Wolf Play : What's up With Roleplays Lately?
Chatbox
 TheFlyingKitten
09:25:18 Petri Dish/Oh Naauur
Quick question, how imposing does a "Two-headed Komodo Dragon with the speed of a horse" sound? For research purposes.
 Ámor
09:16:09 Cloudz, Pumpkin
@Vox
xD I wish it wasnt 10:15 :c i gotta go at 10:30 and my boyfriend is still busy.
 TheFlyingKitten
09:15:18 Petri Dish/Oh Naauur
I genuinely forgot I spent time on this: -Click-
 Voxtexy
09:15:02 Vox, Corey
BJake,
Hehe, the hungry boy one.

I got them all for $75 if I'm not mistaken? Ironically what I paid for the piece I'm using as my avatar right now :'D
 Voxtexy
09:13:27 Vox, Corey
Ámor,
That's great 😂
 BJake
09:13:05 Don't call me BJ.
@Voxtexy
-Click-
This is my favorite out of them :'0
He's so adorable ToT
 Ámor
09:11:42 Cloudz, Pumpkin
@Vox
I accidentally dyed my hair the same color as my palette xD
 Voxtexy
09:10:27 Vox, Corey
BJake,
-Click-

Stick pack starts at the 5th image in his gallery!
 Wilverbeast
09:10:13 Will
Off I go now
To try and catch up on six revenges >>
 BJake
09:09:00 Don't call me BJ.
@Voxtexy
Wait, show the whole sticker pack :0
 Ámor
09:08:56 Cloudz, Pumpkin
I just realized my palette is the same color as my hair >>
 Wilverbeast
09:08:51 Will
Ironically that palette is also hard for me considering everything is the same colours :'D
 BJake
09:08:26 Don't call me BJ.
@Wilvoh
No because I'm going to get a pastel palette eventually I promise
 Wilverbeast
09:08:09 Will
@Cloudz
Ha
Thank you
 BJake
09:07:53 Don't call me BJ.
Voxtexy's page is always a vibe to be on, makes me feel like a cool guy ⭐
 Ámor
09:07:38 Cloudz, Pumpkin
@Will
The nice non-bright palette it back :)
 Ámor
09:07:06 Cloudz, Pumpkin
@Bjake
you just now noticed that xD
 Wilverbeast
09:07:04 Will
@Baja

I'm gonna be dead ass honest I avoid actually clicking on your den 😔
I'm sorry lmao
 BJake
09:06:24 Don't call me BJ.
@Amor
That one headshot I made you being plastered 6 times in your bio ToT
 Voxtexy
09:06:21 Vox, Corey
Tongue blep*

Thanks phone.

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges
Hourly Damage Variances
Green Python : +2
Coyote : +3
Bobcat : +4
    Spring Month: 2   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 
 Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay
  1 ..  3  4  5  6  7  8

What's up With Roleplays Lately?October 28, 2023 11:42 AM

Crazydayz

Lightbringer

Give Award
Argos
Thanks for showing interest! I'll try my best to answer all of your questions. I'm fairly new to setting up roleplays.
-
I have actually decided to just use the abnormals. It will be a group of 12-15 depending on how many characters I think are needed.
-
I'm thinking of the world being the type where the goverment are super strict and in control of everything, with military out on the streets patroling with guns. There also might be a lot of propaganda. The countryside is a bit more relaxed, though. I might end up adding in a safe country, that could actually further the plot! Thank you for the suggestion.
I probably will try and encourage people to set up friendships and relationships before the roleplay starts.
-
An 'abnormality' is something that makes these people look different than ordinary people, such as ears, tails, horns, wings, different colored skin, eyes, etc. Basically anything other than the typical human. Some are even more anthropomorphic. On that note, dying your hair is banned. It could lead to being shot upon mistaking you as an abnormal.
I might allow powers, but I'm honestly unsure as of now. I might only allow stuff such as flight for those with wings, strength/speed for those with animals that would be like that, etc. That's something I'll have to decide.
-
Right now, this is the only known group of abnormals that has been seen. (Key words are 'the only known ;) ) There isn't enough research so far about if abnormalities are genetic, but they most likely are. The goverment has started watching for babies born to parents who have had abnormals before, and have seen it happen. They honestly have no idea where abnormals have come from as of right now.
-
I'll allow people to decide if they do want their characters to try and find a 'cure' or where abnormalities have come from. (Maybe a few have bad intentions? Maybe a few do want peace?)
-
As for the strengths, as I mentioned before, I may allow strength or flight for a few characters who's mutations suit this. Weaknesses are that they are likely to get the same illnesses as the animals they have the traits of. They also may have more anger issues if they're based off of an Ox, be more shy if they are like a rabbit, or have a prey drive if they are a predatorial creature.
-
The minimum word count for this particular rp is 300 with posts preferably 3-4 times a week. I will make exceptions for broken devices or writers block, as well as sending out a couple of warnings before killing off your characters.
-
It's totally alright about the questions! You gave me a bunch of new ideas that I may have not considered beforehand. This was really helpful. Do you mind if I use some of this as answers for a few sections of my signups?
What's up With Roleplays Lately?October 28, 2023 02:59 PM

