Wolf Play : Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPEN
Chatbox
 Luna👻
10:04:39 Silver (She/her)
Let's compare my art. Then: -Click- Now: -Click-
 Frostyhills24
10:04:21 Frosty, (She/Her)
She's pretty but I don't like her stats- but she is a 9th gen... with high rarity and a bloodline with good boosts and defects-

-WP Click-
 distant-screams
10:04:18 katy | beetle
Karou,
it's a bit brighter than the dead eyes gear but it might work!
 Karou
10:03:38 
katy,
oh there are? lemme look 'em up, like basically I just want the dead eye gear x2 because it's literally how her eyes look XD
 Lazy Kingdom
10:03:04 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
This appointment lies e.e, it says I can either cancel or reschedule.. I can only cancel t-t.
 purdy
10:02:56 
chat... I am so sleepy right now
 distant-screams
10:02:43 katy | beetle
Karou,
like blind eyes? there's a custom gear for that
 Karou
10:02:20 
-WP Click-
I wish there was a dead eyes gear :'( it'd fit the character I'm basing her off of so much lol
 distant-screams
10:00:47 katy | beetle
lazy,
thank you ^^
 Lazy Kingdom
10:00:22 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Distant
Yea, I like the decor / gear on him as a side note ^^
 distant-screams
09:59:48 katy | beetle
lazy,
we both got lucky then! nice :)
 Luna👻
09:59:37 Silver (She/her)
I have a junk bucket ready for Breeeee (another one XD)
 distant-screams
09:59:34 katy | beetle
Luna,
sure but i'll probably lose xD didn't realize it was non-boosted
 Lazy Kingdom
09:58:25 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Distant
That's how I felt about my male :,), figured he would die on me today q-q
 Luna👻
09:57:56 Silver (She/her)
PVP, anyone?
 BuggyOs
09:56:01 boobug
hellooo
 distant-screams
09:54:30 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
genuinely can't believe this dude lived past this DS e.e i bred him to two of my girls thinking they'd be his last litters lmao
 limbo
09:54:02 ZD
Cae,
yeah most likely, but she gained an extra 3 while being a juvenile, and i hadn't used anything on her since she was a pup.
 Karou
09:53:45 
not the ghost CP on wolves with penalty defects XD

cae,
good point, i'll see if I get the trophy tomorrow xd
 Caeruleum
09:52:51 Cae, Blue
pup toys? bundles?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Jackal : -3
Red Fox : -5
Leopard : +4
    Summer   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
   1   ..    9    10    11    12    13   ..   15 

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENSeptember 25, 2024 12:49 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Sarolta Cimmerian

Apprentice | Mentions: Akith’ki

Saro watched him closely, her eyes narrowing ever so slightly as she studied his attempt at justification. Then, unexpectedly, she let out a laugh—surprisingly warm, almost lighthearted. “Of course, denying him would have been rude,” she murmured, still laughing, though the sound softened into something more controlled, a gentle ripple of amusement. Her pale feline eyes gleamed, catching the light as they danced with a teasing glint, the sharpness momentarily dulled by her unexpected mirth.

But as the laughter faded, the predatory edge remained in her gaze, sharpening again as she caught the small growl he choked out at her touch. She decided against acknowledging it, but the knowledge lingered. She knew exactly how he reacted to her, the way her mere presence stirred something.

“Companion for the night, hm?” she echoed, her voice soft but still threaded with amusement. “And if the prince wanted more than just a fleeting dance? Would you have denied him then?” Her words hung in the air, almost like she was speaking to herself. Her gaze drifted past him, distant for a moment, as though lost in thought. Then, with a blink, her focus snapped back to him. She waved a hand dismissively, as if brushing the thought away, making it clear that the question, whether he answered or not, no longer mattered.

When the topic shifted to the Elders, Saro let him speak without interruption, though her expression grew darker as the moments passed. She flicked her gaze towards the gathering of Elders, her gaze unreadable. Her ears twitched, perking slightly at his words, and she gave a subtle nod of agreement. The Elders had been power-hungry for a long time, she knew. Some of the others were starting to see it, but many remained blind, too consumed by the illusion of tradition to realize they were being manipulated.

