find that the staff had gone out and shopped for her in her absence, allowing her to attend dinner in something other than the attire of a corpse. Although it took her a bit longer than it might’ve in previous moments, the young woman made light work of choosing an outfit and tending to her hair and makeup, staring in the mirror and briefly taking in her appearance. In some ways she barely recognized herself, but given the state of mind that the underlying feelings were something she desperately wanted to ignore for the evening, Freyja simply averted her eyes from the shell of herself that she still appeared, even with the drastic improvements that were made with such small actions. It briefly occurred to her that this was the first time she’d been forced to look at herself since everything had happened, and while styled hair, makeup, and clothing might appear to return Freyja to her normal state in Ru’s eyes, she was just coming to terms with the state that he’d seen her in for the past few months.

Even as the pair walked to dinner together, Freyja noticed that something was off about her counterpart and that his mind was preoccupied with other things. While there was definitely a piece of her that wanted to show interest in everything he was feeling, pushing her own feelings down was enough of a task for the moment, and her mind was too scattered to feel like she’d be any help in navigating his. He always knew what to say to her, whether to crush her or to make her feel better. He seemed to have a better mastery over his emotions than she did, perhaps if only because there had formerly been some use in utilizing her emotions to wield magic, not to communicate effectively about her needs and feelings. These things were a means to an end for her, fuel for creating powerful and effective magic. Unpacking them was something she had no interest in, although she realized that she’d have to do this eventually, if only for the blond’s sake.

As they found themselves seated at a table across from Verlin and Laoise, Freyja was unsurprised to find that the primary motive for ‘family time,’ if it could even be called that, was business, and that business happened to be introducing the pair of them to the world as immortal soulmates who seemed to contradict both of those descriptors in every way. The red-haired girl couldn’t help but find the humor in the fact that they both appeared to be the face of death in every way and could not have been farther from soulmates in any definition. Still, whatever stunt Ruairi had pulled had paid off, and she hadn’t had the stomach to ask him for more details when he seemed to be perpetually drowning in his own grief from whatever source. He barely responded at dinner to anything that was said, not even giving Freyja the reaction she so desired when she suggested to Laoise that this so-called celebration should be an all-out rager, nor when she began referring to both of his parents as ‘mom’ and ‘dad’ in an effort to draw attention to the manner in which he addressed his parents, which was just one more strange thing to add to the list she was keeping in her head.

Perhaps the most emotion she got out of Ruairi was when she verbalized that her dinner had definitely been poisoned, but, much to the amusement of his parents, gave them the benefit of trying it anyway. This action was done with trust in the fact that what the water element had told her about their pairing was completely true and valid, and that she was, in fact, immortal. Although she briefly displayed signs of what was most certainly a poisoning, she awoke from her slumped position after a matter of seconds, slightly groggy but not otherwise any more damaged than she had been before this science experiment.

“Nice try, dad,” she said, partially as a consolation for their shared and visibly evident disappointment. “It was a noble effort, I’ll give you that.”

Not long after this, the topic of conversation returned back to the pairing celebration, which only featured another ten minutes or so of Ru’s parents talking around them while she shifted her attention between observing their odd dynamic and taking in the blond’s impending state of panic. For the second time that day, his tells were screaming that he was going to implode, which only indicated to Freyja that there would be an end to this occasion sooner rather than later.

As he abruptly exited the table, face flushed and limbs shaking, Freyja muttered under her breath, “so there is a God,” giving him a few moments to get a headstart on her before exiting from her own place at the table. Pausing before she fully exited the scene, she said, “mom, dad, it’s been real, as always. Enjoy your mortality.”

Turning to leave again, then pausing again to face them, then taking another step toward the exit, then turning yet again, Freyja debated asking the question that was on her mind before finally releasing it into the air. “What did he ever do to you that makes you treat him like this?”

“He fell in love with the greatest mistake to have ever been made,” came Verlin’s response, which only brought more amusement to Freyja.

“I love the transparency in this family, it really makes me feel like we’ll be close forever. Oh wait, only some of us have forever to live.”

