Wolf Play : Vah x Urux | Lost Memories
Chatbox
 Continental Wolves
01:46:52 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Night Techno^^
~
You have logged in 344 days in a row, sweet! Only 3 more weeks until a whole year
 Red River Wolves
01:39:13 Redd Dead
Night Techno
 technoblade
01:38:56 Lil Techy | Techno
anyways I'm off to bed, g'night chat
 Eno
01:37:20 
Luna,
That's your mainlineblack ;-;
 Luna👻
01:33:40 Silver (She/her)
Honestly I donÂ’t like how I put coral pink for some of the text -Click-
 technoblade
01:32:26 Lil Techy | Techno
Redd

Probably setting it to 50 apples with a 60 AB2 for added stuff.
 Luna👻
01:31:34 Silver (She/her)
I made the pinkest palette I have ever seen in my entire life -Click- rate it please
 Red River Wolves
01:30:34 Redd Dead
Techno,
As you should. Even if this one wasn't being difficult, I'd still raise the AB
 technoblade
01:26:16 Lil Techy | Techno
Redd

I'll most likely be setting a high AB for the first one cause this one has put me through hell.
 Red River Wolves
01:24:42 Redd Dead
The heck? Just got a PvP forfeit because the game never told me it was my turn
 distant-screams
01:23:37 katy | beetle
Red,
thank you :) i've been practicing my backgrounds lately so i'm glad it looks good
 Red River Wolves
01:22:51 Redd Dead
beetle,
That's so cool. Love the background.
 distant-screams
01:20:51 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
thoughts on the last piece?
 Red River Wolves
01:20:19 Redd Dead
Boe,
True. I wouldn't count it though because of the context
 Boeing
01:19:57 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
probably should go now lol
have fun Red
Don't steall all of Techno's art before me please lol
 Boeing
01:17:59 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Red
Thing is though
SB = 5 mush
final bid = 10 apples XD
 Red River Wolves
01:17:20 Redd Dead
Boe,
Okay that one turned into an auction for like 5 different artists collectively and people were messing around.
 Boeing
01:14:45 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Red
Only slightly. mmm.
in fact I have it stored because it was so funny lol
-WP Click-
 distant-screams
01:11:47 katy | beetle
might do some poisonous flower themes for halloween though :> maybe a foxglove, lily of the valley, belladonna and larkspur
 Red River Wolves
01:11:17 Redd Dead
Boe,
Just a few orders of magnitude out of budget XD

Techno,
I probably won't bid this time around, but there will certainly be fights for whatever you put out

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Polar Bear : +3
Bengal Tiger : +5
Jaguar : -1
    Spring   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    18    19    20 

Vah x Urux | Lost MemoriesOctober 16, 2024 04:03 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

The demise had been a long hard battle. They had gotten separated somehow and Xevon couldn't even remember her name. She had gone somewhere and he had gone the other way. No--no. Xevon had told her to run, to find the cellar door and he would play hide and seek with the god. If he could keep him on his toes long enough... she would get free.

He was wrong. Clearly wrong. His eyes were glazed, a matte red, hair gone in chunks. Part of his jaw was simply just gone, as was his right arm at the shoulder, left at the elbow. The wings were ragged and tattered, feathers missing at every angle.

At least they complied with his request to not look at him.

"Don't be sorry," Xevon whispered quietly, "you are helping."

Finn lifted his hands up in some defensive and some surrender. "That's--not what I meant!" He protested weakly. "I mean... heal? Help...? I mean, you know, help somewhere with this?" He gestured to the gaping hole and then to Callisto's wound. "We're going to have to accept our fate as being here and figure it out step by step. But you guys are our ticket out. You know stuff and so we need you to stick around. Is there a way to help get you two back to your whole self?"

Xevon's eyes were closed, but open. He wasn't seeing much at that point in time but he was listening.

"... I don't actually know," he finally said. "It's always just been... Callisto doing it. I don't believe the living can."

