Wolf Play : Whispers Cost | Discussion
Chatbox
 Ámor
09:23:45 On haitus
@Distant
Ive bred, LF, Chimmies (all but 1 variant), 3 vitis (2 of the 4 varaints,) Chimmie+ viti, chimmie+sv, 2 chimmies in one litter, uhh BP, the defects i have yet to breed are chimmie 10, df, amela and thats about it
 Continental Wolves
09:22:14 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Amor :0
 distant-lands
09:22:13 katy | beetle
Amor,
give me your luck :')

i bought probably 20+ butchers brooms throughout my old custom, valkyrie's, life. not one single DF in return xD
 Rykio
09:21:44 An Attic.
Heyo
 Ámor
09:21:03 On haitus
Ive bred around 14 chimeras using, butchers broom, elder berry, dandelions, and fertility figurines
 Moonnightshade
09:20:42 
One of my OG's just passed away
:(
 Ámor
09:20:15 On haitus
@Kaos
my boyfriends phone decided to get stuck on SOS mode for at least 24 hours, spent 4 hours trying to get it off SOS mode </3
 distant-lands
09:20:13 katy | beetle
i like to convince myself they are </3

in reality i should probably only buy green ferns and dandelions.. the other items never seem to have too great of results for me
 Narran Park
09:19:37 Sting
I do wonder if all those items are worth it...

I have found some success with the boost increase..but its not consistent. which is fair i suppose
 Narran Park
09:18:48 Sting
Nice little Abino!
 distant-lands
09:18:43 katy | beetle
eh, decent. i got a 42R AC albino and a 50R AC
 Narran Park
09:18:05 Sting
Goodluck!
 Kháos
09:18:03 Kaos || Khaos
😭 My phone is on my bed, so are the puppies and I'm playing with them, and my phone just went into the Driving Focus mode.
 distant-lands
09:17:03 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
well, time to see if it was worth spending 10 apples on items xD
 Emmet
09:13:20 Emmet (he/him)
The baby 💜
-WP Click-
 Forgotten Realm
09:10:39 Cloudy, Cloud
-WP Click-

please vote
 De Vil
09:10:09 Cruella: Dog thief
-WP Click-
 distant-lands
09:09:03 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
oh wow, arrax gave someone a BP :0
 Serpents
09:08:09 Waterfall,Zane,Pixal
hi
 Destinations End
09:07:06 Toliska, Desti, Coy
Back

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Baboon : -3
Red Fox : -3
Alligator : -1
    Spring   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    489    490    491    492    493   ..   606 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 19, 2024 09:04 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Yesss! I love an amazing single parent, lmao
-
Ooo, fun! I know it'll be amazing!
-
Pfft, I love them!
Here's a few of the options for my characters thus far, lol

Violet- very tired older sister (she/her)

Kage- ball of chaos, best prankster (allegedly) (he/him)

Atlas- very sweet but reserved, Alecia's (younger by a minute) twin (he/him)

Alecia- kinda a bitch, protective of Atlas and done with everyone else (she/her)

Letif- did someone say sarcasmmm? (he/him)

Skylar- anxious baby (he/him)

Karma- self-sabotaging and hostile but really just anxious (they/them)

Kostas- science king (he/him)

-

Honestly, I have so many more too, making choices is so hard, lol

Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 19, 2024 09:12 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Amazing! I'll post the NPC parents soon lol
-
It should be done by tonight. Hopefully.
-
Okay, so- Here are all of my choices. I have more but these are probably the best choices lol

Garvin - the most orphan of orphans (he/him)

Aries - oh, less trauma this time around (he/him)

Vigge - sour child with catholic guilt (he/him)

Keijo - sweetest but incredibly awkward lil thing (he/him)

Lysander - music-inclined dumb child with catholicguilt(he/they)

Bernard - best big brother figure ever (he/him)

Gorōta - anxiety central (he/him)

Amittai - jealous but wholesome fool (he/they)

Helge - best big sister figure ever, also rather sour though with catholic guilt (she/her)

Gen’ya - responsible but oh no body dysphoria and disordered eating (he/they)

Adbrei - depression + bullying + salty dysphoria (he/him)

-

I seriously can't with how I decided to nutshell Garvin- It's accurate but at what cost??

Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 19, 2024 11:45 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Just finished the second scene to Mind Games and wow
1,759 words just for that scene. 813 for the first scene. 281 for the ending. Still have one more scene to do.
Have to say- Uh. If I wasn't sure about Garvin having OSDD before, I am now. Dude definitely has a switch during that second scene. I hadn't even meant for that to happen. I was just writing and bam, it happened. Definitely OSDD-1 instead of DID though. Anyways. Uhm. Yeah. Onto writing the third scene. Hopefully it's done relatively soon... Shouldn't be nearly as long as the second ir first scenes, honestly. Mostly Mind Games is just going over three different tactics that Andi has and then also some aftermath haha...

Edited at March 20, 2024 12:17 AM by Overthink101
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 20, 2024 12:23 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
And the Mind Games prompt is finally done! Wooo!
First scene has 813 words, second scene has 1,759 words, third scene has 426 words, and the ending scene has 281 words. Feeling pretty happy with how it turned out, honestly. Be ready to sob. Enjoy! Well. Enjoy sobbing! Probably. You are definitely going to hate Andi even more after this, haha...
-

Losing Track

Characters; Garvin, Andi, and Rover. Flood, Jinx, Spade, Navis, and Aqua mentioned.

Prompt; Whumpril Day 15 - Mind Games

Word Count; 3,279.

TWs; Ooooh boy, there’s a lot. Swearing, physical abuse, emotional abuse, mental abuse, verbal abuse, abuse in general, implied sexual assault, mild dissociation, not so mild dissociation, suicidal ideation, implied starvation, almost drowning, implied animal abuse, and probably more? Maybe not though. Who knows. Maybe that’s all. Hopefully that’s all.

Notes; Takes place before the main story. Happens over, uh, like, a month or two? Doesn’t go over everything that happened within the month or two, just four different scenes within them.

*~*~*~*

Out of everything that he could’ve expected, waking up in a soft bed was not one of them. Though, truthfully, he wasn’t in the bed for very long, finding himself on the floor next to it fairly quickly in his confusion. Not that it mattered, given how he didn’t really fall to the ground fully. Instead, something pulling at his wrists stopped him from going down all the way.

-

He let out a quiet groan, whether from the general aching feeling that was sort of just normal at this point or from whatever stupid emotion that was deciding to bother him, he didn’t know. He didn’t really care either, it didn’t change much of anything. He was still cuffed to the headboard of a bed. At least he wasn’t in the basement anymore?

-

Which was a dumbass thought. Considering standing, however… He glanced up the length of his arms towards his hands.

-

Twisting his hands so he could hold onto the bar that the cuffs were wrapped around wasn’t all that difficult. It was figuring out how to go about pulling himself up into a stand afterwards that was, especially with the way his legs didn’t seem to want to listen to him. Which he thought was stupid. He’d been through worse. Hadn’t he? He wasn’t actually too sure… But still. He could manage this.

-

He was willing to say that he almost did manage it too. Before he heard the sound of footsteps from outside the room and stopped trying to stand in favor of deciding whether or not it was worth it to stand. He couldn’t really do much other than just, well, stand if he did. He’d wanted to be able to look around the room a little easier, but he wasn’t sure how much that was actually going to help him out all that much in the long run. He wasn’t sure how many chances he’d get for it to really matter.

-

So he stopped what he was doing and let himself find where he’d been on the ground again. At least he had a good view of the door. Which was opening. And, damn it— He should’ve stood up. He’d rather not have to look up. He’d rather not be here at all, actually.

-

Oh, you’re awake. That’s a pleasant surprise. Well, good morning then, Garvin.