Offering a dismissive gesture with her hand, she took off down the hall after Ru, the sound of her heels clicking on the floor only increasing the aura of confidence that she was emitting into the air in that moment. As she walked past the windows for a second time that day, her gaze turned outward toward the gardens, which were illuminated with lanterns that made the entirety of the outside world appear to glow. The appearance of light in any form made her begin to miss her magic, which was something that she’d not felt so deeply in any moment leading up to this. Still, in an effort to focus her priority on the blond, who’d certainly gone off somewhere to panic alone, Freyja cast this thought aside for the moment.

It didn’t take long for the fire element to find the blond huddled on the floor in his shower, fully clothed and with the water running. It wasn’t a huge surprise to her that this was where he had chosen to go, as far as she knew it was the nearest space with water, and this always seemed to calm him. It was strange to her, the way that he just wanted interaction with water when he needed to be soothed. When she needed to be soothed, she took more pleasure in blowing things up, either socially or with her magic. Still, nearly every thought she had in that moment was replaced with a desire to alleviate some of his suffering at any cost, her green eyes taking in how pitiful he seemed in that moment. He hadn’t even done so much as remove his gloves or his shoes, he’d simply walked into the shower and crumpled to the floor.

“Hey,” she said gently, her demeanor a complete contradiction of what it had been at the dinner table. Although the mist from the shower irritated her skin in a way that vaguely gave Freyja hope of her powers eventually returning, nothing in that moment would have prevented her from getting to the blond in his moment of crisis. She knelt down on the outside of the shower, not brave enough to submerge her own body in a liquid that had been fatal to her for so many years, but brave enough to endure it in small doses to be in close proximity to Ru. Seeing the panicked quality that he wore on his face and in his body, Freyja offered him a soft, empathetic smile and cupped his face in her right hand, briefly caressing his cheek with her thumb. “Let’s get you out of the shower, okay?”

Although she posed this like it was a choice, her unwavering confidence gave him little room to do anything but agree with her, and soon she’d managed to persuade him to move a foot or two out of the actual shower and onto the elaborate tile flooring. After turning the shower off for her own benefit, Freyja found herself sitting beside the water element, back pressed against one of the bathroom cabinets as she ignored the sharp, tingling feeling of the water on her skin. It was definitely muted from what she’d experienced in the past, but nonetheless irritating on a small scale. Despite her discomfort, she soon found herself holding the blond, who was seemingly too vulnerable and panicked to do anything other than relax into her touch, still shaking and breathing in a way that indicated his distress.

“Your face is flushed,” she observed calmly, as if it were a unique quirk of his and nothing that she was concerned about. Typically she didn’t get to experience the entirety of his panic attack with him, and in some ways the newness of this arrangement allowed her to see new sides of him that she hadn’t in years past.

“I know you’ve been through a lot, it’s not good to keep all of that inside.” She allowed her hand to find its way back to his face, her fingers entwined in his hair. “I don’t know exactly what’s going on in your mind, but I know it’s not a good place for you to be alone. You don’t have to be strong for anyone anymore, I’m here now. You don’t have to hold in everything all the time, it’s causing you to implode.”

Now that it had been many minutes of her holding him while his heart rate and other physiological symptoms returned to normal, Freyja was thoroughly wet and she could feel that both of them were growing cold due to the fact that the once-warm water was cooling on their clothing. She began to peel his gloves off, curious about the marks that were evident through the wet material, but even more curious once she got them off. “What’ve you been doing to yourself?” She inquired, not in a judgmental way but with more concern than anything. Without pausing to make the moment into anything that could overwhelm him more now that he finally seemed to be calming down, she started to unbutton his shirt, taking the gloves and the shirt and discarding them to one side of the room as she threw him a towel, grabbing one for herself.

After leaving him for a moment with the promise that she’d return with dry clothes, Freyja instructed the staff to help her get some clothing for the blond, returning to him briefly with new instructions to get dressed and get into bed while she changed her own clothes. She exited the room briefly to consult the staff on where she could find pajamas for herself, and when she returned to Ru’s room, now dressed and dry with a blanket draped over her body, she couldn’t help but smile softly at the sight of him looking more peaceful than she had seen him in a long time, even if it was a result of exhaustion.

Getting into bed beside him, she watched him with a gentle, kind gaze, studying his expression for any sign of emotion that he might be willing to offer her beyond his simple aura of sleepiness. “Hi,” she said softly, in the same sweet manner she’d greeted him several other times since she’d come to. She propped herself up on one arm, gently touching his face once more as a silent sign of affection. “How are you feeling?”

