Wolf Play : Whispers Cost | Discussion
Chatbox
 distant-screams
04:38:05 katy | beetle
-Click-
welp, i love this guy now that i drew him a plant cat design *^*
 Kháos
04:36:54 Kaos || Khaos
😭 I love how out of nowhere I just randomly hear my dad say "wait, today's the last day of September? I thought there were 30 days." and the guest replied "There are. But let me check. I might be wrong." and then they agreed that there were 30 days. XD
 Mittins
04:36:37 
@BuggyO
Wich one?
 kycantina
04:34:49 ky but it's spooky
Mittens, negative vitals, insta-retire
 BuggyOs
04:34:08 Bug-a-boo
Mittins
I would retire
 Mittins
04:33:51 
or should I retire his mom?
 Dawnforest
04:33:33 Dawn
Support? -WP Click-
 Mittins
04:32:50 
Retire,Keep,or Sell?

-WP Click-
 Luna🌕
04:26:48 Silver (She/her)
Sunshine not “subsume” which is apparently a word
 Luna🌕
04:25:58 Silver (She/her)
IÂ’m in subsume and a light breeze XD
 kycantina
04:24:56 ky but it's spooky
Bau, oof, it seems like everyone's got awful weather right now
 Luna🌕
04:24:32 Silver (She/her)
Kaos
Anytime!
 -Sweet-Poison-
04:24:03 Bau
We are getting a pretty big dust storm here, they set off the emergency alert for it lmao, I'm loving the wind sounds
 Buddha
04:23:01 
When will it be time for 🎃
 Amygdala
04:21:47 Amy/Anpmygdala
Khaos
I am here too
 kycantina
04:21:27 ky but it's spooky
Khaos, sure, DM me :)
 -Sweet-Poison-
04:21:22 Bau
Kaos

PMS open<3
 BuggyOs
04:21:16 Bug-a-boo
Khaos
always!
 Kháos
04:20:43 Kaos || Khaos
Is anyone available to talk for a bit please? ^^
 Luna🌕
04:17:46 Silver (She/her)
But congrats whoever got it

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bobcat : -5
Margay : -5
Coyote : +5
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Heavy Rain

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    216    217    218    219    220   ..   609 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionApril 1, 2023 11:02 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Ohhh, that makes a lot of sense actually!
Very interesting!
-
Okayyy, so, I came up with a very, very rough overarching plot idea for the parentless kid's idea. Might be a total throwaway, just brainstorming here, lol
-
So, basically, in this world, you get your "worth" based on your family name.
Some names are of higher status than others, it's a kind of caste system.
Everyone has powers, and the powers (or variations of power) are passed down from family member to family member (when someone marries into a family, then the parent's children may have a combination of both parent's power or two or more separate powers based off of both the parent's powers, making each generation increasingly stronger). There's a catch, though.
When you are born you inherit a power (or powers) and a family name. Supposedly, you can't have one without the other. When you inherit the family name, you are given a social status and a card (basically like a birth certificate) that allow you access to schooling, training for your power(s), and other basic things like public transportation. Without a family (or, at least, without a head family member to carry the family name), whether that's due to death or being disowned, you are nothing.
You lose your ability to buy anything legally, attend school, ride public transport, and, most importantly, attend training. Without proper training, powers can become overwhelming and dangerous, especially over a long period of time.
The only way to earn a social status and access to all these things is either to turn 26 and create a "family name" for yourself and any predecessors you may have or marry into a family. Until then, you're on your own.
-
As you can see, very rough, but it's something XD

Edited at April 1, 2023 11:03 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionApril 1, 2023 11:06 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Oooh, that idea is good. I like that idea. I will probably edit it and come up with plenty of stuff too- I will share the finished product once I have it haha
Whispers Cost | DiscussionApril 1, 2023 11:20 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Perfect, I'm glad you like it! I just threw it together in the shower, like "Hmmm, what plot would suit a bunch of kids without families...?" Lmao
Whispers Cost | DiscussionApril 2, 2023 12:00 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
I mean- That's fair lmao
What time period do you think it should be? Modern, victorian, steampunk, medieval, futuristic? Some weird mix?
Whispers Cost | DiscussionApril 2, 2023 11:55 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Hmm, it could be a weird mix of like, modern and medieval? With more the more advanced technology and stuff but more old-timey fashion and ideals/culture stuff?
(This is totally not just because I love medieval outfits XD)

Edited at April 2, 2023 11:57 AM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionApril 2, 2023 12:07 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
That's what I was thinking-
Like, technology is modern
But architecture and fashion is medieval
And then views and culture is an odd mix of both
And there's mostly kingdoms instead of countries/nations, and social classes/titles exist too.
And the way hospitals keep up with newborn children is a bit less widespread- Some places use less technology than others.
Honestly- Medieval fashion is great XD
Whispers Cost | DiscussionApril 2, 2023 12:10 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Also, should we both have five or six characters?
Whispers Cost | DiscussionApril 2, 2023 12:38 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Yeah, that sounds great!
Hmmm, maybe six? More characters equals more angst and chaos XD
Whispers Cost | DiscussionApril 2, 2023 02:10 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Okay, what do you think of this plot?
-

Not everyone is lucky enough to have a family, and not everyone that does have one is lucky enough to have a good one. Or even to keep them. This story follows twelve (12) people that are part of the unlucky few to not have family. In the Kingdom of Sevede, these twelve (12) had met, and through some twist of fate, had made a found family.

--

Things are not easy, not at all. After all, for whatever separate reasons, only a few of them actually have a koda. What’s a koda? A koda is a card that one is given to basically act as permission to life. Buying food, going to school, getting medical attention, attending training for one’s powers, getting married, and even riding public transportation.

--

Of course, there are ways around it. Well, two (2) ways. The first (1st) being to reach the age of 30 and then go to your local courthouse with your birth certificate, or some verification of your birth, and apply for a koda. Which you will then have to pay a sum of money for as well.

--

The second (2nd)? Money. People without a koda can do some of the things that others can, but with extra taxes and fees added onto it. Like buying food or getting medical attention. Some things though, money cannot legally solve. Such as training or going to school. There are other ways to get training, or to dampen one’s abilities, but without training… And without proper training, the abilities can become overwhelming and dangerous. And getting a job without a koda is also near impossible, so many without them end up never being able to gain one.

--

Why are kodas connected to family? People’s abilities tend to be variations of at least one (1) of their parents, and a head family member is the only one able to request a koda for a new member of the family. They must be able to name the new family member’s ability as well, and oftentimes one’s ability doesn’t form until they are about five (5) years old. Even then, kostas can be difficult to get a hold of. The head of the family must be able to pay for it, have verification of the child, and know the ability, after all.

--

Without family, it’s very unlikely for one to have a koda. Or to ever have a koda. And many turn to less than legal means to survive. And those that do have a koda without a family, have one with many fees added onto it, with many stipulations that cause strife and hardship.

--

So follow these twelve (12) as they create a found family and navigate through surviving their lives together. And let’s hope things don’t get even more complicated.

Whispers Cost | DiscussionApril 2, 2023 02:30 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
The plot looks grdrink! Lmao
This shall be fun and chaotically angsty :)

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    216    217    218    219    220   ..   609 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us