Chatbox
 Amygdala
04:17:13 Amy/Anpmygdala
Okay enough slacking off..i have moves to use up :p

Crypto
Rawr!!
 Crypto Currency
04:17:10 Ash (he/they)
Venus, what dogs? cute dogs? fluffy dogs? dogs with pictures I can look at?
 Venus
04:16:35 
Crypto,
Ah nom nom indeed. I think if I go to work in the morning i'll never finish cutting those damn dogs.
 Amygdala
04:15:46 Amy/Anpmygdala
Ky
Oops my bad XD
I only realised after i replayed. I use the same pallete on both and i forget when i chat🤣
 kycantina
04:14:45 ky
Amy, both, you broke my brain lol
 Crypto Currency
04:14:37 Ash (he/they)
Venus, oh no. well. I mean, I am the insomnia demon. nom nom on your sleepiness >:#
 Venus
04:13:53 
Crypto,
Oh my. I had to go to the ER for mine and i just got home. It's like 5am now and I can't sleep ;-;
 Crypto Currency
04:13:31 Ash (he/they)
Amy, yes yes I agree
 Amygdala
04:12:49 Amy/Anpmygdala
Ky
Did you dissapear again or did i confuse you because i answered from my side account lol
 Crypto Currency
04:12:33 Ash (he/they)
venux, one of my youngest siblings got one, and went to school pick them up almost 1 hour after I dropped them off :')
 Amygdala
04:12:11 Amy/Anpmygdala
Crypto
Such a lovely baby
 Faulty Demons
04:12:02 Ollie, Gold
Binders
I hope not
 Venus
04:11:25 
Crypto,
That settles it. Probably for the best especially for my job scope ;p
 Crypto Currency
04:11:05 Ash (he/they)
-Click-
all of you. feast your eyes on my new baber
 Amygdala
04:11:00 Amy/Anpmygdala
Crypto
Hmmm sure...won't hurt to give her one
 Crypto Currency
04:10:48 Ash (he/they)
Amy, I am Texas garlic bread. an entire loaf
 Crypto Currency
04:10:33 Ash (he/they)
venux, never
 Amygdala
04:10:22 Amy/Anpmygdala
Meep now i'm a sheep
 Crypto Currency
04:10:20 Ash (he/they)
Amy, ptarmigan feather?
 Venus
04:10:04 
Is it worth going to work while having a UTI..

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Crocodile : -5
Bobcat : +4
Sun Bear : -1
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Hurricane

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    5    6    7    8    9    10    11   ..   16 

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 26, 2024 05:59 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

The young man shook his head, stewing in his emotions. He was frustrated, exhausted, tired, confused--a lot of things all at once. But no one seemed to care. It wasn't ever about him, it was about them. How they saw him, how he was supposed to treat them, what he was supposed to do for them. It wasn't that he was stupid--no, quite the opposite.

The main problem was that Nolian was clever. He really was. Perhaps clever in the wrong ways. He had told Henry that he had, indeed, "taken care" of the peasant folk clothing he had come in with. Well, he had and he hadn't. They had been safely tucked away. Soft cream-blond hair was easy to change a color. The ash in the fireplace, mix it into a paste, with a bit of water and mix it into his hair--he had seen it done thousands of times over.

Gather everything and take it back to the stables at night, telling Henry and the guards that he just needed some fresh air and space to think.

Or... while he was there...

Nolian glanced back, noting the way the guards hung around Kayeni instead.

While he was out and about...

Nolian adjusted his position on the horse, leaning forward as he lifted himself off of the saddle just slightly and jerked the reins.

The gallop that he took off on was far faster than before, pulling off of the well worn pathway and into the countryside.

Somehow, he didn't really care what would happen afterwards. If he got free, fantastic.

If, by some odd miracle, they managed to catch up at any point in time... eh. They'd probably kill him and somehow, he just couldn't make himself care enough. Anything to get out of that.

Nolian kept a hold of the reins, bracing for the leap over a small creek in the grass along the field. Another fence ahead laid as a poorly constructed obstacle. But Nolian couldn't care. "Yah!" Nolian cried out, his heart soaring in his chest.

A dazzlingly dangerous smile stretched his face, the wind whipping his hair back as it howled in his ears. The horse beneath him just as eager to run. The thing about the horse... was it wasn't exactly the easiest to train. Beautiful, sure, but not easy to train.

It was why it was so easy for him to simply just ride off, away from the pathway, the castle, and into the country side--headed toward the mountains. The horse simply didn't care.

