Wolf Play : The Others | RP Thread
Chatbox
 Boeing
09:52:15 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Hi Dove! Yes it certainly does. Every single time.
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:52:15 Unfulfilled / Wish
FBI send help--
 Boeing
09:52:00 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Nooooooooooooo
 Frozen Mist
09:51:34 Frozen - Mist
If I rememebr right... Boing said their weather reminds them of me. :D
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:51:22 Unfulfilled / Wish
Actually, I think you can handle this one on your own, heh . . .
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:50:54 Unfulfilled / Wish
Boeing
O.O
 Boeing
09:50:08 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
I could certainly use some warmer weather. And the forecast says next week is going to be even colder >.> please someone help
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:49:42 Unfulfilled / Wish
Chat, if anyone's still out there..?
-WP Click-
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:48:28 Unfulfilled / Wish
Boeing
Oh, yes! We need the colder weather, here.
 Boeing
09:46:21 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Well, we are at a lovely 7 degrees celsius with rain. And I'm sure you'd like it. I certainly don't.
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:45:10 Unfulfilled / Wish
Boeing
Naw, you're fine. I just love complaining about other people's problems, lol~
It's one of my traits, I'll have you know!^^
 Boeing
09:43:09 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
I'm getting consistent aren't I, complaining about the temperature here XD
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:42:23 Unfulfilled / Wish
Boeing
Don't get me started about your temperatures where you are--
 Boeing
09:41:30 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Wish
Waiting in a library. It's relatively warmer compared to outside, where it's even worse.
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:40:19 Unfulfilled / Wish
Wha' 'bout you?
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:40:02 Unfulfilled / Wish
Boeing
I'm good, thank you.
Same here. :<
 Boeing
09:39:31 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
How are you, Wish?
Also I don't know how to make poll. I haven't made one before XD
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:39:23 Unfulfilled / Wish
Wait I found how--nevermind
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:38:38 Unfulfilled / Wish
How do I make a poll?
 Unfulfilled Wish
09:38:17 Unfulfilled / Wish
Hey Boeing!

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges
Hourly Damage Variances
Green Python : +2
Coyote : +3
Bobcat : +4
    Spring Month: 2   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 
 Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
  1  2  3

The Others | RP ThreadMay 1, 2023 05:31 PM

the Wayne pack

Lightbringer

Give Award
Solaris Starweaver - 19 - Wolves Member - Lunar Manipulation - Mentions: Evander Torano,

Solaris fought the urge to avert his gaze or to let the shiver that ran down his spine show, a tad bit uneasy but unwilling to let that leak into the usual calm face he put on. In the dimly lit room, only the dancing points of flame throwing light off, and the flicking and movement of the shadows in the room by those candles made the scene feel a bit more eerie. They were bright pinpricks of light in the corner of his vision, and he made himself keep his gaze on the prince in front of him, instead of sliding over to observe the orange tinged yellow light. For the dim light emanating from various parts of the room only served to highlight the soft glow of the silver eyes he met, the color so much like his own but not of a natural make, the deepest instinct he had urged him to not meet those silvery eyes whenever he raised his gaze to the taller male.

In that candlelit room with shadows flickering over the prince's face and surely his own, the young man was reminded that while they were both creatures of the dark, they belonged to different domains that made all the difference. He himself was of the moon, the illuminating planet that hung in the night sky to bring light to the dark world below; his connection was with the moon, the very thing that chased the shadows and eased the deepest dark of the earth. He was connected to the night but his true link was to the moon. The man standing in front of him however, was of the darkness that pervaded the world when the night fell, the deepest shadows that shrouds details and dangers alike like a blanket. The prince's link was to the roving shadows and the darkness that coats the world. Both of their connections were interlinked with each other, but infinitely different in nature; his was the powerful steadiness of a planet, the healer in contrast to the sun's scorching fire; the prince's was the sinister terror of the darkness, the deadly brush of shadows that consumed most in its path.

Despite this aspect of them both, the differences in their powers and the knowledge of those differences, he was not truly afraid of the prince. There was no thought that the man would attack or attempt to hurt him unless he put the whole of the group in jeopardy, and even then it would likely depend on the context in which it happened. There was no crawling sensation when he stood near the man, an urge to keep his head up and eyes alert out of fear. There was no instinct that urged him to stay quiet and unseen to avoid detection, nothing born from fear and anxiety that he should be expecting to be wounded if there was a misstep. It simply was the lighting that accentuated the unnatural glow of eyes in the dancing shadows that evoked the slight uneasiness, and even then it was not a feeling that leaked into the younger man's bearing or cool shaded eyes.

