Wolf Play : Ask me anything, just because
Chatbox
 Urux
04:33:26 Urox
Someone got a DH out of my stud before I did :')
 Existence
04:32:36 Exist / Kuskyn
-WP Click- ahh you are not what I ordered xD
 Existence
04:29:05 Exist / Kuskyn
Hehe Well we will see how my soul goes after this week xD
 starmutt
04:22:58 marsh | they/it
my parents want me to get a masters somewhere else and im like cant i stay in my obscure little university please i like the weather here...
 Urux
04:21:51 Urox
Ecifircas
Definitely more children on WP, they dropped the age so I mean it's expected. But HEE is certainly more complicated in the game aspect, so I think kids would join, get confused and then leave.

Starr
I finished undergrad a year ago, now I'm in a doctorate lol With car insurance and rego
 distant-lands
04:21:43 katy | beetle
real
 starmutt
04:21:25 marsh | they/it
one is enough u__u
my bachelors is already a 5 year program
 Ecifircas
04:19:16 
starmutt, get good. I have 5 degrees. B)
 Ecifircas
04:18:56 
WolfPlay definitely does - I think we just have more children, too.
 starmutt
04:18:47 marsh | they/it
someone posted their marriage pictures and im like

i still got 2 3 years of college left lmaoo
 distant-lands
04:18:32 katy | beetle
i mean, a good chunk of wolfplay has those things too. we just don't chat about it as much for some reason, lol.
 Ecifircas
04:17:54 
I think it really hit me when someone was complaining about the cost of their car insurance on there, or something.

I was like, "woah, these people have families. And houses. and big adult responsibilities."
 starmutt
04:17:04 marsh | they/it
definitely an older community. more house owners and family havers haha

its also much slower i think.. last message over an hour ago..
 Ecifircas
04:16:51 
Urux, meee. I'm a bit older and feel like I should have moved from this phase in my life already but I can never bring myself to just let my account die.

I fully embraced it a few years back so even with achey knees, I'm here to stay. lmao
 Urux
04:13:26 Urox
Ecifircas
Ah I see. I can understand how it would attract older people, the mechanics would be hard for a younger person to get a grip of. Heck I can barely get them and I'm in my 20s lol
 Ecifircas
04:11:32 
Urux, I don't think the people are any less friendly but their jokes can be a bit harder for me, at least, because they're usually a bit older or were just raised differently. ^^;

(I am not doing a good job to explain this. Forgiveness-)

... I think it just attracts a different humored-person. The community vibe is more mature.
 Urux
04:10:08 Urox
Ecifircas
How is the social bit different on HEE? I haven't spent a lot of time on there, I have an account but it's a lot to absorb in the beginning
 Ecifircas
04:01:34 
I don't tend to do anything *but* socialize on WolfPlay.

Like if i had to be honest, my favorite part of this game is answering questions people have about the game.. and exploring on occasions. I don't know why but it ticks a mental box for me... compulsively telling users pregnancy lasts such and such a time. lol
 starmutt
04:00:14 marsh | they/it
i dont even enjoy the mechanics and breeding here loll if the art community hadn't accept me i would've evaporated on the spot i think.
 Ecifircas
03:58:31 
starmutt, HEE is a game where I need to just enjoy the mechanics / breeding because the social vibe is sooo different.

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Baboon : +1
Coyote : -3
Black Bear : -5
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Socialize
   1   ..    3    4    5    6    7 

Ask me anything, just becauseJuly 11, 2024 05:45 PM

Eternity

Forum Moderator
Darkseeker

Give Award

Matunda said:

Eternity said:
I believe I applied four or five times, starting in 2019! I applied most times applications were open, so it took quite a few attempts ahah. I'm glad I didn't become a mod on a few of my earlier attempts as I definitely still had some maturing to do 😅

I've not used Blender for long at all - only a few months. So I'm a complete noob with it! I only use it to set up my scenes/draw over the top of. If anyone has any tips I'd absolutely love to hear them as I'm very inexperienced.
I'm a noob as well! Started just a month ago. I remember being so proud when I figured out how to use the remesh option. XD

Have you used any other programs similar to blender?

Eyyy! I still haven't worked out what remesh is, I genuinely know nothing about 3D modelling other than uhhh some stuff with rendering and moving shapes around LMAO.

I have also used Maya, though my knowledge of Maya is *even* worse. However, I my skills should be improving soon as there's a lot of it on my university course!
Ask me anything, just becauseJuly 31, 2024 07:06 PM

Moonlit Lake

Neutral

Give Award
What's your favorite thing about WolfPlay?
Ask me anything, just becauseAugust 22, 2024 06:05 PM

Crooked Magic

Neutral

Give Award
How do you get your pictures on your den page spin? It's so cool. (I wont steal the idea, I'm just curious)
Ask me anything, just becauseAugust 25, 2024 08:42 AM

binders united

Neutral

Give Award
do you have any pets? I'm thinking about getting a cat. If you do, any tips?
Ask me anything, just becauseAugust 25, 2024 01:45 PM

Eternity

Forum Moderator
Darkseeker

Give Award

Moonlit Lake said:
What's your favorite thing about WolfPlay?