Yet Sarolta had always been skilled at keeping her cards close to her chest; no one would ever suspect her disloyalty. Fiery and untamable, yes, but never unloyal to the Elders. If anything, she was often the first to support and carry out any tasks they needed done. To others, she was just a free-spirit that didn’t like rules, blissfully unaware of the darkness beneath her wild facade.

As Akith’ki attempted to soften his statement about the deaths, Saro’s gaze shot to his, her eyebrow arching sharply. "A harder time?" she repeated, voice laced with quiet incredulity. "Akith, don't sugarcoat it. Some of them are going to die, and we both know it." Her tone was colder now, unfeeling, as if she were merely stating a fact rather than speaking of the lives that would be lost.

Sarolta quickly glanced around before scooting closer to him, their legs brushing together as she shifted to ensure no one could see the words forming on her lips. "But that’s the point, isn’t it? The Elders love their little tests. Survival of the fittest, trimming the weak from the strong.” Her voice dropped to a conspiratorial whisper, meant solely for his ears, treasonous in its truth.

Her gaze grew sharp with a gleam of something almost dangerous. “Bravado, manipulation, call it what you will. It’s all a performance, one meant to keep everyone in line. To keep them in power. Why do you think they appointed Ivan and Ravae instead of those more experienced? Not only are they young and inexperienced, but, most importantly—they're moldable. Even Catori is young and moldable.”

She leaned back slightly, her face flushed with emotion. To anyone who may catch a glimpse, she would appear as a jealous lover, not as someone who wants to disrupt the Clan. “The Elders can twist them, shape them into whatever serves their interests best. Those three will follow orders without question, believing they’re destined for greatness when really, they’re just puppets dancing on strings. The moment they step out of line, the Elders will cut them down without hesitation, just like they always have. You saw the confusion—everyone is baffled as to why they picked those two. Ravae doesn’t even look like she wants to be Shaman. And look at the way Ivan is already being scrutinized.”

Her voice was low, simmering with fervor as she continued, “The Clan doesn’t believe in them, but the Elders cover it up by claiming the Gods chose them to keep the Clan compliant.” She seethed, frustration spilling over as she took a breath, closing her eyes momentarily to regain composure. Her hands trembled slightly, the tension in her body evident as she clasped them together tightly.

She shook her head, forcing herself to refocus on the trials. “But you and I—” she leaned in, her tone conspiratorial again, “we’re not like the others. We see through it. We’ll survive the trials because we know the game. And we know how to play it better than anyone.”

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENSeptember 26, 2024 07:12 AM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Akith’ki Terosh | Apprentice | Mentions:

Sarolta (Dir.)

A ripple of discomfort washed through Akith’ki’s veins as he processed Sarolta’s implied comment about accepting Kethryll’ia’s potential proposal for more than a dance. The mere idea that anyone, never mind an heir, would request such a thing from him. He did not see himself as some trophy to win on a night of celebration, there were far better options than himself for that specific niche.

His shoulders barely hunched inwards as Sarolta’s scalding remark towards his softened comment on other apprentices. He knew that she was right, he was going to say they will die, but he couldn’t bring himself to spit the words out. It felt filthy on his tongue to even debate speaking the words out loud. Discomfort and vague panic written clearly in his yellow-purple eyes, trying to look anywhere but the female’s piercing gaze. Smacking eye contact onto their legs instead as she moved close to his side, he stared at the contact site as she spoke. Struggling to take in the exact meaning behind what she was getting at. Akith’ki’s eyebrows furrowed in concentration, letting each comment flow into his brain to be picked apart.

She was right, he supposed. Well, she could be right. The Elders did need to solidify their importance in the clan in order to remain in control, which would obviously be in their best interests. However, he could not perceive a world where their own Elders would manipulate them to their detriment simply to appease themselves. But how she worded it…perhaps she had a small point. His ears flicked as attention was drawn away from her leg to where her hands clasped in her lap, practically vibrating at the rate they were shaking. A hint of concern arose in Akith’ki, she was taking this very seriously. Her muscles looked like she was about to leap from her seat and announce her thoughts to the entire clan.