Then, without necessarily waiting for him to lie and say that he was feeling worlds better when she knew for a fact that he wasn't, she turned on the lamp beside her, opening up an outrageously-titled book on fire elements that she'd acquired from the library. She turned away from him, beginning to read the first few pages of the book absentmindedly, her attention still focused on the feeling of the bright blue gaze that was burning into her. Although things were tense between them, there was a strong tension that still lingered between them the same way it had at the cabin, the same way it lingered whenever they were in close proximity to one another. After a moment or two, she was still pretending to read despite the way that she'd deemed it a lost cause, and, without looking up from the grotesque literature, she spoke a second time. "After you left, your dad said something crazy. Well, crazier than normal. He said you're in love with me."

In one movement, she allowed the book to drop to her lap, her gaze studying his expression in the dim lighting. Knowing exactly what she was doing, she allowed her gaze to drop to his lips for a moment, feeling her own heart race at the implications. Her voice held the same implications as her movements, despite the fact that it was even softer than her previous claims. Returning to lean on the elbow that was closest to him, she allowed her gaze to study his bright eyes with no shame or pressure to turn away, regardless of their close proximity. "Where do you think he got that idea?"

Edited at July 18, 2024 09:01 PM by Iconium
Edling x Iconium | Fantasy 1x1July 19, 2024 09:57 PM

Edling

Neutral

Give Award

Ruairi | Water | Freyja

“Hey.”

It took a few seconds before Ruairi had processed and accepted Freyja’s presence, though not happily initially. Battling himself though, the only protest he could express in her seeing him so crippled was a few shakes of his head. There was a sliver of thought that passed through his muddled mind about Freyja and the danger of water, finding it more comprehensible to consider someone else versus coming to terms with the destructive weight that was killing him. Praying to die before he opened his eyes, Ru turned his head a fraction to see through the fog clouding his vision, with the most distinctive thing about Freyja to him right now being her hair. It was very red. Had it always been?

“Let’s get you out of the shower, okay?”

His blue eyes begged to plead that it was impossible to move, that there was too little oxygen in his lungs and too great of a mass breaking him to be able to get up. It was cruel, he thought to himself, for her to smile at him like she believed he could do it. Regrettably, his face had leaned into the hand on the side of his face, closing his eyes again to stitch himself together enough strength to manifest energy he didn’t have to move. After what felt like could have been blurred hours of strangled breaths and tormentingly slow movement, he had come to register he no longer had the stimuli of the shower’s water to anchor himself to. As much as he would have otherwise fervently tried to conceal himself when it came to expressing such raw pain and vulnerability, he was thankful that of all the people who could have possibly found him in such a condition, it was Freyja.

“I can’t breathe,” Ru would tell her a time or two as he slowly succumbed to leaning into Freyja, accepting and appreciating the sensation of not feeling like he was dying alone. It felt more than foreign to have someone to physically lean on in a moment like this, being able to recall no time before where there had been anyone to sit with him, and at least silently assure him the world wasn’t as cold as his trembling limbs were convinced to believe otherwise.

“Your face is flushed.”

Ruairi had never actually visibly witnessed what he must have looked like during the entirety of a panic attack, so he was inclined to believe whatever Freyja commented. It couldn’t have been impossible, considering the sickening heat that came with how unsteady the world felt even through closed eyes and something to lean on.

“I know you’ve been through a lot, it’s not good to keep all of that inside. I don’t know exactly what’s going on in your mind, but I know it’s not a good place for you to be alone. You don’t have to be strong for anyone anymore, I’m here now. You don’t have to hold in everything all the time, it’s causing you to implode.”

Finding a building clarity through Freyja’s voice and the gentle entanglement of her fingers in his butchered curls, Ru had held onto the lifeline she had thrown down to him through the sea of agony that had only promised to devour him moments before. Slowly, the metaphorical ocean began to lift and dissipate from his chest. His ribs were miraculously mending themselves, and his lungs were capable of remembering how to do their only job.

Replacing the anguish that had debilitated him, exhaustion he was more than willing to slump into blanketed Ru, only combated by the increasingly colder temperature brought on by his wet clothes that managed to seep beyond his articles of clothing and skin, numbing his bones the longer he sat with Freyja. However, he would have silently stayed like this forever if it meant never being capable of enough thought to go through the pain he just had again.

