Hehe I'll show you my latest work.
 Amygdala
04:17:13 Amy/Anpmygdala
Okay enough slacking off..i have moves to use up :p

Crypto
Rawr!!
 Crypto Currency
04:17:10 Ash (he/they)
Venus, what dogs? cute dogs? fluffy dogs? dogs with pictures I can look at?
 Venus
04:16:35 
Crypto,
Ah nom nom indeed. I think if I go to work in the morning i'll never finish cutting those damn dogs.
 Amygdala
04:15:46 Amy/Anpmygdala
Ky
Oops my bad XD
I only realised after i replayed. I use the same pallete on both and i forget when i chat🤣
 kycantina
04:14:45 ky
Amy, both, you broke my brain lol

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Crocodile : -5
Bobcat : +4
Sun Bear : -1
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Hurricane

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    5    6    7    8    9    10    11   ..   15 

Whispers Cost | Adapa x SocratesDecember 16, 2021 09:19 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Esta Haron / 24 / Female / Lesbian / Healer / M: All
Ambrose Alinsky / 26 / Male / Graysexual Panromantic / Traveler / M: All
Agnar Solefair / 22 / Male / Homosexual / M: All
Karma Bravo / 25 / Nonbinary / Pansexual / M: All
Isabella Finley / 25 / Female / Bisexual / M: All

I don’t really have a type. I guess someone or multiple people that are nice, who love me as I am would be good. Oh- Wait. People that’ll keep their promises to me without me having to use my ability on them. Trust is needed in any good relationship, and if I have to force you to keep your promises? Then there’s obviously something going on that shouldn’t be.

That certainly makes sense. I do wonder now… What do you all think the others would say if we asked? The ‘others’ being Amel, Illon, Karma, and Ambrose obviously.

"That's very true, Salen." Isabella agreed, nodding. She thought for a moment before responding to Eni's question. "Interesting, I mean, we can't really know unless we do ask them but I have some ideas. So, for Amel, I honestly think he'd go for someone who has a mind of their own but also doesn't hold him back, probably someone very smart and, honestly, probably someone pretty kind. For Illon... I'm not sure, someone willing to listen to them, that much I'm almost positive of. And probably someone who can help them when things get hard mentally. Ambrose?" Isabella smiled slightly. "I can't see him choosing anyone bad, I mean, he's super sweet. It'd have to be someone he trusts enough to talk openly to. Also though, I doubt he'd be okay not traveling for very long, so his partner, or partners, would probably have to be flexible and understanding. Now Karma... I don't mean to sound mean, but I honestly can't see them liking anyone. They always seem really reclusive and kind of rude. I'm not sure they'd want a partner at all."

Agnar pursed his lips, he'd been thinking while Isabella talked, waiting his turn. "Amel I actually agree with." The ranger stated, nodding. "And I mostly agree with Illon and Ambrose too, but I honestly think Ambrose would choose someone who's maybe more defensive. Someone who's willing to stand up for him when he feels like he can't do it himself. I think he'd want someone who he could just relax and feel safe around. Illon, I'll just add to what you said, Isa, I think they'd also want someone who not only listens, but talks too, like, truthfully. I mean, I feel like they appreciate that kind of stuff, and like Salen said, someone who can keep a promise. Especially when it comes to big stuff. And, truthfully, I completely disagree with you on Karma."

Isabella raised a surprised eyebrow. "Why's that?"

"Think about it," Agnar replied, his tone thoughtful. "Why would someone be defensive and keep away from people all the time? Probably because they've been hurt, right? I mean, in all honesty, I don't like Karma very much, but that doesn't mean I don't understand the possibility of where they're coming from. My guess is it's a defense mechanism of sorts, a way to keep from getting hurt, but that doesn't mean they don't want to be loved. No one doesn't want to be loved. Literally, one of the basic psychological needs for a person to be healthy is love and belonging. It's often very hard for someone to meet physical needs if they don't have proper connections and people to lean on. Hot take, but I kinda think Karma would benefit greatly from a good partner, or more than one." The ranger shrugged. "My personal guess would be they're looking for a steady presence, someone they can fully trust and lean on without any strings attached, probably someone helpful and kind and someone who just cares about them in general. I could be wrong of course."

Isabella blinked at the youngest member of the group in surprise. "Okay, not gonna lie, I don't think you've ever said something that smart before." She stated, causing Agnar to laugh.

"I can think things through well when I want." He replied, "I just typically do things in the moment."

---

“You aren’t that annoying, Ambrose. At least not as annoying as some of the others on this team. Quite honestly, the only thing I can find annoying about you is your music. Which, to be fair, isn’t because you aren’t a good musician. Hell, it isn’t even because of your ability. I’m just not a big fan of songs anymore.”

Ambrose smiled softly at the compliment. He didn't miss the 'anymore' part, but he decided it was best to keep quiet. He was honestly curious, but he'd rather not upset Amel. Especially not when Ambrose was just starting to calm down.

"W-well, thank you. I'll t-try to keep that in mind while y-your around, though music is honestly kind o-of a habit for me at this point, I-I do it a lot w-without thinking." He looked up at the sky for a moment. "Um, t-thank you, Amel, talking t-to you helped. I can leave y-you alone now if you'd p-prefer."

---

Not as big a fan as some would expect, actually. But sweets are definitely still good. Why?

Esta nodded, she didn't miss the flash of surprise in Illon's eyes, but she ignored it and moved on, allowing her hand to drop from their shoulder and smiling at them brightly. "Wellll, I was thinking I could make cookies or some other sweets for the group movie night, and I wanted your input on food, I don't eat too much, so I'm not really sure what tastes good or not. Oh, hey! Do you know how to cook? If not, you could totally still help me make cookies! I can teach you some basic stuff and you don't have to do anything you don't feel comfortable with!"

---

Karma returned to consciousness breathing hard, their hands were quivering and their heart was pounding in their ears. The sight and smell of blood still lingered in their head and they had to remind theirself that it wasn't real anymore. It was over. Done.

But then, why did it still hurt so bad?