As she leaned in closer to him, he could feel her warmth radiating from her body and the soft scent that mingled with his own. A momentary distraction from the topic at hand, he narrowed his eyes in order to focus his brain back onto her words. They were far more important.

“I can see your point.” His voice remained level but quiet beside her, unwilling to allow the rest of the tribe to become privy to their rather concerning conversation. “If the Gods have chosen Ivan and Ravae, how are we to know if that is the truth or not? The only people saying that are the Elders, without a shaman or even leaders we have no one else to comment on the believability.” His pointer finger tapped lightly on his knee as he continued to stream out his commentary on her thoughts.

“I think we should not overestimate our ability to succeed in these trials, Sarolta.” Akith forced his tone to become a little sterner, worrying about her safety due to lack of caution peeking out. “We may know their game, but that does not mean we shouldn’t be careful.” He truthfully didn’t know how to respond to her claims. It was a wondrous mixture of treason, rumours and conspiracy to the point that Akith’ki was questioning his own thoughts now. Perhaps she held a very good view on the topic, he had little interaction with the Elders himself, so who was he to assume their morality.

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENSeptember 26, 2024 01:19 PM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Koa Revin || Warrior || M: Catori (Dir); Cornaith, Drama (Ind)

It didn't take long for tensions to escalate after the Elders' announcements. The general murmurings and unease had already brought Koa to the edge of his seat, but when his eyes caught Cyrus drawing his hand back from a scratched Alvaerelle, a strangled cry escaped him and he stood, reaching out as if that would have somehow changed what had already been done. Catori's order to move with her came at the perfect time, and Koa used the momentum of his initial lunge to continue forward. Alvaerelle's feral snarl at the approaching warriors, Cornaith included, halted them all, but no one looked less tense for it. Koa kept his place behind and to the side of Catori, gaze fixed on the pair.

Alvaerelle's exit into the trees was followed by Cyrus's own departure, and the tension in the air lessened somewhat. It took a moment for regular conversation to begin again, and when it did, Catori left Koa and joined up with Cornaith. As the other warrior had been closer and one of the first to rush to the queen's aid, Koa had no doubt that it would be their conversation starter.

He decided to let them be and instead moved back to the food table. While his metabolism had come to a screeching halt at the sign of potential danger, it was back with a vengeance now. All that dancing and adrenaline had left him ravenous -- never mind that he'd had three plates already. Koa happily sat down with yet another heaping dish and began to demolish the meat, bread, and fruit that awaited him there. His eyes wandered around the clearing, catching the lieutenant -- no, the stand-in chief -- and Cornaith inching ever closer to each other. Huh; that was interesting. Koa's chewing slowed and he tilted his head in curiosity. They looked a bit cozy. Had Cornaith been planning to court her? Koa pursed his lips, the dance returning to the forefront of his memory. He hadn't butted in to Cornaith's dish, had he? Usually, they were quite adept at reading each other's intentions; Koa would have to bring that up later. Naith had always been the more serious one about women; Koa himself had barely even kissed anyone, let alone considered actually courting those he flirted with. Perhaps that was a bit scummy. He'd have to get his brother's-in-arms opinion on that matter, too. When it came to women, Cornaith was a fountain of experience and knowledge, albeit a rather sassy one.

"Ho, now," he mumbled under his breath, a surprised but amused tone taking over as Cornaith whisked the woman away with some very suggestive movements between the two. Their forms receded from the firelight, leaving Koa with a dumbstruck grin. Wow. Cornaith was really fishing for a shark tonight; that answered the question of his pursuits, at least. Now, instead of "so did I steal your dance tonight?" it would have to be "sorry I stole your dance tonight." Ah, well, if worst came to worst, Cornaith would be extra hard in a training session and then they'd be friends again. Koa couldn't keep the amazement away at his friend having romantically approached Catori with such boldness, though. Apparently, there was something in the air with the feral women and ballsy warriors, but Koa was content to just watch it all play out.

