It makes me laugh to think about just how unprepared they were. Here they were, with all the technology, the life-saving technology that could have save thousands, no, millions of people! Yet they crumbled in the face of a natural disaster. They were prepared for our own damage, their own wars, their own battles against each other. But when Mother Nature wanted to join in, well, it's clear to say she won.
January 13th, 2027 wasn't all that special to most people outside of Charlotte, North Carolina. It was a cold, windy morning, the temperatures low in the mid-forties. Most people were waking up to the sound of their alarm clocks, others allowing themselves to be lulled back to sleep. It was normal. Yet, it wasn't at the same time. Was the dining table always this close to the wall? Wait, why is the coffee maker on the floor? Yes, it was nothing but normal, and as soon as people began to realize it, it happened again.
Tremors shook the land. It rocked the streets back and forth as if they were waves on the ocean, rattling buildings as if they were the unforunate driftwood who'd lost it's way from shore. Then, lost in the abyss, the chasm the cracked the city in half and plunged it into the depths of hell.
Okay maybe it wasn't that bad. But it was bad enough that the governor called for the city to be immediately and permanantly evacutated, calling military and volunteers to rip people from the ruins of a fallen metatroplis. Anything the government's minions deemed unnecessary was left behind, closed off by red tape surrounding the city, and left for dead.
And that's where we come in.
Apparently, they consider us "unnecessary." That part makes me laugh too. Us, useless, after all we've done for them? We've been partners since before the Stone Age, guiding each other through the everchanging generations, growing and developing alongside you. Yet now we're left because a couple beefheads said some mangy mutts weren't worth the effort. Sirs, I am appalled. If I had a middle finger, I'd use it at you.
So yes, that is where we come in. While those fleabrains are feeble and die off like flies, us dogs are resilent. So what if we've got the whole city to ourselves? Nature is already taking over the ruins of the city, creeping in with ivy walls and scurrying rodents. We'll find a way to survive here. I know we will. Even if it means we have to do the impossible and work together.
( This is a semi-literate to literate roleplay. Don't be fooled by my possibly misleading introduction, I'm expecting people who can at least write a paragraph of 7+ sentences, though I'd prefer 2 detailed paragraphs or more.
( Again, I may have confused people by the introduction's sudden twist. It was intended. :> This roleplay focuses around canine species, including dogs of all breeds, wolves, coyotes, and even an african wild dog, because don't the rich just love their exotic pets? This takes place after an unexpected, 9.1 magnitude earthquake in the middle of Charlotte, North Carolina, where they really shouldn't be happening. So when it did, all they could do was flee and maybe hope to rebuild in the next couple decades, if they were lucky. "But they left the dogs behind," you may be thinking. Yes, yes they did. I wouldn't have a roleplay concept if they didn't. Therefore, it's going to be focused on the aftermath of the earthquake, where previously pampered pooches are now surviving off scraps. Over the early course of this roleplay, these dogs are going to come together and form a group. The twist? Read the next bulletpoint.
( If you've ever heard of DnD, then you know there's a gamemaster who designs the campaign and repeatively throws more and more difficult challenges at the heros till they hopefully die. Or at least that's how I've seen it. Point is is that I'll be the gamemaster but you guys get to design the campaign. Literally. From the ground up, members will be tasked to bring together a group of dogs to form a pack; structured, named, and lead by the players themselves. You can't just slap a cookie-cutter on it either and call it a pack. Oh no no no. As the gamemaster and part-time player myself, I'll be guiding you through developing your own, unique group where your choices matter. Your system will be tested through series of events and player-made drama, so even if your character starts out as an omega, they could just as easily become alpha over the course of the roleplay. Though, like I said, there's no roles. The roleplay will begin with a chosen group of dogs that will form the basis of the pack. From there, members will trickle in with their characters, be it from a happy accident or from scouting parties in the city. Maybe you're already based in the city though. I don't know, you'll get to plan that out with your fellow players.
( Also by the way, the location of Charlotte isn't signficant. I just chose a major city that I was familar with. Don't read too much into it.
( The early bird gets the worm. As soon as the discussion forum is created and added to this page, you'll be allowed to start planning the early stages, mind you, the early stages of the group's endeavors. From there on, as more people come in, it'll be agreed upon and you guys will start roleplaying it out. However, and y'all are going to have to listen to this; do not fight. Each person's opinion will be considered in the creation of different aspects, but if your idea isn't choosen, please rememeber that the pack dynamics can be ripped apart fairly easy if it's not working out roleplay wise or needs to be revised in general for the sake of survival. Co-operation is a must. Fighting with other people will get your character killed off. Easily. Snap. Gone. Do also keep in note that while you don't need to run every idea by me, I do need to know what's going on so I can make sure you're abiding by the rules of both Wolfplay and my rules. Also so I can steer you in the path of survival with your characters while also plotting out ways I can ruin your character's day. Mwah haha.