Even now with the formal language and neutrally cool demeanor, he did not feel uncomfortable in the shadow wielder's presence, he could recognize the neutral bearing as he often used it for himself. The young man tilted his head ever so slightly to the side as he took in the prince's words, surpressing the urge to let a shadow of a smile at the corners of his lips, the other man's expression and words bore a mild interest in what he had said, he could tell. There were a few moments of quietness on his end as he found an accurate manner in which to describe this particular aspect of his abilities, running through multiple phrases and then disgarding them after turning them over for a moment.

"If you say so. It is a simple thing, and at it's core, I merely," The gray-eyed young man lifted his hand and made a gesture akin to sweeping something back with his hand. A gesture to help illustrate the meaning of what he was about to say, not that the concept was difficult to grasp. "reverse the sky. Though normally I can only change the the stars and constellations."

While to many it would sound as if the two are the same thing, being able to reverse the night sky and being able to reverse the stars and constellations that populated the expanse, there was a difference in the two. It was an ability that had made his mother comment upon. That he was the sole one in his family to take the name and make it literal, to be able to manipulate the stars that composed the inky blackness of the night. While those who shared their name were said to take stars and weave them into their destiny, she'd said in a calm tone that he was very familiar with, he was the only one who was granted the ability to move and reverse the stars themself. That despite the meaning of his first name, he gained a connection to the moon and abilities that seemed to reflect the newfound link, and that he seemed to be meant for a purpose larger than what most of his relatives were destined for.

The young man changed his posture just slightly, ticking into a more relaxed bearing than before. Despite the slight bit of disquiet brought by those glowing eyes in the dim candlelight, the enviroment in which they were in was relaxing to him. The softness of the warm lighting combined with the shadows of the room was strangely pleasant, and despite the lasting pinpricks of white that danced in his vision whever the small flame was moved into his range, it was a place he could find calm in. Of course the calming effect was lessened by the factor of another living being in the room with him, and the instinctual warning he was issued when he held the other man's gaze for too long, but he could still sense how his breathing slowed and the beat of his heart slowed into a relaxed rhythm. As the man waited for the response, he couldn't help but be tempted to add onto his words, the sentence forming in his mind even before he thought to speak again, though he decided against it for the time being.

Edited at May 1, 2023 11:16 PM by the Wayne pack
The Others | RP ThreadMay 2, 2023 04:15 AM

the Wayne pack

Lightbringer

Give Award
Nikos Sumner - 21 - Traitor - Animal Possession - Mentions: Other Wolves (indirect),

Instead of the far more peaceful feeling when waking, the relaxed sensation that his heavy and hard to move in the pleasant way. And his mind awake enough to be aware of things and the state of his body, but fuzzy at the edges and ready to drag him back into the peacefulness of sleep if he so much as closed his eyes for more than five seconds; the kind of state brought on by a natural waking, one that is brought when he's had a good rest and feels safe enough to allow himself to wake up in that manner.

Instead of that kind of waking, Nikos Sumner opens his eyes and feels unease immediate creep into his being. The kind of lurking feeling that slinks into the emotions and is both sharp-edged as the keenest blade and as dull as the throbbing of bruised skin. It tested its teeth on his nerves and steadily gnawed at them, fraying and snapping as his composure started to yield to the anxious feeling. As he lay there and stared up at the ceiling of his room, his chest felt like it tightened slightly and his heart beat faster than what it should be, his breathing coming a little faster than normal. The slightly jittery, nervous feeling that he had become acquainted to the past few days started to return and make its presence known.

The male sat up in the bed, arms holding up the upper body as he took several deep breaths, holding them in for a few seconds before slowly releasing the air. His bright green eyes flicking around the room out of reflex, an expectation of someone being in the room with him even while he slept; even the thought of that made him grimace, another bad night for dreams.

With a shuddering exhale, the man slid off the bed and immediately leaned against the wall, eyes slipping shut as he tried to make himself relax a little. Logically he knew the leader of the Wolves, was most likely unaware of the situation he had gotten himself in. But he could not help but look to exiting the private room with dread, a bundle of anxiety forming at the thought of having to interact with the other members. The thought of even stepping out into that hallway made the uneasiness spike, the knowledge of what he had been enlisted to do making him more nervous than normal, the knowledge of it weighing him down and conflicting with his mind every step of the way.

The man looked up and at the door, hand clenching into a fist for a split second before it loosened. As much as he did not want to, as much as the idea made him feel like there were eyes on him, as much as he hated the thing he was meant to do in this little group, he had to. He had to leave the room sometime this morning, he had to work with those he was meant to betray, he had to keep his loved ones safe. And to protect them, then he had to play his part in this play he was now in, as much as he hated it, he had to keep his word and walk the path he had been unceremoniously set on.