Karma paused for a moment, frantically trying to get their brain back in order. It had been almost three months since their last flashback and they'd dared to start hoping they were finally over. Of course, Karma chided himself, hope was useless.

Things became worse, however, as Karma quickly realized that, because they hadn't dealt with this in so long, their mind and body were much slower to get over it. This freaked them out more and they dug their nails into their palms until blood was drawn. Doing this, of course, did the opposite of help.

Karma really wished they were alone, they really, really did. If they were alone, they could curl up into a ball right on the path and wait to die, they could sob, they could scream until their chest ached or they passed out, they could smash their fists into the ground, or their head and no one would see. Not that anyone would care.

Yet, they weren't alone, so Karma tried to repress everything, to hold back their tears and stay quiet despite the pressure building in their chest that made them want to scream. In the end, they failed.

The tears came and they just stood there pathetically, pressing their bleeding hands to their ears as though that would block out the sounds of ringing and shouting they heard. And they could only dare to hope that no one was watching.

Of course, hope wasn't worth it, so, in reality, they just expected the embarrassment.

Whispers Cost | Adapa x SocratesDecember 17, 2021 09:48 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

Amel Wyther | 26 | Male | Demisexual | Leader | Mentions; All

Salen Frez | 25 | Female | Pansexual | Diplomat | Mentions; All

Eni Vizin | 27 | Non-Binary | Demisexual | Mentor | Mentions; All

Illon Elatos | 24 | Non-Binary | Asexual Demiromantic | Inventor | Mentions; All

Agris ‘Blair’ Bairugih | 23 | Male | Gay | Turncoat | Mentions; Amel(Ind), The Others(Even More Ind)

--

That’s very true, Salen. Interesting, I mean, we can't really know unless we do ask them but I have some ideas. So, for Amel, I honestly think he'd go for someone who has a mind of their own but also doesn't hold him back, probably someone very smart and, honestly, probably someone pretty kind. For Illon... I'm not sure, someone willing to listen to them, that much I'm almost positive of. And probably someone who can help them when things get hard mentally. Ambrose? I can't see him choosing anyone bad, I mean, he's super sweet. It'd have to be someone he trusts enough to talk openly to. Also though, I doubt he'd be okay not traveling for very long, so his partner, or partners, would probably have to be flexible and understanding. Now Karma... I don't mean to sound mean, but I honestly can't see them liking anyone. They always seem really reclusive and kind of rude. I'm not sure they'd want a partner at all.

--

Amel I actually agree with. And I mostly agree with Illon and Ambrose too, but I honestly think Ambrose would choose someone who's maybe more defensive. Someone who's willing to stand up for him when he feels like he can't do it himself. I think he'd want someone who he could just relax and feel safe around. Illon, I'll just add to what you said, Isa, I think they'd also want someone who not only listens, but talks too, like, truthfully. I mean, I feel like they appreciate that kind of stuff, and like Salen said, someone who can keep a promise. Especially when it comes to big stuff. And, truthfully, I completely disagree with you on Karma.

--

Why’s that?

--

Think about it. Why would someone be defensive and keep away from people all the time? Probably because they've been hurt, right? I mean, in all honesty, I don't like Karma very much, but that doesn't mean I don't understand the possibility of where they're coming from. My guess is it's a defense mechanism of sorts, a way to keep from getting hurt, but that doesn't mean they don't want to be loved. No one doesn't want to be loved. Literally, one of the basic psychological needs for a person to be healthy is love and belonging. It's often very hard for someone to meet physical needs if they don't have proper connections and people to lean on. Hot take, but I kinda think Karma would benefit greatly from a good partner, or more than one. My personal guess would be they're looking for a steady presence, someone they can fully trust and lean on without any strings attached, probably someone helpful and kind and someone who just cares about them in general. I could be wrong of course.

--

Okay, not gonna lie, I don't think you've ever said something that smart before.

--

I can think things through well when I want. I just typically do things in the moment.

--

Salen chuckled a bit and nodded,”I do agree with Agnar though, on Karma and Ambrose. For Illon though, that’s the one I’m not sure has a type. Or is even interested in a partner at all. I mean, honestly? Literally any joke that could’ve been taken that way was completely ignored by them throughout the mission, and they’re like- Joking buds with Agnar. Who’s to say they aren’t aro ace and that’s why? And don’t even get me started in Amel…” She still continued anyways, just because that’s how she was. “He probably wants someone kind, sure. But how kind? He couldn’t go for someone as kind as Esta, and I’m sorry for putting that image in your head, but honestly. He couldn’t. Her blind trust and kindness simply wouldn’t work. But I also think he wants someone to, oddly enough, take care of. He likes knowing he’s the top, the best. What better way than protecting someone that needs it? I also think he would rather enjoy someone who’s flexible, but also steady. Someone that won’t leave or doubt but also someone that can change and adapt to different situations.

--

Eni shrugged, “To me, Illon might not be interested in a partner, or partners, right now. I’d recommend them work through some things before anything. But, if the day ever arrived where they do… Then I have to say that their type would probably be a lot like Karma’s type, actually. After all, the four different styles of attachment are relaxed attached, anxious attached, relaxed avoidant, and anxious avoidant. If I had to say, Karma’s anxious avoidant. Meanwhile, Illon’s probably anxious attached. Illon likes being around people, it’s obvious. But they another thing that’s obvious is the fact that they aren’t that good with people. Who here actually thought much about them whenever they first arrived? I’ll be honest, I didn’t. They were kind of just there.

*~*~*~*

W-well, thank you. I'll t-try to keep that in mind while y-your around, though music is honestly kind o-of a habit for me at this point, I-I do it a lot w-without thinking. Um, t-thank you, Amel, talking t-to you helped. I can leave y-you alone now if you'd p-prefer.

--

Amel shrugged, “I don’t mind too much, if you want to go back to everyone else then you can. If you do though, tell someone to keep watch on the trees as we walk. I don’t care who, I just need someone watching just in case. You know?

--

He wouldn’t tell anyone that the group hadn’t gotten a singular member. He didn’t need them worrying about Bairugih of all people. There was always the chance the man wasn’t even following them, after all.

