Amy

Yeah I will!
 Amygdala
06:11:27 Amy/Anpmygdala
Dart
I suggest you keep sticking with the forest

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Vicuna Wolf : -1
Boar : -3
Copperhead : +4
    Spring   Day  Weather:  Flood

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    595    596    597 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 12, 2024 01:12 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
I got distracted by a song lyric thing actually so no clue when it'll be up actually-
Oops
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 12, 2024 01:16 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Lmaooo
That's so fair! No worries XD
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 12, 2024 02:02 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

Okay, it's kinda a mess, but here's Teige's short story! :)

---

Child-like Attachment

Characters: Bri (Teige, current age 7), Aires, and Stellan.

TWs: Mentions of past physical child abuse, Mentions of implied sexual child abuse/rape, Dissociation, Panic/anxiety attacks, Implied past grooming/manipulation, Unhealthy attachment/Mentions of past abusive attachment, Implied self-harm, Warped body image, and somewhat messy writing.

Notes: So, you get to meet Teige now. Yay! Uh- I mean, just be careful with this one. Again, Teige's a little, but he's also a trauma holder. He holds a lot of childhood trauma that literally none of the rest of the system even remembers.

The good news is, when fronting this time, he's only surrounded by good people, so he'll only be able to attach to someone who's good. Yay! This would probably take place sometime after the Exile Arc and after Bri loses an arm and eye, probably shortly after, actually, since that would be when the system's dissociation is the worst and Teige would be more easily triggered.

Also, this episode ended rather quickly, also probably because of how much dissociation was already happening, leading to more rapid switching.

Anyway, enjoy! Hopefully I wrote Aries okay :)

---

Bri swayed slightly, vision hazy as they struggled to keep from completely collapsing.

Could they even collapse? Maybe they were sitting down already, they weren't sure. To be fair, they weren't even sure where they were at the moment. Everything was too blurred and their body was too numb.

Some part of their brain faintly processed that they were shaking, probably crying, and that someone was trying to speak to them. They weren't sure who, they couldn't hear what they were saying, really they just hoped whoever it was wasn't mad. They probably were. Why wouldn't they be?

An attempt was made to move, to try and ground by digging their nail into the symbol on their wrist, only to hit metal. Bri grimaced, confusion quickly being followed by panic as the realization that something was wrong. Part of Bri that was supposed to be there wasn't there, replaced by a chunk of metal. That wasn't right.

The haze got thicker, fogging up Briar's brain and eyes, filling their nose, it was suffocating. They couldn't breathe.

Full panic set in then, causing the little awareness Bri had maintained to slip, throwing them into complete lack of control, only getting worse when, out of nowhere, a loud bang echoed in their skull, holding a note for half a second.

-

Teige curled in on himself, breathing labored as everything suddenly came into sharp focus. The room was spinning and unfamiliar and two people he didn't recognize were sat on either side of him, watching with twisted expressions.

Struggling, Teige forced himself to scramble into a seated position, grabbing at his hair and clothes, trying to straighten everything up before freezing as cold metal touched skin. Looking down shakily, his vision hazed again when he found a hunk of metal in the place of an arm.

That wasn't right. That shouldn't be there. That was supposed to be an arm. Flesh and blood! Not... not this!

Father would be angry, he wasn't supposed to look like this. He was supposed to be normal. And his hair should be longer too, not buzzed on the sides like now!

And these men sitting here, who were they? What were they doing? Where they more of father's friends? They must be here to help punish Teige then, for being an idiot and doing... whatever it was he'd done.

"Bri?"

Teige flinched, eyes widening as one of the men spoke, scooting back a little at his reaction, blue eyes softening with worry.

Which... wasn't right?

"S-sorry. I didn't... um..." Teige raked a hand through his hair again, and dropped his eyes to the metal again. "I-I don't know what... sorry..."

He thought he saw the mans face light up with understanding out of the corner of his eye, and the other shifted slightly, red eyes watching carefully as his companion spoke again.