Swallowing a lump that had formed in his throat in the few minutes he had been standing there, pushed off of the cool wall and took the few steps to the door. The feeling of tension raged inside him as he placed his hand on the doorknob, it threatened to drive him back to his bed as he twisted the knob. Feeling almost sick as he opened the door and stepped out into the hall, he swallowed once again as he took a look around. A deep breath was sucked in and he turned to the staircase leading down into the lower level of the manor, he paused at the first step and closed his eyes for a brief moment. He had to look calm to anyone down there, he would not completely relax his body, the knot of anxiety still painfully present. But after a few moments of trying to bundle up his emotions and shove them back, he managed to get a touch more composure that hadn't been there before, and deciding that he was not going to be the best with composure for a while and that this was the best he could hope to get, he started down the stairs.

Edited at May 2, 2023 09:31 PM by the Wayne pack
The Others | RP ThreadMay 2, 2023 05:14 PM

Dark Matter

Darkseeker

Give Award
Quinn A'Niellk - Wolf Spy - 24 - female - Energy - Mentions: Marie (ind), Evander (Ind), Cassian (Ind), A few people indirectly

Quinn stared at the many, many carriages arriving. So many nobles in bright clothing, each with hair more styled and pompous than the last. She was never one for gatherings or parties, but ones full of nobles who had nothing better to do than wage wars and party while people like Quinn had to survive them, were even more intolerable. She would never understand the Queen. She would never understand these nobles, and yet she was here to do exactly that. Learn everything she could about them, hear out their plans, and report them back to Evander. Without being caught. As if that was easy. She could feel the nervousness coming off the commander whenever she passed him, his suspicious eyes more annoying than anything else, but still a problem.

Quinn decided to leave her spot by the window and headed down the hallway. She'd been living in the castle grounds as a servant and healer for a little under a year now, and though she recognized most faces, she knew none of their names. The queen she only knew the name of because everyone spoke of her. Wonderful Queen Marie, strong Queen Marie, poor Queen Marie. So much pity for the queen who'd lost her father, who'd fallen into the role of queen when her brother was cast out. So much pity for a monster who wanted to kill people who could do nothing for the sickness that marked them. Quinn shivered, her hands balling into fists. She wouldn't have to stay here forever. She could leave, someday.

She dodged servants and nobles alike on her path to the gardens, annoyed that she happened to be on the opposite end of the castle from said gardens. Too many people greeted her with her name, and all she could remember was that that was the blue eyed servant with the limp, or the groom that smelled too strongly of horses. It was easy to make excuses though, the people knew she wasn't the talkative type.

Quinn entered the courtyard, and noted that the commander was there. She breathed out, eyeing him, as she did every knight, and slowed down. He seemed to be waiting for someone, but Quinn wasn't interested in staying and seeing who he was waiting for. She just wanted to get away from this crazy party before it truly began. She left the courtyard through the next door, and after walking a little bit longer, finally found the gardens.

She started to make her way to the flowers, hoping their smell would get her mind off of everything, and because they were the only safe plants. For the most part. She only knew about half of the plants in the gardens, and wasn't interested in trying any of them to find out what they did. The berries had been the only lesson she needed. Even the memory made her feel sick again.
The Others | RP ThreadMay 3, 2023 11:49 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Yvonne Ilisar - 22 - Wolves - Pyrokinesis - M: Wolves (Ind.), Evander (Dir.), Solaris (Dir.)

Yvonne was up at dawn, as she so often seemed to be. She rose with the sun and started about getting ready for her day, all the while occasionally gazing out at its warm, radiating light through her window. She pulled a brush through her thick, vibrant red hair, and bound it into a thick, large bun that she could reasonably hide beneath her hood in order to slip out of the manor for a short while. She dressed and readied for the morning swiftly, then slipped out the door, pulling her hood over her head.

Her hair was a clear mark of her being different. Something to be proud of, of course, even though it caused her numerous issues. Yvonne was a proud woman, and certainly was not the sort to let her differences cause her to feel like she was anything short of perfect. Still, being marked made wandering out on her own a bit risky and necessitated the hood. As opposed to her standard red that she used when she wanted to be identified as the Phoenix, as a member of her organization, she had chosen a drab, dark gray piece that would hide her better among the townsfolk.

She walked the city streets, maintaining a leisurely pace so as to not mark herself out. In all honesty, leaving the safety of her home for such a simple thing was probably a bit reckless, but she had weighed her desire for pastries above her need for safety. She was an adult, she could take care of herself perfectly fine. She’d done so perfectly well before joining up with the Wolves.

It wasn’t a long walk to find the little stall walking through the city’s slums, and she was standing before the elderly woman picking out pastries in only a few minutes. She picked out her breakfast –a muffin of some variety– paused, and picked out a second. Briefly, she considered a third, before deciding against it, dropping a few coins on the counter, and slipping back into the morning’s crowd easily.