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 26, 2024 10:49 PM

Boeing

Neutral

Give Award
Kayeni watched Nolian bolt away on his horse.
She didn't exactly know what to say, either. The guards trailing her had stiffened, as if she was going to order them to chase him. Honestly, Kayeni could not care.
"It seems as if our Diametryan Prince has decided to go on a bit of a ride." She waved her hand dismissedly. "He'll be back." Kayeni, in all honesty, couldn't care less if Nolian came back or not, but then to the rest of the world - these guards included - he was Prince Nolian Terrence of the Diametryan Kingdom, and here as her "suitor".
Kayeni would never get used to it. But with any luck, she'd never have to speak of him again.
All the same. It would probably be pinned on her. She as the one who gave him a horse and led him outside the castle gates... but honestly, since he was gone why couldn't she bend the truth a bit?
"Tell the King, though. Tell him that our - my - prince decided to go on a bit of a ride." Really, as much as Kayeni wanted Nolian to get gone and stay gone, she'd have to tell the King. She didn't want to be in more trouble - and she'd probably be in quite a lot of it after letting Nolian escape - at least, that was how her father would probably look at it.
Still. She would enjoy the next twelve hours, or however long it would take for her father to find Nolian. Kayeni put a bet at 18 hours - when her father wanted something found, he found it.
Like how he managed to find Nolian in a inn in the middle of nowhere and for some reason pull him here.
Kayeni trotted back to the castle, looking completely unconcerned. She'd enjoy her few Nolian-free hours as much as possible.
1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 26, 2024 11:00 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

The guards held back. Which was perfect.

Nolian already had a plan. It was far too easy. Good grief was it easy. Get as far as they could during the day, change appearances, then take the backroads. It was only a few hours between him and the mountain pass and, with luck, since the fall months were starting to linger on. The amount of folks passing through that thin canyon would be innumerable. It would be far too easy to slip on through.

But he'd have to leave the horse somewhere. He was far too noticeable. Maybe at the inn. A homage, a reminder--and a stark note to the guards and king men who were to follow.

For a nobody from nowhere, he knew far more than he let onto.

And right now, he knew he wanted out of that country. So he rode. Slipping through the mountain pass with the waves of people. Sure enough, he stopped at the inn. He slipped on some of his old clothing, stashed away in the room he had for himself. A dark shirt, grey trousers and old dusty boots.

Trading horses was far too easy. A wide-eyed stable hand with a sturdy mount that traded for the beautiful beast.

Easy money.

Nolian set off again, working a thick ashy charcoal paste into his hair. The roots would be a problem, of course, but he had enough hair he figured it'd be okay. At the least, he knew he was getting out of there.

It was always a doomed if he did, doomed if he didn't when it was at the castle. Well, now, it was a far more relaxing journey. Sure, his heart raced a bit. But he didn't feel a pit of dread, he didn't have any condescending eyes staring back at him from all sides.

Just him, the open road and a new life.

What else could someone need? Aside from making sure that there weren't any spies. But even still, what were they going to do? They didn't know he existed. The only ones who did were at the castle and his suitor-ship hadn't been public knowledge by any means. It had been a fairly private affair.

The beast beneath him was a simple brown bay quarter-horse of some sort. A common-folk horse, a mare as well. She moved rhythmically, preferring to set her own pace as she rode across the forest pathway.

"Tch," Nolian finally broke his silence. "I hope they know that if I go back, I'm going to start wars. I don't even care. They can kill me for it for all I care. But if me saying that little thing would start a war?" He shook his head, gingerly, and scoffed. "Let it be."

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 27, 2024 12:01 AM

Boeing

Neutral

Give Award
Kayeni rode through the castle gates, into the courtyard. She dimounted and handed the reins to a stable-hand that had curiously poked their head out of the stables - really, she didn't need to do anything more with the horse, did she?
With a grateful nod to Captain Johnston and his squad, she entered the keep and ascended the stairs, heading towards the council chamber. While she wanted to keep Nolian as far away as possible, she was also duty-bound as her father's daughter to inform him that Nolian had left.
Which would probably prompt him into another lecture against her, and probably another search for him. But unlike Nolian' Kayeni didn't underestimate her father's reach. She knew he could find anyone, given the right amount of money in specific people's hands, and the right people chosen to find him - really, although Kayeni wished for it, Nolian wouldn't be gone for long if her father really wanted him to be here.
She arrived at the council chamber just in time - whatever decision they made about... something regarding Praelothys... had been evidently solved.
"Father?" She spotted her father exiting the chamber behind everyone. That was unusual - maybe the vote had gone against him? Kayeni pushed the thought away as she moved towards him.
"Father? Nolian decided to go out for a ride with one of the horses earlier. I don't know when he'll be back." Partial truth - she'd evade any responsibility herself, and her father probably wouldn't exactly ask the gate staff as to what they saw. "I did go out with him for a bit, but he decided he wanted to strike out by himself for a bit."
And maybe this'd delay her father in searching for him. The longer he stayed gone, the better it was for her.
"Did he say when he'd be back?" King Josef evidently didn't care that much, and until he did care when Nolian didn't come back - that was good!
"No, but I expect before dinner?" Kayeni shrugged. Honestly, the longer Nolian stayed gone, the better.
1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 27, 2024 12:10 AM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Henry, who paused once he spotted the princess and not the suitor, held back to ask his own question about where the young man was. Her answer was less than satisfactory and his hand lifted up to the round spectacles that he wore on the edge of his nose.