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENSeptember 26, 2024 04:21 PM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award
Althaea Tinúviel Medved'ová
Female | Queen | Mentions : Elariel

The young woman, was quite bored with the celebrations. After all they weren't meant for her, and she was growing tired - quite ready to retire to her bed, her little ones were giving her quite the handful . They seemed to share her annoyance as well. And she had to huff at the sight of Cyrus and her favorite Queen dancing together. It seemed that her mother and aunt, had things in plan, and she turned her attention to them. It seems they had a prophecy, and she found herself listening to them with interest. Ever since she was a child she had admired her aunt and mother, the legacy they held and the importance of their role within the Clan. They could communicate with Gods, and this made her want to be like them - it's partially why she became a gatherer versus a warrior. To learn the way of medicine, she was an expert in her craft, being able to heal most anyone that needed her help. She poured over the instructions her mother gave her , and she wanted nothing more than to make her proud in this regard. She knew the past Shaman, and worked well with her , and she though not envious, would've like to see what she saw as a Shaman. She wished to be respected like that, and she wanted that honor to become a Shaman - serving her clan in the best way she could. After all she had the experience and care, and that's when she heard the name called. And she felt her herself freeze in her position, eyes wide and confused as she looked at the young woman called upon. Her eye twitched slightly, surely she had misheard ? But no, she hadn't - and she could feel her lip turn into a tight line, her grip on the cup of water she held tightening a bit and she looked into the cup.

She could see the mirrored reflection of her disappointment. And she felt so bad that she was threatening to spill tears , she took a calming breath. Her teeth gritting, the sounds of congratulations and support fading from her ears as she tuned it out. It was silly to be so upset over such a position, after all she wasn't entitled to it - but, why did it hurt ? Someone who had barely reached the cusp as a full adult, nor even aspired for the position had bested her in it. She just felt . . . embarrassed, as if she had loss a game she didn't even know she was playing - was this one of her mother's tricks to embarrass her? Because if so, it surely was working - a bit too well if she might add, and she gave a forlorn sigh. She felt foolish for even getting her hopes up that she would achieve such a position, and she silently arose from her spot - and she had to say she had zoned out pretty badly. She had missed all the action, it seems there was quite an argument and fight about the new positions . She didn't even notice that Catori was now the stand-in Chief, and Ivan the Lieutenant - she'd have to celebrate with them when she was in a better mood. She silently grumbled , massaging her temples that had began to ache due to her mood.

She made her way to her beloved, and simpler rested her head on him, taking in his scent and presence. She didn't care if she was being clingy, this would soothe her nerves, before she decided to bite someone's head off.

" Looks like this night was rather eventful, " she mused a rather bitter expression on her face and tone of voice. She could only hope her husband didn't speak of the annoyed hiss that followed it. " Our Elder's have graciously bestowed their wisdom upon us ; and have given us a bit of structure admist the chaos of losing pillars of our clan." She spoke , trying to lighten the mood and appear gracious, but inside she was seething . She really wanted to be ugly, but she couldn't blame anyone for her deficiency in not getting the role or that someone less experienced was chosen. She just needed to hold her head and move it, maybe she'd never gain the role - maybe her temper was too much for it, and maybe she'd need a different perspective. But that was a long way's off. She mustered the best grin she could at her husband and focused on the chaotic events before her.

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENSeptember 27, 2024 01:26 PM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Esen Eradia || Apprentice || M: Syllivanna, Other Apprentices

She gave Syl an appreciative smile. The other girl was right; each apprentice had a strength to balance another's weakness, and they were all going to have to work together to get out of these trials in one piece. If the prophecy was real, then Esen suspected there would be more difficulties than normal. Her mind wandered to Koa's mishap and the many others who had suffered injury or death. What would happen this go-around? She could only pray none of them would die; imagining life without any one of them left a strange taste in her mouth.