-

He was really starting to hate hearing that damn name. Still, the absurdity of the words made it a bit easier to force up a grin and raise an eyebrow. “Oh, yeah? Wakin’ up cuffed to a bed is a good mornin’ fo’ ya?

-

Andi definitely looked a bit more annoyed at that, so that was a win. Or, really, he mostly just looked less smug. Still a win. Andi starting to walk over towards him was less of a win, but well. What could one do? Winning everything was apparently not a thing he could do.

-

Well, I mean, if you prefer the basement then that’s fine. I just thought I’d change it up a bit, Garvin. Seeing as you’ve been here for a year now.

-

And— Wait. He’d been stuck here for a year? A whole damn year? He felt like he’d been here longer. Or maybe not as long. He wasn’t sure. Keeping track of time had never been something he did all too well. Still, a year didn’t seem right. Maybe that was just because he’d been stuck in a basement for, well, all of it… No wonder it had seemed even colder recently.

-

He realized he’d stopped paying attention when Andi crouched down next to him, that smug smile back and already reaching a hand towards him. He leaned back as far as he was able to, trying not to grimace too much when he wasn’t able to get very far. Probably farther than he could’ve in the basement but still nowhere near as far as he wanted to be. The hand still managed to grab a hold of his chin, after all.

-

Good to see you didn’t even know, Garvin. Don’t worry, I obviously won’t be getting rid of you yet. If you’re good for me though, maybe I’ll let you stay up here more often. Shouldn’t be too hard for you, right, Garvin? You already refuse to scream or beg like I want you to. Now you just have to make sure that when you do, you’ll be in the basement instead. Well, that and a few other rules. Those can wait for later though. No need to worry about them just yet, Garvin.

-

He tried to ignore the way he said when instead of if. Tried to ignore Andi getting closer, the hand holding his chin pulling him away from how he’d leaned back and into a kiss he didn’t want. And he tried not to pay attention to anything that happened after that.

---

As much as he hated to admit it, he definitely preferred upstairs to the basement. Too late now, probably. He doubted he’d be going back up there anytime soon. Unless he had the chance to get out soon, since he had managed to grab a few paper clips at least. Though, that was also why he was back down in the basement anyways. So keeping them was more of an issue than he’d like to admit.

-

He hadn’t been questioned about them yet though. Andi hadn’t even been down here since he’d brought him down here either. Honestly, he wasn’t sure what to think about that. Maybe he’d just gotten fed up with him and was going to kill him like this now. Maybe it was just as bad to get caught grabbing paper clips as it were to scream or beg or whatever else made him decide it was time to kill someone. He didn’t know. How would he know?

-

His wrists hurt. A lot more than that hurt, actually, but it was easiest to focus on the pain at his wrists. He was tired. He was so damn tired. And hungry. And cold. He’d rather just be shot or stabbed or something. Not this, not waiting for death to come and get him slowly. He almost wanted the door to open. He didn’t care. He was over this, all of this. He’d prefer anything to the slow death that seemed more and more likely by the second, or however time worked here, to be what was happening. He didn’t want to die like this. Trapped in some guy’s basement after a whole year spent surviving that same damn guy. By starving. As if it didn’t matter where he was, that fate was just what was going to happen. He didn’t want that. He’d be fine with any other way to go but that.

-

The door opened soon after, or maybe not soon after, he didn’t know, time didn’t really seem to matter much at this point here. But regardless, the door opening at some point after that didn’t really make him rethink any of it. If anything, the only idea he reconsidered was that maybe, just maybe, Andi had been waiting to do… Whatever it was he was going to do. As if he knew what that was. He was tired, he was hungry, he was cold, he was sore and— Damn it, he had a headache. Which, okay, maybe that one didn’t seem like much. But it was annoying and just made everything else more difficult to deal with and, shit, he should probably be focusing on what Andi was doing. Right? That would probably make sense. Except his eyes wouldn’t focus and everything felt foggy and he’d honestly rather just go to sleep and—

-

Oh, wait, Andi’s mouth was moving. More than that, when had he even gotten down all the stairs? Wasn’t there usually more time than that? Or… How long had it even been?