Vah x Urux | Lost MemoriesOctober 17, 2024 12:16 AM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

The coarse sound of Xevon’s voice pulling from his throat made Callisto want to wince, such a drastic change from the man’s usual tone and cadence. It was quite upsetting to see him like this, even if Callisto knew this form well enough, it was never easier the next time he saw it.

His eyes remained trained on Finntello’s as he tried to amend his statement, clearly still irritated by the comment. He was about to interject when Xevon piped up himself.

“I would advise against trying to help, I have not seen a living person try to touch any of this. I do not know what it would do.” He took in a breath and let it out in a long sigh, allowing the annoyance in his expression to ebb away. No point remaining pent up, not when they needed to be working together.

Casting his gaze back to his friend, his face only softened further at the torn flesh. Whilst Callisto was not a man of vengeance or malice, the image of his companion so mangled and disfigured made something in him burn with such a deep seeded hatred. A scorching enough sensation to overrule the burning in his own wound, he could tend to that later.

He lifted a hand carefully and pushed back the portion of Xevon’s hair that had slipped down into his face, slicking it backwards so that it wasn’t poking him in the eyes. His hand lingered for a moment and after realising his hovering, he returned it to his own lap, the smallest twitched of his fingers as he received a twinge of pain from his side.

Lily still did not turn to look at the pair of ghosts, keeping her eyes focused on the daggers. Why did they look so familiar to her? Was it the letter opener? No, they didn’t look the same. At least not enough to make her link the two items, no it was something else that tugged at a thread in her brain. She felt like she had held them before, or perhaps just one of them.

The woman tilted her head as Finn continued to try and defend himself and Callisto’s ire grew. Talking a few steps forwards, she squatted down next to them and continued eying them. Not entirely what she remembered, in her memory they were smaller, less ornate.

Edited at October 17, 2024 12:50 AM by Urux
Vah x Urux | Lost MemoriesOctober 17, 2024 11:05 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Finn finally nodded, accepting the answer from the other ghost. It was best if they didn't do anything too risky, especially with... everything going on. At the least, it looked like they were used to this kind of thing. Which was not what Finn liked to imagine. That was not the type of scenario that seemed ideal. But even despite the ire--and perhaps the long odds that the ghostly pair had, there was a sense of bond that stayed between the two.

Finn's eyes slid over, unable to help himself. But it wasn't to linger on Xevon at all, no, it was to watch Callisto's movement. The way his fingers ever so gently brushed the other's dark hair up from his eyes, hovering just a bit before he moved on.

That told him a lot without words. Perhaps... they ... well, they didn't seem like the type to be in a set relationship just yet. Close friends at the most. But Finn could, potentially, see them getting closer. But it was probably the darker ghost that held off. Oh, that definitely made sense.

Finn looked back at the dagger in his hand. He tilted his head for a moment, testing the weight of the weapon for a moment. It felt like the type of thing he could absolutely just chuck at Mach-E at something. It was a good weight but the weight was a balanced, solid, spread. It was easy to hold and the blade felt sharp.

He ran the edge over his thumb, carefully picking at it to test the sharpness.

"These feel like they could do a considerable amount of damage," Finn mused slowly, glancing upward toward the ceiling. "But, and pardon me for asking, they don't seem to be... enough."

Xevon let out a small noise--perhaps a faint chuckling sigh. "That's because they aren't. Those daggers are only part of what you need," his red gaze turned to Callisto, silently asking if he wanted to explain what else they needed or if he should. Not that he really remembered much. Existing after such an ordeal was difficult. It was likely that he would tuck himself into the locket at some point to continue healing.

Vah x Urux | Lost MemoriesOctober 17, 2024 11:30 PM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Callisto remained observing the man beside him, hyper aware of his condition and ready to move if he began to falter even further. At the sound of Finntello’s comment, he pressed his hands together tightly, catching the look that Xevon had administered to him.