One eyebrow raised in some despair. If he wasn't here... and he... was out on his own...

Oh no. No no no.

"Princess," Henry's voice was tight. "A word?" He urged her to a far more private area of the hallway before letting out a slow sigh. "Where is the boy?"

His fingers lifted his spectacles, pinching the bridge of his nose. "My neck depends on that boy, where is he? Please, tell me he is just in the stables."

--

Oh no, no, very much not in the stables at all! Nolian was happily riding through the forests at the moment. Conveniently studying himself in the river when they stopped to take a drink. The charcoal paste had done wonders to darken that creamy blond into a dark ashen black color. Some roots were still vaguely visible but that was well hidden under a loose hat.

Not to mention how subtly different his clothing was comparatively. The dark tunic top, the grey trousers... not what he wore usually but the style was similar. It was similar to a lot of common folk.

The horse was the most basic horse he could possibly have.

He was... not what he was before. And he had a feeling, he had just won the lottery in escapism.

Nolian grinned, smugly, to himself. When asked about a name, well, he'd simply just make one up. He was liking the sound of a nature-y name. Maybe he could get away with... Talon or something.

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 27, 2024 06:44 PM

Boeing

Neutral

Give Award
Kayeni frowned. "Nolian just went for a ride. Surely that's normal. Henry, do you expect me to know where he is at all times?" She waved her hand dismissedly. "It's not entirely my business and I don't entirely care. Go look for him if you want to, because I don't know where he is."
Kayeni knew it wouldn't hold for long - but honestly, she could just claim innocence. Because Nolian had gone for a ride by himself. Kayeni just didn't think he'd be coming back.
That was, until her father realized he'd run away, and then... Kayeni didn't know why exactly her father wanted him specifically. He seemed to be particularly interested in him, and clearly had gone to a degree of great lengths to bring him into the castle under a guise of sort that honestly made sense.
But - Kayeni still couldn't figure out why he did that.
For now, though? She was going to enjoy her time.
Turning her back to Henry and ignoring whatever he said next - really, when would that guy ever realize it was not her problem? She wasn't the one that was tasked with dealing with Nolian - however, she did feel a bit sympathetic to his cause - she walked away, determined to make use of her Nolian-free hours.
She hurried to catch her father, who had walked on without her.
(A bit short but I don't have too much time >.>)
1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 27, 2024 10:04 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Henry watched the woman go for a long moment before shaking his head. He spent the next hours scouring the castle grounds for the young man. Anything at all. Four hours later, he had gone to the stables--reluctantly--but to no avail. He got the same report. "Nope. Haven't seen him."

The despair was setting in as six hours ticked by.

A solid eight, Henry reluctantly made his way into the dining room before dinner was set to be served and shook his head. This was not the news that he wanted to give to the king. But he had no other choice. As far as he could tell, this was what had happened.

Henry knelt down to one knee and lowered his head in a deep bow to the king. It was the type of bow that he reserved for this type of news anyways. It wasn't going to be a surprise that he had heavy news. Henry let out a weary breath.

"Your Grace," Henry spoke and lifted his head just slightly. "I believe the suitor has... run off. I can not find him anywhere in the castle grounds. I believe he ran off after the princess and suitor went for a ride around the castle borders."

He let out a weary breath and lowered his head. Eight hours. It would be ten before they could gather a proper search party. Who knew where the boy could be by then?

Well, that boy... he was nearing the edges of the kingdom, fully prepared to ride through the night. He wasn't planning on sleeping.