After all was said and done, she arrived back at the manor by mid-morning and noted the increase in activity among her fellow Wolves. None of these folks were overly well-known to her, but she didn’t mind too greatly. She was in no rush. They’d all need to get to know each other eventually, for the sake of their mission. She made her way directly to the training grounds, a polite nod being given to anyone she passed on the way, and walked into a conversation between Evander and Solaris.

“You know,” She said, pushing the hood back with one hand and looking to Solaris. “I’m actually very curious about your abilities. I don’t think I’ve seen you in action yet,”

Such an ability was quite intriguing. Yvonne’s own was a simple one. Straightforward. She lit things on fire. Not that its simplicity made it any easier to control, admittedly, but it was an easy ability to describe and display.

The Others | RP ThreadMay 3, 2023 01:04 PM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award
Corentin Asterope - Amihan Iorwerth
20 | Knight | Weather Manipulation | Mentions : Cassian [ind.] , Leko

The young man was absolutely bored out of his mind - he might as well head back to the castle to help out. He prayerfully hoped he wasn't assigned to handle being security of the party - he didn't feel to be in the mood to deal with tipsy nobles - and then other unsavory members of the palace. He huffed at the thought annoyed, but then the sound of a familiar voice caught his ears, and his mood turned to irritation. " Leko wh-" he started to speak, but was quickly distracted with being pulled into alley and then the position he was in. Especially, when the two were so close. And Corentin could feel his checks rise in color - at the smirk on Leko's face, goddamn bastard - always sneaking up on me and looking smug while doing it. He didn't care to notice the hand on his waist, he was more distracted that the male had graciously lower his head for him. " Now, what in the stars . . . do . . you .. want?" he said promptley distraced by Leko's lips, and the distance between them that was rapdily closing. He could the blood slolwy continuing to rise to his cheeks, but the question of him offering his sertvitude had his eyes widenining, and cheeks nearing crimson " EH? Now what do yo-" he had managed to get out, but that was swiftly interrupted with a kiss - one that he found himself leaning into.

If someone would've told him, that he'd be in an alley making out with a criminal that also was his rival. God it was complicated, but either way he would've told you that you'd be lying. But here he was making out a guy, rather shamelessly in his opinion. He decided to rather obediently lift his leg for Leko. He pulled back from the kiss, "Mhm, that kiss almost make me feel like you missed seeing me. Not even a hello? Just calling me a delicacy - that's a bit rude you know, sea eyes, " he said rather teasingly - yet their was a flirtatious teasing in his tone, a small teasing grin growing on his face. He decided to be a little shit in this moment, his hands slightly tracing the buttons on the vest and then wrapped his arms slowly around his neck - and slightly lean back into him.

" Now . . ." he purred slightly as he played with a whisp of Leko's hair, his own lips tantalizingly close to the other male. " what brings you to this neck of the kingdom. Shouldn't you be hiding from the law, rather than stealing them for kisses? Hmm? " he said with a tilt of his head, and he gave the other a slow kiss and peppered more along jawline, and teasingly against his visible neck. His teeth softly grazing the flesh in a tenative manner, should he? He didn't just want to jump gun with something so. . . personal and well, a sign of trust between partners. Were they that? Well . . . he couldn't have anyone thinking that Leko was on the market - jut the thought of that made him upset and want to do something rather drastic about it, but instead he gave a contemplative sigh saying, " you know, I'd never kissed guy before you - or anyone for that manner. I always thought girls were pretty growing up but never had that romantic connection to them. " he murmured softly, focusing his eyes on Leko still, a soft hum in his throat as he cupped the other's face.

" I hate to admit it, but you'd be my first lover, if we can even call ourselves that. Such a pretty face with such mischevious intentions." he said with a fond chuckle, as he gentlely let go of the other's face. And he rested his body on the later, not caring about the lack of space - his eyes looking at the bare neck of Leko, and he decided that he didn't like that it was so bare. Hmm, he would probably get some back in return but he particularlly didn't mind - as long as they were easy to hide with clothing and hair. He want to do so, so badly, he bround a nail and tenatively chewed it out of nervousness and decided to just be bold enough to ask him. He slowly began tracing Leko's neck with his finger gently, in a soft and tender way, now , he wasn't by no means a weak man, but he wasn't against begging a bit. Sometimes it was too shameful, but right now he wanted to do something and so he decided to play up the charm. He move to rest his head in the crook of Leko's neck, and then bgand planting soft kisses upwards, until he placed on behind his ear and then decided to make his move.