“No, they’re not enough on their own.” He took in a deep breath before he pushed it out through his nose, turning his head reluctantly away from Xevon in order to meet the living man’s eyes. “For now, just worry about not losing those or the talismans. You will need them.” He lifted a hand and waved it towards the dagger that Lily had just lifted from the floor. “And don’t cut yourselves with them, we do not exactly have any decent medical supplies here.”

As Callisto finished his sentence, Lily had leaned and grasped one of the blades in her hand. As it turned in her palm and the light caught the metal, her head was rocked with a sharp pain. A hushed gasp escaping her lips, almost dropping the dagger as images flashed before her eyes.

She had seen them before. After that dark hallway. Someone…a woman, the woman who had spoken before, they had drawn the near identical dagger across Lily’s palms. Reliving the hot pain of the slash, the woman had pushed her hands together, feeling the hot stickiness of her own blood between her palms. Then the woman began to chant, something she couldn’t understand but it sounded so familiar.

In the seconds it took Lily to pick up the dagger and be rocked by her memories, the poor woman had slipped the blade from her palm and the sharp tip had grazed the meat of her thumb, drawing forth a small welling of blood. As the metal object fell back to the ground with a dull thud, the hazed look in her eyes cleared and she whipped her head around to look at Finn. The same fear shining in her eyes as when she woke from her dream, but this time only her chest betrayed her panic, quickening in its pace.

“I’ve seen them, used them before.” A drop of blood slipped from her hand and she looked down in surprise, using her other hand to press on the small nick. “I-I mean, not these exactly, but they’re so similar.” Lily’s head shook as she tried to explain what she had just uncovered, still pressing her palm, she carefully rose to her full height and looked to Callisto. Whose now harsh again gaze rested firmly on her once more.

“I told you to be careful.” He huffed out, whilst he did find her words intriguing, the storm in him was only being held at bay by his strict self control. “Talk to him about it.” With a dismissive wave towards Finntello, Callisto rounded himself back to Xevon. His back half towards the living pair now, the sharpness in his eyes flickering out as he once again exposed himself to the remnant form of Xevon.

“And I told you not to throw yourself at him.” Whilst his words were stern in nature, the tone they carried was simply concerned, lacking the abrasive clipped ending of his previous scolding for the same behaviour. “How long will you need?” Slowly, he tilted his head to the side as he spoke. He wanted to help more but there was quite literally nothing he could do now, his friend would just have to wait to recover.

Edited at October 18, 2024 04:32 AM by Urux
Vah x Urux | Lost MemoriesOctober 18, 2024 08:22 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Xevon let out a small sigh and shook his head lightly. "No, it's recommended not to cut yourself with it. That's for sure," but he didn't comment that it was likely that the blades had already tasted their blood. It was bound to come to their memory at some point.

It was the point in which the woman had just simply grabbed it. Just lifted the blade up into her palm that she gasped and nearly dropped it. That was far quicker than he expected but nonetheless, it was welcomed. It meant that she was going to see what had likely been the start of the whole thing.

His lips twitched, as did his shoulder, as if he were trying to catch the blade from her hands. It took a bit of effort before he let his comely appearance ripple over the remnant and husk. He was... far smaller, almost half his size but looked far better than before.

"I couldn't help myself," Xevon replied, weakly. "I.... I held back as much as I could but ... but good gracious, Callisto, I couldn't handle it when he tore into you. I can handle it--I can take it but I can't take it when... when it's you," his voice drew quiet and reluctant. He hadn't really meant to admit most of that but it had just tumbled out of his lips, like sand through an hourglass. It was only a matter of time before it all came out.

Finn tilted his head lightly, studying the blade. He didn't quite recognize it. He waited, patiently, for memories to hit him or something or anything.

Instead, he found himself slowly seeing the memories. As if these were not things that they wanted to see. It was not as sharp, not as bold or as dramatic. But he could see the dagger. He could feel it in his hands. They were telling him to do something, chanting. The fuzzy figure in front of him and a darker crusty woman beside him.