*~*~*~*

Wellll, I was thinking I could make cookies or some other sweets for the group movie night, and I wanted your input on food, I don't eat too much, so I'm not really sure what tastes good or not. Oh, hey! Do you know how to cook? If not, you could totally still help me make cookies! I can teach you some basic stuff and you don't have to do anything you don't feel comfortable with!

--

Again, they weren’t expecting it. But they still answered, “Unless you mean heating up pre-made stuff, I have no clue about cooking or baking.” They thought for a moment before speaking, effectively changing the subject. “Oh, hey, how are things with Bella and Sal?

--

Out of the corner their eyes, they could see Karma seemingly getting out of it but having a panic attack due to whatever it had been. They hoped their subject was enough to keep Esta from bringing attention to Karma. They knew how much they hated being the center of attention while having panic attacks, so they assumed Karma was the same way.

*~*~*~*

It’d been a few days since the big event. And Blair was finally on track of following Amel and whoever else had helped and aided him in what he’d done. Quite honestly? He’d let the others live, they hadn’t known what Amel had been doing, after all. But Amel had to go. There was no debating that. After what he’d done? Yeah, Amel was going down.

--

Luckily enough, the group had been at the same camp for a bit, so he was able to find them. He’d also been lucky enough that no one had noticed him watching them. Then again, given his darkvision and being able to control his body temperature without risk- Yeah, it’d be pretty hard to see him or find him.

--

Either way, he was following the group right now, keeping a keen eye on them from the shadows and trees. On Amel. He had to wait for when the backstabber was alone though. He couldn’t risk anything else happening. His allegiance to the late Vipers made it likely that the group would attack should he show himself. And while he was certain he could take on Amel by himself, he didn’t want to test his luck with eight other people there too.

Whispers Cost | Adapa x SocratesDecember 17, 2021 06:55 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

,”I do agree with Agnar though, on Karma and Ambrose. For Illon though, that’s the one I’m not sure has a type. Or is even interested in a partner at all. I mean, honestly? Literally any joke that could’ve been taken that way was completely ignored by them throughout the mission, and they’re like- Joking buds with Agnar. Who’s to say they aren’t aro ace and that’s why? And don’t even get me started in Amel… He probably wants someone kind, sure. But how kind? He couldn’t go for someone as kind as Esta, and I’m sorry for putting that image in your head, but honestly. He couldn’t. Her blind trust and kindness simply wouldn’t work. But I also think he wants someone to, oddly enough, take care of. He likes knowing he’s the top, the best. What better way than protecting someone that needs it? I also think he would rather enjoy someone who’s flexible, but also steady. Someone that won’t leave or doubt but also someone that can change and adapt to different situations.”

Isabella nodded in agreement. "Okay, yeah. That makes perfect sense." She agreed. Agnar nodded along as well.

To me, Illon might not be interested in a partner, or partners, right now. I’d recommend them work through some things before anything. But, if the day ever arrived where they do… Then I have to say that their type would probably be a lot like Karma’s type, actually. After all, the four different styles of attachment are relaxed attached, anxious attached, relaxed avoidant, and anxious avoidant. If I had to say, Karma’s anxious avoidant. Meanwhile, Illon’s probably anxious attached. Illon likes being around people, it’s obvious. But they another thing that’s obvious is the fact that they aren’t that good with people. Who here actually thought much about them whenever they first arrived? I’ll be honest, I didn’t. They were kind of just there.

"I guess," Agnar said thoughtfully. "I can see that. I think they'd probably need someone else to engage with them first, Karma too, probably. But, yeah, maybe work through some stuff first."

---

I don’t mind too much, if you want to go back to everyone else then you can. If you do though, tell someone to keep watch on the trees as we walk. I don’t care who, I just need someone watching just in case. You know?

Ambrose watched Amel carefully, trying to decide if he actually had a preference on whether Ambrose stayed or not. Unable to tell, he decided it would probably be best to go back to the others and make sure they knew what Amel wanted. "O-okay, thank you again, Amel.' He said softly, falling behind again until he fell into step with Eni and Agnar.

The traveler made sure he wasn't interrupting anyone before speaking in a quiet voice. "H-hey guys," He said, silently cursing himself when he realized he was still stuttering, he paused a moment, thinking his words over to get them out better. "Amel said that... someone should watch the trees. Please." He took a breath. Well, it wasn't perfect, but at least he'd gotten everything out without fumbling over all of his words this time.

Agnar raised an eyebrow when he heard Ambrose stutter. "Alright, I can do that. Thanks, Ambrose. You doing okay, man?" He questioned. Ambrose nodded slightly and Agnar shrugged, deciding not to push him. "Welp, see ya in a bit, guys! I'll scout real quick, just a little ahead, behind, and on the sides, then I'll be right back!" He did finger guns at Isabella, Salen, and Ambrose, and then fake soluted Eni before running off to the left first. He used some of his power, moving a little quicker than normal and turning up his senses.

Isabella, who had been about to offer to scout before being interrupted by Agnar (a common occurrence), just shrugged and smiled at Ambrose. "Are you sure you're okay, Ambrose, you stuttered a little?"

"I'm okay... Amel helped a bit."

Bella's eyebrows shot up at that. She hadn't ever expected to hear about Amel helping with anxiety. Then she thought about it and realized he'd probably just done it to keep everyone at full strength. "If you say so." She replied. "If you need help with something, you can always ask though."

"Thanks."

---

Unless you mean heating up pre-made stuff, I have no clue about cooking or baking.” Esta was about to respond when Illon changed the subject. “Oh, hey, how are things with Bella and Sal?

The healers' cheeks flushed immediately and she shot a fake angry look towards her friend. "Hey, I thought we agreed not to talk about that!" She protested, then added, in a softer voice. "I don't know, I can't tell if they like me back or not. I mean, Isa flirts all the time, but that's just who she is, and what if they like each other and not me? Do you think I'd get in the way of their relationship? I don't want to do that! Oh, I don't know, I'm kind of a pathetic love-struck girl, huh?" She laughed shyly. "I guess I'm just worried."