"It's alright kid, don't apologize. Can we know your name?"

Teige froze at that. They didn't know his name already? That didn't make sense. Father should have told them his name. He always told them his name.

But then, he couldn't question them. He wasn't supposed to question anything, he knew that. He had to be good so it would be over faster. So it would be less painful. And maybe these men just wanted to see if he would listen well without question, it must be a test.

"I-I'm Teige..." He dropped his hand back to his lap, instead opting to pull at the metal fingers, wincing a little when the bed shifted as the first man moved slightly. "Sorry."

"Hey, it's alright k- Teige. We aren't here to hurt you, I promise. My name is Stellan and this is Aries. We want to help you, okay?"

The speaker, Stellan, gestured as he spoke and Teige forced his head up. He had to make sure he was paying attention. When Stellan pointed toward Aries, Teige glanced over, watching the other smile slightly, sitting extremely still otherwise, hands resting in his lap.

He looked... nicer than the others Father had brought over.

"How old are you, Teige?"

"I-I'm seven..." He answered as best as he could, while still examining Aries, getting stuck on the image of his hair. It was long, red, and braided with a red and a while tucked behind his ear. Teige like roses.

"That's cool." Stellan sounded nice too, and neither of them had made a move like the rest of Father's friends. Maybe they were different. They felt safer.

Teige hesitated for a moment before asking a question of his own, heart speeding up a little.

"D-do... do you know my dad?"

There was a slightly longer pause than before and Teige looked toward Stellan, who looked mildly sad, but smiled slightly when Teige turned toward him. "No, kiddo, we don't know your father."

"Oh." Without really meaning to, Teige felt his body relax, eyes drifting back toward Aries. "Okay."

"How are you feeling?"

Teige hummed before shrugging. "Okay." He shifted, limbs feeling less heavy than before, though there was a dull aching in his shoulders that he didn't quite understand, and, without much thought, reached toward Aries, completely forgetting about his metal arm in the moment. "I like your hair."

Aries blinked, evidently confused, before smiling and dipping his head. "Thank you."

"Can I touch it?"

"Sure."

The answer was from Aries fast and Stellan chuckled slightly as Teige adjusted to crawl over to Aries, a smile finding its way to his lips as he gently ran his hand over the braid, examining the soft texture and how well the flower petals contrasted it.

"It's so soft! Like Clover!" At the thought of the stuffed bunny, Teige giggled, eyes lighting up with joy. "Clover likes roses too!"

Without really thinking, Teige wrapped his arms around Aries' neck and rested his forehead on his shoulder, feeling much more comfortable. "Clover would like Aries."

Resting against Aries, Teige tightened his grip as his eyelids grew heavy and the smell of roses filled his nose, refusing to let go even as the rollercoster of confusing emotions finally caught up to him.

"Thanks for letting me touch your hair, Aries... You're really nice." He muttered, brain getting more and more hazy even as he continued. "Nicer than Father's friends... I wanna... wanna stay here instead, better... home..."

Finally giving in, Teige slipped out of consciousness, still managing to cling to Aries as he drifted off.

Edited at September 12, 2024 02:03 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 12, 2024 03:05 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
That short story was so incredibly adorable and sad
Loved it
Aries is written very well!
-
I finished the song lyric thing so that'll be up... Relatively soon, I think.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 12, 2024 03:19 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
And here's the song lyric thing!! Enjoy!
-

Song 1: Waterfalls Coming Out Your Mouth by Glass Animals.

Song 2: It’s All So Incredibly Loud by Glass Animals.

(With some slight adjustments to the lyrics of both songs to avoid as much repeating and make it more accurate to characters in certain places)

Characters in Song 1: Garvin and Revan. Rest of GRAIN vaguely mentioned here and there.

Characters in Song 2: Revan, Nico, Akira, and Ingall. Garvin mentioned, quite a bit.

Context: Just some AFCS nonsense with Garvin and Revan, I think. This bounces around a ton. It’s really just Garvin and Revan being dumbasses. Does the last bit of WCOYM (and by proxy, all of IASIL) actually happen? Who knows!