"Wait. Dance with boys? On purpose?" Esen asked, catching her cousin lightly by the arm. She probably hadn't meant it in a romantic manner, given that the younger heir was skipping after Cyrus' son, who was in some distorted love-hate triangle with Sarolta and Aelion. That left Merrick and Baiyen, neither of which Esen knew very well, and she'd never been one to approach those she wasn't already familiar with. "Well... I guess I could go with Kethryll'ia and see what's up with him and Akith'ki."

That had been a bit of a surprise; she hadn't expected that kind of boldness from her friend -- but she'd danced with the devil himself that night, so who was she to speak of playing out-of-character? She shook her head and cleared her throat before taking a few slow steps forward. She allowed herself to be pulled along towards the other apprentices. Sarolta was by Akith'ki, and while Esen sent a wave in her other cousin's direction, she did not make a move to break away from Syl and intrude on whatever the two were discussing. Knowing Saro, they probably involved world domination anyway, which was not a topic of much interest for the blue-haired girl.

Lowering her voice to keep them out of earshot of the others they approached, Esen teased, "Are you going after Aelion? Merrick? Baiyen? They're all handsome."

She thought she'd picked up on a slight crush of Syl's for Aelion, though playing with Sarolta's toys always brought the danger of getting burned. Esen stopped while they were still far enough away for Syl to answer without fear of any of the trio overhearing them. Now that the question had been asked, Esen was more and more curious as to who -- if anyone -- her cousin had eyes for. Of course, if Syllivanna wanted her to, Esen would carry that secret to the grave. Even the ancestors wouldn't get it out of her in the afterlife. However, it would make teasing easier. After they survived the trials.

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENSeptember 27, 2024 02:47 PM

Sanania

Neutral

Give Award

Cornaith Iliven

Warrior
Mentions: Catori (Dir)

At the females latch upon his finger a wry chuckle would escape him along with a predatory growl. Upon her release of his thumb he’d watch her intently focusing her touch upon him. He’d purr, closing his eyes thoroughly embracing every touch she brushed against his skin and muscles.

“Distract me, Cornaith. I only want to think of you.”

Upon her near breathless words his eyes burned upon her own dark emerald ones, a grin plastered upon his scarred face.

“As you wish, Catori. Perhaps, I provide you with more than just a simple distraction and thoughts of me.” He’d chide, in a low purr, bringing himself closer to her drawing his lips closer to hers until they finally made contact with one another.

He’d allow his own teeth to gently take a grasp of her bottom lip and bring it in toward himself, releasing it to return to where it once sat. He’d bring his right arm closer to her, bringing his fingers to entangle themselves in her vibrant fiery hair, drawing his lips to hers once more.

Catori was intoxicating in a manner that Naith had yet to experience from any other female. She had him entranced and desiring more, but for tonight he’d allow her to set the pace. He deeply enjoyed the idea of having to prove himself to win her affection and would surely find ways to do so in perhaps a manner that wasn’t as public unless she explicitly desired it to be so. He would not allow warriors and gatherers alike to doubt Catori's authority by the likes of himself attempting to involve himself in her life. For all he knew Cyrus would likely see this as a way for Naith to work his way up the ranks as well were it even feasibly possible, which hadn't been his intentions at all.

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENSeptember 27, 2024 07:52 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Elariel Quercus

Warrior | Mentions: Althaea, Cyrus, Ravae

Elariel tensed at his mate’s soft voice, her expression bitter as she spoke about the Elders and their “wisdom.” He scrunched his nose at her comments, feeling a mixture of irritation and concern. He knew she was trying her best to maintain composure, far better than he had managed, especially as she forced a smile in his direction. Her effort to remain calm only heightened his own tension, amplifying the protective instincts that bubbled beneath the surface. He wanted to reassure her, to remind her that she was good enough to be Shaman, but the weight of the evening hung heavy in the air, making it difficult to find the right words.