" You know, I don't know why - but I don't think I could stand the thought of another with you - a little silly to jealous aren't I? I can't help but wonder if you'd look good with lovebites from me. It's such a small thing but means so much, and I don't want to overstep boundaries. Would you say it's okay if i left maybe one or two? Or maybe a few more then that? " his voice was sweet and light, and he gave a flirtatious grin as he spoke. Now all he could do is await and answer.
The Others | RP ThreadMay 4, 2023 07:25 PM

Meian

Darkseeker

Give Award
Lucious Ian Bardot
24 | The Wolves | Empath | Mentions: Yvonne, Nikos, Solaris, Evander (dir), Wolves (ind)

A whimsical sigh escaped his lips as Lucy admired the sky from his prostrate position on the ground. He was just outside the manor in a somewhat damp spot on the ground where little green plants were beginning to grow in the wake of spring's beginning. His back was getting cold as the damp earth absorbed his body heat. He'd been there for about 30 minutes, just watching the sky and taking a break from being around people. Feelings could be exhausting. Sure, he should be using the time to train with someone and practice controlling the ability, but it was much easier to just isolate himself for the moment. Some others had gone to wander the streets and do whatever it was they did while they were out, but Lucy wasn't in the mood, as he'd had a somewhat rocky sleep.

Lifting up a hand, the breeze played between the man's fingers, and he wiggled them lazily between the small bursts of wind. This weather was enough to put anyone in a good mood, unless they were one of the stubborn variety. The thought reminded him of the older of his two younger sisters. She was likely working inside right now, doing laundry or cleaning the floor or whatever else "womanly" duties their father had her doing. But she used to run through the fields every year when the spring was new. While, at festivals, nobles danced in fancy palaces and royals laughed falsely at their jokes, he would be running with the wind alongside his sisters. Thoughts about his family made him sad, though, so he decided he would stop thinking about it.

He wished he could simply lay here for a few hours, forget he existed. Yet, the weather had different ideas. The breeze had gone from flowing invitingly over his form to shooting cold fingers into his nerves. With the combo of the damp earth and breeze, Lucy was beginning to develop a shiver. He pushed himself into a sitting position before committing to standing up and brushing the bits of dirt off his hands. Blue eyes closed as he took a deep breath to prepare himself for the emotional onslaught before heading inside to look for someone to entertain him. His stomach growled as he made his way to the door, reminding him he also had yet to eat breakfast.

Closing the door quietly behind him, Lucy already felt prickles of emotions from the other residents, too many for him to care enough to sort. Walking towards the training room, from where he could feel a light cloud of curiosity, all varying levels, clearly from more than one person. This brought about his own curiosity, as he wondered what could be causing such a speculation, subdued as it seemed by the sound of calm voices.

From the stairs, somewhat dulled anxiety prickled at the edge of Lucy's senses. He stopped, looking towards the feeling to find Nikos. A concerned pucker formed between Lucy's brows as his gaze settled on the dark haired man. Nikos seemed pretty neutral, maybe a bit tired looking, but no upset could be found in his features. Yet, Lucy was convinced he could feel just that. Lucy momentarily forgot the conversation taking place in the training room and turned towards Nikos, stepping in front of the man. Lucy opened his mouth to ask what was wrong, but quickly found that would be an odd thing to say and changed it abruptly, so that it came out "What- Feel free to talk to me about anything on your mind." He added a smile, friendly, but almost apologetically. Sometimes he felt it was an invasion of privacy feeling what others felt, but he figured he hadn't been too forward to the point that it was rude. So he simply sat there with a small, stupid smile and hoped he hadn't made Nikos uncomfortable.

Edited at May 5, 2023 12:02 AM by Meian
The Others | RP ThreadMay 5, 2023 12:01 AM

Meian

Darkseeker

Give Award
Annika Katz
22 | The Wolves | Hightened Senses | Mentions: Corentin, Evander (ind)

Niki fought hard to resist the panic setting in as she turned onto a busy street filled with people. It was lively and cheerful, but all the sounds, smells, bright colors, and the overwhelming 'pulse' that she felt from the crowd was so much at once. This was her training. Yes, she enjoyed people and found watching them to be entertaining, but, since the Storm, being in crowds was sometimes a lot. If only she could master the controls on her ability. Alas, sometimes it was too much and sometimes it refused to work at all. The prince had recommended they use some of their free time to train, and she reeeeally needed it.

Blue eyes darting to and fro as the young woman fought hard not to show how overwhelmed she was, she adjusted the dusty purple hat on her head as a tiny distraction. The white in her hair was braided and tucked away in an intricate twist she'd done with half her hair, but she wore a hat to cover any white roots that might show. If anyone saw and guessed it was her mark, she would be very publicly ridiculed.

Besides the small hat, she wore a matching dusty purple sundress as a small personal celebration of the oncoming spring. It wasn't anything super flashy, not that she had the money for expensive clothing, but it was a nice, simple dress she found to be quite flattering.