-

Being forced to look up by his hair wasn’t pleasant (when had he looked down?) but he was almost used to it. Maybe. Still, he blinked his eyes and tried to figure out just what was happening and— Oh, well, Andi definitely didn’t look happy.

-

It took him a few seconds, or he at least thought it was seconds, to realize he’d laughed at that. Which explained why Andi looked even less happy. Still, it was probably worth it. Maybe it’d make him kill him quicker. Who knew… Not him. Definitely not him.

-

His hair was pulled on again, and he realized he’d started looking down again. Andi was saying something. Did it matter what? The prick only ever did the same things anyways. He didn’t really want to hear it right now. He’d rather him just get on with whatever it was he was going to do this time. Apparently he didn’t get to not hear everything though, since the next time his hair was yanked, he ended up hearing what was being said to him.

-

I know you have more of them! Where the fuck are they, Garvin?!

-

And— Okay. What was he even talking about? Was it… Oh. Wait. Was it the paper clips? Was that what he was talking about? No way was he telling Andi about those. Nope. He forced a grin instead and lied through his teeth, as best as he could. “No clue wha’ ya talkin’ ‘bout.

-

He felt the punch a few seconds after it had happened and tried not to cough at the way it seemed to tickle his lungs. Or maybe that was something else. He wasn’t sure.

-

Don’t fucking lie to me, Garvin! I know you have them! Where the fuck did you put them?!

-

And, yeah, Andi was definitely pissed. Which would’ve been funny, if he were anywhere else but here. Really sucked that he was here. Damn it, he really hated hearing that name. Thanks a lot. Sarcasm. Definitely sarcasm. He didn’t bother saying anything this time, it took way too much effort for something he was just going to lie about anyways.

-

At least he wasn’t too surprised when one cuff was undone so he could be dragged. He wasn’t that surprised at all, the guy had always been quick to throw a fit. Wished he wasn’t who had to deal with it though. He didn’t know who he’d rather have in his place. No one, probably. Better that it was him, even if he wished it wasn’t. Which he definitely wished it wasn’t. Even more when the sound of running water reached his ears. He was so, so going to avoid water for a good while if he ever got out of here. He hated that it was an if. Hated that he couldn’t keep up with lying to himself that it was a when as much anymore.

-

He tried not to panic when he found his head in the water, tried to be smart and hold his breath and not do anything that would mean breathing in the water sooner rather than later. He’d always been bad at it though, always been quick to try and breathe in when he couldn’t. And he’d really, really rather not drown to death. It was painful, it was always painful. He didn’t want to drown. Not again.

-

He’d ended up fighting against the hand holding his head under the water again. It wasn’t a good idea, he knew that, but he— He didn’t want to drown. He didn’t. He’d drowned a lot of times in his life and it was always terrible. He hated it. Hated the way the water burned his insides when he breathed it in. He wished he was like Aqua, able to breathe underwater and not have to worry about drowning in the first place. He missed Aqua. Missed Flood and Jinx and Spade and Navis— And he just missed all of them.

-

He breathed in the water just as accidentally as he always did, still wishing he was back on Flood’s ship instead of locked down in some old guy’s basement. He didn’t want to die, not down here, not to whoever this guy was. He wanted out, wanted to learn to read someone’s face with Spade, to play the banjo with Nav, to listen to Jinx’s stories— He didn’t want to drown. He didn’t. He really, really didn’t.

-

He was pulled out from under the water just as his vision started to get darker, spottier. He stayed where he’d been thrown onto the ground, coughing and trying to get the water out of his lungs, still not fully believing he’d actually been pulled out. With his mind still reeling though, he almost expected Flood or Navy or even Aqua to help him. Haul him up or pat his back or- Or something. It took him a second to remember that he missed them because they weren’t there. Took him even longer to remember that they hadn’t been there, or really that he hadn’t been there with them, for… A long time. He missed them. Missed all of them. Missed traveling with them, talking to them, learning from them or about them— He missed being with them, being part of their family. He missed having anyone he could call family. It wasn’t fair. It wasn’t. Flood had told him that before too. That it wasn’t fair.