Esta looked ahead to where Salen and Isabella still walked side by side. Their shoulders brushed every once in a while and they both looked happy. As she watched, Esta couldn't help but feel a little anxious. She liked them both... a lot, but she couldn't bring herself to tell them. Deep down, she just didn't want to be pushed away again, not like last time.

Then she looked over at Illon again, smiling. "But who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky!"

---

Karma squeezed their eyes shut and started counting in their head once they realized that seemingly noticed them. That was good they thought, at least one thing was good. They just had to find a rhythm.

'1, 2, 3, 4, 5'

Slowly they opened their eyes again and stared at the ground, taking deep breaths and still holding their ears.

'6, 7, 8, 9, 10'

The ringing died down slightly and Karma became aware of the fact that blood was dripping down their face from their palms.

'11, 12, 13, 14, 15'

Quickly, they pulled their hands down, grabbing their jacket and desperately wiping their face with it. They didn't bother to take care of their hands, though, they'd probably just get cut open again anyway. Purposefully or not.

'16, 17, 18, 19, 20'

Karma stood there a moment longer, making sure they weren't going to break again before looking up again. Their eyes went to Illon almost immediately, realizing that they seemed better now. At least a little, and they seemed to be talking to Esta. Karma also noticed, however, that they glanced back at them. Illon knew. They realized with another spike of anxiety.

It probably didn't make a difference, but still... The only person Karma had ever allowed to see them having a panic attack or a flashback was Kostas. This was new, different, and Karma hated the feeling it gave them.

'21, 22, 23, 24, 25'

"Just get up, you're being pathetic!"

"Shut up." Karma hissed out loud as his mother's voice whispered in his ears. "You don't know half the shit I've been through. You don't even care."

Shaking his head, Karma started walking again, forcing their feet to move despite the way the ground seemed to pull them down.

They just had to move, just follow the others until they could get somewhere alone.

Karma continued to count, keeping a steady beat.

'26, one step. 27, two. 28, three. 29, four. 30, five.'

They occasionally glanced towards Illon, wondering faintly if they'd say anything about what had happened, but for the most part, Karma's eyes stayed glued to the ground.

Just. Keep. Moving.

Whispers Cost | Adapa x SocratesDecember 17, 2021 08:57 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

Amel Wyther | 26 | Male | Demisexual | Leader | Mentions; All, Bairugih(Ind)

Illon Elatos | 24 | Non-Binary | Asexual Demiromantic | Inventor | Mentions; All

Agris ‘Blair’ Bairugih | 23 | Male | Gay | Turncoat | Mentions; Amel(Ind), Agnar(Ind), The Others(Even More Ind)

--

O-okay, thank you again, Amel.

--

Amel nodded, immediately knowing that Ambrose would be going and telling the group what he’d asked them to do. Which was good, of course. It meant that depending on who went, they’d be able to tell if Bairugih was already following them or not. And if they’d have a chance against him.

--

Because quite honestly- It didn’t matter how good she was at fighting and fire. Bairugih’s temperature changing meant fire wasn’t going to be good enough, and given his expertise with three different weapons? Yeah, Isabella would be biting off more than she could chew.

--

The only other one that might volunteer would be Arrow. Which would probably be better too. The speed and senses would certainly be helpful if Bairugih decided to shoot. Or to hide. Probably. Amel couldn’t be sure, of course, but maybe.

*~*~*~*

I guess. I can see that. I think they'd probably need someone else to engage with them first, Karma too, probably. But, yeah, maybe work through some stuff first.

--

H-hey guys. Amel said that... someone should watch the trees. Please.

--

Alright, I can do that. Thanks, Ambrose. You doing okay, man? Welp, see ya in a bit, guys! I'll scout real quick, just a little ahead, behind, and on the sides, then I'll be right back!

--

Eni chuckled a bit at the fake salute, rolling their eyes in parental amusement.

--

Are you sure you're okay, Ambrose, you stuttered a little?

--

I'm okay... Amel helped a bit.

--

If you say so. If you need help with something, you can always ask though.

--

Thanks.

--

Salen nodded, “Isabella’s right, you can always ask. I’m sure none of us mind helping you with anything.

*~*~*~*

Hey, I thought we agreed not to talk about that! I don't know, I can't tell if they like me back or not. I mean, Isa flirts all the time, but that's just who she is, and what if they like each other and not me? Do you think I'd get in the way of their relationship? I don't want to do that! Oh, I don't know, I'm kind of a pathetic love-struck girl, huh? I guess I'm just worried. But who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky!

--

Illon shrugged and decided on a teasing tone, “Probably. What you need to do, is like, go up to them and just- Confess your love through poetry and song. Obviously.

--

They lasted about two seconds before having to hold back a snicker. “Okay, not actually. That might be a bit weird, especially if you don’t have anything planned. Here’s what you do instead, you go up to Sal and Bella… And compliment them. Try and read their reactions, gauge how they feel about it. That’s really the only real advice I have. But I’m sure it’ll work out, Star.

*~*~*~*

Blair saw as one of the members he didn’t know went into the trees, which meant that Amel was already onto him. Great. It was fine. He could tell that the one that had gone off was who everyone called… He watched them, diving into the more shadowy areas and dropping his temperature to make it even harder to find him. Arrow! That was it. That was Arrow. The group’s scout. The one that had the highest chance of finding him and had either the highest or the second highest kill count.

--

Well. That certainly wasn’t good for him…

--

He kept his cool for about three seconds. Shit! He couldn’t kill Amel if he was killed beforehand! He had to either get rid of Arrow or keep them quiet. Which meant intercepting them now. Or, well, more so once they were far enough from the group that they wouldn’t be able to call for help.

--

So Blair waited, keeping an eye on both Arrow and the group. Once Arrow was far enough away, but still close enough so Blair could follow still… His left hand gripped his Chidori Jumonji Yari, and he took a deep, silent breath.

--

Then he was jumping from where he was, easily securing a kick to Arrow, knocking them to the ground. The CJ Yari was maneuvered to where it pointed right at them, where he could easily kill them if he decided to.