He took a deep breath, grounding himself, but the moment was shattered when his head snapped toward the commotion. Cyrus had struck Alvaerelle, a small wound marring her arm. The sight sent adrenaline coursing through Elariel's veins, and he clenched his fists as Alvaerelle quickly retaliated, matching the injury on Cyrus’s arm. Gasps erupted from the onlookers, a collective tension filling the air as anger surged through him. Elariel felt the heat of rage bloom beneath his skin, threatening to boil over. He glanced back at his mate, his voice strained yet steady, “I think it’s time you return home; it’s getting late. It seems our Clanmates do not know how to play nice any longer.” He fought to keep his tone even, even as fury roiled inside him. “I will see you soon, mate.” With a quick peck on her cheek, Elariel was already on the prowl.

As he moved through the crowd, he spotted the newly appointed Shaman approaching Cyrus, catching the end of their heated exchange. “Shaman Ravae, congratulations,” Elariel spoke softly, as he dipped his head to her, forcing a smile onto his face despite the man in front of them. “May the Gods bless your path,” he added, though his gaze quickly shifted to Cyrus, who was pressing a cloth to his wound, hatred etched across his features. The shift in energy around him felt palpable as he squared off with Cyrus, both men almost equal in height and mass, their postures tense and charged. He refused to let Cyrus take his anger out on Ravae, she didn’t deserve his wrath.

“Cyrus,” Elariel's voice turned icy, “Ravae did not choose to be Shaman. It was a shock to her just as it was to all of us.” His words were measured, cold steel wrapped in restraint, but his eyes blazed with an intensity that betrayed his fury. The heat of the moment crackled between them, a silent battle of wills as Elariel sought to remind Cyrus of the weight of responsibility that had been thrust upon Ravae. She was young, and the shock was evident in her wide eyes; there was no way she had seen this coming.

He took a step closer, lowering his voice as he tried to convey the gravity of the situation. “It has long been time to fill this position, and Ravae has been chosen. We can't ignore the needs of our people just because it feels unfair. You know that.” He paused, gauging the storm brewing in Cyrus's eyes, desperate to reach the core of his pain before it turned to something darker. “Be at peace, brother,” Elariel continued, his tone softening, though not with pity. “No one will replace your mate. This is not a betrayal; it’s an opportunity for our community to grow.”

Elariel breathed deeply, the weight of the moment settling in his chest. “You must know,” he said, glancing apologetically at Ravae for his next words, “We all thought—if anyone was to be named—it would have been Althaea.” His voice faltered slightly as he recalled the confusion and disappointment that had rippled through the crowd. “You must have seen the shock on Ravae’s face, along with everyone’s. Only the Elders knew of this,” he paused, his heart heavy with unspoken regret. “If I or Althaea had known, we would have warned you.” Elariel moved closer to the broken man and gripped his shoulder firmly, his eyes never leaving Cyrus’s. Anger no longer radiated from Elariel, only heartache for the pain his brother felt.

Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENSeptember 27, 2024 09:06 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Sarolta Cimmerian

Apprentice | Mentions: Akith’ki

Indirectly: Esen, Syl, Other Apprentices

Sarolta’s lips curled into a sly smile as she listened, her gaze flicking toward Akith'ki. She leaned back, laughing softly. "Careful? Of course, Akith. I’m not reckless, no matter how it may seem. Especially since the Elders hold all the cards, and as long as they control the narrative, we’ll always be pawns. I refuse to be careless enough to let them steer us off a cliff.” She teased, reaching out to playfully flick his ear lightly.

But her expression shifted, growing serious again, though not as fervent as before. Her eyes scanned the clearing, briefly landing on her two cousins, Esen and Syllivanna, making their way toward a group of apprentices, Aelion among them. Esen waved in her direction, and Sarolta returned the gesture with a warm smile before turning her attention back to Akith’ki.

"As for the Gods choosing Ivan and Ravae—" she paused, letting the words hang for a beat, her brow furrowing in contemplation. She sighed lightly, giving a small shrug. “It’s true—we have no way of verifying anything the Elders say. We’re forced to take their word as law, and that’s a dangerous position for us to be in.”