-

Something connected with his stomach, and then his back connected with something metal. It took him a moment to realize he’d been kicked. He was still coughing, the kick probably hadn’t helped. He didn’t know. He felt like he should be crying, he wasn’t sure if he was though. Trying to push himself, a voice finally managed to reach him.

-

Where the fuck are the clips, Garvin!? You fucking piece of trash! Stop fucking ignoring me!

-

He coughed, and tried not to whine, even before he was kicked again. Flood had never called him Garvin. Navis, Spade, and Jinx had never called him Garvin. Phlox had never called him Garvin. They’d always called him Chips. He missed being called Chips. He was kicked again though, and coughed some more, wishing that whoever was yelling at him would at least give him some time to get the water out of his lungs.

-

He ended up on his back, still coughing and staring up at the ceiling of this old guy’s basement. He felt a pressure on his chest, and tried to clear his eyes enough to figure out what was going on. It was hard. Everything was foggy, everything was dark and cold and painful and he just wanted to be back on the ship again. He didn’t care, at least when he’d almost drowned to death there people cared.

-

The pressure at his chest grew, and kept growing. It was hard to breathe and he couldn’t even cough with the pressure on him and he could hear someone’s voice but he didn’t know whose it was and he wasn’t sure if he was trying to fight or not and— The next sound he truly, fully heard was a loud cracking noise from the same place that the pressure was coming from. And maybe it was a good thing he couldn’t quite breathe because he probably would’ve screamed if he had been able to. Still, the pressure left then and he tried- He tried to keep up with what was happening after that, but everything was cold and tired and pained and he really just couldn’t.

---

He’d woken up in the basement again, and really- He was almost surprised with how often he was moving back and forth between upstairs and the basement. Almost. But he also felt like he kind of knew a bit about how Andi was at this point. The asshat flipped on a dime, really. It was no surprise he’d been able to keep the paper clips hidden.

-

What was nice about waking up in the basement this time was that one of his hands wasn't cuffed to the pipe his other one was. Which, while it did mean that he hadn’t fought back or struggled or annoyed Andi as much as he wished he would’ve, it did mean that there was probably food for him. And that Rove was down here too. Which was honestly always nice. That always meant the day was a better one. Always meant he wouldn’t have to worry about seeing Andi for a little while. Always meant that when he did, he’d probably be out of it enough that he wouldn’t have to remember any of it. That’d be a nice change of pace.

-

He rolled his eyes around the area, looking for either food or Rove. And, ding ding, sound the dumb winner bell or whatever sound it was those stupid ass shows had in them— Because there was food and Rove curled up right next to him. He wasn’t too sure how he hadn’t noticed the fluffball sooner, but maybe it was the same way he was able to ignore the pain he was in. Still, it was nice to see the sheepdog, especially given how upset Andi had seemed towards him last.

-

So, using his hand that wasn’t cuffed to a pipe behind him, he reached over and pet the poor thing. Rove’s head shot up quickly, looking a lot more alert than he himself felt. The dog relaxed fairly quickly after seeming to realize it was just him and he was able to keep petting him though, so he counted it as a win… He’d eat the food down here later. He had time. He probably had a lot of time, luckily. He’d rather not eat it too soon anyways. Right now, he was busy giving a dog some much needed love and attention. If there was anything he hated about Andi, it was definitely how he treated Rove. He could ignore everything else, but damn it, he’d had a dog follow him around before and he couldn’t imagine how anyone managed to treat them like Andi did.

---

He was tired. He wasn’t too sure when the last time the door had opened. He almost wished that the door would just open again, that whatever was going to happen would just happen already. He almost felt like he was getting used to it. He almost wished that he wasn’t.