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 29, 2024 12:40 AM

Boeing

Neutral

Give Award
(Sorry, I was busy for the day)
Kayeni walked into the dining room, and for once, her father's eyes went straight to her. Inwardly, she sighed, but kept a straight face as she went around the tables and to her seat. Henry looked tense as hell, and Kayeni honestly could guess why.
Nolian was his charge, and he had run away. Kayeni guessed by now Nolian probably wouldn't be back, and that Henry had figured it out.
"Kayeni, dear?" her father asked. Kayeni looked to him, looking slightly confused. It wasn't like him to talk to her during dinner. "Do you know where your suitor is?"
Kayeni shrugged. Honestly, she had no clue. "He said he'd be back by dinner." She paused, then continued. "Have you checked the stables?"
Henry looked ready to bolt. Kayeni must have underestimated how seriously Henry took his job with Nolian.
"Well, the fact is, he's missing." Her father said it in a tone that made it clear he didn't want everyone to know. "Are you sure he just rode off for a bit more after you turned back?"
Kayeni nodded her head. "I'm certain. He said he wanted to explore a bit longer, he'd be fine, and be back by dinner."
Her father sighed and looked away. Apparently, the conversation was over.
But only just as Kayeni began eating, Henry turned to her. "... Princess? Are you entirely sure that's what happened?" He pinched his forehead a bit. "Nolian is my charge, and I'm responsible for what he does - including him now being missing, and possibly having run away."
Kayeni stuck to her half-truth, however. "I'm positive. I don't know where he is. He just rode off after assuring me."
Half-truths were tricky things. She said everything except the fact that Nolian had been mad with her when he ran off. And she didn't think that Nolian had reassured her he'd be back - in fact, she higly doubted that he'd be back unless forced to.
"We're getting search parties out. We can't lose him," Henry said, looking defeated.
For once, Kayeni said nothing, focussing on her food. Not something that she wanted to get into.
She'd see if by the time she woke up tomorrow, if Nolian had been found and captured. She betted that she'd see him tomorrow morning.
Such was the efficiency of her father's network.
1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 29, 2024 03:37 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

The border of the kingdom was dark and dim in the dull light of a wane moon. There were quite a few "stations" or whatnot. But the guards at the booths looked as tired as he felt.

The pathway was well worn, paved neatly as the rider came up to the little hut. The guard stirred and rubbed his eyes. "... what are you doing at this time of the night?"

Nolian waved one hand to the side, brushing it off. "Just riding through. I've got a long ways to go," he chuckled loosely. "I've got family in the next kingdom over and the wedding celebration for my cousin--oh it'll take at least a month," he let out a warm noise. "But I've got to get there early to help set up everything."

The guard frowned and then shook his head. For a moment, Nolian felt a small burst of fear. He... didn't know right?

"Name?"

"Alan," the young man responded. "Do you need the house name as well?"

The man shook his head and turned to scribble down the name on the parchment. "Good enough. Good luck and we'll see you in a month!"

Nolian tipped his head and nudged the horse forward. He wouldn't see him ever again. Not if he had anything to say about it. But he had made it past the borders of the kingdom.

He could rest now.

Nolian spurred the horse into a brief run, headed for the forests once again. He was exhausted and hardly cared where he slept. Even if it was in the most makeshift dingy little lean-to he could make.

A good way off of the main pathway, settled into the safety under a pine tree, Nolian settled down and finally let himself sleep. The horse was hobbled and tied nearby. He... could relax now.

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 29, 2024 08:21 PM

Boeing

Neutral

Give Award
Kayeni finished up her dinner quickly. Some helpful servant had taken away - or just never put in the first place - Nolian's chair in the dinner table, and his presence wasn't missed at all.
That was good. Although this now meant that her father would be on the hunt for him. Kayeni honestly didn't know where in the country he was anymore - heck, or if he even was in the country anymore.
Maybe he was heading to Diametrya. Heaven knows that would be quite funny.
As dinner wrapped up, Kayeni quickly stood and left. Ahead of everyone else, she beckoned a guard forward, and gave him six quick words.
"Bring Captain Johnston to me. Now."
Now that her father was on the hunt, she had to cover her tracks. While she knew if her father directly questioned the guards, they would have to relent, but as a princess, she'd be higher ranked than anyone.
Including Henry.
It was barely ten minutes later as she was sitting down in her chambers that a knock sounded on the door. "Come in," Kayeni called. Not entirely caring that a captain would be allowed in her antechamber, she moved into it as a servant opened the door and the captain from their ride earlier today came in.
He bowed. "Good evening, your highness." Honestly, he sounded a bit nervous.
Kayeni clicked her tongue, a bit impatiently. "Stand up." She paused, then forged on. "I have a... few requests for you, Captain Johnston. Oh, yes, I remembered your name," she smiled at Captain Johnston's start at realizing that she remembered his name. "But can you accede with my requests?"
He dipped his head again. "My lady, your wish is my will. Name it."
Kayeni frowned. She didn't want another person on their knees in front of her. She was a princess, and held the second-highest authority in the kingdom, but she didn't want worship.
Then again, Kayeni, unlike Nolian, was conscious of the undercurrents in the court. And she knew she could work this to her benefit.
"Alright. Listen closely then, Captain."

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    5    6    7    8    9    10    11   ..   16 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us