--

He stood, watching them with keen eyes, devoid of any emotion due to years of practice. He was sure that his viper tattoo and the new tattoos on his fingers were visible, but that didn’t really matter at the moment. Let them know, he could always kill them. His mouth was torn into a grimace, perhaps a scowl or thin line even, the viper bite piercing on full display.

--

He’d wait to see what Arrow was going to do before doing anything himself, except to- Of course- Position himself for if they decided to either attack or run. Blair couldn’t let them do either, not right now. Not when he still had things to do.

Whispers Cost | Adapa x SocratesDecember 17, 2021 09:59 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

Isabella’s right, you can always ask. I’m sure none of us mind helping you with anything.

Ambrose looked down, his cheeks warming a little with embarrassment. He hadn't meant to worry anyone. "Thank you. I... Appreciate it." He murmured. He really did, it was nice to have people that cared.

Isabella smiled encouragingly. "Any time, Ambrose." She replied.

---

Probably. What you need to do, is like, go up to them and just- Confess your love through poetry and song. Obviously.

Esta laughed at this, listening to Illon finish before speaking.

Okay, not actually. That might be a bit weird, especially if you don’t have anything planned. Here’s what you do instead, you go up to Sal and Bella… And compliment them. Try and read their reactions, gauge how they feel about it. That’s really the only real advice I have. But I’m sure it’ll work out, Star.

Esta grinned. "Hmm, I think I can do the first one, actually." She stated, clearing her throat dramatically and placing her hand on her chest. "Dearest Isabella and Salen, I admire tho beauty and grace! You shine with the light of a thousand suns and your smiles set the earth aglow! Will tho bless me with tho presence forever and be my beloved?"

She barely made it through the last sentence before cracking up. "Okay, okay, you're right, not the best move." She said, wiping a tear of laughter from her cheek. "I guess I can try complimenting them, but I'm honestly not the best at picking up... err... flirtatious reactions? My last girlfriend used to tease me about that." She smirked, rubbing the back of her neck.

---

Karma continued to drag behind the others, eventually realizing that Illon probably wasn't going to say anything and relaxing a little more. They decided to keep their distance from the others for now, though, they were aware that they probably still looked like a complete mess.

---

Agnar was trotting through the forest listening carefully to the movement around him, he wasn't too worried, but he kept his guard up anyway, just in case.

He'd almost made it to the next point that he'd decided on when he was knocked to the ground, landing hard on his back with his bow digging deep into his back and the point of a weapon that Agnar recognized to be a Chidori Jumonji Yari at his neck. He let out a yelp of surprise and pain and just lay there a moment, grimacing as the world came back into focus.

Once he was able to see again, Agnar immediately did a quick body assessment. No bones were broken, though his left wrist might be sprained. His bow, however, was definitely broken. He could feel the splintered wood digging into his skin.

"Dammit, man! It took me weeks to make that bow!" The ranger hissed, his voice taught with pain. He analyzed the person above him as he spoke and was aware that they were doing the same. They looked young, Agnar noted, maybe only a year or two older than him. And they had a Vipers tattoo. "Huh, I thought Amel said all you guys were dead. Well, he's wrong about a lot, so I can't say I'm surprised." He said, attempting to shift slightly and wincing as a piece of wood drove itself deeper into his skin just below the shoulderblade.

"Not cool." He growled, his voice had turned thick with pain and he had to squeeze his eyes shut for a moment to keep from shouting. He had to think tactically, this person was obviously good. They were quick, and, bigger, they'd managed to catch Agnar off guard. Now that was impressive. "Hey man, look, if you could not kill me, that'd be pretty great. I think my parent would be kinda mad at me. I promised I'd be careful, and I don't think dying is considered careful, sooo." Agnar attempted to stretch out his fingers, his right hand was fine, but when he stretched his left a spike of pain shot up his arm. Yep. Definitely sprained.

Obviously, Agnar was on the low ground here. This person was good and they had him pinned. That left Agnar with two options. One, call for help and risk putting the others in danger while also probably dying himself, or two, try and figure a way to outsmart this guy and get out on his own.

Both were risky, but the second made more sense.

"Also, you're making it really hard to think, a blade to someone's neck is not a very good first impression. I mean, you'll get like... no friends doing that. Kind of a jerk move. And you know I'm kinda in pain right now, so if you could, like, stop holding an oversized knife to my throat, that'd be great." Agnar had to pause and take a breath, nearly crying out as the splinters continued to dig into his back. The one below his shoulder blade was definitely in deep, and the young ranger could feel the blood start to soak his shirt.

"Shit." He hissed, gritting his teeth against the pain. His good hand inched towards the knife at his belt, it was the only thing he knew might give him a decent chance at getting away at this point, but it hurt so badly to move that he wasn't sure he would actually be able to use it if he tried. Plus, it was risky to grab for the knife in the first place. "First person to catch me, congrats. The game... is over now!"

Whispers Cost | Adapa x SocratesDecember 17, 2021 10:31 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

Agris ‘Blair’ Bairugih | 23 | Male | Gay | Turncoat | Mentions; Amel(Ind), Agnar(Ind), The Others(Even More Ind)

--

Thank you. I... Appreciate it.

--

Any time, Ambrose.

--

Eni nodded along, grinning, “So, are we going to go back to singing now or not? I feel like it’d be a waste of talent if we didn’t.

*~*~*~*

Hmm, I think I can do the first one, actually. Dearest Isabella and Salen, I admire thou beauty and grace! You shine with the light of a thousand suns and your smiles set the earth aglow! Will thou bless me with thou presence forever and be my beloveds? Okay, okay, you're right, not the best move. I guess I can try complimenting them, but I'm honestly not the best at picking up... err... flirtatious reactions? My last girlfriend used to tease me about that.

--

Illon thought for a moment before shrugging, “I can’t help much with that either, I’m afraid. I suck at reading literally any type of reaction. But like, I guess just watch for, uh… Blushing or smiling, I guess..?

*~*~*~*

Dammit, man! It took me weeks to make that bow!” Definitely younger than he was, though Blair couldn’t tell by how much. Maybe a year. Maybe two. It was something like that.