TWs: Suicide attempt, oops. Some other relatively vague stuff that tend to show up with Garvin and Revan.

*~*~*~*

*Starting in the early stages, from when first meeting to early stages of dating, basically, the timeline bounces around a lot though.*

Garvin, on his way to use Revan’s money that he stole to buy, uh, drugs, oops; “Drip drop, gimme what you got..”

Revan, away from Garvin, realizing he’s falling, oops; “Your talk is incredible…”

Revan, in front of Garvin, insulting him to help deny his own feelings, haha; “So, so… So unusual.”

Garvin, basically saying that Revan makes him feel like he’s drowning in a really roundabout way that only comes off that way if you know Garvin’s almost drowned before and doesn’t know how to swim; “You taste like surfing videos.”

Revan, disbelief coating his tone, repeating back what Garvin just told him that he’d do, having pretty much just met him; “You’re going to read my mind?”

Garvin, grinning and absolutely mocking/joking around, basically just having met him and immediately deciding to get on his nerves as much as possible, also some very vague hinting at Garvin’s not-so-good experiences with people that have money; “Big dicks and big ol’ titties on the sly!”

Revan, a little later on when Revan is actually trying to figure out how to, not deny/ignore feelings, just a little at least, and deciding on trying to use zodiacs a little because Garvin likes stars, so why not; “Say you got Cancer eyes–”

Garvin, who knows nothing about zodiacs other than that Cancers are July and water, so, nah; “Fuck no, I’ma bonafide Aquemini!”

Revan, as he gets to know Garvin and starts noticing little discrepancies; “Oh, who are you hiding? White Russians and dirty diamonds, you fake your shining… I just wish that I could see through you.”

Revan, basically just insulting Garvin in an argument; “Cheap booze–”

Garvin, basically just mocking Revan in an argument; “Pepsi blue, you got bottles in from 2002?”

Revan, again, just insulting and mocking Garvin in an argument, completely frustrated by how Garvin treats/acts during arguments, for the most part; “Hot glue, vape juice, hit undo– How the hell are you so cool!?”

*Major timeline shift, later stages of dating basically. Still bounces around a lot.*

Garvin, basically just flirting with his boyfriend; “Drip drop, gimme what you got–”

Revan, actually complimenting him, woooo; “Your talk is incredible.”

Revan, using the old insult to instead tease him now and mock himself a little too; “So, so… So unusual.”

Garvin, along with the same reasoning as the first time since there’s still issues, he’s also just, you know, flirting like an absolute dumbass; “You taste like surfing videos.”

Garvin, referring to the Fintan shit he’s slowly, incredibly slowly, learning about, mostly through the rest of GRAIN and friends that have met that sidesystem probably; “It’s chemical warfare– Red lips and television eyewear!”

Revan, just referring to how much Garvin’s grown/changed, ignoring the worry (or at least trying to) that comes from a partner that can’t swim being in a pool, also, woooo, kinda foreshadowing; “Raspberry soda hair in the pool in a blow-up gummy bear…”

Garvin, referring to how little of his past he actually remembers, to how much of therapy is like piecing together a mystery; “Fake youth, Scooby Doo…”

Revan, referring to the whole ‘rooftop talk’ method and offering one; “Push Pops on the corner of the roof?”
Garvin, accepting the offer but trying to get out of actually talking; “Froot Loops, superfood?”

Revan, not letting him; “Chat shit but where’s the real you?”

Garvin, referring to something Revan had mentioned off-handed once; “Never seen ‘The Price Is Right’?”