Lost in thoughts about her hair and clothing, the overwhelming panic settled into a dull hum in the back of her mind as her focus drifted away from controlling her ability. She'd figured out the correlation between panic and her ability misbehaving, but she wasn't sure how to fix that.

Hearing a nearby commotion, Annika turned her focus towards it. An old man seemed to be acting extremely forward towards a group of ladies, which made Annika's skin prickle. Yet there wasn't much she could do, and the young women were sticking up for themselves. An intimidating woman - no, a feminine man? - stepped between them and the old man, speaking in the defense of the ladies. Niki found satisfaction and made her way away from the scene, not wishing to be caught up in any situation. That old man would get what was coming to him, hopefully.

The weather really was nice, and a soft breeze whispered through the hair falling around Niki's shoulders. She smiled to herself, enjoying every small prickle along her skin, hearing the contented sighs of those around her as they also enjoyed the weather and street's activities. Telling herself to try asking her ability for something, Annika was able to pick out the cries of lambs carried by the breeze, perhaps a few miles off. These would be the first arrivals of the season, no doubt, and not a moment too soon.

Content with her ability obeying her in the moment, Niki called that training done for the next hour or so in order to go about the streets, probably chat with some people, and maybe catch up on current gossip.

Edited at May 5, 2023 12:01 AM by Meian
The Others | RP ThreadMay 5, 2023 01:54 AM

the Wayne pack

Lightbringer

Give Award
Nikos Sumner - 21 - Traitor - Animal Possession - Mentions: Lucious Bardot, Other Wolves (indirect)

The young man was at the last steps when he saw something move and stopped, head coming up just enough to allow a glance in the direction of the person. Green eyes peeked over to the door and were met with the sight of a chin, his head not high enough to properly catch a glimpse of the person's face, but in that instant before he lifted his head was that they were just standing there. Even though he had an idea of who was there, his head still came up to access. His gaze landed on the face of Lucious, or Lucy, as he preferred to be called.

The first thing he noted was that the shorter man looked concerned, the second thing was the question of why the man was just standing there, and the third and most important was that he could not remember the man's power. A kick of panic shot through his system, even though there was not anything going on. The urge to turn right around and head back up the stairs and just hide in his room was tempting him, even more so with the other man's light gaze on him. He could not control how his thoughts sped up, flicking through ideas and reasons for why another Wolf had decided to stop where he was and take a good look at him.

What he did remember was that one of the Wolves could feel others' emotions, and his mind latched onto that piece of information. Was Lucy the empath? He couldn't quite tell, couldn't quite remember who it was. And so, as he stood nearly motionless on the second to last step, trying his best to return the light-toned gaze with a calm look of his own, he stuffed the reflexive panic and nervousness down. He did not dare divert his attention away from the brown-haired man, not even to focus inward on those invisible strings that if followed, would lead to the consciousness of a nearby animal.

He suddenly felt all too aware of himself and how he was standing, was his posture too nervous? Was his breathing normal? Was there anything telling in his eyes? He felt awkward and like he was not supposed to be there, the logical part of his brain knew that he was probably fine and that there was a different reason he was attracting attention, but his mind still raced. It was a good way to start panicking when one didn't want to, he knew if he continued on like this then he'd break and then be suspicious.

One, two, three, four. He counted in his head, not daring to measure his breath like he was supposed to do, and in a show of curiosity that he didn't feel, he barely tipped his head to the side. Just enough of a motion to show his intent, and not large enough to truly make himself uncomfortable about the action, even though he still felt a tad nervous about moving at all. Under normal circumstances, the man would have given voice to his emotions, that he didn't know why he was being stared at and that he didn't care for it. But this was not a normal situation, and so he remained quiet and waited for Lucy to initiate the interaction, if he did at all.

It felt like time had slowed drastically as he waited and did his best not to permanently avert his green gaze and to a corner of the room or to the stairs he was currently standing on. Then finally the brown-haired man was turning and stepping closer to him, making him take a small step backward, his heel connecting softly with the higher step. His eyes flashed with a cautious flicker for the briefest moment before he reined himself in, telling himself that it was probably nothing of consequence; he was not such a horrible actor that he already was suspicions aginst himself. He was a bit better than that, right?

Instead of his fears being assuaged by the words coming out of the other man's mouth, they only spiked higher. He viciously surpressed the urge to cross his arms or slouch a little, to look away and disengage from the situation; it would not look good and he needed to keep the front going. The dread that formed from the words that were supposed to be reassuring did not help, and he purposefully did not narrow his eyes at the shorter man, his head tilting down ever so slightly to keep him in good view. Was Bardot the empath of the group? Why would he have came over and started an interaction with those words if he could not sense the anxiety that had been and still was brewing within.