Crazydayz

Lightbringer

Give Award
What's up With Roleplays Lately?October 28, 2023 10:12 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
@Crazydayz
Of course, you're free to use them! I made them with the intention of building up the RP :)
Also, I won't be able to post 3-4 times a week (just how the clock rolls) but good luck on getting it started!
What's up With Roleplays Lately?June 13, 2024 04:46 PM

Matunda

Darkseeker

Give Award
We gotta bring this thread back to life. It's been 8 months now. Unless RPs are back and I just didn't notice on my incredibly long hiatus?

Edited at June 13, 2024 04:59 PM by Matunda
What's up With Roleplays Lately?June 13, 2024 05:21 PM

Red Moon

Lightbringer

Give Award
I just found this thread and I am interested.
What's up With Roleplays Lately?June 13, 2024 07:12 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

No, I think we're still basically at the same place now.

What's up With Roleplays Lately?June 13, 2024 08:29 PM

Matunda

Darkseeker

Give Award

Freedom said:

No, I think we're still basically at the same place now.

Ah. That stinks. Then we really need this thread back.
What's up With Roleplays Lately?June 14, 2024 10:53 PM

Hells Bells

Lightbringer

Give Award
I honestly agree, I stopped roping on here for a long while, but I can't seem to start again. I don't have long word counts so any rps I find interesting, I can't join. I get distracted so easily and love to write, but can never stay on task, or figure out how to expand my replied since I don't want to steal away from other people's visions or ability to do things. It's hard to explain. I can't ever find any rps anymore that really pique my interest enough to prompt me to write longer replied while still getting back into the swing of things. :'3 I don't know if anyone else has that problem heheh
What's up With Roleplays Lately?June 22, 2024 05:32 PM

Matunda

Darkseeker

Give Award

Hells Bells said:
I honestly agree, I stopped roping on here for a long while, but I can't seem to start again. I don't have long word counts so any rps I find interesting, I can't join. I get distracted so easily and love to write, but can never stay on task, or figure out how to expand my replied since I don't want to steal away from other people's visions or ability to do things. It's hard to explain. I can't ever find any rps anymore that really pique my interest enough to prompt me to write longer replied while still getting back into the swing of things. :'3 I don't know if anyone else has that problem heheh

That's a good point :0

A lot of interesting RPs with lots of people signing up for them have to write a whole bunch of words! Maybe if we made more RPs that didn't require that, more people would feel less intimidated to start RPing, and thus, more new players would join RPs, and progress, and before you know it, there's a whole lot of new RPers because they were given the chance.

I've begun my mission. XD

My mission to create interesting, new RPer friendly RPs so that everyone is given a chance to start.

Edited at June 22, 2024 07:00 PM by Matunda
What's up With Roleplays Lately?June 23, 2024 01:52 PM

queen.

Neutral

Give Award

just also found this thread-

after reading a page or two of some opinions and thoughts, i definitely think wp forums still sit where we were a few years ago. it's no different than the scenes dying out. i've also noticed that even 1x1s are dying. i'm unsure of if it's because so many people don't roleplay on here anymore because things are overdone, can't find people to meet their standards, moved to different sites, etc, but it's kind of interesting to think about. i cant say i remember when forums were super active but during the covid years things moved a lot faster. i think a huge thing is simply timing and well, people growing up. life comes first always.

as for those struggling with literacy standards- i've noticed a lot of rp signups will say "at least x amount of words per post" and everyone ends up typing way less than that anyway. as long as you write a good character sheet i think you'll be fine (but don't go out of your way just because you're desperate lol). i've always asked for at least 300 words as i think that's a reasonable amount, and i understand writers block but again it should be enough to keep things moving.

i also reuse my own rp plots. it's sometimes hard to come up with new stuff but like imperial has stated i try to make things interesting and i do want my ideas to be recognized as a creator of worlds and plot lines. id say do it as long as you're confident + there's nothing else like it currently in the sign ups. i cant say i see copy and paste plots, but like right now there's a trend with supernatural rps so i've been seeing those. personally i try to throw something out there to change things up that's different than what's trending, but i understand following what's popular. some are average and some are good ideas but it's just something that varies from person to person i suppose.

anyways-- petition to bring back doing 1x1s and honestly small group rps with friends because i miss those

Forums > Roleplay
  1 ..  3  4  5  6  7  8

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us