He could see his hand testing the weight of the dagger, her praise that sent chills down his spine.

They wanted him to do something to that pale figure and instead, he flipped the dagger and drove it into the woman beside him.

Finn's vision slowly cleared as he leaned back from looking at his hands.

"... no, no, no you're absolutely right," Finn said slowly, lifting one hand up. "And I think you're here to be a bride. I'm here because I messed up their little ritual. Or killed some creepy old lady. I can't tell which. Maybe both."

Vah x Urux | Lost MemoriesOctober 18, 2024 11:03 PM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Lily’s rounded eyes met the strange stance of Finntello as he raised a hand, speaking carefully. A sickening twist of her stomach followed as Finn confirmed that she was supposed to be some sort of bride for that creature. Her eyes slowly turned to look towards the ghosts, the creature that had ripped the two men apart with a savagery that made a small part of her nauseous.

“How is anyone supposed to be a bride for that?” She swallowed down the bubbling disgust, forcing it back down into her throat, giving her attention back to Finn.

A heart beat later, realisation clicked in her expression. “You killed someone?” Her words were spoken cautiously, clearly a little disturbed by the idea of the apparently gentle man carrying out such an act. “But why were you there?” Her head hurried back to the memory she had witnessed during her sleep. There was that older woman’s voice, hers was clearest…but the next was a man. The man’s voice was only slightly blurry, but it did kind of sound…exactly like Finn. Lily’s hand raised and pointed towards him. “You were there. You were in the alleyway with me.” She spoke with such certainty one would think she had literally seen him in her dream.

Callisto’s face only winced the smallest amount as Xevon clearly reacted to the sound of the woman, trying to reach out with currently non-existent hands. He remained silent as the veil of normality was drawn over his friend’s form once again, a small amount of relief coming with it, even if Xevon was not back to himself. At least the poor man wasn’t stuck, well stuck in the form of a corpse.

It was only at the last little bit of Xevon’s words that made Callisto’s eyes blink wider in surprise, taking a moment to process the thoughts he had formed prior to lifting his hand again. The delicate touch returned to the dark hair of the other man’s, despite knowing he could do this himself and that it didn’t really need to be done again, he slipped his fingers into his hair and pushed it back.

“I would rather get torn to shreds than see you like this again.” His response was blunt but it carried a wobble to his voice that was so rarely experienced by the man, in fact it surprised even himself. Callisto drew his hand away carefully, letting his palm rest on his own leg once again. Seeing the lack of usual energy made his heart hurt even more, impossibly more.

“And for the record,” Callisto forced a smile onto his lips, the edges twitched with effort. “I can give out as good as I get, I choose not to.” Because I don’t want you to see how I look beneath. Is what he almost said, but it was clear that his statement was not complete. Obviously Xevon would know that. He didn’t know how he died, but good god did it look gruesome. He would wish that sight on nobody.

Vah x Urux | Lost MemoriesOctober 18, 2024 11:37 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

The young man shook his head lightly as she mentioned--questioned--anyone being a bride for whatever was out there. "Probably unwillingly," he mused dryly and shook his head again.

He hesitated for a long moment, silent for a couple of seconds. She had far more memories than he did and the most he had were old memories of weirdly old stuff and a dog. Oh, and the stabbing of a crusty old lady next to him. That was not exactly the most coherent set of events to go off of considering everything.

"I would love to confirm that I was there," he said briefly, eyes blinking a couple times with surprise. "But I'm going to be entirely honest, I have no clue. I don't even know why I'm here-here," he gestured to the room. "You're a bride, they're dead and I'm... here. I ... yeah. That's going to make total sense later, I'm sure but right now... I'm the odd one out."

Finn's voice lifted in a loose laugh and he shook his head slowly, swinging it from side to side. "Ahh, lovely. Who knows, maybe we're the ones to escape."