-

Apparently, if there was something out there, it had heard his half wishing because he heard the door opening not much long after. He almost felt like laughing at what they chose to hear, but it got caught in his throat instead. Which was probably for the best, if he were being honest. The sound of Andi’s footsteps going down the stairs was just the same as they always were when it was bound to be a worse day. Or night. Or whatever time it was whenever this shit was happening to him.

-

He shifted, trying to ignore how sore he was, trying to ignore how cold it was down here. He tried to grin when Andi’s feet came into view. Tried to, but for once, he doubted he’d managed one at all. He was tired. So damn tired. Of all of it. He closed his eyes, just for a moment. Just to try and get rid of the pressure behind them.

-

Was it even worth fighting? It didn’t do anything. Didn’t change anything. He was still stuck down here. And he was tired. Tired of being here, tired of trying, tired of everything. He’d try again next time. Start fighting again next time. But he was tired and giving in to him just this once wasn’t going to matter.

-

…The days started to blend together even more after that.

Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 20, 2024 05:22 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
I absolutely loved the story! It was amazing!
For the thousandth time though, poor Garvin :'((
-
Also, I love all the characters, and Garvin's description is great XD
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 20, 2024 05:39 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Yeahhhh, dude was not having a fun time at all.
-
All the characters are great, yes.
Garvin's description is hilarious.
-
Also, realized I hadn't actually ever spoke on how absolutely terrible the July Arc is going to be for Mergen.
Lysander, Vigge, Helge, and Kalei are all old friends of Mergen's. You may remember those names having been options for songs at one point haha-
Vigge and Helge are both dead in the AFCS timeline actually. Both from suicide. Lysander and Kalei have also both almost died from suicide before. Mergen themself has almost died because of a suicide attempt before.
For as much as I don't talk about Mergen and how much shit I give them because they're eventually going to betray the group and all- Dude has been through a lot. And the July Arc is definitely going to suck for them.
-
Also! A fun little note on why Revan isn't part of the group that could potentially work for the foster group despite how terrible his mom is, is that in all honesty?
Their relationship is actually fixable. It'd need a lot of family therapy and grief counseling for sure probably but uh. It isn't broken beyond repair. Despite how terrible I make Graci out to be, the two are capable of healing. They just haven't. At all.
-
Also!
Guess what I realized?
Revan is totally autistic. I don't know how I didn't realize it sooner. But yeah. He's definitely autistic. I probably only just figured it out because I was writing the Limp prompt for him and it was one of the first times we really get to see him before he's overloaded by work constantly.
The Limp prompt is done, by the way. So I'll post that soon lol
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 20, 2024 06:03 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Ah, yep, that'll definitely not be fun for them then, haha-
-
That makes sense, actually. Well then, best of luck to them with that, lmao
Maybe Akira, Garvin, and Nico casually calling Graci out will help a bit... though that'll probably just make it worse, honestly XD
-
Yoooo
Ingall and Revan being in solidarity as autistic boyfriends! I love it, and, honestly, that makes a ton of sense as well
And it also makes even more sense now why Revan would be the one that Ingall goes to when he's too overstimulated to deal with anything anymore, lol
And I'm looking forward to the story! :D

Edited at March 20, 2024 06:04 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 20, 2024 06:08 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Haha, yeah, definitely not fun for Mergen
-
Best of luck to them indeed...
And who knows! I don't.
-
Yesss
The more I write my characters and look through them and their lore, the more I start thinking I should do the RAADS-R test for all of them XD
-
Anyways! Enjoy the Limp prompt lol
I'll get the current NPCs up for the foster RP idea soon too, feel free to look at them and tell me if you think anything should be changed once they're up haha
-

Broken Homes

Characters; Revan, Trisha, and Monta. Graci mentioned.

Prompt; Whumpril Day 1 - Limp

Word Count; 1,161.

TWs; Implied child abuse, verbal abuse, emotional abuse, impled physical abuse, and quite possibly more.