--

Huh, I thought Amel said all you guys were dead. Well, he's wrong about a lot, so I can't say I'm surprised.” His eyebrows furrowed at that. Was Amel seriously not telling the group about him? Did that fucker think he was that little of a threat!? After everything!?

--

Not cool. Hey man, look, if you could not kill me, that'd be pretty great. I think my parent would be kinda mad at me. I promised I'd be careful, and I don't think dying is considered careful, sooo.

--

Parent? Was he about to kill someone that had family? That hadn’t done anything to him? Or were they lying to him? He hoped they were just lying, because they understood how much family meant. Hell, it was why he was trying to kill Amel. Why Blair was going to kill Amel.

--

Also, you're making it really hard to think, a blade to someone's neck is not a very good first impression. I mean, you'll get like... no friends doing that. Kind of a jerk move. And you know I'm kinda in pain right now, so if you could, like, stop holding an oversized knife to my throat, that'd be great. Shit. First person to catch me, congrats. The game... is over now!

--

Blair lasted about two seconds more before sighing, running his right hand down his face in complete desperation. When he spoke, his voice was as hoarse sounding as it always was. “Alright, whatever.” He could probably use that doubt about Amel though, maybe reveal just how fucked up their leader was. “What makes you think Amel’s wrong a lot? The fact that he betrays everyone or is he just that terrible a leader? Bet it’s both.

--

He moved his CJ Yari a bit, so that the younger one could at least move to where their weapon was killing them slowly. They had what could be an eventual ally here! And yeah, they were right, a three bladed spear to the throat wasn’t exactly the best first impression.

--

Look, I’m not here to kill you. Or your parent… Probably. Unless your parent’s Amel. Which, in that case, I’m sorry for you. Truly, I am. But you could just shoot him, done! Oll af your broblems woult leafe!” He winced at the different accents mixing in the last sentence, his voice deeper there too. He hoped Arrow didn’t notice the brief emotion that crossed his eyes, weakness got people nowhere in this world. Huffing and starting over. It wasn’t like there was any real threat right now, especially since he hadn’t been attacked yet, “Anyways, I’m Blair. You?

Whispers Cost | Adapa x SocratesDecember 17, 2021 11:17 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

So, are we going to go back to singing now or not? I feel like it’d be a waste of talent if we didn’t.

Ambrose glanced back towards Amel, remembering what he'd said. "Um, well, I think Amel actually... didn't want that." He murmured.

Isabella scoffed. "Of course he didn't, he never likes stuff like that!" She replied, rolling her eyes. She knew better than to try to pressure Ambrose to do something that might upset others though, he hated others being upset, similar to Esta.

---

I can’t help much with that either, I’m afraid. I suck at reading literally any type of reaction. But like, I guess just watch for, uh… Blushing or smiling, I guess..?

Esta nodded. "Alright." She agreed, "I'll try it sometime... maybe." She smiled at Illon. "So, how are you feeling, Illon?"

---

Alright, whatever.

Agnar blinked in surprise, he hadn't expected the guy to give in so easily.

What makes you think Amel’s wrong a lot? The fact that he betrays everyone or is he just that terrible a leader? Bet it’s both.

Ooooo, things were starting to come together in Agnar's mind. At the moment, he'd put together 'wants revenge on Amel.'

Look, I’m not here to kill you. Or your parent… Probably. Unless your parent’s Amel. Which, in that case, I’m sorry for you. Truly, I am. But you could just shoot him, done! Oll af your broblems woult leafe! Anyways, I’m Blair. You?”

Agnar scrambled to sit up as soon as he was allowed and pulled his bow off his back, grimacing when he saw the large crack that ran all the way down it.

"Nope, Amel's definitely not my parent," Agnar stated, a look of pained annoyance on his face. There was still wood in his back, he could feel it, and, being human, he couldn't reach back enough to pull anything out. He'd just have to wait until he got back to Esta. "Also, I didn't plan to shoot anyone in my group. Amel pisses me off, but he's still the leader, and, again, pretty sure my parent would be mad at me. I don't want to get into another argument, we just got over one." Angar examined his broken bow a moment longer before deeming it unfixable and using his good hand to toss it into the bushes, shooting the newcomer an accusing glare as he did so.

"My name's Agnar, and, sorry, but it's really not nice to meet you." The ranger said, attempting to push himself to his feet and then realizing two things, one, Blair still had his weapon pointed towards him and could easily kill him, and two, he couldn't stand up without nearly passing out from pain.

"God!" Agnar exclaimed, sinking back to the ground, grabbing one of his knives in his good hand, and glaring at Blair. "I'm not used to this, I hit, I don't get hit. This fucking sucks. I want Eni." He let out a frustrated huff, almost sounding like a child, then adding. "Oh, by the way, you've got approximently five minutes before the others realize I'm missing. I'm never late. But, while your here, to kill Amel, I assume, that accent if flipping awesome, dude. I mean, really, never heard it before. Oh, and could you maybe do me a favor and take this rediculas piece of wood under my shoulder blade out of my back, without killing me? It's starting to hurt an unbearable amount. I really hope Esta can fix my wrist, because if you fucked up my ability to shoot, nice guy goes out the window. I worked very hard to make my parent proud using those exceptional skills, and I would actually probably loose my shit if I lost that. I don't do that often."

Agnar coughed and then groaned in pain. "It hurts to breathe, man. What the hell?! Look, I'm a nice guy, I wouldn't have killed you if you just said 'Hey! You weird really fast person! I see you! HI!' Instead of beating me up. I mean, I'm not sure how to feel about this whole Amel situation, but I still wouldn't have shot you! I'm not a heartless idiot, I don't kill unless I have to to save myself or someone I care about."

Whispers Cost | Adapa x SocratesDecember 18, 2021 07:37 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

Agris ‘Blair’ Bairugih | 23 | Male | Gay | Turncoat | Mentions; Amel(Ind), Agnar(Dir/Ind), The Others(Even More Ind)

--

Um, well, I think Amel actually... didn't want that.

--

Of course he didn't, he never likes stuff like that!

