Wolf Play : Whispers Cost | Discussion
Chatbox
 Ecifircas
04:25:23 
Urux, lol? Eternity's art I completely get because he actually avidly posts but I never draw. Nothing to stalk, I'm sorry. But oh! If you mean page aesthetics, yeah. It's a bit of an obsession / guilty pleasure for me. Eternity has watched my straight up spend 3 hours just centering and uncentering texts, changing colors, resizing images, etc. I love preening my bio. It's blank right now purely because I have too many ideas for it.

Also whattt? I thought Macca's was just the slang - I had no idea it was like . . . a *real* change. That is wild. The more you know.
 Clear Sky
04:23:07 Sky / Blue - she,her
and oh i have to win 14 more :')
 Clear Sky
04:22:37 Sky / Blue - she,her
good game
 Clear Sky
04:22:16 Sky / Blue - she,her
ecifircas its your turn :3
 Urux
04:20:12 Urox
Ecirfircas
xD I just have good memory lol. That and I stalk ET and your art a lot, profile pictures and whatnot.
What are you on about is a UK phrase? I thought everyone said it :')
Yep, something to do with licencing, they had to change the name. It's pretty much identical though. And yes, the full name is still what it's called by we just say Want to get some Maccas? lol
 Ecifircas
04:18:37 
Clear Sky, Rougarou is the mythical creature for the Swamp. Defeat them and you'll get a Jasmine and 50 mushrooms! :-) Good luck.
 Clear Sky
04:18:05 Sky / Blue - she,her
what exactly is that lol Rougarou 1
 Ecifircas
04:17:39 
Urux, you remember I'm dating Eternity, I should remember bare minimum facts about your pilgrimage to Australia. <|3 But yes, thank God for that. I'm just happy that even if I pick up dumb phrases like, "What are you on about?" that I'm too old to pick up a British accent and my Americaness is locked in. 🦅

Hungry Jacks? What a name, lol. And it's true you guys call McDonald's Maccas?
 Urux
04:15:00 Urox
Ecifircas
Hahah, no stress. Obscure fact to remember, so don't worry. I moved when I was 12, I had a Brumie accent. Thank god, I don't anymore lol

Oh..I see. Fair enough. I never really had BK in the UK. In Australia it's called Hungry Jacks lol
 Ecifircas
04:14:37 
I'd PvP more often but the 10 mush to heal your wolf's health every time, even if they only got 25 HP taken off is a bit hard on the bank after a while.

Even if you win, that's 50 mush for 5 matches. x')
 Clear Sky
04:14:15 Sky / Blue - she,her
sure ecifircas
 Ecifircas
04:13:40 
Clear Sky, all factions but your own count as enemy factions for that quest, I believe. We can try it?

I understood it as any faction that's not your own.
 Ecifircas
04:13:05 
Urux, oh gosh. Have you told me this before and I just forgot? I feel awful. <|3
But yeah, haha. I have an Australian friend, Franky, and they always complain about the cold. I google the temperature and just scoff, lol.

And yes, it does. And maybe I'm just a diva but you guys don't have Buffalo sauce and when you do it tastes sweet. I want American BK. :(
 Clear Sky
04:12:45 Sky / Blue - she,her
ecificas i know but would that complete my quest if i defeat you?

Defeat an enemy faction pack in Pack Versus Pack.
 Ecifircas
04:12:00 
Clear Sky, neutrals can PvP you too. Would you mind if I battled you?
 Clear Sky
04:11:27 Sky / Blue - she,her
any lightbringers up for pvp? i have that quest lol
 Urux
04:10:35 Urox
Ecifircas
Haha, sort of right. I'm from the UK, I moved to Aus lol.
Eek okay then you know cold haha. I'm not really used to it anymore. If it gets below 10 degrees celsius I'm shivering lol

The UK has Burger King, no?
 Crooked Magic
04:08:20 Crook, She/her
Amy
I dont feel bad for her, she had all day to play with me but she slept instead so now she wants to play at 1 am.