( Keep it realistic folks. This is a semi-realism roleplay, so there will be no powers, no gifts, no bright pink pony-wolves prancing around with wings and a horn. None of that. However, you should also be steering to keep your dogs diverse and balanced out in both apperance / breed, personality, and strengths. Which means Mary Sues aren't allowed. Which also means that if I see too many dogs of the same breed, gender, or personality archtype I'll either deny your form or put a restriction on new characters coming in. There will not a be a pack of pureblooded huskies who are all friendly but rude, mean, and dangerous when they're attacked. nOpe.
( Once you get to the point where you're creating your character, keep in mind that a puppy younger than a year old probably won't survive without a parents or caretaker. Therefore, please do not make one younger than that unless you've got a plan. Speaking of puppies, in the roleplay, if two people consent to having them, then puppies can sorta magically appear if there's people to play as them. it can be either people from the roleplay or new people joining, if people are still joining at that point.
( I have a life. Shocking. Which means I can't babysit you guys all day and answer half a million questions. Talk to your fellow members, follow the rules of Wolfplay and this roleplay, and y'all should be good. Which also means don't go planning half a million future things when you don't even know the curveball I'm throwing at you.
You still have the read the stuff below this if you wanna join, but here's the very very very general overview. Keep it PG-13, respect your fellow members, follow all Wolfplay rules, and if you get three strikes, or two strikes if it's bad enough, then your character is killed off in the roleplay and you're kicked. You don't get another chance like the game Among Us. :>
Oh, oh, oh. Listen to and respect your game and forum moderators. If they want to pay us a visit, then treat them with respect and listen to whatever they need / want to tell us. Don't get this topic locked, please...
1. Wolfplay Rules and Moderator's say-so trumps all my rules; keep it PG-13 and treat others with respect.
2. When writing roleplay replies, make sure that they are at least a paragraph with 7+ sentences. Though, I'd prefer 2 or more paragraphs for detail.
3. Speaking of which, write at least 1 paragraph for your character's apperance and 2 for your character's personality.
4. On the topic of your character's personality, do not allude or talk about subjects that would not be PG-13 or appropriate for the this website and roleplay.
5. Again, personality. Make sure that your characters are diverse in breed, apperance, personality, etc etc. There shouldn't be two characters that could be exact twins in personality and apperance.
6. Characters again. Make sure you're only creating characters that you're going to use that will contribute to the roleplay. If your dog is just sitting around not really doing anything for most of the roleplay, chances are that nobody's gonna blink an eye if they die. Keep that in mind.
7. You're limited to 3 active characters in the roleplay. Depending on whatever hierachy system you guys develop, then you're only allowed one "high ranking" role. However, you are allowed to "save" characters and reserve them. If you plan to kill off one or two of your characters, or heck even all of them, then you can post their character sheet in advance untill you can add them into the roleplay after the death of one of your characters.
8. Do not powerplay. Do not godmod. Do not control another person's character without their permission or within a certain degree of expectancy of their next action. If you say hi to another character, then it's safe to assume they'll say hi back and then you can go from there. However, direct controlling of them, which could be like writing their dialogue for them, is not allowed. Neither is seriously injuring or killing another person's character. PM them or discuss it within the discussion chat before you do such. Getting injured is expected, of course, this is a survival roleplay and dogs may die in the process, but don't do something big without their permission. And don't be afraid to let your dog get injured. There's a lot of drama in injuries. If you've gotten this far, incorperate the word of your character's zodiac sign inside your characer's personality.
9. OOC, out of characer, drama is NOT allowed. Keep it civil between your fellow packmates and talk things out. The minimal to be on here is 16. Act like it when you're dicussing plans. Get people's permisison. Include people and their ideas. Do it and maybe the next event won't be so bad.
10. The winner of a roleplay fight will be determinded before their roleplayers act it out. If an agreement cannot be reached by their creators, then it will be voted upon.
11. Nothing is permanent. Just because you didn't get your way in the beginning doesn't mean it won't happen later on. Though, don't be bossy about it and accept it if it doesn't.
12. Not totally sure why I need reservations, but they last 36 hours. Add a day and 12 hours to the time I accept the reservsation. This is probably only useful for characters that may be reaching the limit of a certain category, like gender, breed, or something, but it's here in case that's a problem.
13. Speaking of reservations and characters, I have full control over accepting and denying character sheets. If I feel like you're not literate enough, diverse enough with your character, or you didn't follow the rules and put the secret code in, then I can deny you. We can discuss it via PM if you like, or you can go back over the rules, edit your post, let me know, and I'll give it another go. If it's because you're not diverse or literate enough, then I am more than willing to help you out there buddy. I can give you some pointers on what to do with your character so I can accept you <3.