Feeling his gloves unsheathing hands, Ru gave a weak shake of his hand to try and defy the act, muttering a barely demanding, “Don’t”. They were off before he could even finish his single, breathy word. Deciding it wasn’t worth trying to look for any more negativity in his life by trying to wonder what might have been going through her head as she looked at the scars that made his palms an imperfect sight. He simply, loosely held them open for her to gauge. There was no point in hiding something he had no strength to conceal.

“What’ve you been doing to yourself?”

Internally groaning in a quiet way that was only meant to express his difficulty in encouraging his throat to open enough for him to speak, he managed a mumble. “Remembering… not letting go,” he breathed as he took a moment to collect a string of thoughts capable of forming a sentence as she began unbuttoning his shirt. “Using my magic to look at memories of us through my blood,” he articulated, being more blunt in his response to spare him using unnecessary words of explanation.

Every motion that followed Freyja tossing him a towel was a herculean effort, but Ruairi found strength he didn’t otherwise possess for the time being through the care he was given. While he had dried himself and gotten dressed, he couldn’t help but fall into the idea that Freyja actually cared about him, even if it was to a degree he could not define. Rather than try to unravel his own conclusion and spark the same doubts that had grown so out of control, Ru found himself finding acceptance in Freyja’s actions, and leaving them at that.

Eventually finding himself having chosen a side of his own bed to lay supine on, he came to realize just how much he had missed the comfort of an actual mattress to lay on. It cradled his frame in a way that a couch could never. It was even easier for him to consider falling asleep just as he was had it not been for his eyes shifting toward the emergence of Freyja. Her soft smile elicited a faint one of his own even if he could not decide what particular reason he wanted to smile for. Being greeted the same way he had been several times before, Ru treated himself to a deeper breath before responding with an equally simple and soft, “Hi.” Watching her with a calm expression as Freyja shifted her position beside him and touched his face, asking how he felt, he smiled again, but only to solidify the current truth of his reply. “Better than before,” the blond admitted plainly, and while he wouldn’t lie and say he felt like he was on top of the world, he did feel better in ways that were difficult not to feel.

It didn’t take her very long at all to trade him out for a familiarly titled book, but he wasn’t necessarily hurt or offended by the action. To Ru, that book might have had much more life in it than he did right now anyway, so in some sense, he understood the appeal. There was something a touch out of being tangible that the water element couldn’t exactly place when it came to being so close to Freyja, and furthermore in a rare state of content. The last time he had felt so assured by her presence was the kiss that had unraveled what could have been an equally taxing panic attack at the cabin, and how she hadn’t resisted him kissing her back. It wasn’t just a kiss for him, but she had said it, not him. So was there truly any need for him to verbally validate that?

"After you left, your dad said something crazy. Well, crazier than normal. He said you're in love with me."

Ruairi changed his mind in record time, deciding to begin praying for death again and not attempting to conceal how inconvenient of a topic this was for him right now. Knowing his impending reaction piqued her interest to abandon the book she had formerly picked over him, Ru watched the drop in her gaze to his lips as she studied him. Sensing the alteration in what had previously been a regular heartbeat from the insinuation her gaze had evoked, Ruairi was more annoyed she had disrupted his zen than willing to cave to whatever weak feelings that were easier to pull out of him in his tired state.

"Where do you think he got that idea?"

“The way you’re looking at me right now isn’t fair,” Ruairi had replied, leaning toward a more dramatic parroting of what she had told him earlier in the day. Taking a moment to weigh what more he could say, he decided being so picky with his thoughts was also an unnecessarily exhausting feat. “It’s not a completely wild theory he has. After all, not everyone is willing to risk throwing away their life for someone they just simply shared some throwaway words and an empty kiss with.” Ruairi gave a light shrug, as if what he had said so nonchalantly wasn’t meant to mean more than what it might have superficially. Freyja could interpret it however she wanted though, Ruairi was too tired to do the work of processing it on her behalf.

Finding his eyes straying to the ceiling as he stretched his legs out and enjoyed the option of being able to, Ruairi relinquished a long, soft breath. “I miss when we were best friends,” he admitted, smiling to himself. “Actually, I think I just miss being ignorant and blissful with you. I miss when things made sense because there was no deeper meaning or outside influence that made things any more than what they were.” Turning his head to face Freyja again, he decided to turn onto his side to feel more like he was having a conversation.