"...Oh, thanks." Nikos murmured in response, finally dropping his gaze to the floor before those green eyes flicked up again. He hoped that he had said that loud enough to be heard, it was terribly awkward to not be heard initially and then have to repeat it. He swallowed and then continued, his voice rising just slightly in volume "I, uh, I appreciate it. You're the empath, right?"

He wanted to take back the last part of that almost immediately, even though he had to ask for his own sake. It almost felt too forward to just ask that, and he hoped that Lucy would not take too much offense at the inquiry. He took a deep breath and looked away from the man in front of him for a few moments, trying to be casually alert, as if watching for any other people stirring in the area he could see.

He dearly hoped that he was not coming off as too nervous, that he seemed more reserved, as was his wont to act around others that he didn't know very well. And the cursed the anxiety that caused that bearing around the people of this small organization, it would have been better if he could naturally maintain that aspect of his; the thing that his parents had liked about him, especially when going through the early training he had been subjected to. That his default was not friendly or shy or even a steady calmness, but a reserve that did not seem reserved but rather cold or aloof.

Edited at May 5, 2023 03:01 AM by the Wayne pack
The Others | RP ThreadMay 5, 2023 09:55 PM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award

Basil Angelopoulos ≼ Male ≼ Solar Manipulation ≼ Servant

Mentions: NPCs and Quinn (dir.)

"Are you still rejecting me, Sunflower?" A woman commented, the sound of defeat riddled heavy with her words. Her eyes fell, disappointment swimming in her eyes of brown. She has a hand on Basil's cheek, the shorter man gazing up at her with pure confusion. His tanned cheeks flushed a red pigmentation, his eyelashes fluttering as he rapidly blinked. Hearing her sorrowful tone made Basil feel guilty about denying her feelings. His eyes sting with sympathy, his grim as he responds calmly, "I'm deeply sorry, but," he fumbles his fingers together, anxiously darting his eyes to the ground. The tension between them is increasingly getting hostile, putting Basil on edge with continuing the conversation. "I'm unworthy to be with a woman of such high status."

Indeed she was. The woman he was rejecting was the daughter of a prestigious nobleman, with her family having wealth and a reputation that dates back centuries. Meanwhile, Basil had none of that. He doesn't have the blood of a noble, let alone the wealth of one. As for status goes, he's a mere servant, a commoner. Still, his personality is what brings his allies in both worlds of high and low borns. His radiant aura tended to bring the people in, allowing them to express themselves freely. Basil nervously gave her a polite smile, "I'm sure you'll find someone eve-" He felt something strike his cheek, making him stumble backward as his head was in a daze. Basil's vision was blurry, yet his cheek was on fire like needles pricking his skin. Instinctively, his hand went to his cheek, feeling how hot it was, but it felt numb to the touch. "How dare you!?!" She screeched like a madwoman, and Basil put the pieces together.

He had been slapped. . .for merely rejecting someone. Basil regained himself, his hand on the injured cheek, and he stared at her. His atmosphere not only lures in the good but the bad, as well. Basil's negative encounters have different experiences though they're all equally brutal in his eye. She wasn't the only one asking for his hand in marriage, as they were many prior, but they ended with him rejecting them. He gets belittled and physically attacked. His family gets threatened and attempts to remove him from his job. So many things he endured. . .and none of them he could ever fight back against. One, they're higher than him in social status, and attacking them would lead him to be severely punished. Two, he can't physically do anything as Basil lacks combat skills. Three, Basil doesn't have the willpower to hurt anyone. . .even if they harm him first.

As she screamed at him, Basil's eye were on her, but it was empty as his attention was elsewhere. All he could read from her was boiling rage, but something else was mixed within it, one he knew all too well. She was reaching the point that she'll go into a blind murderous rage, and he knew that her target he doesn't do something now. His mind screamed at him to run, but his body was motionless. He couldn't find the courage to flee. His terror froze him in place, and the only sound he could hear was his rapid heartbeat. As much as she yelled, her words fell on deafened ears. As seconds flew by, whispers stealthy crept into his words, telling him to do dreadful things to her.

Punish her. Burn her. Kill her.

The more he gazed at her, he could see flames flourish on random spots of her body. It was pathetic in size and appearance, nothing more than the size of a flare. It was a dazzling orange, mesmerizing to gaze upon but weak. As much as Basil hates to admit it, he's disappointed that it's not strong enough. Eerily, the more the ghastly words rang in his head, the inferno grew in height, and the colors altered. It grew until it engulfed her entire body from head to toe, with Basil hypnotized by the blue flames that danced freely on the woman. The melody of the crackling inferno was enough to satisfy him. Until he blinked, and the raging inferno was gone, the woman unscathed.