14. Oh, speaking of private messages; if you want to plot something big out, like environmentally big and not just within the pack, like maybe having two groups, or humans come in, or something of the sort, PM me and we can discuss it. I can't gurantee that I'll allow it, but that's better than not trying at all if I do accept it, right?
15. Speaking of creator permisisons, haha... I'll post an update of the time in the roleplay forum whenever I feel like it's dragging on. Daybreak, nightbreak, eveningbreak. I'll also decide the weather for the next day and if there are any conditions, new events, or perks for that day. Keep in mind that depending on the flow of messages, days can last from either from a few days in real life or a week or two. The more you post, the faster it comes. Which is absolutely great because it gives you a daily prompt outside the drama you're already creating.
16. Posting, right. Post at least 4 times a week or your character(s) may risk being killed off. You don't need 4 replies with each character, just 4 in general. If you are taking a hiatus, a short break, or need some more time to settle things out in real life and stuff so you can post, please PM me to let me know and then post it in discussion so the others know. It won't be counted against you at all.
17. Wow, 17 rules already. 17 is usually a very popular age for romance in roleplays by the way, but since we're dealing with doggos and not humans, don't have love at first sight or instant mates without prior discussion or planning. It's strange, and so is having romance between your characters. Past romantic connections are fine, but it doesn't give others a chance to roleplay with yours if they're taken by... yours. Also, keep it PG-13. Skip over those scenes, the inappropriate ones. We're not interested in reading that and neither is the mod who's probably going to warn you.
18. Hate the character not the player. If the character is an asshole, then that's good for drama. Just keep your drama aimed at the character and not the person who's willing to play an anatagonist, it's highly disrespectful.
19. I have mentioned that this roleplay is semi-realistic right? I think I have, so this shouldn't come as a shocker. I am perfectly fine with you guys making your characters LGBTQIA+. They can be gay, non-binary, whatever you want as long as they still identify as a canine.
20. Thank you for reading. I hope you decide to join, and if you do, have fun!!
roleplay thread ; somewhere in the future it's here
You'll see the sign-up sheet posted down below for reference. You don't have to follow it to a T. If you want to switch it up some, add some borders, pretty aesthetics, or even switch the order of the "questions" then go right ahead. Just make sure that every section is filled out, apperance has at least one paragraph and personality two paragraphs (if you're stuck just think of it as good traits and then flaws), contains the secret code hidden in the rules, and most importantly, follows Wolfplay rules concerning crediting and art. If I find out you used uncredited, non-stock, pictures that you generally aren't supposed to use, then you'll be kicked from this roleplay and your sheet denied. On a lighter note, if you're like me and annoyed that devaintart lacks stock of your favorite dog breed, then you are more than welcome to post credited art with the appropriate credits for your dog as long as they are realistic enough that you'd see them naturally in real life. And no, dyed dogs do not count.
*insert something here for me to copy later*
Note; do not advertise this roleplay as it is against WolfPlay rules. You are more than welcome to invite your friends too it and talk about it outside of discussion, encouraged even, but please don't advertise for me. I'd rather not have a mod warning you 'bout that.
Yes, this is my first roleplay on Wolfplay. I've done several on other sites and platforms, but this is my first for this one. That being said, if there's any advice, tips, and other things you want/need to tell me to help me out some, feel feel to PM me at #268264 or hit that little mail icon under my profile picture. Also, if you are interested in helping out with the roleplay, be it as a co-host or general advisor, you are again, welcome to contact me.
- For the sake of clarity, let's say that dogs live for 17 years on average here and they're fully grown by the age of 1, or 2 for larger breeds.
- I don't care about your character's gender as long as we have enough males and females that puppies are possible.
- Be creative :D
- Need at least a detailed, 7+ sentence paragraph here. Stock pictures and owned art pieces are also acceptable, but they still need the paragraph, and you must credit the creator of the art pieces and stock appropriately. For the reasons of breeds, Wolfplay created customs are discouraged, but accepted.
- You need at least two paragraphs here. If you're stuck, then you may have one pargraph for flaws and one for good traits. However, their flaws should balance out their good traits or overweigh them. Seeing some developed anatagonists would be wonderful. But at the same time, try to create a diverse personality. No Mary Sues, Weeping Willows, Dodging Dillons, or Edgelord Ellens; or whatever people term these obnoxious characters.
- Extra information concerning their history, owners, or really just anything that didn't fit above can go here. Theme songs, quotes, (quotes are amazing for characters), zodiac sign, birthday- there's so many things you can put here if you want, though it's not required.
- This should be self-explaintory. Your family has a huge impact on you, so it makes sense that it would have an impact on your character as well. Though, you don't have to include this one.
- Again, don't worry about this too much. If you want, you can update this later as the roleplay progresses, or if you character is starting off with pre-existing relations with other people, be it your own other character or another person's that you've discussed, you can also put it here.