Revan, admittedly he hadn’t lied on purpose, but people lie on autopilot sometimes when they want people to like them; “I’m a liar, I’ve been on that shit since ‘99…”

*Timeline shift, not as major as the last one, still technically in the later stages of dating, but specifically after a huge downward spiral/tons of steps back that ended up causing an argument– Remember when I mentioned Garvin cuts off like, at least half of the hair he ended up growing out? And dyes it an aquatic looking color/ombre thing? Yeah. That. Depending on how things go during all that this could, more or less, happen. So be mentioned that the argument would not be with just Revan. Also should be mentioned that all of it’s technically a version of, um, River Pactolus. The spiral, the steps back, the attempt that comes after the argument– All of it. So, fun fact, everyone in the polycule is there for the attempt. Kind of. At least to find him and whatnot, uh, yeah… That includes Revan.*

Garvin, during the aforementioned argument; “You made me act like a clown– Clap clap, you’re a clever, clever cookie now!”

Revan, referring to the water themed attempt that came after the argument; “Water falls, coming out your mouth–”

(Garvin, right before the water themed attempt; “What the hell– I went through enough!)

Revan, again referring to the water themed attempt; “Water falls, tearing you apart–”

(Garvin, again, right before the water themed attempt; “What the hell are we doing now?)

*And now we switch to It’s All So Incredibly Loud, which picks up right after the above! More or less. Bounces around a bit, but everything in it happens after the above before Garvin wakes up. Now I can tell you why it includes Revan as part of the group to find him! Because by then, Revan is much better at not pulling away. This attempt does make him pull away though, something he hadn’t done in years. Probably. Just for reference.*

Revan, referring to the argument, decidedly feeling guilty; “I break it, by stars, your face…”

Nico, waiting for Garvin to wake up at the hospital, very sad; “Awaken… Two eyes, blooming… Open for me…”

Nico, referring to the attempt, aka have some information about the immediate aftermath of finding Garvin; “Super silence in the quiet, eye inside the storm…”

Akira, referring to the attempt, aka have some information about the immediate aftermath of finding Garvin; “Water from your broken nasal fell toward the floor–”

Ingall, referring to the attempt, aka have some information about the immediate aftermath of finding Garvin; “Everything waiting, shaking as it drops…”

Revan, at the hospital with the rest of the polycule, but also definitely starting to pull away; “I tried for them and us, for too hard, for too long– Gave it all and everything for more time, but I lost…”

Nico, still waiting for Garvin to wake up, at least kinda desperate by the end; “Oh, we’re breaking down… Whispers would deafen me now… You don’t make a sound–”

Revan, trying to convince himself to leave; “Heartbreak was never so loud…”

Ingall, trying to stay together to help Revan manage the stuff with the doctors; “Oh, I’m breaking down… Whispers would deafen me now… You don’t make a sound…”

Revan, still trying to convince himself to leave; “Heartbreak was never so loud…”

Revan, referring to his decision to pull away and Garvin’s attempt; “Two hearts folding… Pulling everything…”

Akira, trying to keep it together, waiting with Nico for Garvin to wake up; “Oh, I’m breaking down… Whispers would deafen me now… You don’t make a sound…”

Revan, still trying to convince himself to leave before he manages to hurt someone else, aka his guilt be back full force; “Heartbreak was never so loud…”

Revan, away from the others, dealing with the guilt crashing into him full force again, trying to convince himself to put some distance between himself and the others before they get hurt too; “Oh, I’m breaking down– Whispers would deafen me now! You don’t make a sound– It’s all so incredibly loud– It’s all so incredibly loud…”

Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 12, 2024 04:43 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
The songs are absolutely amazing, and I love them! And they're so angsty too :)
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 12, 2024 04:45 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Glad you liked them- And, yeahhh, definitely angsty haha
Hopefully I still get Boiling Point up by tonight but if not then it'll be up tomorrow for sure
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 12, 2024 04:46 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Sounds good! :D
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 12, 2024 05:03 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Working on Boiling Point- Realized this is gonna be your introduction to Ridley! A headmate from the Rudy Epoch (aka, um, the guy that Garvin stayed with from 7 to 9)
Ridley's a middle
Most important though is, uh, the He/It pronouns, I think.
Anyways, um, yeah!
This is gonna be fun.

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    595    596    597 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us