--

Eni shrugged, “Alright then. Oh, hey, Ambrose. What’s your type? We were all talking about ours before you got back, so now it’s your turn.

*~*~*~*

Alright. I'll try it sometime... maybe. So, how are you feeling, Illon?

--

Illon thought for a second and then shrugged, “Better than before, at least. I’m just adjusting to… Everything. Basically. It’ll take some time but I got this. I’ll be back to trying to sneak out of the med tent in no time at all, just watch.” They paused and then added, “No, wait… Don’t watch. So that I can sneak out without being seen. Or dragged back in. So, yeah. Don’t watch me sneak out.” That was probably good, they still continued. “…Please?

*~*~*~*

Nope, Amel's definitely not my parent. Also, I didn't plan to shoot anyone in my group. Amel pisses me off, but he's still the leader, and, again, pretty sure my parent would be mad at me. I don't want to get into another argument, we just got over one. My name's Agnar, and, sorry, but it's really not nice to meet you.

--

Okay, all of that was kind of fair. It was still nice to have a name other than Arrow though. Blair shrugged with his right and muttered, “Worth a shot.” And with that, he turned on his ability to see lying. Which was always good to do. It only worked in person though, which was why Amel had gotten that shit past him.

--

God! I'm not used to this, I hit, I don't get hit. This fucking sucks. I want Eni. Oh, by the way, you've got approximately five minutes before the others realize I'm missing. I'm never late. But, while you're here, to kill Amel, I assume, that accent is flipping awesome, dude. I mean, really, never heard it before.” Blair winced at the compliment. Because duh he never heard it before, it was a mix of like- Four or five different accents.

--

Oh, and could you maybe do me a favor and take this ridiculous piece of wood under my shoulder blade out of my back, without killing me? It's starting to hurt an unbearable amount. I really hope Esta can fix my wrist, because if you fucked up my ability to shoot, nice guy goes out the window. I worked very hard to make my parent proud using those exceptional skills, and I would actually probably lose my shit if I lost that. I don't do that often. It hurts to breathe, man. What the hell?! Look, I'm a nice guy, I wouldn't have killed you if you just said 'Hey! You weird really fast person! I see you! HI!' Instead of beating me up. I mean, I'm not sure how to feel about this whole Amel situation, but I still wouldn't have shot you! I'm not a heartless idiot, I don't kill unless I have to to save myself or someone I care about.

--

Blair stared at Agnar for a moment. Nothing had been a lie right there. Agnar wouldn’t have tried to kill him? He groaned and dropped the weapon. “Yeah, yeah. I can fix your wrist and back problem. I was kind of expecting you to find me and kill me if I didn’t take action. But jeez, you ain’t even lying to try and get out of this. What type of utopia are you from? Honestly! Don’t you know that honesty can be just as dangerous sometimes?

--

He groaned as he realized that it was literally the only reason he was okay with helping Agnar. Which totally contradicted what he was saying. Whatever, it’s the reason I’m helping right now. I said sometimes, so this is just one of the rare exceptions where it’s good.

--

He took the man’s wrist first, focusing on where the sprain was already starting to swell and then using his ability of temperature change to cool it like an ice pack would’ve. “You’ll want to keep off of it for a bit, but this will help to reduce the swelling. I’m going to take the wood from your back and then use this again around the perimeter of the injury, it’ll stop the blood flow and make sure you don’t lose too much blood. All I need in return is for you to not tell anyone that I’m following. It won’t be for long, just until y'all reach the city. So that I can follow Amel and gun him down.

--

He let go of Agnar’s wrist and moved to behind him. Ouch, that definitely did not look too good. He took the wood in one hand, the other going around it and cooling the area so it wouldn’t be as painful when he pulled it out. And then he pulled, the wood coming out with the practiced ease of pulling splinters and larger splinters. Then, he put both hands at the perimeter of the actual injury, cooling it until the blood stopped spilling out from where the wood had once been.

--

You got really lucky, Agnar. It didn’t puncture your lungs or anything. You’ll probably get a scar, but that’ll be a badass one. Honestly. Had a run in with the most badass spy ever, and you still live.” Blair pulled his hands back and looked at the wound, “Your healer will probably be able to do more and all, but that’ll work for now. Want some help standing up, dude?

--

Sure, he could call him a kid, but… It was only a two year difference at most. He was definitely an adult, no doubt about it.

Whispers Cost | Adapa x SocratesDecember 18, 2021 09:58 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

Alright then. Oh, hey, Ambrose. What’s your type? We were all talking about ours before you got back, so now it’s your turn.

Ambrose looked over in surprise. That hadn't been a question he was expecting. "A... type?" The traveler thought for a long moment before responding. "Well, I'd like someone who doesn't try to hold me back or to repress me. I'd like for there to be mutual respect for each other in every way." He stated. "Also, though... I honestly think it'd be nice if someone was willing to... stick up for me in a way? I mean, I don't really like arguing and I typically back down when challenged, so a kind of protection would be really comforting. Also, though, someone who I feel able to open up to and talk to without worrying about judgment, and someone who I can just spend time with comfortably. I think that'd be good." He replied, looking up at the others with a faint smile.

---

Better than before, at least. I’m just adjusting to… Everything. Basically. It’ll take some time but I got this. I’ll be back to trying to sneak out of the med tent in no time at all, just watch. No, wait… Don’t watch. So that I can sneak out without being seen. Or dragged back in. So, yeah. Don’t watch me sneak out. …Please?”

Esta shook her head, eyes amused. "No sneaking out, Illon! I will continue to drag you back until you're fully healed." She stated, smirking a little. "I am glad you're feeling better, though."

----

Yeah, yeah. I can fix your wrist and back problem. I was kind of expecting you to find me and kill me if I didn’t take action. But jeez, you ain’t even lying to try and get out of this. What type of utopia are you from? Honestly! Don’t you know that honesty can be just as dangerous sometimes? Whatever, it’s the reason I’m helping right now. I said sometimes, so this is just one of the rare exceptions where it’s good.”