Notes; Takes place quite some time before the main story, when Revan was still dating Monta. AFCS timeline.

*~*~*~*

Revan walked through his mother’s house quietly, it was early morning and he’d rather not wake anyone up if he could avoid it. He just needed to grab his mom’s credit card and leave to meet Monta. That was all. Easy enough, right? He’d done it before without getting caught. His nerves were probably getting to him. He wasn’t used to Tris’ new sleep schedule yet, it’d seemed to change too much recently.

-

That was probably the only reason he ended up getting caught this time around. Or, at the very least, it was the only reason he was willing to blame. Especially because it’d been Trisha who had caught him with his mother’s credit card in his hand. He tried to read her face, tried to get an understanding of how far he could push his luck, if he could salvage this or if he should just give up. Sometimes she’d let him… Mostly when things weren’t so tense here. Not like he could blame her for that though. It was his own fault, probably. Regardless, he couldn’t tell. He’d never been very good at it.

-

What are you doing with Graci’s credit card, Revan?

-

Well, she didn’t sound very happy… He thought so, at least. He still wasn’t sure. He shifted though, moving his hands to his sides with the card still in one of them and tried to stay still. Should he be lying? Would being honest be the wrong move? He forced himself to speak without any of the nervous tics he knew would tell Tris if he were lying or not. “I was just going to grab something.

-

Her eyes narrowed and he tried not to look away, to keep up with the eye contact that made him want to squirm. But that would tell her that he was lying. So he didn’t. “What do you need to grab at this hour? And were you really going to walk there or did you plan on stealing her car too?

-

Revan tried not to panic at how little he’d thought out this lie. What was he supposed to say? What could he say that wouldn’t make her upset? Every option was terrible. If he said he’d been planning to walk then he’d be irresponsible, if he said he’d been planning to steal his mom’s car then he was stupid. Which, yeah, fair. He hadn’t been planning to steal her car though. What could he even say to her first question though? It was five in the morning. There wasn’t anything he needed to get at five in the morning. He just wanted out of the house, and Monty had already agreed. So now he had to go, there wasn’t any canceling option.

-

Apparently he’d been quiet for too long because Trisha sighed, looking away from him for a moment. He almost followed her gaze to figure out what she was looking at, but she only shook her head before looking back at him. “I really can’t believe you sometimes. You know that?

-

He did. Or maybe he didn’t. He wasn’t sure at this point. She had every reason to feel like that though. He stayed quiet, figuring that was probably his best course of action. He didn’t think she actually wanted an answer. The air was way too tense for her to want an answer, in his opinion.

-

Nothing to say for yourself? Well, that’s a first.

-

Was it? Revan didn’t think it was. Especially recently. He didn’t want to be here. He didn’t want to be listening to this. So he huffed, and forced himself to speak. “Don’t you have anything else to do, Tris?–

-

Don’t call me that.” The interruption shouldn’t have been surprising, he really should’ve seen it coming. Somehow, he hadn’t. He shifted where he was, and Trisha continued. “You don’t get to call me that. Not after everything you’ve done.

-

As much as he wanted to argue that, she was probably right. It seemed fair enough to him, as little as he wanted to admit that. So he huffed, and stepped back, closer in the direction of the front door. He probably should’ve just left already. It would’ve been a better idea. “Whatever, fine, just leave me alone then.

-

Revan–

-

I’ll be back later, Trisha.” He didn’t like interrupting people. But he didn’t want to hear whatever she had to say. He really didn’t want to hear whatever she had to say. So he turned and started walking to the front door, trying to ignore the tightness in his chest and tension in the air. In the whole house. When she started to call his name after him again, he raised his hand above his shoulder and stuck up his middle finger. He’d deal with the consequences when he got back. He didn’t care. He didn’t.