Sarolta’s eyes lingered on Akith’ki for a moment, her sly demeanor softening as a flicker of genuine curiosity crept in. “Do you feel ready? For the trials, I mean.” She cupped her mug, staring down into the dark liquid. Sarolta couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that had settled in her chest. The way the Elders had announced the prophecy, whether true or not, left her on edge. The words echoed in her mind, sending a chill through her each time she repeated the words to herself.

Her gaze remained fixed on the drink, her voice dropping to a near whisper again that she wasn’t even sure if he would hear. “I need to know that we’re in this together. I can’t go through this without knowing you’ll stay by my side. Promise me, Akith’ki. Promise me you’ll be there—through everything. Because if we’re going to get out of this alive, we need to stick together.”

Whether this plea was born out of fear or a calculated manipulation, even Sarolta herself wasn’t entirely sure. Perhaps it was both. But, she knew she didn’t want to be alone through this, especially if Aelion wasn’t going to be by her side. She needed at least one person she could fully trust. Drumming her fingers against her cup, Saro felt a wave of unease wash over her. The vulnerability gnawed at her, making her feel exposed. It made her feel unsafe.

Edited at September 27, 2024 09:10 PM by The Bewitched
Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENSeptember 28, 2024 01:53 AM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Akith’ki Terosh | Apprentice | Mentions:

Sarolta (Dir.)

His ear pressed back after her finger made contact with it, peeking at the female from the corner of his eyes, while it wasn’t a lingering touch it still made him hold his breath for a heartbeat longer. Her laugh sounded delightful to his brain, a sound he would like to hear more often, but he doubted in the trials there would be much laughter to be had.

Her attention had been brought back out to the clearing, her eyebrows settling into a harder look, only shifting to greet her family. Akith’ki turned his head to face her as she began to speak once more, maintaining small sprints of eye contact with her before he felt the need to glance away from the intensity. He was not sure what to say, she spoke the truth, as wrong as it sounded coming from her lips, the Elders could spout all the lies in the world and the clan would listen and believe it to be the Gods will.

The deference to the trails drew Akith’ki eyebrows skyward, eyes travelling down to follow her gaze to Sarolta’s cup. There was a beat of silence before he spoke, a puff of air passing through his nose prior.

“I was prepared my entire life for the trials, so it is daunting to finally be at the cusp of them.” Akith’ki pressed his lips flat briefly, contemplating his actual thoughts before putting them into words. He knew he would be fine, his father had cultivated his abilities for the specific reason of not just completing the trials, but conquering them. While the nerves remained, they were centred around potential disappointment and subsequent disapproval of his father if he merely survived the trials. “I doubt there is more I could have done to prepare, so yes. I am ready.” His tone was matter-of-fact, as though the trails were not a death trap to some. Behind a wall in his mind, there were hints of panic and fear, but that wall was placed for a reason. So that he could dominate without concerning himself with useless anticipation of what may or may not happen. If he died, then the Gods must have willed it.

His ears that were leaned back, pricked quickly as he saw Sarolta’s lips move. He had to strain slightly to hear her, dipping his head lower to be closer to her height in order to make sure he savoured each syllable that left her mouth.

The male remained silent. Processing what she had just asked of him and what the implied importance he had in her mind. To top it off, she used his complete name. His skin prickled at the words, she was requesting his company for the entirety of the trials and perhaps beyond that. His eyes must have betrayed his initial shock that simmered down into adoration, pupils dilating fractionally.

Akith’ki’s hand had risen from his leg, initially without his conscious decision to do so, moving towards her cautiously. There was the smallest pause in the movement before he let his calloused hand land gently on her shoulder, feeling the warmth spread through his palm. He kept his head lowered, closer to hers as he spoke, matching the quietness of her previous words.

“Without question, I will swear to remain by your side.” Even Akith was surprised by the solidity of his words, the stern affirmation felt right. “I swear with my life, Sarolta.” He finished his statement, a glimmer of the male he was beneath his intense training and emotional restraints, confidence oozing through the small cracks in the facade. When it came to Sarolta, he found himself lurching after her, to appease her. To be asked to accompany her into such a dangerous period of their lives, he could not have asked the Gods for anything else.