“I missed you,” Ruairi said plainly, letting there be no mistake in what he said and what he meant. “I was worried every day that you weren’t awake that I would forget you in ways that would have otherwise kept you alive in memory. During the trip we took outside of the academy, it was hard for me to cope with the reality that I had a very important memory of you, us I guess, hidden from me. But it felt stolen, and even though it was beyond my control, it had me convinced it was possible to lose other important memories of you, and memories in general.” Glancing down at his hand, studying his palm for a moment, Ruairi sighed.

“I knew how important it was for you to get answers from Heris, and while I failed at doing that while she was alive, I wanted to do everything in my power to still help you. It was the first time I put the theory of seeing someone’s past through their blood into real practice, but all that got me was seeing a few glimpses of you and me through her perspective.” Ruairi studied Freyja’s expression softly for a few moments, exhaustion building in his every breath, yet at the same time it felt better to be able to uncage things. While he would better work through the meaning of everything she had said in her efforts to calm him down, and furthermore what those sentiments meant to him, right now he was content with just being able to feel like he had a friend.

“For whatever it’s worth to you, I don’t regret intervening in the pairing ceremony,” Ru said after a moment of silence on his part, before finding a quiet laugh spill from his lips. “Come to think of it though, I don’t think we’re even at all, by the way. I’ve thought about keeping score when it comes to how many times we can save each other from stupid things, and obviously, I’m winning, but I’ll let what you just did for me tonight count as a save.”

Edling x Iconium | Fantasy 1x1August 17, 2024 11:51 PM

Iconium

Neutral

Give Award

Miss Freyja Eloquijm | Ru <3

It wasn’t until Freyja weighed out the sentiment behind the water element’s words that she realized her crucial error in the words she’d previously said to him in a state of heightened emotion. All too often, she relied on their usual pattern of being without reading into the idea of what might happen if he decided to break the cycle. She said or did something entirely polarizing and dramatic that was completely the opposite of what she felt or desired, knowing that he’d disagree with her and reveal his true thoughts and feelings on the matter, which were frequently in line with the ones she kept hidden in her chest. Freyja had a habit of being able to speak her mind openly and directly in any and every circumstance regardless of the consequences, except when it involved him. Everything that involved him hit too close to home for her to fully process, let alone speak into the open air. This hadn’t been a problem until now, when his words sliced her heart in a way that she struggled to conceal.

Forcing herself to continue watching him as the soft expression on his face grew into a smile, she couldn’t help but feel foolish about the way she’d felt. Maybe she was wrong in assuming that what they felt for each other was more than friendship, maybe she didn’t even know what friendship was. When she thought back on all of the times that she’d felt something for him that went beyond what she felt for others around her, she was the one who had forced herself on him. When she thought about his words and actions, she realized that he’d consistently approached their situation from a place of friendship. The night she’d burned him, that day at the water, and now here. Yet, other people were telling them that they were eternal soulmates, that they were destined and created to love each other. She could’ve scoffed at that fact, she didn’t know two people who were less capable of love than the two of them. And yet, the idea that what was between them was so much less for him burned her from the inside out in a way that she didn’t know what to do with.

Sighing softly and drawing herself to a place of ambivalent composure, she replied, “and when you saw us through her eyes, what did you see?”

The conversation tapered into a soft silence, and Freyja shifted onto her back, unable to process all of her emotions while looking him in the face. She studied the intricate architecture lining the ceilings in the dark, feeling the tears welling up in her eyes but not forcing herself to wipe them away or keep them inside. The fact that she had never been able to put her relationship with the blond into words had never bothered her until now, perhaps because she was coming to believe how differently he perceived what was between them than she did. She wasn’t sure exactly what any of it meant or what her next steps were, but she was coming to see that spending eternity with him in this physical and emotional prison would not be living at all, and that she needed to start making decisions that would ensure her freedom.

These thoughts kept her awake, and continued to haunt her in her dreams and well into the morning. Beyond her typical nightmares, she’d dreamt that Ru’s parents were trying to murder her, and that she filled the entire house with water only to drown due to her lack of ability to swim. Waking up startled, and even more concerned by the fact that she’d opened her eyes to the other side of the bed being empty, she got to her feet and moved to rapidly dress herself, skipping breakfast and any other affairs which might keep her trapped in the Craiel family home for any longer than she needed to be. She’d resumed her panicked state of emotional turmoil from the night before, now with a renewed sense of energy and strength that seemed to be increasing by the day.