Agnar grinned. "You know, that's a fair assumption, but still. Also, I didn't really have a choice, right? I mean, either I lie and try to fight you, which is not a great idea for me right now, or I tell the truth and hope for the best." He flinched a little when Blair touched him, but didn't pull away.

You’ll want to keep off of it for a bit, but this will help to reduce the swelling. I’m going to take the wood from your back and then use this again around the perimeter of the injury, it’ll stop the blood flow and make sure you don’t lose too much blood. All I need in return is for you to not tell anyone that I’m following. It won’t be for long, just until y'all reach the city. So that I can follow Amel and gun him down. “You got really lucky, Agnar. It didn’t puncture your lungs or anything. You’ll probably get a scar, but that’ll be a badass one. Honestly. Had a run-in with the most badass spy ever, and you still live. Your healer will probably be able to do more and all, but that’ll work for now. Want some help standing up, dude?”

"Oh, wow. That's trippy, dude." Agnar gasped, looking at his wrist in surprise. "Thanks. Also, though. I don't really know how I'll get away with a bleeding back and sprained wrist when I go back. I don't get hurt really ever unless someone attacks me... or I... You know what, you don't need to know the other reason. Anyway, my point is, the others won't believe I just fell or something, especially not on my bow. I'm kind of like a cat, if I fall I'm able to land on my feet, I'm fast and very aware of the things around me. My parent would be especially skeptical. If you've got a decent idea of what I should say, I might consider it, but honestly, I'm probably the worst person you could have caught and then tried to send back injured. Well, except maybe Isabella or Karma, they'd probably run back ranting about how a stupid guy tried to kill them."

Agnar huffed and looked to Blair, extending his good hand. "Yep, some help up would be great. Also, I have a tendency to get lucky when I run into bullies. Always have. Weird, huh? Guess I'm just too awesome to kill."

Once he was on his feet again, Agnar activated his powers again and tilted his head, easily picking up sounds of his group a ways away. "Still talking about relationships. Interesting. Glad Illon's doing alright." He hummed softly to himself and looked up at the trees, eyes thoughtful. "So, if you don't mind me asking, why do you hate Amel so much? I get that he's not a very likable guy... at all, but you've got reason to kill him? I don't like Amel in the least, he's done some absolutely stupid shit, and he's kinda a backstabber, but I feel like the effects of killing him would be worse than the inconvenience of being around him."

Whispers Cost | Adapa x SocratesDecember 19, 2021 01:27 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

Agris ‘Blair’ Bairugih | 23 | Male | Gay | Turncoat | Mentions; Amel(Ind), Agnar(Dir/Ind), The Others(Even More Ind)

--

A… type? Well, I'd like someone who doesn't try to hold me back or to repress me. I'd like for there to be mutual respect for each other in every way. Also, though... I honestly think it'd be nice if someone was willing to... stick up for me in a way? I mean, I don't really like arguing and I typically back down when challenged, so a kind of protection would be really comforting. Also, though, someone who I feel able to open up to and talk to without worrying about judgment, and someone who I can just spend time with comfortably. I think that'd be good.

--

Salen smiled softly, “That’s nice, Ambrose. And certainly fits you. We were also talking about what we think Karma, Illon, and Amel’s types would be. Any ideas?

*~*~*~*

No sneaking out, Illon! I will continue to drag you back until you're fully healed. I am glad you're feeling better, though.

--

Illon huffed dramatically, “Oh, come on, Esta! Let me sneak out. It’s fun. Plus, I mean, I’ve done it plenty of times and the times where you didn’t catch me, I always ended up fine! So it’s no more dangerous than sneaking out of an abandoned warehouse.

*~*~*~*

Oh, wow. That's trippy, dude. Thanks. Also, though. I don't really know how I'll get away with a bleeding back and sprained wrist when I go back. I don't get hurt really ever unless someone attacks me... or I... You know what, you don't need to know the other reason. Anyway, my point is, the others won't believe I just fell or something, especially not on my bow. I'm kind of like a cat, if I fall I'm able to land on my feet, I'm fast and very aware of the things around me. My parent would be especially skeptical. If you've got a decent idea of what I should say, I might consider it, but honestly, I'm probably the worst person you could have caught and then tried to send back injured. Well, except maybe Isabella or Karma, they'd probably run back ranting about how a stupid guy tried to kill them. Yep, some help up would be great. Also, I have a tendency to get lucky when I run into bullies. Always have. Weird, huh? Guess I'm just too awesome to kill.

--

Jeez… This guy was talkative, and honest. Blair couldn’t decide whether or not this was a good thing. On one hand, it meant Blair was being told what could be potentially valuable information. On the other hand though, it meant that it was more likely that he’d end up telling the group. Either way, Blair took Agnar’s good hand and helped pull him to his feet.

--

Still talking about relationships. Interesting. Glad Illon's doing alright. So, if you don't mind me asking, why do you hate Amel so much? I get that he's not a very likable guy... at all, but you've got reason to kill him? I don't like Amel in the least, he's done some absolutely stupid shit, and he's kinda a backstabber, but I feel like the effects of killing him would be worse than the inconvenience of being around him.

--

Blair thought for a moment. He already had to find an excuse for him but now Agnar was also wanting to know why Amel had to die? Great. He definitely wasn’t ready to open that wound back up. But what else could work? Probably a vague answer, technically still the truth but not enough to where it reopen any of the stupid feelings that had been festering recently. “Amel… Imagine this. You’re hired by someone to kill some people that keep getting in your new employer’s way. In return, they tell you that they will spare the people close to you. So, you do the jobs, right? But when it comes time for the people you care for to be spared, the employer doesn’t keep his end of the bargain and kills them… That’s why. Someone like that doesn’t get to live happily afterwards, if they get to live at all.

--

Blair had taken to looking at the trees, his right hand in one of his trench coat’s pockets, the one where his black karambit lay waiting for use. Now then… What could he possibly tell Agnar to say that would explain the injury… An attack from a big animal, one that’s stealthy enough to catch him off guard? That would probably be some kind of feline, but were there any of those out here?

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    5    6    7    8    9    10    11   ..   15 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us