They're good! I tried the blanket trick and it seems to have worked! They've gotten used to each other and even play fight! It's really cute.
 Ecifircas
04:07:17 
Urux, yes. It was. And is it safe to assume you're still and Australian living in Australia? lol

Right? So am I. I plan on going home soon but it's mostly about getting some loose ends tied up here first. *Then*, I can go home and get the Burger King I so desperately crave. <|3

But mm, I doubt it. I'm from Colorado. UK weather is nothing compared to Colorado. Last year it was -37 degrees Celsius. lol
 Amygdala
04:06:00 Amy/Anpmygdala
Crook
How are the cats?
Are they getting along better now

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Black Bear : +4
Western Rattlesnake : -4
Vicuna Wolf : +2
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Heavy Rain

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    203    204    205    206    207   ..   609 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 22, 2023 08:50 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Yeahhhh, fun times, lol
-
It didn't suck, shush, it was good! I shall reply once I get home and get my hands on my computer again, lmao.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 22, 2023 09:27 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Mhmmm-
I kind of want to go over the different types of arguments for our good old Nico, Revan, and Horatio lol
-
Well, glad you liked it at least lmao
Sounds good to me!
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 22, 2023 10:02 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Ooo, yes, their arguments will be interesting for sure-
Very angsty for literally all of them, haha
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 22, 2023 10:22 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Mhmmm
I can totally see them arguing over Revan's mother, or how Revan doesn't take care of himself. And eventually even over Revan's guilt, you know- Once Revan let's it slip that he blames himself for literally every death in his family(and others).
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 22, 2023 11:11 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Definitely. I can also see them arguing over Nico's clinginess and I don't doubt they'll all end up accusing each other of not trusting each other at one point or another, seeing as they're all pretty stoic and reclusive when it comes to their trauma. That said, triggers might be a problem in the first stages of their relationship, especially for Nico who's got a shit ton of relationship trauma with a bunch of different things-