Freyja didn’t know where she was walking to when she’d left the interior of the grandiose home, only that she’d asked the servants to delay any of the family from following her. She wasn’t particularly planning on leaving for good, she just needed to clear her head. The fact that she didn’t have her magic only bothered her more, and caused her to become more emotionally fragile than she was to begin with. It felt like she’d been stripped of her identity in all senses, not just the magic or the change of location or the revelation she’d had regarding her relationship with the blond the night prior. By the time she’d stumbled upon the deep river that ran through the property, she realized that it wouldn’t really matter what happened if she jumped off the rocky sides and into the water below, that whether she lived or died was unimportant to a girl who, despite a recent change of events, still had just as few prospects in life as she had when she’d done something intentionally harmful the first time.

Studying the rushing current for several moments before gathering the resolve to face her fears, Freyja leapt from the rocks into the deep water, which she assumed had been created in some sense by the water, earth, and wind elements who’d previously called this property their home. The water was colder than she’d expected and quickly took her breath away, for while she’d adapted to the water magic that falsely flowed through her veins, her body temperature had not completely adjusted, just as she hadn’t grown to completely tolerate the water that was currently stinging her skin in a way that was both irritating and caused her to feel alive.

Because she hadn’t necessarily thought about what would happen if she survived the short jump into the water, the tide quickly overcame Freyja, who’d never felt the strength of water before. As the current dragged her helplessly in every direction, she couldn’t help but think about the resemblance between the blond and his magic. It appeared calm and unassuming from the outside, but the deeper she fell in, the more helplessly she realized the strength and danger that the water contained. After several minutes of forcing her head up for a breath, she’d simply succumbed to the way the water was dragging her downward until she felt the strength of another individual dragging her upward onto the shore, which had become flatter and closer to the water in the area in which he’d found her. Although she was shivering and couldn’t exactly concentrate on what was happening around her in that moment, she vaguely made the connection that the person who’d saved her was one of the staff assigned to her. He was one of the individuals who’d been willing to walk her to breakfast the day prior, and one who’d been present at the time in which she’d asked the favor of the others this past morning.

Rather than say anything or explain anything to an individual who, judging by his expression, had come to save her life and was interested in little more, Freyja simply began to cry, allowing her head to rest weakly on the chest of a man who seemed rather uncomfortable with the situation and the implications if anyone were to stumble upon this sight. Nonetheless, Freyja began to weakly fall apart in the poor earth element’s arms, asking him questions he was too afraid to answer and revealing things to him that she’d been holding in since well before she’d died the first time. After many minutes went by, Freyja grew irritated by the professional silence of the man who’d saved her life, and she simply got up and began to walk herself across the lawn, her limbs sore and numb from the shock of the water. The earth element followed from a safe distance, both looking equally suspicious as they traversed, equally dripping wet and appearing as traumatized as they ever had. Vaguely, it crossed Freyja’s mind that part of the lack of warmth that the man showed her, beyond professional courtesy, was likely due to the fact that word had spread through the house of what she was, and what she appeared to be, even if her magic was not a part of her anymore.

Although she was dripping wet and her features had turned several shades of blue from both her lack of a swim and the ensuing, lengthy walk back, Freyja walked through the home, finding that Ru had returned to their side of the home and appeared concerned at the idea that she had been nowhere to be found for as long as he’d been looking for her, however long or short that may have been. Without giving him the grace of an explanation, nor the presence of anything other than a completely flat expression to show that she was okay, Freyja flatly said, “I’m leaving right after the pairing ceremony,” before turning into the bathroom and turning the shower onto the hottest temperature, walking into it fully clothed in a way that had an uncanny resemblance to the scene that had transpired the night before. She wasn’t sure that it was the best way to break the news to him, but what was? As she stood in the shower, allowing the sensation in her limbs to return and the terrible thoughts that consumed her right with them, Freyja found herself repeating her own words in her head, vaguely coming off of her lips in even less than a whisper.

“It was just a kiss, they were just words. It was just a kiss, they were just words. It was just a kiss, they were just words.”

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    6    7    8    9 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us