The daunting task of taking on whatever was out there was a chilling concept. The type of "absolutely not" concept that Finn shied away from internally and likely physically, considering the room fiasco. The young man exhaled and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. "I'm exhausted. But surprisingly, I'm not hungry." He hadn't been for a while. Which was strange but perhaps one of those 'fancy magic' things on the hotel.

Xevon's red eyes lifted up toward the other ghost, watching him for a moment or two. He didn't think he could accurately explain how he felt toward the other trapped figure. Xevon nearly leaned into his touch, relishing the feeling of his gentle fingers combing through his dark hair.

"No," he whispered, taking hold of Callisto's arms. "Whatever you went through it was worse than mine. I can not let you live through that. I can take this, I am a ... a Wraith. As long as my fury burns, it fuels me. I can not let you know how you died--that's not fair to you or your mind, Callisto."

His eyes flashed with a brief fire. "I know you can fight back, I know you want to. But right now, we have to wait on that. We can't let our plan shift yet. We have to make him think that we're just doing the same things over and over again. I throw myself at him, we shake him up, we both part ways to lick wounds," his hand drifted down to start working at Callisto's side.

"You're not used to this type of injury, but I am," Xevon continued. "It won't kill me but it'll definitely hurt you. I can shut down, be numb, but you can't. You don't have that switch on and off. Besides, someone has to be in one piece to show those two numbskulls around," he murmured. "You're far more patient than I am," he pulled a tendril away from the wound. "Usually."

Vah x Urux | Lost MemoriesOctober 19, 2024 12:10 AM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Lily stared at the dagger in front of her, refusing to touch it again in case it brought another rush of unpleasant memories to her. Instead she edged away from it and towards the other bed, shuffling her way onto it. Twisting behind her to grab a pillow and held it tightly between her arms in her lap, half hugging it and half leaning her head on it with a sigh.

The smallest puff of air left her nose at his comments. “Me knowing what purpose I was supposed to serve here still doesn’t tell me why I am here. Why me specifically?” Her words were softly mumbled into the pillow, dark eyes drawing up to look across towards Finntello. She could hear the quiet mutterings of the ghosts by the door.

“I’m happy it’s you I am here with though. I can imagine I may already be dead if I were alone or with someone less…nice?” Whatever reason Finn had been sent here, she found comfort in his company. Just as she imagined the two ghosts felt, glad to have their companion but wishing each other weren’t there in the first place.

Her stomach wasn’t groaning for food either, in fact it was the first time she had really thought about food since arriving there. She was a little parched, but that could simply be a sensation from her earlier transformation. Oh yes, she forgot about that for a moment. The fact she was apparently a lion? Lioness? It didn’t really matter, she was a giant cat.

Callisto’s arms froze as he felt them being held in place, the muscles in them tensed and unmoving as he listened to Xevon with his full undivided attention. He almost couldn’t concentrate due to the sudden contact that had been thrown at him. After all, they had both been trapped here for years. Callisto in particular, without another person’s company let alone physical contact of any description.

He felt the smallest flick of embarrassment about his own lack of burning anger towards the god, whatever Callisto felt paled in comparison to the viciousness that Xevon held. “I suppose you are right. Even if I do not like it.” He guarded his words carefully, making sure he didn’t allow that stupid wobble to re-enter them. Callisto’s gaze followed Xevon’s hand as it left his arm and made for his side.

“Being used to something does not mean you should keep doing it.” Callisto battled with his own argument, hearing how Xevon viewed his own pain was a little jarring. He was about to pipe up again and refute some more when he felt the painful tug of a tendril being removed from his side. The only noise that came out was a sharp hiss, his nose scrunching for a moment.

“I am patient when they are not trying to distract me from something more important.” Matching the quiet muttering volume of his friend, he glanced to the side to see the living sitting on the beds. “They just want to go home. I do not blame them for their rush, but you take precedence over them. Always.” Callisto steeled his tone and brought his pink eyes back around to meet Xevon’s vibrant ones.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    18    19    20 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us