Edited at March 22, 2023 11:11 AM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 22, 2023 11:22 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Oh yeah- Revan and Nico are actually pretty opposite in that.
Revan in the first stages will actually be pretty much immune to triggers... More or less. No worse than he already is and all, at least. As the relationship progresses though, Revan will actually get much easier to trigger (The longer a relationship lasts, the more likely someone is to get hurt or to expect more of him or whatever else)
-
Man, Revan probably wouldn't accuse them of not trusting him though. He doesn't even trust himself half the time, he doesn't expect them to trust him. If anything, he'd accuse of them of having too much blind faith in him (which is any at all).
-
I will say, Revan either lashes out or withdraws in relationship conflict. He'll tear people apart verbally or he'll withdraw and hide and overwork and push them away. He has no skills in emotional communication other than surface level business kind of talk.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 22, 2023 11:51 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Great, great, Rev's going hurt Nico a lot then, which was kinda expected, honestly. They really are almost complete opposites. Nico will cling to any slight connection at all, even if it's completely hopeless, and they break pretty quickly when faced with any sort of anger regarding his partners. If Rev snaps at her for basically any reason it'll trigger a pretty immediate reaction. They'll basically just become a lot quieter and do whatever he has to to avoid further conflict.
-
If Rev withdrawals, that'll trigger a panicked reaction as Nico just assumes that Revan's leaving them for good and it's obviously her fault that he's leaving, because who else is to blame???
-
Tio's more complicated. He'll likely end up being the middle ground a lot of the time. He understands Revan's need to withdraw sometimes and, growing up in a similar household as him, he understands why Rev lashes out at times too. At the same time, he's willing to provide the more physical aspect that Nico needs to feel secure and is willing to redirect their attention for a bit after Revan withdrawals to help with grounding. However, he'll probably get a little defensive of Nico during Rev's outbursts, so that could cause some tension too.
-
I'd say that, after an outburst, after Tio makes sure to get Nico to a safe state, he'd probably go after Revan and make sure he didn't do something stupid and try to calm him down again.
-
And then there's Horatio's own problem-
He also tends to withdraw. A lot.
He struggles with his own emotions and, though he doesn't really ever snap at those he cares about, the only exception being Mira occasionally because of how long they've known and been close to each other, he can become very distant for longer periods of times. So, say Revan snapped and put Tio into a stressful situation that he couldn't figure out a proper reaction for, he'd probably just leave it and completely close himself off from everyone for a few days until he felt he was able to properly address the situation and help Rev and Nico.
That means though, the support system that Nico had for grounding after an argument? Gone, and the situation is even worse for Nico because two people are leaving now.
The presence that, even if not always totally effective, kept Rev from completely destroying himself after something like that? Gone.
Full angst and blame on all three accounts. :)
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 22, 2023 12:17 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Oh boy, yeah. All of that is going to be really bad. Revan hates lashing out. Especially because for him, it's never a subconscious reaction. It's never a reflex. When he lashes out, he does it on purpose 8/10 times. And hates himself the entire time. The more he lashes out, the more likely they are to leave and not die because of him. That's always the goal when he lashes out. That they leave. So Nico going quiet would be enough to convince Revan that he's right in his thinking, which means lashing out works, which means he has to keep it up.
-
To be fair, when Revan withdraws- That's what he's trying to do. Leave. For good. Forget days, he's going for forever. To remove himself from their lives because he's a danger to their safety. And he cares too much to let them be in danger or for them to be unhappy because of him. He either lashes out to remove them from his life or he withdraws to remove himself from their lives. Either way, they're removed and safe.
-
The more he lashes out, the more he withdraws. And the more he withdraws, the more he lashes out. Revan doesn't want them to get killed or hurt, so he has to remove them from his life somehow. Because everyone close to him ends up dead or injured, usually dead, and he doesn't want that to happen again. So if he doesn't let anyone get close to him, then it can't.
-
Honestly- I find it very likely for Revan to at some point lash out and call them all nothing more than acquaintances, barely more than strangers. Again, his lashing out and withdrawing is completely on purpose. It's not subconscious or a reflex, it's just how he's learnt to push people away. He was taught through life that people die or get hurt because of him. And he was taught that the only ways to deal with issues in close relationships is to either lash out or withdraw.
-
And then there's also the fact that Revan is likely to seek out toxicity after lashing out, even to the point of calling his mother and lashing out at her so that she'll lash out at him, and that he is extremely vulnerable to any sort of guilt and shame... Yeah, he's sucked into a total cycle of angst.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 22, 2023 12:33 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Oof, yeahhhh. So, basically, Tio's the one who'll go and attempt to keep Revan from seeking that toxicity and the second that things get to much and Tio withdrawals as well, everything collapses. Wonderful! XD
-
The other thing is that, yeah, Nico will fall quiet and become kinda submissive, panicking, but she will also just continue to chase Rev no matter what, because, yeah, they may be placing himself in a very toxic situation, but who cares, it's his fault anyway, Revan's hurting, they just need to stay and give him an outlit and maybe, eventually, he'll be okay. It doesn't matter how much it hurts as long as Revan is eventually okay.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionMarch 22, 2023 12:45 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Tio trying to help Revan in those moments would be met with a lot of lashing out and trying to withdraw. He doesn't want the help, he doesn't think he deserves it, and he needs Tio gone too. If Tio doesn't leave then Tio's in danger, if Tio doesn't leave then Tio will die or get hurt and it'll be Revan's fault.
And it'd be a similar tract for Nico, the more someone tries to get close- The more he pushes. The more he feels the need to get away. To leave.
So while Tio would be able to keep him from seeking out toxicity, he wouldn't really be able to fix the problem. Because the closeness is what sets Revan off.
And while Nico would get quiet and submissive, Revan would get withdrawn and aggressive because he doesn't know how to keep Nico safe except to push them away.
-
Revan's honestly probably pretty calm during arguments and conflict, stress is the norm for him so it doesn't bother him too much. If the arguments are about his own habits then he gets a bit defensive, a bit more likely to try and end the conversation or leave the conversation- Maybe even explain why the other is wrong. And when it's about someone else? Then he gets a bit more likely to lash out or withdraw, because if he wasn't there then the problem would go away. Obviously. But he can still hold a peaceful conversation usually, only if the situation gets worse or too much then he'll lash out or withdraw.
It's in the peaceful moments that he's most prone to lash out or withdraw, actually. Because then they're getting too close, too comfortable with each other- With him. And he can't handle that very well. It's the closeness, the idea of intimacy and bliss that scares him. Because he could lose it, and he doesn't deserve it, and he could lose them. And it'll all be his fault, because it always is. If they get hurt, or seem unhappy, or stars forbid- Die or come close to dying? He can't. He'll panic, and decide he has to remove himself from their lives.

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    203    204    205    206    207   ..   609 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us