-

He left the house with the credit card still in his hand. He tried to take it as a win. It was harder than he’d like to admit. So he ignored it entirely instead, it didn’t matter anyways, he just needed to meet up with Monta now. The walk wouldn’t be long, it never was. And if he were lucky, then Monty would be on his way to meet him too and there’d be no need to wait outside their house. Before he knew it, he was there and watching as Monty climbed out of his bedroom window. Which made sense, given the time and what little Revan knew about his home.

-

As Monta started walking over to him, he tried to ignore the limp they were so obviously trying to hide. He shouldn’t mention it. Monty didn’t want him to mention it. Probably. So he shouldn’t. That made the most sense, right? He wouldn’t want him to mention it if it were him, so it was probably best not to mention it. He walked over to them just the same as he would’ve any other day and tried to offer a smile to match the one Monty offered him.

-

Hey Rev. What’s the occasion this time around? What’re we doing?

-

Revan shrugged, “Figured we both could use some time away from home. How do you feel about going to the usual hotel?

-

The grin he got in response was almost enough to keep him from worrying. “I feel like that’s a great idea.

-

So they walked to the hotel, and he tried not to acknowledge the slight limp the way there. Tried to remind himself that Monty wouldn’t want him bringing it up at all. He felt like he should, felt like it was wrong not to bring it up or mention it or acknowledge or– Or something. He didn’t. It felt just as wrong to bring it up as it did not to. And he’d known Monta long enough to know to just not bring it up. If it needed to be talked about, he could hope that Monty would bring it up himself.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 20, 2024 06:18 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Fair, lmao
-
Sameee, maybe they're all autistic, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised at this point XD
-
The story was amazing and I absolutely loved it!
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 20, 2024 06:31 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Just finished doing the RAADS-R test for Garvin and uh-
So Revan got a 151 on it.
Garvin just got a 134 on it.
Uhm.
Oops.
You can probably thank Spade for it not being higher, if I'm being honest?? Looking back, Spade was a huge help in teaching Garvin how to read people and respond to people and just, people stuff in general.
I swear, if all of them end up autistic I won't even be surprised at this point. I'd just accept it as my own 196 RAADS-R score coming in clutch and telling me I can't do neurotypical characters lmao
-
Glad you liked the story!
Here are the NPCs now haha-
--

Name: Richard Johnson

Description: Richard Johnson is a middle-aged man who presents himself as a pillar of the community. However, behind closed doors, he is a sadistic and manipulative abuser. Richard is cunning and knows how to manipulate situations to make his abuse seem justified or unnoticed by others.

Name: Susan Johnson

Description: Susan Johnson has sadistic tendencies and a manipulative nature. She presents a façade of kindness and warmth to the outside world but is just as cruel and calculating as Richard behind closed doors. She is adept at gaslighting and manipulating situations to make her abuse seem justified or unnoticed by others.

-

Name: Mark Thompson

Description: Mark is a dedicated professional who values stability and financial security. He believes in providing for his family and sees fostering as a way to give back to the community. However, his demanding job often keeps him away from home for long hours, limiting his involvement in the day-to-day care of the foster children.

Name: Sarah Thompson

Description: Sarah is a caring individual who chose nursing as a profession to help others. She is supportive of Mark’s decision to foster children and tries to balance her work with her responsibilities at home. However, her demanding job also keeps her busy, making it challenging for her to be fully present for the foster children emotionally.

The Thompsons decided to become foster parents as a way to give back to the community. They are well-intentioned but often busy with their careers, resulting in a more hands-off approach to parenting. The Thompsons provide a stable and comfortable home for their foster children but may not always be emotionally available due to their work commitments. They ensure the children’s basic needs are met but may lack the emotional depth of more involved parents.

-

Name: Dr. Linda Harper

Description: Dr. Harper is a child psychologist who became a foster parent to provide a loving and stable home for children in need. She is patient, kind, and understanding, with a deep understanding of childhood trauma. Dr. Harper is highly supportive of her foster children, always willing to listen and help them work through their problems. She provides a safe and nurturing environment, encouraging their personal growth and development.

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    489    490    491    492    493   ..   606 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us