This is actually a super hard question! I've been playing WP on and off since about 2015, so almost 10 years now!
I could never keep an account/stay active for very long, that was until I really made friends and got into the community here on WP. I've actually made several life-long friends here, some of which I've been lucky enough to meet in person and has taken me all over the globe, which is super cool!
[Obviously we didn't exchange any details here on WP, just happened to meet each other on other sites and connected over both playing this relatively niche wolf game, ahah!]

So, I suppose the most obvious answer would be friends and community. Though most of those friends no longer play WP actively, my love of the site has continued, despite a few phases of being relatively inactive still.
I love seeing the frequent updates and just how much the site has changed and grown since I started playing. Seeing my art in the game is especially awesome, it's so cool to have a part of me in the game I've played for so long! :D

I also love the simplicity of the game, so many other pet sims require far too much maintenance for me, I really like that I don't have 18000 things to do every day otherwise my wolves hate me forever, or something. :]

Crooked Magic said:
How do you get your pictures on your den page spin? It's so cool. (I wont steal the idea, I'm just curious)

This is part of my CSS code! :D CSS transformations are super fun, it allows you to change different elements on the site.

This is the code I use to make my images spin, it's worth noting it'll make ALL images on the site spin, which I'm sure some can find a lil nauseating, but instead I find it super fun!
img:hover {transform: rotate(360deg);
transition-duration: 1s;}

I don't mind if other people make their palettes spin! :0 I don't own basic CSS coding ahah, I might've just been the first person to do it on WP but it's super fun so I recommend other people try it *^*

binders united said:
do you have any pets? I'm thinking about getting a cat. If you do, any tips?

At the moment, no. The pets I did own have since passed away so I only have plants at the moment - though I do love my plants dearly *^*
That's super exciting! I've always wanted to own cats, I love 'em a lot! Though as I've never owned one I don't have any tips.
There is an absolute tonne of resources online though, and I'm sure local shelters in your area may also have a tonne of advice on getting/looking after cats! :0
Ask me anything, just becauseAugust 25, 2024 07:45 PM

Silent Lucidity

Darkseeker

Give Award
Genuinely curious with this one. How do you view your own art?
Ask me anything, just becauseAugust 25, 2024 08:09 PM

Eternity

Forum Moderator
Darkseeker

Give Award

Silent Lucidity said:
Genuinely curious with this one. How do you view your own art?

This is a really good question as many of the other artists I know view their art pretty negatively, and I feel like in the artist community there's sorta a culture of hating your own work. [Which I find super sad, by the way!]

I view my own art pretty positively as a whole :D I'm lucky to say that I'm quite happy with the majority of the artwork I create even if I'm well aware that I have a long way to go in some areas! Some areas I'd love to improve on are more realistically accurate shading and dynamic lighting, human anatomy, perspective and style variation. There are still a couple of pieces of art I've done that I've really hated, and just can't get right or work out what's wrong with them - especially I find this with more expensive commissions. :[ The pressure to get something that looks good is so real with those ones and sometimes I just fall completely flat.
I don't know how to describe my art though. It's not really 'anime' it's defintiely not 'realism' or even 'semi-realism' I wouldn't quite call it cartoony either, so when it comes to advertising or describing myself as an artist, I have no idea </3

Though, that's just the personal/online side of things. Tragically, when it comes to my classwork and my future job prospects, it's a little less sunny. If you didn't know, I study concept art and my goal is to either be a freelance artist or work within a company doing games design, advertising or pretty much anything like that. Movies or gaming would be the absolute goal - even though I'm still a student I just don't quite feel like my art is good enough to be trying to be an artist full time, y'know? When compared to other people trying to make it as an artist I feel a bit beginner or even a little clumsy. Sometimes I do really wonder if I shoulda gone into something with a clearer career path like... I don't know, accounting or something haha.
Buuut! I got another two years to work things out, and I'll give it my best shot regardless *^*

Anyway, I suppose that may have got a little more personal than what you were actually asking LOL, but regardless I appreciate the question :]
Ask me anything, just becauseAugust 30, 2024 09:46 AM

Ecifircas

Neutral

Give Award
Do you like horses?

Who is your favorite character in Red Dead Redemption?

Favorite mythical creature?

What is your favorite song right now?

Ask me anything, just becauseAugust 30, 2024 09:51 AM

~♥Nux♥~

Neutral

Give Award
"If we hung all our problems on a line; You'd pick yours, and I'd pick mine."
-
-
-
This is an inpirational quote my old english teacher taught me, but I always wondered about others perception of it. So, my question; What does the phrase mean in your eyes?
Ask me anything, just becauseAugust 30, 2024 10:03 AM

Eternity

Forum Moderator
Darkseeker

Give Award

Ecifircas said:
Do you like horses?

Who is your favorite character in Red Dead Redemption?

Favorite mythical creature?

What is your favorite song right now?

I do, yes! :D I will always have a soft spot for horses as I have some pretty fond memories of them, despite being thrown off a few 😭 I especially like big horses as they're always the most chill :]

Sadie is probably my favourite character in Red Dead, to be honest. I love how aggressive she is all the time LMAO. Oh, and Arthur of course, he's a good dude. :]

My favourite mythical creature,, that's a hard one. I like so many. I love all the different types of dragons, I also like kelpies, longmas, hippocampi and so many other things omg. I'm falling flat on remembering most of them right now but there's so many others I couldn't pick a favourite.
Griffins too..

My favourite song right is probably TRAFIK! by Joost and Käärijä :]

Forums > Socialize
   1   ..    3    4    5    6    7 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us