Edited at September 28, 2024 02:15 AM by Urux
Blood of The Forgotten | Dragon Shifter RP | OPENSeptember 28, 2024 02:17 AM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Cyrus Terosh | Warrior | Mentions:

Elariel, Ravae (Dir.) Elders, Althaea (Indir.)

His hulking form still stood before the newly appointed Shaman, his eyes boring holes into her skin as he waited for her reply. Whatever she said, it didn’t matter, it wouldn’t be right. The male debated simply turning his back on her and walking away, unwilling to waste his time with her. That was when he saw a familiar form stalk through the gap in the rocks, a spark of irritation igniting in his eyes. What was he doing here? No doubt to scold him, but could he not have done it later. Cyrus’s nose scrunched up as Elariel exchanged pleasantries with Ravae, wishing he had ignored the woman and gone home instead.

At Elariel’s tone, his upper lip twitched in the start of the snarl that was tamed with great effort. Narrowed amber eyes now solely directed towards his old friend, awaiting the disapproving words and talk about moving on. Rich of him to speak those words when his mate was alive and well, bearing his children. A hot flash of jealousy lashed through Cyrus’s veins, drawing a huff of air through his nose. Distaste evident in his expression, Ravae was a poor choice and it appeared that Elariel agreed, but was too soft to do anything about it. He could chew on the tension between them, refusing to speak for the moment, not moving a millimetre as his old friend stepped closer, instead his ears angled backwards sharply.

A frustrated growl drew from deep in his throat, his body rolling away from Elariel in restrained frustration, neck curling to the direction he was pacing. He took a few stomps away before quickly turning to meet Elariel’s form once more. His mate would have chosen Althaea, that is correct, perhaps a decision he could have lived with. But the Elders did not care for what the previous shaman thought to be best, nor did the Gods. Was her time as shaman so useless that they did not care to honour her intelligence?

At the hand that gripped his shoulder, Cyrus’s angered eyes faltered with something. Clouding his burning gaze for a few long seconds, almost appearing as though he were about to apologise and reaffirm his confidence in the Elders choice. Instead, his irritation reignited brighter than before in his eyes, lip drawing back as he spoke, voice harsh with anger.

“If you and the rest of the tribe thought the decision to be wrong, then our future is dark, Elariel.” His voice mixing with the strong growl. “The entire tribe has gone soft. No one will speak their concerns to the Elders. No, they blindly believe them, like sheep!” Cyrus’s eyes narrowed into thin slits. “Even you, Elariel.” He practically spat out his friend’s name.

Cyrus ripped his shoulder from Elariel’s hand, hand tightening its grip on the cloth that covered his forearm. He could not match the apparent acceptance and restraint that Elariel could, over the years Cyrus felt his confidence in the Elders decreasing rapidly. Each small thing they did that made no sense to the tribe, let alone himself, adding to the avalanche that was preparing to crash down from Cyrus and slam into the tribe without hesitation.

“Comforting words will do nothing to salve the pain of losing her.” His eyes appeared slightly more glossy, widening a fraction. He could feel the despair in his heart as if he had lost his mate yesterday. “Salacia would never have chosen her. She knows nothing.” Speaking his deceased mate’s name ripped sharp claws through his heart. His eyes pinned back onto Ravae’s form in sharp judgement, head lowering briefly before snapping back towards Elariel.

Cyrus’s knuckles were almost white where he gripped the cloth. Practically squeezing blood from the still clotting wound, reopening the small amount of scabbing that had begun. The fresh red seeping into the white fabric and beginning to stream small trails down to his hand. Cyrus looked distraught, ears pinned back in wrath, eyes brimming with pain and fury. Nothing he did meant anything now, he had no one left to please. Only a son to craft into a strong warrior, not like the weak tribe members that clouded their bloodlines now.

Edited at September 28, 2024 03:20 AM by Urux

Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
   1   ..    9    10    11    12    13   ..   15 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us