Her screaming was audible once more, and Basil could feel his body quiver as the adrenaline he never knew he had run rapid in his body. The light in his eye was gone, glaring at the woman with undetectable animosity. The usual color of shimmering gold became a dull bronze. Basil's sense of joy was gone, his emotions on hold. He was a husk waiting for a moment to strike. As she stepped towards him again, Basil was about to lunge at her, but a voice called out to them both. A familiar voice that brought him back to his senses. "What's going on here?!?" Valente.

The spark in his eye had returned, and the blonde-haired man paused in confusion about what occurred. The only thing he remembered was being slapped. His senses returned, Basil flinching as he opened his mouth to speak as his cheek was in pain. "I," his eye went to the noblewoman, the woman glaring at him to be quiet about what she just did, "don't remember anything." He meekly replied, then gave the queen's bodyguard a forced smile and a clumsy bow. "I have work to attend to." Before Valente could inquire further, Basil hurried off to the gardens to cool his head. This time, he was careful not to draw attention from anyone else to go through that situation again, keeping his head down to avoid eye contact. His posture slumped, his face yielding exhaustion. The day had just gotten started, and he was already worn down. Basil grabbed a strand of hair, twisting his golden locks between his index and thumb.

Upon entering his haven, the royal gardens, Basil finally felt at ease and sighed blissfully. He folded his hands behind his back, his eye going flower to flower. His lips now held a smile, the light returning in his orb. That all changed when he noticed someone else, a woman also checking out the flowers. Basil came to a halt, watching her closely before approaching so suddenly.

Something inside him was urging him to converse with the stranger, but after that, he was hesitant to follow along. Basil's legs carried him forward, moving closer to the woman. When he was close enough for her to hear him, Basil answered in a considerate tone, "Um, hello. I'm the gardener of the gardens. . .would you a tour?"

Edited at May 6, 2023 03:58 PM by Tamesis
The Others | RP ThreadMay 5, 2023 11:29 PM

M I S E R Y

Darkseeker

Give Award
Malakai Torano | 22 | The Youngest Royal
Mentions; Marie(ind.), Evander(ind.), Open
The cool breeze tickled the back of his neck, sending shivers down his spine. Malakai had been on a short stroll through the kingdom, aware that his sister was holding a party. Many believed that Malakai resented his sister, Marie. That wasn't the case. Too many have noticed how distant the two siblings seem to be, causing suspicion around the kingdom. When asked about it, Malakai simply denies all accusations or inferences about the situation. As he felt he had no reason to answer to them. He didn't have a hatred towards his sister, but yet a slight disliking. The two have gotten into many disagreements before. It wasn't anything new, per se. Malakai is a very mature man, so whenever there is tension, he is still able to stay cordial. And that is what he does with Marie. He is simply just cordial with her. Malakai couldn't quite sort out his negative feelings towards his sister. However, he knows he has to respect her no matter what. Not just because she is his sister, but also because she is the Queen after all. Oh how he hated it.
Evander. Malakai's brother. Many don't particularly know their relationship either. Malakai, undoubtedly, feels a better connection with his brother. He feels as though his brother understands him on a level that Marie couldn't. Malakai feels sympathy towards Evander, in a way. Sometimes Kai does wish he could be closer with the Queen. As the youngest royal, Malakai feels unheard in a way. Most of the attention is drawn to his two older siblings. He doesn't feel jealousy, per se, but yet a feeling of being shut out. Sometimes he hated being the youngest royal. But alas, not much could be done about the situation. Malakai simply just has to play his part and move along with it. After all, he didn't feel all that special. He feels as though he is just another member within the kingdom. Malakai continues his stroll as he thought about the relationship he had with his siblings. He had his hands placed deeply im his pockets as he stared straight ahead, noticing all the commotion within the streets of the kingdom. He had noticed a couple people had greeted him and he nodded his head as a respectful response.
It was quite busy out today, surprisingly. Malakai was not used to it. People training. Kids running around. Others interacting. However, he had not set his sights on his sister just yet. He had wondered what the woman was up to. He figured she was quite busy. Being the Queen of a kingdom can get quite hectic. After all, you're in charge of all these people and their safety. Malakai doesn't know if he'd ever be able to handle the position on the throne. As much as he disliked it, he was also content with where he was positioned within the kingdom.
He continued his stroll, becoming quite bored, yet he had no clue what he should do. Malakai is typically better with receiving orders, as it keeps his mind busy. He hated being stuck with his own thoughts because they can get real negative very fast. Malakai tries to keep a positive mindset but it can be hard sometimes simply because of everything he has gone through in his life. Cutting his thoughts short, he noticed a woman walk up to him to engage in conversation with him. It slightly caught him off guard.
"Greetings Malakai!" She had said. Next, she had asked how he was doing in which he replied that he was feeling content. The conversation was cut short when she nodded and continued her own stroll. Malakai pushed up his glasses before continuing on his way.

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
  1  2  3

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us